Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,177 members, 7,887,419 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:39 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (307296 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Gudintent: 10:36pm On May 13, 2010
worry246:

Stop asking about UK visa!
With new Conservative gov unless your name is Goodluck Johnson you have more chance of getting to the moon than UK!

justwise:

Are u on hard stuff or what?

@JW - he is on gas wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:24am On May 14, 2010
Gudintent:

@JW - he is on gas wink

Have to agree with u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by martinosi: 10:55pm On May 19, 2010
Looks like every Nairaland members/browser in Naija has visited this section lol!!!
may friends in the Home office @ croydon get a Kick out of visiting this forum to see
how nigerians are planning to come to the uk!!!

OGA IFY TAKE IT EASY O!!! I KNOW SAY U HAVE BEEN WORKING AT THE CROYDON HOME OFFICE  FOR
A LONG TIME AND YOU HAVE COME ACCROSS THE CRAZIEST STORIES BUT NAIJA IS STILL THE BIRTHPLACE
OF YOU PARENTS LOL!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Opeyinka(f): 4:04pm On May 26, 2010
Good day all,

I know this is UK Visa Enquiry. Please I need help from people who are in UK or have been traveling to UK.

My sister got her Visitors Visa to UK last week. The person she was suppose to stay with told her after she got the visa that she cant stay with her again. Maybe the person felt she wont get the visa when she was promising.

The person who invited her already has two extended family members staying with him and cant accommodate her

My sister is looking for a bed and breakfast to stay in Reading which will not be to expensive for about 2 weeks or max 3 weeks.

Please make suggestion.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 8:40pm On May 26, 2010
Opeyinka:

Good day all,

I know this is UK Visa Enquiry. Please I need help from people who are in UK or have been traveling to UK.

My sister got her Visitors Visa to UK last week. The person she was suppose to stay with told her after she got the visa that she cant stay with her again. Maybe the person felt she wont get the visa when she was promising.

The person who invited her already has two extended family members staying with him and cant accommodate her

My sister is looking for a bed and breakfast to stay in Reading which will not be to expensive for about 2 weeks or max 3 weeks.

Please make suggestion.

Thank you

Google for cheap b & B in Reading, you will get loads of results.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jpamela: 9:00am On Jun 06, 2010
hi guys, pls anyone help me,
i was refused a visa because the bank certificate that i submitted was not genuine, i had a consultancy who processed my bank cert in order to expediate the process of obtaining pertinent bank documents but they did not deposit the amount that i had them deposit, i was so stupid to believe that the bank documents that they presented to me were genuine, what i fear now is in my refusal letter it was stated that my future application MAY attract an automatic refusal of 10 years because I was refused under paragraph 320 (7a), if i will file for fresh application with genuine bank cert would that still merit an automatic refusal of 10 years? would it help if i will include in my new application all the affidavit of complaints that i will be filing against those who misled me about the authenticity of my account just to prove that it was not my intention to submit a false document? Or can I just file an administrative review to plead that I will not merit an automatic refusal on my next application considering the evidences that I will be presenting that I myself was misled that I had a genuine bank certificate? please enlighten me on what to do, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 2:29pm On Jun 06, 2010
jpamela:

hi guys, pls anyone help me,
i was refused a visa because the bank certificate that i submitted was not genuine, i had a consultancy who processed my bank cert in order to expediate the process of obtaining pertinent bank documents but they did not deposit the amount that i had them deposit, i was so silly to believe that the bank documents that they presented to me were genuine, what i fear now is in my refusal letter it was stated that my future application MAY attract an automatic refusal of 10 years because I was refused under paragraph 320 (7a), if i will file for fresh application with genuine bank cert would that still merit an automatic refusal of 10 years? would it help if i will include in my new application all the affidavit of complaints that i will be filing against those who misled me about the authenticity of my account just to prove that it was not my intention to submit a false document? Or can I just file an administrative review to plead that I will not merit an automatic refusal on my next application considering the evidences that I will be presenting that I myself was misled that I had a genuine bank certificate? please enlighten me on what to do, thanks

