Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,569 members, 7,888,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 04:22 PM

LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. (16096 Views)

Pastor Treks From Benin City To Abuja For Buhari [PHOTOS] / Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City / Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Solozzo(m): 10:37pm On May 08, 2013
ehispapa:

they didnt say you being safe, its a general statement and if you have never been out .you will never understand the mess nigerians have turned there country into...of a truth i have travelled so many cities in the world and yet to find any as disorganised,dirty, with no simple basic amenities,smelly and ransacked like any of naija cities...lagos is actually my worst city in naija. planning to see Bangladesh cos i have a friend here from there and its kinda close

To be fair there are some parts of Lagos that look like any developed country eg VI, LEKKI, Ikeja, Ikoyi and so on but you have poor electricity no pipe borne water unless provided by individuals for themselves. The big lesson in naija is how u can individually provide public utility services for yourself eg borehole, generator/solar. But can you make roads, mass transits, parks and medical emergency service for yourself?
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by tomber(m): 10:51pm On May 08, 2013
Westerners will do everyth to discredit nija and do all their best to distabilise it. But sure that will not stop use frm developn
Soon u'l see then coming to beg for bilateral agreemnt with us.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Freewilly(f): 11:07pm On May 08, 2013
Who ever rated Lagos as the 3rd worst city to live in must be out of their mind. Lagos should be on top of the list

of worst places to live in. I've passed through that hell hole a few times and everything I regret it. The roads are

horrible, the people are so rude,obnoxious, and dirty. There are baggers allover the place. And you would think a city

that size would have electricity.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by vandarsar(m): 11:09pm On May 08, 2013
Mexican cities are only known to be violent nothing more...... The economist seldom gets stuffs like this wrong.

sheyie2007: This ish is old, besides, no Mexican city is listed..bogus stats
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by RickyRoss1(m): 11:12pm On May 08, 2013
ghananotnaija: I am a Ghanaian originally from Cape Coast, but temporarily living in Lagos for business.

I categorically deny this ranking! Lagos cannot be just number 3, it has to be the worst. I can't imagine how another city could possibly be less liveable than this Lagos. I pray to God that I can return to Accra soon.

I wonder why it is taking you too long to get out. My wife is from cape Coast like you and I used to have businesses in Accra, Kumasi and Tema, when I couldn't take the stupidity of Ghanaians I moved some of my investments out of Ghana, the few ones i left there now is for my wife and her family. If a country is not good for you move over.

Talking about worst cities Accra has been rated 2nd worst city to live in many times already by the same western media. And until the second coming of Christ I don't think any Ghanaian city will ever come close to what we currently have in VI, LEKKI, Ikeja, Ikoyi etc. And we didn't stop there. The Eko Atlantic City project is world class and can compete with other such projects around the world. Accra is a SLUM with no world class facility. The types of roads we have in Uyo cannot be found anywhere in Ghana, fact. The best parts of Accra is Osu and East Legon and these are behind Ikeja in beauty, development etc, FACT.

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by GeneralJ(m): 11:21pm On May 08, 2013
this has been since 2012 this is so old
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by otumfour(m): 11:26pm On May 08, 2013
shymexx: And that's the only city in Nigeria..

The rest are just glorified towns and villages, hence why they didn't even make the list.. undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

cheesy
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 08, 2013
Sorry oooo. But how many times will this worthless, nonsensical, crappy, ridiculous news of propaganda make frontpage? Mtcheew
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 08, 2013
Good one Lagos! Thumb up! If we can not make the list of best at least we can make the list of the worse. So, leave us alone those who are carrying out the rating.

It is questioning when war torn country cities fare better than Lagos on the list.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Abrantie: 11:59pm On May 08, 2013
karl max: The world's 10 worst cities to live in, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit global “liveability” study, which looks at how “tolerable” it is to live in a particular place given its crime levels, threat of conflict, quality of medical care, levels of censorship, temperature, schools and transport links.

1. Dhaka, Bangladesh is the worst city in the world to live in, according to the report, with an overall rating of 38.7 out of 100
2. Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea (38.9)
3. Lagos, Nigeria (39.0)
4. Harare, Zimbabwe (39.4)
5. Algiers, Algeria (40.9)
6. Karachi, Pakistan (40.9)
7. Tripoli, Libya (42.cool
8. Douala, Cameroon (43.3)
9. Tehran, Iran (45.cool
10. Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, which scores an overall rating of 45.9 out of 100

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/propertypicturegalleries/9478023/The-worlds-10-worst-cities-to-live-in.html#?frame=2311093

As expected, beautiful and organized Accra (or any city in Ghana) will never make that shameful list.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 12:02am On May 09, 2013
Abuja and Aba are the best cities to live in the Northern hemisphere.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Freewilly(f): 12:10am On May 09, 2013
CFCfan: Abuja and Aba are the best cities to live in the Northern hemisphere.

