Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,544 members, 7,885,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 06:24 AM

N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! (37319 Views)

Victor Ezenwoko Of Diamond Bank Is Dead (Lagos ED) / Angry Nigerian Man Strips Naked At Gtbank To Request Back His Stolen Money / $600,000 Stolen In Raid Of Bureau De Change At Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Geezle(m): 10:57am On May 06, 2013
Ufeolorun:
why are u guys sounding as if this is some hitech machinations,even if an account is hacked into,the hacker would still need to add payees before any movement could take place,what stops the bank from sending an instant text to the mobile phone on the account that a new payee has been added.
The incompetence of most Nigerian businesses is mind boggling and they hardly show remorse.I am sad,very sad sad angry

my argument is that its the bankers who are doing this thing...and they know how to bye-pass all the securities cos they are cheap and have loopholes.

why should they have this clause? We are compelled to honor the transaction and make funds available to the beneficiary if we do not receive any feedback from you within an hour.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Benjacky: 10:59am On May 06, 2013
Inside job. chikena. Somebody or people must be sacked and sent to jail or Diamond Bank will loose so many customers by this. This cant continue like that
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by 360command: 10:59am On May 06, 2013
@OP, Feel your pains and i sympathize with you. like someone said ,he/she reported it on facebook, so i would want you to report this matter on this site https://www.ripoffreport.com/ .

Thanks for letting us know about this things , its good you put it out on public that is why i have given you that link to report it on the web.With that link, dem no born Diamond bank to reply you on time. they must reply to defend their prestige and see how they can help you. Diamond Bank is becoming global so you need to report this guys to EFCC AND ICpC AND Police with the help of a lawyer.

I remember when i was opening an acct with diamond bank , i brought my nepa bill and they came to my house to verify if i was there . so if those money were transferred to those people, diamond bank needs to track them down.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by omowolewa: 11:04am On May 06, 2013
Sorry bros.

Data phishing or eavesdropping could have from your end or bank's system, so the bank should not leave you to it. Insider activities cannont be ruled out to (I could remember that immidiately my friend got his token password, an fraudulent email requseting for his account and token details also followed- this is pure weakness on bank's system)

After being sure that you did not reply to any mail requesting for you details and you don't know those beneficiaries. Try these steps;

First step is to tell the bank to freeze your account to prevent future tapping from it.

Write a letter to the bank to fish out the perpetrator of the fraud by tracing the accounts to which the funds were transferred to and using the KYC (know your customer) policy of the CBN to trace their physical address.

Make sure you copy the letter to CBN and other financial regulatory agencies here in Nigeria through a legal firm. And demand response from them if possible.

Make sure you continue the use of social media to press for your refund. If they are really concern about their image they will step into action as a good public relations.

Next time don't leave much fund in the account you expose to internet. When your account balance on it is more than 50,000 or an amount you feel it to much to joke with, move it to a more save account (not exposed to internet money transfer, token or card).

(My opinion)
Goodluck!
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by fittty(m): 11:04am On May 06, 2013
The money is gone! Don't waste ur time. The only favour diamond bank can do for you is trace the owner of the accounts your money was transfered to and then you take arrest them YOURSELF.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Nobody: 11:04am On May 06, 2013
dannywest:

I didnt click any link anywhere. I always receive emails and sms from Banks not to enter my information anywhere so I am alert about that.

Since you didnt click on any link, then it must have been an inside job.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Charlesnerd: 11:05am On May 06, 2013
JideTheBlogger: That's why I LOVE GTBank. ....

The bank is a very useless bank for them to have told you that nonsense.

I will share this scam on my blog. I just wish other bloggers can do same...

It can happen to anybody.

Which GTBank are you talking about?

GTBank is much worse,very poor customer service,simple ATM wrongful debit on their own ATM takes almost a month to be reversed.

All Nigerian banks are the same,the only place where you get speedy customer service are banks where you have established a solid banking relationship based on the figures in your bank account.

@OP,please get a lawyer and I hope you recover your money pretty soon.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Ebestsmscom: 11:05am On May 06, 2013
This thread won't have been mailed to them at this number of page because they will all jump in with different ids to cover up.

I wanted to mail them when the page reachs 6 pages but it has already been mailed to them at the begining so therefore we must expect their backup.

