Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,568 members, 7,888,833 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 04:14 PM

LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. (16095 Views)

Pastor Treks From Benin City To Abuja For Buhari [PHOTOS] / Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City / Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by mascot87(m): 3:40pm On May 08, 2013
*shaking head for thread compilers* undecided
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 08, 2013
It used to be rated the worst.

This news shows some improvement. Congrats.

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 08, 2013
Aba Nko ?
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Abbey2sam(m): 3:42pm On May 08, 2013
Oboy see rules nah,
Haba!! The rules too mush,
This is too much to take in one day

That list is rubbish,
The white always say what they want
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by phreakabit(m): 3:42pm On May 08, 2013
[size=18pt]Eko oni oti baje o![/size]
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 08, 2013
EKO O NI BAJE
EKO HAVE BAJE TAN grin grin grin grin grin
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by jacob05(m): 3:47pm On May 08, 2013
[size=50pt]OLD NEWS[/size]
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by sagaciousblog: 3:48pm On May 08, 2013
Pls does anyone knw hw i can stop those seun's rules from displaying before i reply a topic?
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by alienware(m): 3:50pm On May 08, 2013
Lagos, a mega city of slum famous for it's squalid congestion and filth
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by creativemusic: 3:51pm On May 08, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by courage89(m): 3:52pm On May 08, 2013
I dont know why we continue to hold majority of these reports in high regards. They are part of the political and economic instruments of the west. They use these reports to brand countries, states, cities of their choice positively or negatively to achieve their projected objectives. They use these reports to create value for their own economy, other economies that shared their ideologies and those that they have huge stakes in. We should not be that gullible to accept these reports at face value.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Fishout(m): 3:53pm On May 08, 2013
[quote
author=Yomieluv]Lagos is over-hyped state,unfit for humans,fashola is
only giving it a superficial liftment..that doesnt rule that its still a
dungeon to live.[/quote] Bt lt is better than many state In Nigeria
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by searay(m): 3:55pm On May 08, 2013
Hurray!!! Borno is safer than Lagos. I'm relocating....*****hey! Keke wait****
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 08, 2013
Now u see why am Living in Aba cheesy
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 08, 2013
karl max: The world's 10 worst cities to live in, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit global “liveability” study, which looks at how “tolerable” it is to live in a particular place given its crime levels, threat of conflict, quality of medical care, levels of censorship, temperature, schools and transport links.

1. Dhaka, Bangladesh is the worst city in the world to live in, according to the report, with an overall rating of 38.7 out of 100
2. Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea (38.9)
3. Lagos, Nigeria (39.0)
4. Harare, Zimbabwe (39.4)
5. Algiers, Algeria (40.9)
6. Karachi, Pakistan (40.9)
7. Tripoli, Libya (42.cool
8. Douala, Cameroon (43.3)
9. Tehran, Iran (45.cool
10. Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, which scores an overall rating of 45.9 out of 100

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/propertypicturegalleries/9478023/The-worlds-10-worst-cities-to-live-in.html#?frame=2311093

I didn't see capital of Mexico- "Mexico City", Bogota, capital of Columbia where drug barons kill people daily like fowl, and I didn't see Damascus, capital of Syria where people use stones to fight face-to-face with armored tanks...so why Lagos, the most peaceful city where money, cultural diversity, hardwork and creativity are found on every street
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by donLEXY(m): 4:04pm On May 08, 2013
Popup Blocker: [size=18pt]Lagos is a State..........[/size]

With that said, why aren't any Mexican cities listed?