I hope you get banned.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 12:10am On May 09, 2013
Freewilly:

I hope you get banned.
That was sarcasm
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 12:14am On May 09, 2013
I was thinking Maiduguri will be far worse than Lagos by now as there is terrorist insurgency every now and then.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by truthcom: 12:15am On May 09, 2013
karl max: The world's 10 worst cities to live in, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit global “liveability” study, which looks at how “tolerable” it is to live in a particular place given its crime levels, threat of conflict, quality of medical care, levels of censorship, temperature, schools and transport links.

1. Dhaka, Bangladesh is the worst city in the world to live in, according to the report, with an overall rating of 38.7 out of 100
3. Lagos, Nigeria (39.0)
9. Tehran, Iran (45.cool
10. Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, which scores an overall rating of 45.9 out of 100

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/propertypicturegalleries/9478023/The-worlds-10-worst-cities-to-live-in.html#?frame=2311093

AMERICAN listing Lol... Tehran is there or den craze
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by RickyRoss1(m): 12:45am On May 09, 2013
Abrantie:

As expected, beautiful and organized Accra (or any city in Ghana) will never make that shameful list.

Dont laugh yet, Accra was rated SECOND WORST CITY not long ago: http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=174482&comment=0#com

There is no city in Ghana to start with. Accra is a slum with no world class facility.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by 9japatroit(m): 12:57am On May 09, 2013
Is it the las-gidi that i know or another one,they must be out of their minds.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 1:59am On May 09, 2013
Douala will never stop bringing shame on us
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 2:00am On May 09, 2013
cool, na but I beg to disagree, Douala ain't that bad to b 8th ..jeez
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 2:02am On May 09, 2013
vandarsar: Mexican cities are only known to be violent nothing more...... The economist seldom gets stuffs like this wrong.

Mexico is probably the dirtiest city in the world.
Slums and gettho everywhere
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 2:04am On May 09, 2013
360command:

3. Lagos, Nigeria (39.0)
9. Tehran, Iran (45.cool
10. Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire,

bro, if you look at the city's above, they are all capital city and i can tell you its more safer living in the capital city of mexico compare to Bogota or Guatamela city.
Douala and Lagos are not capital
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 2:16am On May 09, 2013
The floating school in Makoko and other squalors must have contributed to the poor rating for Lagos.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by anonimi: 5:52am On May 09, 2013
all4naija: The floating school in Makoko and other squalors must have contributed to the poor rating for Lagos.

Exactly.
Most people fail to ask themselves what % of Lagos METROPOLIS does Ikoyi, VI, Lekki make up- 5, 10, 20%
They forget Mafoluku, Oshodi, Akowonjo, Ketu, Isolo, Ejigbo, Alaba, Shomolu, Ajegunle, Ijora etc where roads, primary & secondary schools, primary health care centres are quasi non existent and/or are in a terrible state.

Even the "posh" areas you have to do BYOI- Bring Your Own Infrastructure of pipeborne water, electricity, security and pay excessive rent for the value/quality of life you get in return.

It is shameful that after 14 years of the "progressive opposition" being in POWER they are yet to fix the very BASIC services in the mega city of Lagos:

1,2,3,4 years of Tinubu
5,6,7,8 years of Tinubu
9,10,11,12 years of Fashola
13, 14 years of Fashola

But they sure know how to shout PDP failure at the federal level even while taking mega loans and humonguous IGR taxes from the people.

3 Likes

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Egbagirl(f): 7:29am On May 09, 2013
ghananotnaija: I am a Ghanaian originally from Cape Coast, but temporarily living in Lagos for business.

I categorically deny this ranking! Lagos cannot be just number 3, it has to be the worst. I can't imagine how another city could possibly be less liveable than this Lagos. I pray to God that I can return to Accra soon.

shocked shocked undecided and there I was thinking GH guys were the ish... sad Can't entertain any insults to my country. angry
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Tolexander: 8:02am On May 09, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
Stop that,population of Lagos is biger than that of china or what?
the 70% of the lagos population know themselves!
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by ikweremilitant: 8:24am On May 09, 2013
Neo-XVI:

Why are you attacking the op? Is he the one that came up with the rankings?

As per the rankings, I don't see what temperature is doing there as a criteria. It's not like any city can do anything about it's weather conditions.

This should be taken with a grain of salt, but it should indicate to us that we still have a long way to go and should not rest on our oars. All praise singers need to calm down grin grin grin cheesy tongue
so becos lagos md not kano or akwa ibom or enugu,d report was made in oluwole abi
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by chriskwaku: 9:43am On May 09, 2013
[quote author=Egba girl]

shocked shocked undecided and there I was thinking GH guys were the ish... sad Can't entertain any insults to my country. angry[/quote
Apologies on his behalf.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by ghboy: 10:09am On May 09, 2013
[quote author=Ricky_Ross]

I wonder why it is taking you too long to get out. My wife is from cape Coast like you and I used to have businesses in Accra, Kumasi and Tema, when I couldn't take the stupidity of Ghanaians I moved some of my investments out of Ghana, the few ones i left there now is for my wife and her family. If a country is not good for you move over.

