Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,650 members, 7,951,725 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:05 PM

Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff (20436 Views)

FG Delegates Visit Bomb Blasts Victims In Maiduguri Hospital .... See Photos / Female Suicide Bombers Attack Maiduguri Market Again / Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoots Doctor, Beats-Up Medical Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by TayoT: 1:08pm On May 10, 2013
jackbauersballs: Those soldiers are under severe pressure literally putting their lives on the line for those very doctors...

It is a severe insult for a hospital to reject the body of a soldier who died in active service.

I mean, for Fcks sake the soldier took a bullet protecting YOU...and una no fit house en deadi body?! angry

How demoralizing is that to dead man's colleagues?
Knowing that despite their low pay,and their status as walking Boko Haram targets,they will never get the respect they deserve...even in death? undecided

Can't you read and understand? If the police want VIP treatment, they have enough funds to v their own motuary. Yeye police that can't handle real criminals beating up civilians and u r there exonerating them. Are u a police officer too?
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by BrawnSuga(f): 1:12pm On May 10, 2013
Which way Nigeria is heading to?
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Fhemmmy: 1:13pm On May 10, 2013
This is really sad to read, bad for the dead but if they really wanna show their anger, they ought to know where to go.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by adedayourt(m): 1:17pm On May 10, 2013
jackbauersballs: Those soldiers are under severe pressure literally putting their lives on the line for those very doctors...

It is a severe insult for a hospital to reject the body of a soldier who died in active service.

I mean, for Fcks sake the soldier took a bullet protecting YOU...and una no fit house en deadi body?! angry

Knowing that despite their low pay,and their status as walking Boko Haram targets,they will never get the respect they deserve...even in death? undecided

. Bross read again,it waz said dat d place waz filled up wit oda corpes,so sud d̶̲̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ av dropd d police corpes on d floor 2 decay? Haba!!! Besides if it was 1 of ur relativez dat waz already in d "freezer" (God 4bid) wud u allow d hospital drop d corpes on d floor nd put anoda?? They died in Active service,we no dispute am but d oda men in black sud av undastood d no space situation stead of violence
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by chlowi(f): 1:20pm On May 10, 2013
Can wee just go back to being colonized? But this time by americans nt Briticos ! Cos naija isn't getting any better since independence rather its vanishing ...every day one bloody menace or the other ... U might tink its a stupid idea but when we can't handle our issues properly den its better smeone else does. Look at Ghana , how many times do we get to hear of such scary tins ? Nigeria is like an infant who ought to be looked after by an adult or day care (america)
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by AK481(m): 1:26pm On May 10, 2013
mathskill: Shuuuut uuuup mr man.what do u mean soldiers should b withdrawn.u want bh to take maiduguri.dnt get me wrong i am not in support of high handedness of soldiers but to call for thier withdrawal is callous.it means u dont know what u r saying.what should happen is this soldiers should b properly equiped.imagine a soldier ssent to maiduguri a battle zone but is not given air support,night vision goggles,proper body armour or placed in a pick up van instead of an armoured personnel carrier.I must say the government is not showing seriouse commitment when it comes to uprooting bh.i tell the two states of borno and maiduguri can b cordoned off for 5 months, no one comes in or out till this terrorists r dislodged.but alas this is nigeria till the son or daughter of a prominent elite is killed.
Can somebody give this guy a like!!!
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by pat077: 1:28pm On May 10, 2013
Nigeria police are terrorist on uniform.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by biolabee(m): 1:34pm On May 10, 2013
Sam_Ikenna: Nigeria is such a hellhole that the best anyone can do right now, if he/she has the resource, is to take one's family out of it. Borrowing from Prof Soyinka - the stuff one sees in this nation makes one wonder if the current definition of humanity is accurate. Its beyond my understanding how someone, hurt or unhurt, can go into a hospital and beat up a care-giver. Even Alqeada in its brutality still finds a way to be civil to those who give care to their wounded comrades. I wish someone would help me get it because I dont.

Its like Nigerian police men are perpetually in anger-mode. I personally think over 80% of them are clinically insane. Why do I say so? Throughout my time in Nigeria there was one recurring decimal amongst most officers and that is - Any time a police man in Nigeria gets upset with you he does something harmful immediately without restraint, sometimes he goes as far as killing you and taking to his heels. I witnessed this many times. One time they chased one guy in Aba, unbeknownst to the guy, to his house and murdered him right in front of his house, for what you might ask - for fairy tales of how the guy disrepected them. But we knew the reason was simply because the guy was in a nice car looking good and wasn't paying them any attention so that automatically set off the beast in Nigerian police men.

