Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,163 members, 7,907,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 02:28 AM

Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex (18489 Views)

When You Are Sexually Harassed By An Ex Who Is Married / Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by GraceBestowed(f): 1:27pm On May 06, 2013
alpha conde: But I hv been told by someone that she has become addicted to sex cus of this same experience. Can someone separate the difference or substantiate any?

It depends on the person, and how they deal with traumatic situations. Some people are resilient, some are retiring, and others overcompensate; either way, if these feelings are not properly addressed, the outcome could be detrimental.

The OP is obviously scarred, and has become retiring, whilst your friend is overcompensating - both psychological consequences of the trauma they went through.

4 Likes

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by kagel: 1:27pm On May 06, 2013
emmy nisaj: In A ¤confused State¤ Plz I Need Advice cry

When i was little,i was a victim of sexual harrasment by both my uncle and my cousin..dis made me hate men so much and i
avoided relationships for a lng time..Now i fell in love with a very special man and i want be with him forever..but weneva we about to get intimate,scary images from d past just invade my thoughts which makes so scared of doing anything with.,most tyms he understands,but I feel bad 4 havin 2 do dis to him..i love him so so much..pls i need ur advice..thanks!!!
WERE YOUR PARENT INFORMED,AS WHEN THE HARASMENT?
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by Freiburger(m): 1:29pm On May 06, 2013
FrontPageLawyer:

Where did i err? Just saying what a preacher would have told her, though m not a fan of sex before marriage
Now i'm asking you same way i will ask a preacher, What will you do, if you happened to be the husband of this young woman?
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by alphaconde(m): 1:29pm On May 06, 2013
@ gracebestowed
Nice elucidation

1 Like

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by ajanaku2(m): 1:29pm On May 06, 2013

When i was little,i was a victim of sexual harrasment by both my uncle and my cousin..dis made me hate men so much and i
avoided relationships for a lng time..Now i fell in love with a very special man and i want be with him forever..but weneva we about to get intimate,scary images from d past just invade my thoughts which makes so scared of doing anything with.,most tyms he understands,but I feel bad 4 havin 2 do dis to him..i love him so so much..pls i need ur advice..thanks!!!

...seems like a plot from a Nollywood movie! Forget the past and move on with your Life, girl!

1 Like

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by nikkyshyne(f): 1:29pm On May 06, 2013
Ishilove, where are you? quite the opposite of Chilo.
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by UjSizzle(f): 1:31pm On May 06, 2013
emmy nisaj:
Watz a 'shrink'?? :/

A psychologist/psychiatrist.
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by UjSizzle(f): 1:32pm On May 06, 2013
nikkyshyne: Ishilove, where are you? quite the opposite of Chilo.

grin
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by alphaconde(m): 1:32pm On May 06, 2013
ibitomisi: to me sex before marriage isn't good, it's a pity you fell into the victim of child molestation... But think twice.

Chance are still available for magic sim unlimited browsing activation call now for your's free of charge.08024319706

U don't believe in sex before marriage perhaps u r a modest and upright fellow but u believe in cheating entreprenuers who set up telecommunication companies by making profit on their hardwork. Ur space in hell is reserved

2 Likes

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by stargalameena: 1:34pm On May 06, 2013
awww! i feel you sis..dis is an emotional,psychology issue which u will need the help of GOD or therapist.you can also go for counciling in church...and kip trying wit ur guy,as long as he is patient.may God help you bloved in jesus name

1 Like

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by stargalameena: 1:41pm On May 06, 2013
hahahahahahahahhahaha!
alpha conde:

U don't believe in sex before marriage perhaps u r a modest and upright fellow but u believe in cheating entreprenuers who set up telecommunication companies by making profit on their hardwork. Ur space in hell is reserved
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by Ranoscky(m): 1:42pm On May 06, 2013
Plane, Car and other transport machine do kill people, but does that stop us from entering them? NO!

If u look right in the eyes of ur lover and still vision ur molesters, that means ur love for him is NOT strong enough, sorry.

1 Like

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by pendusky(m): 1:44pm On May 06, 2013

Get intimate? Are u married?
shocked
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by Emlina(f): 1:45pm On May 06, 2013
A gd tin u tld ur bf cos he sure has a role 2 play in helpin u cm out of it. D ist step is 2 4gv ur uncle nd cousin. Twil go a long way in ur healin process. Accept it as smtin u cnt change. Its an ugly xprnc nd no mata hw much u wish it neva hapnd, trut is, it did hapn. 4gv dem nd den grow 2 lv urslf. C urslf as bein worthy of able hands lovin u nd nt d cruel, feeble hands of ur uncle nd cousin cos if u blame urslf, u wnt evn kn d diff btw d molestation nd sex. Lyk i mentioned earlier, ur bf has a role 2 play. Patience is jst d word cos its gonna tk a long process. Goodluck dear. No self pity. Grow up
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by Elxandre(m): 1:51pm On May 06, 2013
U need to be sure your guy aint a chop and clean mouth sorta guy. So i think u should avoid jumping into it with him, only to discover he used you. Believe me if that happens you would be more emotionally scarred than ever.