Not all countries uses states, some make do with province while some uses cities...
And to assume Lagos is Number 3 in the world must be a joke, where is Borno and Maiduguri....
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by hikmoj(m): 4:04pm On May 08, 2013
sheyie2007: This ish is old, besides, no Mexican city is listed..bogus stats
dont mind dem,make oga rater name him country where e come 4rm.make we rate am
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by PeterKbaba: 4:07pm On May 08, 2013
IF YOU OPEN THE WEBSITE LINK AND READ THE FIRST COMMENT THERE! YOU WILL SEE THIS WAS EARLY LAST YEAR!!!
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by ochukoccna: 4:09pm On May 08, 2013
slimming: So, lagos is worst than Karachi where bombing is a daily meal. na wash
Ha ha ha
No mind this yeye people grin
Phucking imperialists speaking from their magazine mouthpiece
Tripoli where armed gangs roam daily undecided
Harare where Mugabe's hyper-inflation don sap their vitality cheesy
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Dee60: 4:12pm On May 08, 2013
It is possibly because we dont ever have light and for the fact that there are up to one million gen sets making noise and emitting poisonous gas to the air every second! There are also the notorious LASTMA and VIO who stop and harrass on the roads.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 08, 2013
sheyie2007: This ish is old, besides, no Mexican city is listed..bogus stats

That, to me, shows absolute bias. I mean some Mexican cities have been virtually turned into war zones, due to the drug war going on in that country.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 08, 2013
And that's the only city in Nigeria..

The rest are just glorified towns and villages, hence why they didn't even make the list.. undecided
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 08, 2013
Belive it or not laqos is a very hard state in nigeria.......if u dnt belive me then go to the north and stay e.g jos/kano d cost of living is very low. Cum tu laqos accident evry where police bribing market women wana make d whole gain in the world tout's snatching peopls bag...child abuse is very high evry where is rowdy menh.. u can find all sort of evill in laqos except bombing buh I still love laqos eko oni baje ooo buh I dnt tink its d 3rd @least 5th or 6th grin
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Atigba: 4:27pm On May 08, 2013
they re absolutely right ..........i hate lagos die..........every body is a suspect...a father suspecting a son..brother suspecting brother.and again the lagos is the highest crime rate city i have been to...everything is for sale even human pales.I HATE LAGOS..
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by moneyhungry(m): 4:30pm On May 08, 2013
El Guapo: Now u see why am Living in Aba cheesy
niqqa u living in hell. ^
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 08, 2013
money-hungry :

niqqa u living in hell. ^

You cant be Sure, there's no Fallen angel here cheesy
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 08, 2013
Nonesense Post
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by hectorswag(m): 4:41pm On May 08, 2013
Billyonaire: This same Lagos that I live in ? Dont know about foreigners who compile this report, but I feel safe and okay here in Las Gidi of Nigeria.
i presume you are located on the Island before making such conclusions? angry
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 08, 2013
karl max: The world's 10 worst cities to live in, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit global “liveability” study, which looks at how “tolerable” it is to live in a particular place given its crime levels, threat of conflict, quality of medical care, levels of censorship, temperature, schools and transport links.

1. Dhaka, Bangladesh is the worst city in the world to live in, according to the report, with an overall rating of 38.7 out of 100
3. Lagos, Nigeria (39.0)
9. Tehran, Iran (45.cool

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/propertypicturegalleries/9478023/The-worlds-10-worst-cities-to-live-in.html#?frame=2311093
And some will come here shouting Fasola is working. Mtchwwwwwwww
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by bayfam(m): 4:45pm On May 08, 2013
Funny thrash..so somalia and mali plus some other unsafe cities are better than lagos....total rubbish ,their motive is to paint lagos bad in the eyes of intending tourist visitors...false news.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 08, 2013
Can someone Pls tell OP to add mogadishu.. Thanks
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by tomakint: 4:54pm On May 08, 2013

3. Lagos, Nigeria (39.0)
9. Tehran, Iran (45.cool

Well, I bunked in Ogba, and in my over 20 something years in that place there has been structural improvements but definitely the environmental challenges have been very poor, I used to stay very close to a naturally prepared 'closed circuit forest' where I can watch all those animals (monkeys, squirrels, snakes, birds of different species, and other mammals giving me a special treat whenever I can afford to watch them but now their habitats have been destroyed and all I see there now are 'concrete nests' we call houses, with no detailed plan from the authorities. Yes, I will go with this report on their assessment of Lagos, however the influx of migrants from the rural settings is too much for Lagos to bear, if not checked, the crime rate, uncleanness, insecurities and other challenges can only get higher which could be disastrous on the long run!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nobody Stopped Me From Travelling Abroad - Gov Bello / Special Report: How NASS Forced Buhari To Divert N121 Billion Meant For The Poor / I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.