Fellas, think about this - you work your butt off and get yourself something classy and the average Nigerian police is jealous of you at any checkpoint. If they command you and you behave like a polished person they immediately get mad - its like civility (when you look good) means disrespect to them. They want you to be scared and jittery as they command you, anything less might spell your death after which they zoom into the bush. Its difficult to feel sorry for Nigerian police after you've gone through hell with them. In the US, if an officer dies in the hands of any criminal organization like Boko haram or the likes, all hell will break loose. Citizens are outraged because they, to a large extent, respect their officers. Nigerian police has neither value nor respect in the eyes of the people and the reason is simple - Nigerian police is indiscribably inhuman. The army is 100x better than Nigerian police.

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Chartey(m): 1:37pm On May 10, 2013

I'm still looking for the "soldier" in the post o.
Why u dey vex? Dem post ur broda go der?
Seriously, those security forces do more damage than the Boko haram just like the Iraqi situation of those days.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Afolabs101: 1:41pm On May 10, 2013
Acidosis: Y'all should keep quiet!

So what happens to the innocent patients in the hospital now that suppose life-saving Doctors are on strike...

and don't even mention nurse here...
cos some of this people would not mind injecting patients with poisons..

They said they would consider not treating Policemen, not a general strike.

Read, comprehend and then post
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by InvertedHammer: 1:42pm On May 10, 2013

There was no space means there was no space. What do you expect the doctors to do?
Take the corpse home because it was a policeman?

Who knows? Tomorrow you will expect the doctors to carter to you in emergency situation.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by juman(m): 2:07pm On May 10, 2013
pat077: Nigeria police are terrorist on uniform.

grin grin

The "leaders" are bigger terrorists in nigeria.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by ratty4: 2:31pm On May 10, 2013
Nigerian policemen are like natural disaster to the peole ,n still I do wonder if they are properly trained.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Kgdavid(m): 2:49pm On May 10, 2013
Acidosis:

Shut up.... pls
Both the police and doctors ought to protect lives...

The duty of a policeman is to protect lives but they failed by dealing mercilessly with armed-less and innocent medical staff.

The Doctors also failed woefully by not accepting the corpse of innocent men protecting them on the battle ground... as if that was not enough, they embarked on a strike action which of course may lead to death of another batch of patients in their custody...

So tell me, who failed in his duty here?

what kind or rubbish is this?
.the drs did not refue to treat injured policement

.the drs did not refuse to accept the bodies of the killed policemen

.the hospitals only offence was that the bodies of the slain would be kept on the floor of the morgue until such a time as space was available.

for this, a whole dr was SHOT!! how can one expect Drs to save lives when their own lives are threatened by some of those whom they will be asked To save? its not even like the drs are being threatened by armed robbers but rather they are being threatened by police men who should be there to protect the citizenry. and again what was the offense of the Drs? that the morgue was full. should the bodies of other peoples loved ones have been thrown into the streets in order to accord honor to the dead? see if you do not understand something let me clarify for you, the call to be an officer of the law is one which demands sacrifice. most of these police men who are paid lower than corpers are police men simply because they could not find anything better to do with their lives. of course corpers should be paid more than the rank and file. they paid hard earned money to go thru school and end up being forced into serving this so called country, at times callously and carelessly sent into harms way without any form of protection. these ones are indeed greater servants to Nigeria than most of our police. someone even calls them soldiers but no these men are no soldiers! read the story, it took the intervention of real soldiers to restore order to the hospital. imagine going on a rampage in hospital where many sick people are just because there is no space to shelve a pile of lifeless meat and bones? this is Nigeria where countless civilians have been slain for no justifiable reason by the very same police! no one wishes ill on the police because they do have a difficult job but they, by this action have displayed a complete, utter disregard for the very same law and lives they are supposed to protect. an officer of the law is endowed with a sacred trust the moment the state places a badge and a lethal weapon in his arms. you are give the power to over-power unarmed civilians because it is expected that you have attained a state of discipline uncommon to the common man and will therefore not be a menace to society. these irresponsible policemen have displayed their incompetence by suffering a shameful defeat at the hands of poorly armed villagers. it beats my imagination that it is possible that an entire convoy of a hundred plus policemen could be ambushed and massacred so easily. what training have they recieved? where is the professionalism? what distinguishes a nigerian policeman other than his black uniform and kalashnikov rifle? all life is sacred. if there is no space for your dead comrades then it is unfortunate. even if the Drs committed a crime had they no right to a fair hearing?

1 Like

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Fhemmmy: 2:52pm On May 10, 2013
Acidosis: infolekan, you're a very big f00l for quoting me...

