Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:40 AM

JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze (16955 Views)

Pastor Chijioke Who 'Heals' Women By Sucking Breast Opens Church In Kenya(audio) / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

And you Striklymi, have not been peddling false doctrines as well? Hmm? Have you converted one single person?

Pharisee

[size=50pt]OLODO!!![/size]
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 06, 2013
striktlymi:

Troll on bro....troll on grin grin grin
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

Troll on bro....troll on grin grin grin

tongue
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by Image123(m): 9:52pm On May 06, 2013
striktlymi:

eeeesss, don't finish NL ink with all these painting oh.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by truthislight: 10:58pm On May 06, 2013
striktlymi:

"Christian!"

smh.
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by Nobody: 2:16am On May 07, 2013
truthislight:

"Christian!"

smh.

Olodo!
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by EvilBrain1(m): 2:52am On May 07, 2013
An0nimus:
Re-read the OP. He was Agnostic and then became an Atheist and went on to say "the God I had diligently served" ...maybe he doesn't know the meaning of the terms or I didn't read it wellsmiley

Atheism and agnosticism are not mutually exclusive. Most atheists are agnostics by definition. I don't believe in the supernatural and don't buy any of the cock and bull stories that religion teaches. Nevertheless, it would be wrong of me not to at least consider the possibility that there are some things about the universe I'm not aware of. You should never assume that you know everything. A rational mind must maintain its humility.

Atheists need to be careful not to succumb to the same brain disease that is ravaging the religious folk. Blind faith, in defiance of logic.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by Nobody: 2:57am On May 07, 2013
Evil Brain:

Atheism and agnosticism are not mutually exclusive. Most atheists are agnostics by definition. I don't believe in the supernatural and don't buy any of the cock and bull stories that religion teaches. Nevertheless, it would be wrong of me not to at least consider the possibility that there are some things about the universe I'm not aware of. You should never assume that you know everything. A rational mind must maintain its humility.

Atheists need to be careful not to succumb to the same brain disease that is ravaging the religious folk. Blind faith, in defiance of logic.

+++++++++++++++++++++++
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by kambo(m): 5:03am On May 07, 2013
Evil Brain:

Well why don't you kill your own children then? So they can stop suffering in this world and go to heaven. By your logic,we should all be killing each other and thanking Boko Haram, armed robbers and drunk drivers for sending people to heaven.
You made the statement in reply to the comment i made that Job recovered all.
.. your comment doesnt change the fact.
And i presented no logic but fact.
In your atheistic mindset, you believe only in the material,leading you
to try to prove that job lost his children.
if Job's 10 children are in heaven, and God gave him 10 new children more after his crisis,then
argument settled.Job recovered all.
if you have N10 in the bank, and sb gives you N10 at home. you have N20 in all.
the morality or logicity or such of the transaction doesnt apply. i wasnt debating that.
That cud spurn an entire long thread on its own. so stick to the point sir.

Evil Brain:
Did it ever occur to you that some of those children may have wanted to live a little bit longer?
And FYI, Job had 10 children. 7 sons and 3 daughters. Girls are people too you know.

i correct myself. Job had 10 children. Job lost 10 children. Job birthed 10 more children .
job 42 vs 13: "and he also had 7 sons and 3 daughters". Thank God for his benevolence.
chance of this exact occurence. whats the probability of a man who lost 10 children(7 sons,3 daughters)
giving birth to 7 sons and 3 daughters?!.

Evil Brain:

The bolded is strong evidence that you've never read through the bible before.

I guess you're one of those Christians that cherry-pick selected verses and only read them out of context.

And you blind yourself to the contexts of the scriptures you pick to attack God with.
Did you mention Satan in your posts! "you said God was playing Games with Job's life"
"and some of those children wanted to live"
But you never mentioned who killed the children!.
satan to God: job fears you because you bless him,not out of sincerity
take away your protection and blessing and Job will curse you to your face
(Job1vs9 - paraphrased)

God: (who is all wise knows better than to argue with the devil).
Ok. deal with job as you like but dont touch his life.