1 Like

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by redsun(m): 2:11pm On May 06, 2013
You shouldn't let your past hold you back.That is living in bondage.

People unfortunately fall victims of different kinds,but their ability to get out of them makes them who they are.Their ability to tell the stories with heads held high,not with agonies.Life is made up of two kinds,the pursued and pursuers.And which ever side you are on,you have to play to survive.

Sex is good when you feel like it and with who you want to be with.
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by animari(f): 2:13pm On May 06, 2013
I can't believe some of the insensitive comments that you have to read- ignore it!!Take it easy- you have already progressed so much with this man in your life- take him with for councelling- you are brave and I pray that you heal. YOu will be able to help others in a similar situation one day.

1 Like

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by stargalameena: 2:28pm On May 06, 2013
redsun: .

Sex is good when you feel like it and with who you want to be with.
hmmmmm.......SMH
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by naijathings(m): 2:32pm On May 06, 2013

i have met some ladies with such event in their past.. it is not easy but you have to SAY NO to all the things in the past that's gonna steal your joy in the future. i got hit by a car as a child does not mean i will not grab the car of my dream and drive it as a grown up.. you are grown up and the highlighted part of your words shows that you are aware that you are ruining your happiness holding on to past terrors.. Breathe in, Breathe out, let it go.. there is so much life to live and if you have love in your heart to give, dont let your uncle and cousin steal your joy over and over again.
what am saying in a nutshell is.... furck your boyfriend/husband if you want to or he is going to get it from some other girl while you are still here crying. lets see how confused you will be by then..
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by JOFF: 2:33pm On May 06, 2013
My sister have you tried to forgive yourself?even your uncle/cousion as well?

For me that is where it should start from,Im telling you once you are able to do that you are completely free.I pray God will give you the grace to do that ijn.

1 Like

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by heykims(m): 2:34pm On May 06, 2013
collins123:

1 Corinthians 6:9
1 Corinthinas 7: its better to remain unmarried or remain a widow for ever..
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by stargalameena: 2:35pm On May 06, 2013
MY DEAR,IF YOU GET INTIMATE WIT D GUY,DERE SHOULD B A LEVEL OR LIMIT TO IT..SO DAT U DONT GET HURT JUST LIKE ELXANDRE SAID....HAVE SEX U FEEL IS RIGHT
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by vingi(f): 2:38pm On May 06, 2013
alpha conde: But I hv been told by someone that she has become addicted to sex cus of this same experience. Can someone separate the difference or substantiate any?
. Beliv me ur frend is hurting inside,its nt like she is addicted to sex bt she is dishing it out to guys out of anger,probably she blames herself for wat happened or angry at her family or d person dat molested her n feels worthless n gives it out freely without regard,she needs to c a shrink to gain herself n pride bac. @ OP,u need to save urself cos no one can help bt God,seek his face,n pls talk about it,it helps bt nt necessarily to a family member.I knw of a gurl whose Dad molested n d mum ask her to tel no one due to d shame it wil bring n neva sort help for her child,15yrs latr d lady sort for help herself frm a shrink,which means she didn't get ova it. Go to a shrink cos they r trained to handle such.
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by dulphines: 2:44pm On May 06, 2013
@OP, let me get something clear before i advise you properly. Did your uncle and cousin penetrate or attempted penetration?
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by Dbboy(m): 2:49pm On May 06, 2013
Go get some happy therapy. angry
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by redsun(m): 2:57pm On May 06, 2013
stargal_ameena: hmmmmm.......SMH

I mean,sex is life and life is sex.Everything emerges from right copulations.
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by VANENON(f): 2:57pm On May 06, 2013
So sorry about your experience but you need to put it behind you and get on with your life.
I tell you the truth at least 50% of ladies were molested sexually during childhood what differs is the extent of the molestation and the person or persons involved.

Be determined in your heart that you will get past this stage, pray about it and if you feel you need counselling, you can seek counsel but most of all your partner has to be very patient and gentle with you until you get over it.
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by ajufinz(m): 3:53pm On May 06, 2013
I can only imagine ur trauma...
Ekpele!
Therapy is good if u find one,
Support network is beta if u can form/find one... Persons who survived similar ish*
A healthy Pre-marital sex may also serve but if U die in it, the trauma WILL continue forlife.

God loves U,
Jesus will Heal U...
Find Him today.
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by naijathings(m): 4:00pm On May 06, 2013
VANENON: So sorry about your experience but you need to put it behind you and get on with your life.
I tell you the truth at least 50% of ladies were molested sexually during childhood what differs is the extent of the molestation and the person or persons involved.

Be determined in your heart that you will get past this stage, pray about it and if you feel need counselling, you can seek counsel but most of all your partner has to be very patient and gently with you until you get over it.

ahh is it that bad? 50 % in Nigeria or around the world? so that means if i have 6 sisters then at least 3 of them have been hacked while they were still children?? Lord.. Scarry. abeg oh make una mind the kind of people that you allow to come around your daughters.. lots of insane and unstable and crazy people walking around in human skin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe / Reasons Not To Trust All Photos You See On The Internet(Amazing Photograhy) / I Need A Man With Big Gbola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.