Are the Doctors not suppose to protect lives?
What if the police also embark on a strike action for loosing 100 men in less than 24hours??

The live was already lost, and what dignity would be in putting the corpse of the policeman on the floor while they wait for someone to pick their corpse for them to have room to store the body?
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by olsmade(m): 2:59pm On May 10, 2013
Policemen SHOOTS doctors

You have broken rule 21. Lets see how many days ban Seun will give you.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by grandlexuz(m): 3:38pm On May 10, 2013

The mortuary was full!!!
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 10, 2013
hyper gig: More than often we tend not to appreciate these gun wielding lads.....they were caught up in a cross fire while trying to salvage what is left of a community nd yet to help em preserve their dead body con turn to wahalla,why won't they go wild, if i were in their shoes i would even do more....
when God gave u brain, it was for u to reason b4 makin statements bro! How can u now turn around to make such a statement at dis level? If armed robber come rob u n kill any member of ur family, will u go and beat up d DPO in ur community for failin to protect u or stop d killin of ur family member by d robbers?
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by udatso: 4:08pm On May 10, 2013
Acidosis:

Shut up.... pls
Both the police and doctors ought to protect lives...

The duty of a policeman is to protect lives but they failed by dealing mercilessly with armed-less and innocent medical staff.

The Doctors also failed woefully by not accepting the corpse of innocent men protecting them on the battle ground... as if that was not enough, they embarked on a strike action which of course may lead to death of another batch of patients in their custody...

So tell me, who failed in his duty here?

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by RuuDie(m): 4:11pm On May 10, 2013
No excuses...the policemen are totally wrong to shoot at unarmed civillians but we need to understand something, these guys may have been under extreme pressure and the actions (or inaction) of the medical staff may have only served to aggravate their ire.

It is very easy for us to sit on our "high horses" and condemn those men because we are not in their shoes and cannot understand what they might have been experiencing at the time.
A lot of the conclusions here are bit biased and probably influenced by the fact that we are constantly regaled, on a daily basis, with stories of police/army/force-men brutality on innocent citizens.

We need to be totally objective in our assessments and criticisms here or we may turn out to be just as guilty as the policemen if we lash out at them without taking into consideration the incident in its entirety; the root-cause and probable actions that may have triggered off such reaction from the policemen.

In my opinion, this is clearly a case of two very agitated parties getting caught up in a whirlwind of unbridled emotions. Nevertheless, the policemem should be the more professional and show more restraint...but in their line of work and especially in the clime/region they are, how easy is it to keep a cool head!?

1 Like

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 10, 2013
RuuDie: No excuses...the policemen are totally wrong to shoot at unarmed civillians but we need to understand something, these guys may have been under extreme pressure and the actions (or inaction) of the medical staff may have only served to aggravate their ire.

It is very easy for us to sit on our "high horses" and condemn those men because we are not in their shoes and cannot understand what they might have been experiencing at the time.
A lot of the conclusions here are bit biased and probably influenced by the fact that we are constantly regaled, on a daily basis, with stories of police/army/force-men brutality on innocent citizens.

We need to be totally objective in our assessments and criticisms here or we may turn out to be just as guilty as the policemen if we lash out at them without taking into consideration the incident in its entirety; the root-cause and probable actions that may have triggered off such reaction from the policemen.

In my opinion, this is clearly a case of two very agitated parties getting caught up in a whirlwind of unbridled emotions. Nevertheless, the policemem should be the more professional and show more restraint...but in their line of work and especially in the clime/region they are, how easy is it to keep a cool head!?

Finally...someone wwith the ability to think
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by texazzpete(m): 4:42pm On May 10, 2013
jackbauersballs:

I am not a police officer, and judging from your write up I suspect I am far more educated than you can ever hope to be, but that is a differnt story.

Now I ask you, Mr DonLexy...Can you do the Job? Can You risk taking a bullet in your head for 37,000 naira monthly?
Can you do the job knowing that if you die in battle, your corpse will be left to rot instead of given a proper burial?
Can you do the job knowing that the same people you are trying to protect will logon to Nairaland to curse you out?
Can you do the job holding and AK47 with few bullets and going up against an enemy you were NOT trained to handle who have better weaponry and high motivation?
Can you do the job knowing you are not loved by the enemy or the populace you protect?

Can you?

If you can't, then please shut the fucck up and show some respect.