Conclusion: Satan tried his best but failed!! . to his shame. and to God's glory.
And millions of people thru out the ages have drawn inspiration and STRENGTH as well as knowledge (that God is not their enemy or the one attacking them from Job's story,in
times of adversity - when satan strikes.

Job lost 10 children, (never lost them they only relocatd) but the book of Job has
saved uncountably more people.

did you read verse 10?
Satan (with his own mouth admits) :
"Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has?
You (who?satan or God) have blessed the work of his hands,so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout
all the land." -A wicked Person does this right?. Looking for points to prove God is wicked did you mention
that and verses like that!

2.) A wicked God? - in your objectivity did you see who was behind (attacking) Job?

3.) A God who protects the prosperity of his servant is wicked right? - that's how you think.
A God who makes the handiwork of his servant prosper is wicked right?
Job 1 vs 10 "You have (done what?) blessed the work of his hands (whose hands? job)
(why?) so that his flocks and herds are spread out the land"
Man, i'd rather stick with a being like this ... who makes my investment flourish!!!!.
And job didnt even know of all what God was doing to make him prosper!
He could have thought it was his fertilizer or experience or skill that was fully
responsible.
God is love.. if you want to bash God , logically , stay in context.
I know you'll rather stay mute than quote ever quote such a verse..

Evil Brain:

Dyu know that the book of Daniel is just a work of historical fiction?

YOu know better than to ask a christian this question.
We believe the bible is true from Genesis to revelation.

Evil Brain:
If thats all you have to counter the claim that religion is counter-productive, then you can't blame me for not taking you seriously.

Religion may be counter productive. I dont believe in religion. I believe in the Bible.
And I replied to your counter that Job didnt recover all.

Evil Brain:
Of course, I should have focused [/b]on the restoration of Job's wealth and ignored the
[b]fact
that your psychopathic god killed 10 innocent bystanders (and that's not counting all the servants who also got slaughtered) just so he could win a bet. What kind of moral does this (albeit fictional) story teach? And please the explain how killing and tormenting people for giggles fits the definition of "loving" and "good".

you've chosen a side in the cosmic debate.That's alright but stop all these petty biase you atheist
bring to the arguments.
You can be like other atheists and just express your hatred and blaspheme without resorting to
trying to persuade logically.
But if you are trying to make a point using the Bible, stay objective.

the bolded:
"focused" - " i said job recovered all. You say he didnt , raisng the dead children issue.
but any objective observer will notice that the last passages show he recovered
all his wealth: oxens,camels,etc. infact he got double.
what of the addition of time to his life? Job recovered much much much more.
An objective mind would surmise tht Job got recompensed after all-
but you biasedly try to prove he recovered nothing.. and was worse off , pointing to
the children he lost!!.

"psychopatic God killed..." - hmmn. blasphemy.
very objective . i see. like i said. Did you read of Satan in the picture.
The Jamb candidate who is turning atheists, didnt think for once
of an adversary.
When you call lash out. You dont lash out at Satan.
I've never seen any atheists say psychopatic satan!!.
Even though you read this:
Job2vs7: "so satan went out of the presence of God and afflicted Job with painful sores from the soles of his feet to the top of his head.."

You atheists will read this and gloss over it. Because you are hell bent on pointing your fingers in God's face.
You will say it is God that did it .
or you will try to argue drily that God did it by permitting satan...

Even a 10 year old can tell the moral of the story of the book of Job.

Evil Brain:
You must be using a very different dictionary than the rest of us.

Dictionary isnt the issue. of course i'm thinking differently than the rest of you ,atheists. God haters.

read this also:

Job 2 vs 9:
---------------
his wife said to him,Are you still holding onto your still holding onto your integrity?
Curse God and die!

Curse who? God not the devil? not satan ?
When people encounter problems, It is always God to be cursed!
It is always God to point fingers at.
It is always God to turn away from.
Satan attacks you ,yet you curse God!! - sensible.
Satan likes this.