Oya let it flow @Agents.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Jayetiti(m): 11:05am On May 06, 2013
ActiveMan: @op YOU HAVE CLICK A LINK SOMEWHERE AND HACKERS HAS BEEN ABLE TO GET INTO YOUR ACCOUNT, THE BANK WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THIS, CHECK THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS YOU SIGN WHEN YOU APPLY FOR THE ONLINE BANKING...

Bank will not be liable even when he quote all the names and accounts his hard earned money was tranferred into,even if they won't be liable they still have a duty of care to apprehend the fraudsters.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by RealMccoy2(m): 11:06am On May 06, 2013
Ehinafe:

I bank with GTBank, too, they keep updating their online banking security, where they are many steps ahead of potential fraudster. In addition to the 6 digit codes generated from the activation code, another 9-digit codes will be sent via SMS to the GSM number registered with the bank, at last stage of money transfer. Anyway, I have never experience this before.
I closed my account from one of the 2nd generation bank( name witheld)due to the fraudulent act of one of the paying staff, when some 100 Naira bill was slotted inside 1000 Naira bill, and did not get to know until I got back home, with no refund after complaining.

Well, I would suggest you employ the services of your lawyer to retrieve your money back, after which you should close that account fort-with. I am sure, they cannot withstand the corporate embarrassment the outcome of the legal war will do their corporate image.
The banker that stole your money used it to pay for a one year fire brigade masters in the UK and his name is 50calibre on NL
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Dogzimalon: 11:07am On May 06, 2013
am really surprised at your case.i do online transaction with my bank first bank plc and have never had any problem.they always send me mail when i log into their system and they always send me new ways people use to scam others so am quite careful with mine am still surprised how they were able to hack into your account and secondly it will be easy for them to get the person because the persons information and passport photo will be in the account used to scam you although they might use a fake passport and pls this case is not a case of email.your wife should go there in person so that it will be ironed out
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Nobody: 11:08am On May 06, 2013
IseOluwa777:

Even if he fell for phishing, there is no way they can do any transfer transaction without access to the token device. The token device is a physical hardware that generates a new random code everytime you press it. Only the bank software and not even the staff, knows the algorithm that can decode and validate the code generated by the token.. So its either their tokens are compromised and fake..(which would be the fault of the bank and makes them liable) or someone had access to th op's token and wrecked the havoc....Either way, the enemy is within and not far away.

The bank has to proove that the token codes generated originated from the op's token or else they are liable..

Yeah, you are right. Why i said that was because if you use a Zenith online banking, you can transfer up to 50k without the hardware token. They will just send you the code to your registered email and phone number to confirm, since he said he didnt click on any link then it must be an inside job.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by sunnyolads1(m): 11:09am On May 06, 2013
Bro sorry for the stress the bank has put.Meanwhile,if you need that money,contact a lawyer right now to take the matter up with the bank by petition them to CBN and copy EFCC and ICPC. You can even claim damages against the bank for making you and your wife to be stranded. DIAMOND BANK PLC is one of notorious Fraudsters bank in Nigeria.My friend in the month of April,2013 transferred the sum of #2.3m to someone's acc in that bank and not knowing that the woman is a 419 that want to sell a car to him at a ridiculous amount.immediately we discovered on that very day we went to stop the transaction from FBN plc.We notified Diamond Bank to stop the payment and if possible arrest anybody that come to withdraw it.We succeeded in arresting the woman but before they return the money to my friend we saw hell. Until when we threaten to sue them before the money is return after several days. So better take it up on a legal way through EFCC now if you want to recover your money.some of their staff are fraudsters and they connive with others to carry out different way of defrauding innocent customers..
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by RealMccoy2(m): 11:10am On May 06, 2013
Its an inside job. Most of the bloggers defending bank jobs on here are guilty of this crime. Sorry to hear and I hope Diamond Bank management reimburse your money ASAP.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Ebestsmscom: 11:10am On May 06, 2013
Charles.nerd:

Which GTBank are you talking about?

GTBank is much worse,very poor customer service,simple ATM wrongful debit on their own ATM takes almost a month to be reversed.

All Nigerian banks are the same,the only place where you get speedy customer service are banks where you have established a solid banking relationship based on the figures in your bank account.

@OP,please get a lawyer and I hope you recover your money pretty soon.

GTBank serves me the way I wanted it. Done alot of transactions both locally and International and am pleased with the outcome. Maybe it's from your location.

GTBank is no 1.

