Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,582 members, 7,914,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 07:46 AM

Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? (19592 Views)

Aba: A City In Ruins / Historian help!Which city was the first capital of Nigeria?Calabar,zungeru,lagos / Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by DaLover(m): 12:29pm On May 05, 2013
fuckluv: UNARGUABLY LAGOS and others. :p Why stress urself this much OP

Have you been to Abuja before?
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Innocent314: 12:31pm On May 05, 2013
After jos, lagos follow
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by tayokem(m): 12:31pm On May 05, 2013
Lagos noooo niiii oooo
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by fuckluv(f): 12:32pm On May 05, 2013
alaoeri: Wetin be cosmopolitan?
Are u a learner?
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by bory09(m): 12:32pm On May 05, 2013
Any state in the south south and south west, It seems people in this area are mixed tribe but some state in the north are trying sha if not for their strict believe in muslim over there. But for the cheating stuff it depends on how smart you are in haggling and how updated you are in market price and don't forget every state has its own way of being cosmopolitan it depends on your angle of viewing.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by BankuTilapia: 12:33pm On May 05, 2013
Accra is da best and followed by Kumasi and one gud thing about these cities is dat der r no bombings and kidnappings. Muslims and Christians lives in harmony. grin cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by fuckluv(f): 12:35pm On May 05, 2013
tayokem: Lagos noooo niiii oooo
Ariwo se wa to yii eyin ara eko? wink
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by fuckluv(f): 12:38pm On May 05, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:
Accra is da best and followed by Kumasi and one gud thing about these cities is dat der r no bombings and kidnappings. Muslims and Christians lives in harmony. grin cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy
Do u understand simple English? Won maa pe e, ko tii kan e. Chill abeg undecided

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 05, 2013
i think it is lagos without a doubt. I heard someone say, population of indegines to non indegines is 10/1. I laughed when i saw that. Maybe you have not being to Lagos before. Can any body tell us what the same ratio is in lagos? Indegines to non indegines.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by COMPAQ(m): 12:44pm On May 05, 2013
Lagos obviously!! I see a number of references to port Harcourt in the thread, and don't understand why. To me ph is a big disappointment. I was looking forward to moving here in 2006,but was very disappointed and so are many colleagues that moved at the same time so it's not about just me. We were all expecting much more. Ph has no proper middle class residential layout, no recreational facilities, no roads other than the few amaechi just dualised, no mall, no cultural events etc. The only thing to do here to go to eatery, drink and chase lousy chicks. Even the whole noise about ph girls has been proven be overated and once again, not by just me, but all my friends think so too!

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 05, 2013
If you want to feel at home, just enter inside your room and lock the door.

If you play mugu, we go call you maga. Be wise...
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:45pm On May 05, 2013
Maiduguri
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 05, 2013
DaLover:

I think Abuja is home to all.

Nothing like Oni baje S.hi.t there!!!

2 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by asiacard: 12:52pm On May 05, 2013
Lagos is
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:53pm On May 05, 2013
cogitoErgo: I have been living in Jos for some time now and I just love the part of Jos I am. When I got to Jos, I discorverd that despite the fact that Jos is in a zone where hausa is a major language, you really do not need to speak this language before you flow in Jos and I have never encoutered anybody trying to cheat me in the market just because I do not speak their language. I have not been to the East but I know that in the West you could be seriously cheated in the market if its known you cannot speak yoruba!
Lagos, Ibadan, Kaduna, Kaduna, Jos, Kano, are all cosmopolitan but which one is the most cosmopolitan such that anybody from any part of the country could feel at home anytime anyday.
lokoja!
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by iamlukky(m): 12:59pm On May 05, 2013
Maiduguri Noni
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by bokohalal(m): 1:06pm On May 05, 2013
Benin city! You can live there and never once use the local language. Some streets have non Binis as Odionwere(leaders). Binis do not even want you to try being Bini. Be yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by kalufelix(m): 1:07pm On May 05, 2013
op ah 4 like comment but then am wonderin if this thread is worth it and why u are stressin ursef

damn!
Av been typin ma thoughts wen ah hav no backspace. I'l just have to click 'submit'
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Chartey(m): 1:10pm On May 05, 2013
Most of those saying Lagos have never really stayed in Abuja. Whether you like it or not, Yorubas still dominate Lagos. No single ethnic group dominates Abj.

