Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,118 members, 7,907,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:25 PM

Eto'o, Obi Visits Injured Emenike (NFF Missing) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eto'o, Obi Visits Injured Emenike (NFF Missing) (852 Views)

Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard / Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release / Mikel Obi Visits President Jonathan To Say Thank You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eto'o, Obi Visits Injured Emenike (NFF Missing) by joseph1013: 12:38pm On May 07, 2013
Injured Super Eagles forward, Emmanuel Emenike is back in Moscow to begin his rehabiliation after undergoing a successful meniscus surgery in Italy.

The Nigeria international, according to his club's official website, returned to the Russian capital city yesterday and has begun his post-surgery rehabilitation programme under the close supervision of the medical staff of the club. Part of Emenike's rehabilitation programme includes a variety of physical therapy.

He will be sidelined for several weeks just after he has recovered from a long-term hamstring injury and has been ruled out of Nigeria's 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers in Kenya and Namibia early next month as well as the FIFA Confederations Cup in Brazil, also next month.

Meanwhile the 2013 AFCON top scorer says he has been lifted by the visits of Africa superstar Samuel Eto’o and compatriot Joel Obi.

“Eto’o is my very good friend, we relate well on and off the pitch and he is one of the stars I look up to while aiming to be at the top of the world. He came to visit me in my house in Russia, when I got injured against his team Anzhi,” Emenike revealed to mtnfootball.com

“He spent a lot of time with me, telling me how I can get over the injury with the good games I have played in the past. I call him ‘Baba Eto’o’ because he is a player I respect a lot. He wished me quick recovery. This really lifted my soul."

Emenike also informed MTNFootball.com that fellow Eagles star Joel Obi, who is also sidelined by injury, was on hand to receive him in Italy, where he went for the surgery, and was with him at the hospital as well as his hotel.

"Joel (Obi) is a brother, he was on hand to receive me when I arrived in Italy. For my surgery, he was with me at the hospital and came to my hotel with his friend Benny to show me some love and wish me quick recovery,” he reported.

“It means a lot to me when you see people caring about you and your career. I am so happy because such things will also motivate you to do more for your country and also shows how people love you and what you are doing.

“I really missed Joel at the Nations Cup because of his injury, but I believe he will be back the in the national team soon because he’s a strong and technically gifted player. You can count on his strength anytime.”

Source: www.m.completesportsnigeria.com/details.php?news_id=12031
Re: Eto'o, Obi Visits Injured Emenike (NFF Missing) by ayusco: 7:21pm On May 07, 2013
Well to be fair nff can't be everywhere at once plus the players who visited emenike are based in those countries he was in. That said it doesn't mean nff/keshi shouldn't check on him

(1) (Reply)

Blessing Okagbare Beats Jeter In Shanghai (Video included) / Arsenal Signs Debuchy...sanchez And Bender Joining To Form A Winning Team / CARTOON: Ikechukwu Uche & Keshi's Retention As Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.