"Are you still.." - the suffering must have spanned a long time for the wife to make this comment.
Who was motivating the wife's speech? You atheists who believe in a material world-think.
Cuz the next time A wife prods you or father or mother or sister or sibling, it may b
spiritual!? oops. you dont believe in the spiritual.

... job42 vs16.
After this job lived a hundred and forty years;he saw his children and their children to the fourth generation.
17. And so he died, old and full of years

our light afflictions (which satan aims to use to unseat us or disprove God)
work a far greater weight of glory..
Wow!! Thank God for the Job story..

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by EvilBrain1(m): 8:09am On May 07, 2013
^^^^
I'm not even going to bother arguing with you since you clearly don't want to think rationally.

You think human beings are interchangeable like 10 naira notes? You think its okay to kill people to win a bet? You that the presence of Satan absolves god of responsibility for the evil acts he visited on Job and his family?

And maybe you should look up the definition of psychopathy in that your dictionary. I think you'll find that it fits your god like a custom made condom.
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by simple12: 10:19am On May 07, 2013
kambo: hmmm interestg. Heard of a girl/woman who passed Waec @ 8th attempt. She didnt bcome atheist. Wont this guy take jamb again? God is 2 blame! How about d devil? If d devil was to blame for his dull brain, his action wud b diffrent. Poor guy. In d bible, job was offered d opportunity to become atheist! But thnk God , he knew better. And in d end , he recovered all plus mor.

Seconded
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by Nobody: 10:24am On May 07, 2013
baynix: Somebody posted this on my Facebook:

I used to be Agnostic... But today i turned to an Atheist! I took my 3rd Jamb Last saturday... And the God who i had so served diligently, gave me 156. Not that i didnt study for the exam, or something but i dont just know what happened. The little faith i used to have in the existence of God, ended this morning after i saw that result! From now henceforth, no more Church services, no more 'our father', no more 'Hail mary'. From today henceforth i'll live as a free man bonded to no fairytale called 'Religion'!

- Chijioke Eze

His Fellow Atheists.. The Ministry Is Moving!!
I smile and remain silent
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by amosadamu: 10:26am On May 07, 2013
He doesn't have to be an atheis, I finished secondary school in 1999, I passed waec and Jamb at the first attempt.. I got admitted in 2010, but today I'm better than most graduates cos in between those waiting years I pursued my passion- IT. Today I write projects for computer science graduate, and masters.. Don't lose hope just ask d Almighty to show you the best path

1 Like

Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by christokuty: 10:27am On May 07, 2013
u have not started
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by oloriooko(m): 10:28am On May 07, 2013
@ OP
am not a religious person at all but i reason. whether you remain with your hail mary or you decide to be "free", bros na you get the problem not God.

recanting your belief is at your peril (if what you believe is true) but lets see how you will pass jamb or get admission when you rely on your belief instead of studying to pass.

put the blame on your laziness and stop pointing accusing fingers, take responsibility instead of being a chicken, see bros, this show of shame goes a long way to tell what your character is. you have a lot of work to do on yourself.

you are still an omomo

1 Like

Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by AdekunleBalogun: 10:28am On May 07, 2013
striktlymi:

[size=40pt]OLODO!!![/size]

lol.......... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by dammytosh: 10:29am On May 07, 2013

I used to be Agnostic... But today i turned to an Atheist! I took my 3rd Jamb Last saturday... And the God who i had so served diligently, gave me 156. Not that i didnt study for the exam, or something but i dont just know what happened. The little faith i used to have in the existence of God, ended this morning after i saw that result! From now henceforth, no more Church services, no more 'our father', no more 'Hail mary'. From today henceforth i'll live as a free man bonded to no fairytale called 'Religion'!

- Chijioke Eze

Foolish olodo.

Religion has nothing to do with passing JAMB. You read, practice with past question know your average score and that is what you will likely score in Jamb.