2 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 05, 2013
Jos is cosmopolitan to its skeleton, but 'racist' to its marrow (to the hausa-fulani). No matter where u're frm, so far u're not hausa-fulani, u'll feel at home nd be filled with joy.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Symphony007: 1:20pm On May 05, 2013
COMPAQ: Lagos obviously!! I see a number of references to port Harcourt in the thread, and don't understand why. To me ph is a big disappointment. I was looking forward to moving here in 2006,but was very disappointed and so are many colleagues that moved at the same time so it's not about just me. We were all expecting much more. Ph has no proper middle class residential layout, no recreational facilities, no roads other than the few amaechi just dualised, no mall, no cultural events etc. The only thing to do here to go to eatery, drink and chase lousy chicks. Even the whole noise about ph girls has been proven be overated and once again, not by just me, but all my friends think so too!
reaccess your brain and you'll see that it's not port harcourt you visited, no residential area? But port harcourt is the home to the most company headquaters after lagos. No malls or recration? Ever heard of everyday in GRA, genesis delux, icinema,silverbird,atrium,emporiom etc. As for roads i don't need to answer you because it'll embelish your ignorance. Wow..better retrace your steps to where you visited cause it's certainity not p.h city.

3 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 05, 2013
okpara ugo: If you want to feel at home, just enter inside your room and lock the door.

If you play mugu, we go call you maga. Be wise...
Dis comment na die
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Symphony007: 1:25pm On May 05, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:
of course, when aimless, non ideological people are kept in two medival cities their is meant to calm. It's like zombies. If they're kept together, they don't consume themeselves.

2 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by fuckluv(f): 1:29pm On May 05, 2013
DaLover:

Aye! Been there once and i stayed enough to draw my assertions of the place. Not many sophisticated place in the city. The menace of boko haram is another issue of concern.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by EzePromoe: 1:29pm On May 05, 2013
The word "Lagos" is being overhyped because of its population but you forget that its mostly Yoruba you hear on the street.
For example, if you're in a bus in Lagos and you want to drop, you'll have to say, "o wa o", but in PH, you use "dropping dey".
Secondly, Lagos state is a Yoruba land but Rivers state is a hometown so many ethnic groups and subgroups e.g Ikwerre, Etche, Kalabari, Okrika, Ogoni, Igbo, Obolo etc etc.
Even if you see high Igbo influence in the city, but due to the nature of the diversity of the language, you would rather see them speaking pidgin to interact within themselves and other people than use their common language.

So its PORT HARCOURT anytime, anyday.

4 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by pekelepekele(m): 1:36pm On May 05, 2013
COSMOPOLI WETIN? HA , For sure this thread was created by one of Patrick obahiagbon student when he was still a lecturer
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by dasparrow: 1:50pm On May 05, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

It isn't mandatory to comment. Grow up or go enroll in kindergarten and keep eating your banku and Tilapia.

@Post

Abuja I would say is cosmopolitan. All ethnic groups live in Abuja.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Syenite(m): 2:12pm On May 05, 2013
seunfly: I don't think u should base ur judgment on cheating in market cos of Language barrier, i think average Hausa marketers is little more honest in trading his wares than average southerners generally due to what they term over smartness.
However city being cosmopolitan can be determined by
1) Style of living.
2) Blends of rich cultures from diffrent ethnic groups.
3) How independent peaple can express their selves without any cultural, tribal, religious and social hindrance.
4) Financial potency of such city.
5)population of such city.
If u put all this together i will like to rank it in this other:
1) Lagos
2) Abuja
3) pourtharcourt
this are the cities that u will believe to be more cosmopolitan in nature. U can speak any language and the next person u sit with in a bus will reply u back, u can walk out of ur house and find Calabar kitchen opposite ur house.
Uchena and kunle will be sharing shop and hausa, yoruba or igbo man may be ur cab driver.
may be Kano, kaduna should have been on the list but nowadays peaple have reduced the way dy express them selve due to violence.
I think enugu and owerri are calm and beautifull cities but i doudt ur cab driver can be hausa or yoruba man. Ibadan, markudi, jos, yola, calabar and akure are big cities but i doubt ur next flat mate can understand ur language.
. On pt. You may put Benin-City as 4th on dat list.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by floriana(m): 2:26pm On May 05, 2013
Baga city
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Chillypelly(m): 2:27pm On May 05, 2013
Abuja of course. Lagos is the yoruba capital of the world, ph is taken over by my igbo brothers while kano is fast turning into the violence capital of the world with hausa as the language of violence.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Cashio(m): 2:29pm On May 05, 2013
torhuke: Please what time is Man-U vs Chelsea match? And eem, is it Chapions Lig or Europa Cup? What Cup are they Playing for?
...guy u too dull

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Presidential Inauguration Prayers In Abuja (photos) / Crack In APC? Governors Shun Meeting With NWC / Aba North/South By-Election: Explosion In Aba Disrupts Voting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.