I don't care how educated you think you are, you've just displayed the intelligence of a dyspeptic cow.
How the heck can you insinuate that the bodies of taxpaying Nigerians who died working for Nigeria should be dragged out en-masse and cremated? Are you insane? This is not about not being loved by the populace. this is about following the rule of law.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by olurotimi(m): 4:56pm On May 10, 2013
The country is in an emergency state, we have too many forces who cannot ascertain their jurisdiction. Leaders are Cultist and the security operatives are cold blooded killers.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 10, 2013
texazzpete:

I don't care how educated you think you are, you've just displayed the intelligence of a dyspeptic cow.
How the heck can you insinuate that the bodies of taxpaying Nigerians who died working for Nigeria should be dragged out en-masse and cremated? Are you insane? This is not about not being loved by the populace. this is about following the rule of law.

Shut it you inbred monkey.
The harsh reality is that these policemen all have a death sentence on their heads,simply because they find themselves protecting wastes-of-sperm like yourself.
They must be accorded maximum respect in life and in death for doing the job you are too much of a coward to do.
And if they die doing that job, the least you can do is protect their bodies till they are give proper burials.
You honestly cannot expect men in their position,doing what they do, to accept that when they die,the people they died protecting cant even be arsed to make space for their bodies.

The way they reacted is never right, but until we start respecting these men and what they do, especially regarding combating Boko Haram, these sort of reactions will never be far off!
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 10, 2013

Are you stupid? It is a corpse.
there were no more space for corpses.

Are you expecting them to defile the other corpses?
WTF is wrong with people like you in that country? angry
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 10, 2013
2buff:

Are you stupid? It is a corpse.
there were no more space for corpses.

Are you expecting them to defile the other corpses?
WTF is wrong with people like you in that country? angry

It is the Corpse...of Hero
We owe that corpse our immense gratitude,because by dying in the line of duty, he died...FOR US!
What is it with Nigerians and a lack of respect for the armed forces?
Instead of appreciation, we get these kind of disgusting attitudes from knuckle-dragging cavemen like yourself.
It is this very attitude that gets these Policemen Riled up.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by andyanders: 5:38pm On May 10, 2013
Beter, you love snake than trust any Nigerian policeman.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 10, 2013
jackbauersballs:

It is the Corpse...of Hero
We owe that corpse our immense gratitude,because by dying in the line of duty, he died...FOR US!
What is it with Nigerians and a lack of respect for the armed forces?
Instead of appreciation, we get these kind of disgusting attitudes from knuckle-dragging cavemen like yourself.
It is this very attitude that gets these Policemen Riled up.

My question has still gone unanswered.
So if a place is full of corpses already, what should they now do to those corpses?

So if there is no more room in a cemetry, you expect other corpses of possible other "heroes" as you put it, to be dug up & defiled? So because of a corpse, you make even MORE corpses? Get the fuk out of here for real. Just stop talking undecided
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Cruxxy(m): 5:41pm On May 10, 2013
rooftech: the people at times behave like animals

Thats why they show them for nasarawa.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by 360degree(m): 5:53pm On May 10, 2013
I thing the two sides didn't act reasonable at all. The Hospital official should have being more diplomatic knowing the issues currently at hand especially when dealing with someone who is not only armed but also emotionally frustrated. Also the police should have exercised restrains at little provocations particularly when dealing with civilians. Had it being that it was only beaten the matter would not have been this serious. However, Government should probe this incident and ensure that the policemen responsible are made to receive appropriate punishment they deserve.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 10, 2013
2buff:

My question has still gone unanswered.
So if a place is full of corpses already, what should they now do to those corpses?

So if there is no more room in a cemetry, you expect other corpses of possible other "heroes" as you put it, to be dug up & defiled? So because of a corpse, you make even MORE corpses? Get the fuk out of here for real. Just stop talking undecided

Quite frankly, your imbecility knows no bounds. Do the world a favour and get a vasectomy- your genes must never be allowed to taint the gene pool.

It is pretty obvious that hospital showed great disrespect to the slain officer by leaving his body on the floor.

Like I said earlier, this man died in active duty as such deserves every preferential treatment, even if it means moving another body out of the way for his!!
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by texazzpete(m): 7:04pm On May 10, 2013
RuuDie: No excuses...the policemen are totally wrong to shoot at unarmed civillians but we need to understand something, these guys may have been under extreme pressure and the actions (or inaction) of the medical staff may have only served to aggravate their ire.

Yes, let's make an excuse for the police officers who committed a crime by destroying private property and aggravated bodily injury...all because they were logically and politely informed that there was no space in the morgue.

When the police catch lawbreakers, they do not accept 'under extreme pressure' as an excuse for breaking the law. Why are they then to be exempt from the consequences of their actions, just because they are policemen?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency / It’s Difficult To Recover Nigeria’s Stolen Money Stashed Abroad —US Ambassador / I’ve Lost Memory, Records About Charges Against Me –saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.