well you should ty and go 4 a J review and address the issue on ground cos a brand new application will def attract a 10yrs ban.I recon you should write a comprehensive statement detailing how it was not your intention to provide or falsify you Docs.just out of curiosity,what is a Bank cert?aint you only just told to bring your bank statement for 6 months?Anywya, you should be able to proove beyond resonable doubt that it was not your intention to provide falsified Docs only like that you can avoid the 10 yr ban,if that dont work better apply for fresh VISA so that the 10 yr would start counting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jpamela: 3:01pm On Jun 06, 2010
thanks erico2k2, i posted a lot of blogs but you are the very first who answered my query, thanks again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by topsys: 11:33pm On Jun 07, 2010
Plz i need help in knowing the document am to summit has a dependant of a post study worker .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Yorubah(m): 11:59am On Jun 08, 2010
Hello kind people on Nairaland, I would need advise on my trip to UK for holiday. I have an Invitation letter and Biodata passport page of my Inlaw inviting me, also my company certificate of incorporation with my company bank statement. please advise me what more do i need to meet the requirements.

I look forward reading from you

Thanks

Segun
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sulaiman1: 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2010
Hey please can anyone advise me on what to do. i applied for renewal of my visa and its two months now. i traveled to uk and i came back as stipulated. i dont know why it takes so long. i mailed BHC 2wks back and i was told its been differed for checks that they will get back to vfs as soon as they get response to their checks. please advise me on what to do as its getting too late. i only went to renew so that i can go for summer but now i want to apply 4 US student visa, i have all my document and i ve canceled appointment three times. please what can i do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 9:15pm On Jun 15, 2010
sulaiman1:

Hey please can anyone advise me on what to do. i applied for renewal of my visa and its two months now. i traveled to uk and i came back as stipulated. i dont know why it takes so long. i mailed BHC 2wks back and i was told its been differed for checks that they will get back to vfs as soon as they get response to their checks. please advise me on what to do as its getting too late. i only went to renew so that i can go for summer but now i want to apply 4 US student visa, i have all my document and i ve canceled appointment three times. please what can i do
Man you just have to keep mailing them, there is no sure way of making them do anything faster, i tell you, them lot there are xtreemly slow at times.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoAlata(f): 5:58am On Jun 18, 2010
There ARE talks of immigration rule changes by the present government so you lot have to get in quick. Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:39am On Jun 18, 2010
Omo Alata:

There ARE talks of immigration rule changes by the present government so you lot have to get in quick. Good luck.

Its all hot air, the changes will not be much different from what we have now already
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by concrete: 11:58pm On Jun 23, 2010
Hello

I need some advice on sponsoring my husband.

I was born in the UK and will be renewing my now exipred passport shortly. I'm assuming I have the right to sponsor my husband/apply for him to get his UK status.

I've never lived there in any capacity. So my questions are as follows: do I need to get an N.I. card, to show proof of residency/establish residency there?  how long can i expect the process to take? do i need to a certain amount of cash in my account? how about accomodation? i ask this b/c i live in canada as a citizen but the process here is longer from what i gather, and we are looking at UK b/c of our schooling ambitions.

My husband and I were married in Nigeria in April. When I look into this info online, I mostly find that it for engaged couples who are looking to marry in UK

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoAlata(f): 6:48am On Jun 24, 2010
concrete:

I've never lived there in any capacity.

I think it may prove a tad difficult. From what I can recall when I invited my husband over to Britain, I had to show them a letter from my employer, payslips (to prove I can maintain him until he got a job), they checked to see that my accommodation was adequate (I had a 2-bedroom flat at the time; a friend of mine's aplication was turned down because she only had a 1-bedroom flat - I mean, how many rooms do a husband and wife need? wink)

If you are not resident here, I doubt they will grant you your wish (but I could be wrong so don't take my word as gospel).

Why not relocate now and settle over here for maybe 6 months then start your process?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by concrete: 5:34pm On Jun 24, 2010
^^^^^

i should clarify that i'm not trying to just invite him but provide him with actual long-term status there

i assume the same applies

thanks for your response. will start looking into it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoAlata(f): 6:05pm On Jun 24, 2010
concrete:

^^^^^

i should clarify that i'm not trying to just invite him but provide him with actual long-term status there

i assume the same applies

Yes because you are not residing over here at the moment. You will have to move to the UK before you can invite someone here. I don't see how possible or feasible it would be for you to invite someone to live in the UK whilst you are resident in Canada since you will be responsible for the person i.e. housing, financially etc. British Embassy will ask you for proof of housing and some household bills in your name - electricity, gas, council tax, tenancy agreement etc - how will you be able to provide these if you don't live here?