Talking about worst cities Accra has been rated 2nd worst city to live in many times already by the same western media. And until the second coming of Christ I don't think any Ghanaian city will ever come close to what we currently have in VI, LEKKI, Ikeja, Ikoyi etc. And we didn't stop there. The Eko Atlantic City project is world class and can compete with other such projects around the world. Accra is a SLUM with no world class facility. The types of roads we have in Uyo cannot be found anywhere in Ghana, fact. The best parts of Accra is Osu and East Legon and these are behind Ikeja in beauty, development etc, FACT
--------------------
you joking right? when was the last time u were in Accra? Bad roads? thats funny. how is accra worse? health, education are reachable and accessible, majority are above the poverty line, cost of living is low compared to other African cities. sanitation is improving, security is high, traffic is better than most cities etc. i dont know of Lagos cos i've not been there before but Accra is far from worse
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Rossikk(m): 10:12am On May 09, 2013
speedyboi: Sorry oooo. But how many times will this worthless, nonsensical, crappy, ridiculous news of propaganda make frontpage? Mtcheew
As long as we have worthless, crappy, anti-Nigerian moderators with rocks for brains.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by otumfour(m): 11:40am On May 09, 2013
you joking right? when was the last time u were in Accra? Bad roads? thats funny. how is accra worse? health, education are reachable and accessible, majority are above the poverty line, cost of living is low compared to other African cities. sanitation is improving, security is high, traffic is better than most cities etc. i dont know of Lagos cos i've not been there before but Accra is far from worse

u dey mind that joker......he's so obsessed wit GH.

he's juz hurt Ghana keeps towering them on the positive side of things lmao grin grin grin grin
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 09, 2013
I think a lot of are missing the point. The article is worst place to live in not the least safest place to live in( I saw an article this year on the least safest country to live in and Nigeria wasn't listed)

Back to topic: I hbelieve Lagos is among the worst cities to live in based on:

1)Road network: if ever you have been to ilorin Kwara state and seen the road network you will be disappointed with Ikeja's road network in Lagos.

2)Angry people- lagos is filled with a lot of those.

3) Crazy Drivers- looking for who to kill or scratch vehicles.

4)Lack of power supply - most cities in earth have more constant power supply than lagos

5)Polluted/bad water(no good water supply even borehole water comes out polluted)

6) Polluted Air- the air in Lagos is terrible, fresh clean air is a scarce commodity in Lagos.

7) Green house effect in lagos is sky rocket high compared to cities like New York, Accra etc.

coolNoise Pollution- from people, generator sets, loud music etc.

9)Harrassment from too many officials- fromagberos, obas, Kai, customs, police, soilders, navy etc

10) The behaviour of an average Lagosian is appalling: grown ass men bathing in public, pooing in public, fighting naked in public, being overly aggressive and demeaning over little issues etc.

11) Houses are not built with solid materials or on solid structure: incidences of collapsed houses are rampant in Lagos.

12)Lack of respect for rule of law- disposing dirt on the streets, dis obeying transport rules etc
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 09, 2013
I think a lot of are missing the point. The article is worst place to live in not the least safest place to live in( I saw an article this year on the least safest country to live in and Nigeria wasn't listed)

Back to topic: I hbelieve Lagos is among the worst cities to live in based on:

1)Road network: if ever you have been to ilorin Kwara state and seen the road network you will be disappointed with Ikeja's road network in Lagos.

2)Angry people- lagos is filled with a lot of those.

3) Crazy Drivers- looking for who to kill or scratch vehicles.

4)Lack of power supply - most cities in earth have more constant power supply than lagos

5)Polluted/bad water(no good water supply even borehole water comes out polluted)

6) Polluted Air- the air in Lagos is terrible, fresh clean air is a scarce commodity in Lagos.

7) Green house effect in lagos is sky rocket high compared to cities like New York, Accra etc.

coolNoise Pollution- from people, generator sets, loud music etc.

9)Harrassment from too many officials- fromagberos, obas, Kai, customs, police, soilders, navy etc

10) The behaviour of an average Lagosian is appalling: grown ass men bathing in public, pooing in public, fighting naked in public, being overly aggressive and demeaning over little issues etc.

11) Houses are not built with solid materials or on solid structure: incidences of collapsed houses are rampant in Lagos.

12)Lack of respect for rule of law- disposing dirt on the streets, dis obeying transport rules etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics / Fayose On His Knees As Michael Akinwale, Methodist Bishop Prays For Him / 987 Properties Recovered From Okorocha Returned To Owners, Imo Govt Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.