Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,480 members, 7,888,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 09:19 AM

Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. (10388 Views)

Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel / Netherlands Shuts Down Prisons Due To Lack Of Criminals / Dutch Closes Prisons For Lack Of Criminals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by henryvirus(m): 11:03pm On May 07, 2013
The United Kingdom has denied entry to a Kazakh artist who does not have hands because he cannot provide fingerprints, he says.

Anti-nuclear activist Karipbek Kuyukov was due to travel to Great Britain last month to attend a conference and show his paintings, he told Tengrinews.

“I was denied a visa on the grounds that my fingerprints were of unsatisfactory quality. I was asked for additional fingerprints, although I physically could not give them any fingerprints. My sister who was supposed to accompany me received a visa because they took her fingerprints. Why do they need fingerprints anyway?” Kuyukov told Tengrinews. Photos he provided the embassy clearly showed he is disabled, he added, noting that he did not have any problems when he successfully applied for an American visa last year.

The British Consulate in Almaty did not respond to requests for comment on May 6 within the time frame promised. Repeated calls to the British Embassy in Astana went unanswered.

Kuyukov, 44, was born near the Soviet Union’s largest nuclear test site, at Semipalatinsk in what is now northeastern Kazakhstan, and attributes his disability -- he was born without hands -- to the radioactive fallout from the tests.

Kuyukov has been involved in anti-nuclear campaigning for over twenty years, displaying his paintings – which he makes by holding a brush in his mouth and between his toes – around the world. Today, Kuyukov is an honorary ambassador for the Atom Project, an anti-nuclear awareness initiative founded by President Nursultan Nazarbayev. Nazarbayev closed Semipalatinsk at Kazakhstan’s independence in 1991.

UPDATE: An embassy official called EurasiaNet.org on Monday evening to apologize for being unavailable, citing technical issues with the embassy's phone network. She said she could not yet comment on Mr. Kuyukov's visa.

http://www.eurasianet.org/node/66926

oyinbo sef wicked. How can a handless man be expected to put down his fingerprints.

Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by henryvirus(m): 11:14pm On May 07, 2013
mods abeg front page
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by gluv01(f): 12:46am On May 08, 2013
What a strong spirit! So even with that situation, he had hopes of leaving his country? I love determination and a soul that cannot be put off by failure.

Aal izz well with you. FP please

1 Like

Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by Nobody: 12:49am On May 08, 2013
Absolutely cruel.
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by uchechuwku: 6:18pm On May 08, 2013
very funny!!!!!!!!
My sister who was supposed to accompany me received a visa because they took her fingerprints. Why do they need fingerprints anyway?” Kuyukov told Tengrinews. Photos he provided the embassy clearly showed he is disabled

so who will her sister accompany?
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by valdubem(m): 6:18pm On May 08, 2013
They should have used tongue-print
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 08, 2013
Wht of hz footprints?

1 Like

Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by wheesin(m): 6:20pm On May 08, 2013
thats wicked just because he gat no hands doesnt mean he gat no rights..BUT WAIT! What of LEGPRINTS
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 08, 2013
Lmaooooo grin not funny but.....

UK will deny you for any reason they can find.
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 08, 2013
Bossforeva: Wht of hz footprints?

grin
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 08, 2013
How about an eye scan ? This is not only absurd but derogatory to the physically challenged man. . . .His sister's identity alone is enough to cover him.he should challenge this rubbish in a court of law.
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by Deiok(m): 6:24pm On May 08, 2013
eyaah. I pity him. But they should have find other means to capture is data.
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by bebe2(f): 6:24pm On May 08, 2013
dat is the problem wit this pple, common sense no common.

some of these staff no get a mind of their own, they are like robots.

shame on them
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:25pm On May 08, 2013
Just yesterday, I was doing a thumb print & this crazy thought came into my mind: People without fingers can't thumbprint. Thank God you have fingers.
I feel for the man

1 Like

Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by Freiburger(m): 6:26pm On May 08, 2013
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by jasinto123(m): 6:26pm On May 08, 2013
grin
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 08, 2013
^^^^ what's funny?
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by rozey247(m): 6:33pm On May 08, 2013
'em no get leg ni undecided mek dem use 'em toe nah.. wetting dey do diz pple sef shocked
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by RiKKies001: 6:34pm On May 08, 2013
Somebody didn't do his job well at the High Commission.

[url=our-naija-men..com/] Click Here [/url]
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by dridowu: 6:36pm On May 08, 2013
Total speechless
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by kalufelix(m): 7:00pm On May 08, 2013
some have fingers but can not thumb print
some can thumb print but have no fingers
we have fingers and we can thumb print
glory be to God amen!

5 Likes

Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by Ardedaryor(m): 7:16pm On May 08, 2013
no be small tin sha
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by akorlade(m): 7:36pm On May 08, 2013
Did human rights watch see this discrimation? Abi their satelite don fall from sky?
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by henryvirus(m): 7:56pm On May 08, 2013
akorlade: Did human rights watch see this discrimation? Abi their satelite don fall from sky?
i wonda o my brother
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 08, 2013
oh that's just grimey.
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by OgidiOlu3(m): 9:07pm On May 08, 2013
kalufelix: some have fingers but can not thumb print
some can thumb print but have no fingers
we have fingers and we can thumb print
glory be to God amen!

What's this BS?!! How will someone with no fingers thumb-print?

@op, I think they should have done an eye scan.
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by ManOfThePeople(m): 9:19pm On May 08, 2013
Some civil servants can be very clueless and power-drunk.

Instead of referring the case to higher authorities they just denied him. So his sister should now accompany "air" to the UK?

And this the West preaching holier-than-thou human rights to other people. Even Mugabe's Zimbabwe that they criticise so much would not do this.

Shameful!
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by Solozzo(m): 9:30pm On May 08, 2013
They ought to have waived this requirement on the basis of disability and used fotos, eye scans etc. I wonder if the consular officer whom processed his visa application sought advice from a senior colleague before rejecting the request. Maybe Britain don't like his stand against nuclear tests?
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by Scarpon(m): 9:39pm On May 08, 2013
some times the state should try and consider somethings
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by Harmvirus(f): 9:44pm On May 08, 2013
what of toe print.abi that one no follow...so unfair
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by juniemedia(m): 9:51pm On May 08, 2013
[Nigerian Army announces ‘hi-tech device’ to tackle Boko Haram

source: www.cybernewsupdate.com
Re: Handless Man Denied UK Visa For Lack Of Fingerprints. by Godson201333(m): 10:09pm On May 08, 2013
wheesin: thats wicked just because he gat no hands doesnt mean he gat no rights..BUT WAIT! What of LEGPRINTS

Your fada............LOL

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sudan's Warring Factions Extend Ceasefire For A Further 72 Hours / More Than 2,000 Pro-Palestinian Protesters Arrested Across US Campuses / The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.