4 Likes

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by neksummi(m): 11:12am On May 06, 2013
360command: @OP, Feel your pains and i sympathize with you. like someone said ,he/she reported it on facebook, so i would want you to report this matter on this site https://www.ripoffreport.com/ .

Thanks for letting us know about this things , its good you put it out on public that is why i have given you that link to report it on the web.With that link, dem no born Diamond bank to reply you on time. they must reply to defend their prestige and see how they can help you. Diamond Bank is becoming global so you need to report this guys to EFCC AND ICpC AND Police with the help of a lawyer.

I remember when i was opening an acct with diamond bank , i brought my nepa bill and they came to my house to verify if i was there . so if those money were transferred to those people, diamond bank needs to track them down.

Good one there.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Geezle(m): 11:14am On May 06, 2013
no bank is above this...phishing is not even what makes them compromise the accounts...

IT IS AN INSIDE JOB SIMPLE AND SHORT...GET YOUR LAWYER, EFCC, THE BANK AUTHORITIES AND THE PRESS -YESSSS IT IS IMPORTANT FOR THE PRESS TO BE INVOLVED SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WILL COME OUT AND PRESS CHARGES.

NO BANK IS ABOVE HAVING INSIDE BAD GUYS - THE REGULATIONS DONT JUST CATCH EM
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Ebestsmscom: 11:15am On May 06, 2013
360command: @OP, Feel your pains and i sympathize with you. like someone said ,he/she reported it on facebook, so i would want you to report this matter on this site https://www.ripoffreport.com/ .

Well said.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by hyelhira: 11:17am On May 06, 2013
JUO: don't you have limit on the account and why put all your money in that account?

So he should keep it under his pillow, genius?
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by buJu234: 11:17am On May 06, 2013
hmmmm... i dey fear Naija banks...

dats why i prefer to put my reserve money into either T.bills or properties.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by ajanaku2(m): 11:20am On May 06, 2013
OpaSix and his "Wire-Wire" Yahoo boys at work!

My advice to the OP is to get himself a Lawyer and sue that effing Diamond bank!...I'm definitely closing My account with them!...
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by touchmeder: 11:22am On May 06, 2013
We have a long way to go in Nigeria but we shall get there.
Op hang in there as long as you have done the right thing, not clicked on any fake link (phishing mail)and not given your token to anyone by the grace of God, you will get your money back. Be persistent, i know you are abroad but keep putting fire up their &%$£" that money will be traced and the bank will bear the loss if any.
They can investigate where that money has gone, if it is internal or external. They can tell if a token was used or not, they know every. Give them no peace and let them do their job. Hopefully this ends well for you.
A good bank should bear the brunt when such mess occurs, as long as you the customer has played right.Thats what a good bank does, they have online what is called online protection/gurantee. We shall get there someday in Nigeria, thats what they have fraud departments for.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by hardbody: 11:22am On May 06, 2013
ActiveMan: @op YOU HAVE CLICK A LINK SOMEWHERE AND HACKERS HAS BEEN ABLE TO GET INTO YOUR ACCOUNT, THE BANK WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THIS, CHECK THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS YOU SIGN WHEN YOU APPLY FOR THE ONLINE BANKING...

I tend to agree with you. All my transactions are done online and honestly because of the projects I am handling presently, I have upwards of a million in each of the accounts. I make my transfers and no one has been hacking into my account. Infact they are always sending phishing messages for me to update my details but I am aware that my bankers GTB and First Bank will never request for an update online and with my Token, I am very assured that nothing will happen.

1 Like

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by sunnyolads1(m): 11:23am On May 06, 2013
fittty:
The money is gone! Don't waste ur time. The only favour diamond bank can do for you is trace the owner of the accounts your money was transfered to and then you take arrest them YOURSELF.
How can you jump into conclusion like dat,had it been you are the victim and someone comments like dat,will you be happy?instead of suggesting a way out for the guy.Haba

1 Like

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by babslepe: 11:25am On May 06, 2013
poster sorry for the loss next time try not to expose too much details about your where abouts and all that to third parties cause i believe you must have made it known to a banker you would not be around or something for them to supply your account details for this type of activity cause alot of Nigerians take pride in divulging important information just to get noticed or something this is one of the evils of doing such so my people learn. i hope you recover your money fast but please learn from this

2 Likes

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by billgatesminds: 11:28am On May 06, 2013
surveyProf:

Sometimes too some of those crime-rs do what is called phishing i.e currently there are two different types of websites for GTB on-line banking, and it takes the grace of God for anyone to differentiate the real from the fake one, many people have fallen Vitim over the years, as a result of not knowing, I will check If it is applicable to Diamond bank too.
U are on point my compatriot!