Guess you have been tricked to sow JAMB seed. You pray as if there is no HARD WORK and WORK HARD as if there is no prayer.
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by 2good(m): 10:31am On May 07, 2013
amos adamu: He doesn't have to be an atheis, I finished secondary school in 1999, I passed waec and Jamb at the first attempt.. I got admitted in 2010, but today I'm better than most graduates cos in between those waiting years I pursued my passion- IT. Today I write projects for computer science graduate, and masters.. Don't lose hope just ask d Almighty to show you the best path

You brag about writing project for BSc and MSc students yet you are talking about an almighty.
Nigerians are serious hypocrites. I really don't understand how people will be committing crime and still claim to worship some god. Its really pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by Princeadebayo1(m): 10:37am On May 07, 2013

- Chijioke Eze

i like dis thread infact it happened to one of friends too because he failed dis year's Jamb
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by Nobody: 10:37am On May 07, 2013
Wish him luck, if you like commit suicide. If you don't prepare yourself for an exam how would you expect God to help you?
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by Mcleo007(m): 10:39am On May 07, 2013
Footnotes:
God or religion plays no role in human intelligence, ability and endowment. Natural and human factors (often times biological or sociological) are responsible for the ordering and structuring of human experiences based on exclusively mutable constants.

Moreso, From what he said, I can infer that he
was diligently serving God for the sake of passing
jamb & not truely rendering service to GOD. Those are variants in themselves.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:43am On May 07, 2013
If JAMB is such a pain in your neck why not VOTE TO SCRAP IT?
Visit this thread to discuss why UTME should be scrapped and save yourself from going through another emotional-roller-coaster next year!
https://www.nairaland.com/1280236/why-should-vote-yes-scrap
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by olapluto(m): 10:44am On May 07, 2013
If you give up so easily after failure, then honestly university is not for you mate. Go open a shop in Ladipo market.
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by jhydebaba(m): 10:46am On May 07, 2013
I hope JAMB is not one of the criteria of making heaven undecided undecided
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by Lilimax(f): 10:47am On May 07, 2013
Peeps don't be decieved sad sad.
This Chijioke Eze is one of the few Atheists on NL.
They just want to create traffic on this thread.
I choose not to comment on anything regarding my religion-Chritianity
so as not to grieve the Holy spirit..
I would rather read all their erroneous write ups than commenting.
Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by patroccini: 10:53am On May 07, 2013
Mr Jesus is the son of God and he died u dey turn atheist over jamb mr mind urself
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by AjanleKoko: 10:53am On May 07, 2013

- Chijioke Eze

The God he so served diligently?
No be agnostic he call himself? Agnostics merely acknowledge that God dey, but they don't pay Him much mind beyond that grin
He had better go and buy a new JAMB form and find a good study center. Kinda reminds me of my 100L carry-over, after which I famously declared 'I don't believe in any effing God sef'. Little did I know that plenty still dey front cheesy grin wink

1 Like

Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by ifeanyi14(m): 10:54am On May 07, 2013
upgrade your jamb result to 250 and 270 call 08136872711
just for N 3000 0nly u dont have time be fast
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by RespectMoneys: 11:00am On May 07, 2013
ifeanyi14: upgrade your jamb result to 250 and 270 call 08136872711
just for N 3000 0nly u dont have time be fast
Hope u didn't register that SIM with ur correct INFO cuz EFFC men are probably on their way to ur small hut

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by calcal: 11:00am On May 07, 2013
OP - now you can write and speak good English, what about keeping on with your faith and try learn Mecho, you will definitely succeed. later on in life you can register for online study and get the degree just for degree sake.
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by janvier27(m): 11:04am On May 07, 2013
This is what happens where religion is practiced just for the sake of the good that must come from God. I think mostly protestants/penticostals are more vulnerable here cos of some of their type of teachings. Though no one can explain why God allows some things to happen inspite of some other considerations, i do not think God works like a magician. Be realistic in your demands, be humble in your approach, be thankful and positive/optimistic in every situation. A moslem friend of mine about to start a race said 'i must win insha-Allah'. Another moslem there laughed and jokingly said ' it's insha-your legs'. Whichever is correct, God is still there.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack / Should You Have Sex On Valentine's Day? / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Play Hip-hop Or Rock Songs Besides Gospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.