Perhaps someone else can shed some light on this. Good luck though smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:09pm On Jun 24, 2010
Omo Alata:

Yes because you are not residing over here at the moment. You will have to move to the UK before you can invite someone here. I don't see how possible or feasible it would be for you to invite someone to live in the UK whilst you are resident in Canada since you will be responsible for the person i.e. housing, financially etc. British Embassy will ask you for proof of housing and some household bills in your name - electricity, gas, council tax, tenancy agreement etc - how will you be able to provide these if you don't live here?

Perhaps someone else can shed some light on this. Good luck though smiley

You are abolutely right.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoAlata(f): 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2010
justwise:

You are abolutely right.

Thanks justwise. I knew you'd be on the ball as usual
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:41pm On Jun 24, 2010
Omo Alata:

Thanks justwise. I knew you'd be on the ball as usual

Its NL addiction
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by concrete: 2:27am On Jun 25, 2010
thank you all for your imput. it's appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoAlata(f): 6:23am On Jun 25, 2010
concrete:

thank you all for your imput. it's appreciated

It's not an impossible task but it will take some time to facilitate. You'll have to tell your hubby to be patient. If you start the process now, he should be here (here as in the UK) in say a year's time, Ceteri paribus.

You have to start by getting your British passport then moving here. Do you have family/friends in the UK you can stay with for a while?

Then you'll have to get a job (they will require a "To whom it may concern" letter from your employer, your own place so you can get your own bills (if you are living with people, your name won't be on the bills), you'll have to open a bank account (very essential), register with a GP, keep copies of all your correspondence to your hubby e.g. phone bills etc etc then you will send him a letter of invitation and take it from there.

Or maybe you should just invite him to Canada then you can both move over here. Weigh the pros and cons and see which one will be less of a hassle. Good luck girl.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by concrete: 8:52pm On Jun 25, 2010
Omo Alata:

It's not an impossible task but it will take some time to facilitate. You'll have to tell your hubby to be patient. If you start the process now, he should be here (here as in the UK) in say a year's time, Ceteri paribus.

You have to start by getting your British passport then moving here. Do you have family/friends in the UK you can stay with for a while?

Then you'll have to get a job (they will require a "To whom it may concern" letter from your employer, your own place so you can get your own bills (if you are living with people, your name won't be on the bills), you'll have to open a bank account (very essential), register with a GP, keep copies of all your correspondence to your hubby e.g. phone bills etc etc then you will send him a letter of invitation and take it from there.

Or maybe you should just invite him to Canada then you can both move over here. Weigh the pros and cons and see which one will be less of a hassle. Good luck girl.

thanks!!!!!! will first get my british passport then take it frofm there. will also start looking at applying for some jobs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by concrete: 8:54pm On Jun 25, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^

also, what does GP stand for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoAlata(f): 9:27pm On Jun 25, 2010
concrete:

^^^^^^^^^^

also, what does GP stand for?

Doctor grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:31pm On Jun 25, 2010
Omo Alata:

Doctor grin

Or General Practitioner
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Yorubah(m): 10:18am On Jun 26, 2010
May God open peoples eyes ooo on this traveling wahala,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by james1(m): 8:57pm On Jun 28, 2010
@siena.everybody's idea should be allowed here,since it is a public forum;jairzinho complained about his post removal,have you done a thing about it?only the moderator can delete post.
I have been watching from the sideline;it is obvious that some cluque operate here,one boasted about the"five" .
This is NL,just in case some peeps forgot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kentro201: 1:27pm On Jun 30, 2010
please good day everybody, I am yet to receive my visa letter for a course starting september 2010, please is it too late to apply for visa early august?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2010
kentro201:

please good day everybody, I am yet to receive my visa letter for a course starting september 2010, please is it too late to apply for visa early august?

Check ur email you should be given a number(CAS). That represents admission letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kentro201: 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2010
i dont have that(cas), i called the school and they said the visa letter was sent last week but it was also be scanned to me, so i wont be able to apply now cos my money would just be deposited next week?what do you advise

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (145)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.