A piece of advice for online log_in users

When u get to a sign in page on any webpage, 1st of all click on the "log in" button, this will redirect u to d right webpage and prompt u to insert ur username or say invalid username or password. Or just type "https://" followed by the right website .Eg "https://www.accounts.google.com" .
the art of preventing online phishing .
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:28am On May 06, 2013
Most bank IT staffs are notorious fraudsters. From survey conducted so far, the bank will never take responsibility for the loss. They always put the blames on the customers for being careless which in most cases is not the customers fault. This is the second case in one weeks. Diamond bank should be held responsible for this one.
In other not to fall prey, i deactivated my token and ATM cards, i will rather spend 8hours transacting in the bank than fall victim to online and card fraud. I have a separate account for my card, even if you withdraw all the money in the account, i'll hiss and move on.
Please stop using the account that has your life savings to do internet related transactions/businesses. I don't support internet banking in Nigeria.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Picomon(m): 11:29am On May 06, 2013
@op may God help you out!! Chai all diz bank self, na why I no like to do online banking and ATM banking, I prefer to go collect and deposit my money with paper mehn...

But as you dey jand, you gats do am. Really, God will help you out. E dey pain me sha!
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by kamalahmed(m): 11:32am On May 06, 2013
CBN's consumer Protection Desk is the answer. My friend, prepare and package all your papers and evidences and the records of all your complain and communication very well and write convering letter to:

the director
Consumer Protection Dept
CBN
ABUJA.

i promised you, your matter will be sort out in two week. you do not need lawyer or EFCC or ICPC. The CBN Consumer protection Dept is establish to sort that out without partial.

just package your document verywell+ the account of your correspondence wit diamond Bank since you make your reports and the way and manner is being handle. if you present your matter very well, infact, CBN will also help you to claim damages for the pains they diamond made u to pass through if you indicated that in your petition to the CBN.

Your Wife can go Abuja to Submit it, but she must go with Her I'D card, else the security will not allow her to enter CBN.

My brother, if you file your documents and other evidence very well. CBN will ask Diamond to credit your account bank within two weeks and at the same time pay 2million naira fine to CBN.

going to EFCC, ICPC, and court will take years. That is why CBN establish Consumer protection dept to handle that and resolve the matter within 2 weeks.

it is only if you did not satisfy with the outcome of CBN judgement you can go to ICPC or EFCC or Court. But all these bodies trust CBN judgment.

also give your account details and passport are interested

5 Likes

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by oladuro(m): 11:33am On May 06, 2013
quickly get a lawyer and involve EFCC they would swiftly resolve the matter but if u keep calling it will never be resolved
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Dermie: 11:36am On May 06, 2013
Alowonle2013: Bros, forget oo, am very much sorry for this. Naa this happened to me last 2011 with intercontinental bank plc, till today, i get nothing out of my money and with the noise and shout. All no bring kobo. Pls just take heart and look for help. Becos u keep spending the more.
Very true...
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Oohrhii(m): 11:40am On May 06, 2013
Bros nothing like all they are saying..

Please fight for your hard earned funds.. the token has to be present,even if you have the details.. and i do not think it can be duplicated. It must have been an inside Job. What about those accounts? They must have picture and holders details..why should they just leave it as it is without doing something about it.

Diamond bank is getting fraudulent these days.. Please take to twitter., BBM and Facebook.. in fact you can go on LinkedIn also. There are other Nigerian forum sites.. and you can email lindaikeji@gmail.com also so she help you publish it on her blog.

Sue them, write EFCC (www.efccnigeria.org), ICPC (icpc.gov.ng). Make sure you do all you can. please do not relent nor get discouraged. They are supposed to secure your account..or confirm with you those transactions as they were too close, and since you have never done something like that.

This is really pathetic. I feel for you bro.

Anyone who works hard for his funds would know its not easy to lose it. Some will tell you its not possible to retrieve ur funds..but they are only saying it because they failed..Please dont be discouraged..FIGHT FOR IT!

God help you in your quest.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Rents Yatch To Celebrate His Birthday With His Family (Pictures) / We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits / CBN New Forex Rate Policy Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.