Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,270 members, 7,974,242 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 07:01 PM

Have You Ever Bought/sold A Car Thru Nairaland? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Ever Bought/sold A Car Thru Nairaland? (7237 Views)

Has Anyone Ever Bought A Car From Seme/kutonu / Pictures Of A Car Made In Calabar / Have You Ever Bought A Car From Nairaland Auto Section?share Your Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Bought/sold A Car Thru Nairaland? by Sojizzle(m): 7:48pm On Sep 16, 2008
;d
Re: Have You Ever Bought/sold A Car Thru Nairaland? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 26, 2008
Re: Have You Ever Bought/sold A Car Thru Nairaland? by 1Bishop(m): 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2008
Never!
But should you want to buy, keep all your three (3) EYES wide open. It can be frustrating buying cars from these so called dealers. Some of them don't even have cars to sell. They see a car on the road with BUY ME or FOR SALE sticker on it (or sometimes hear of someone that wants to sell a car) and then they rush to NAIRALAND. Atimes when you call, they refer you to somebody that will refer you to another person and on and on like that.

I mean it can be frustrating and sometimes insulting. This is my experience in these last few days with some of them.

BEWARE. CAVEAT EMPTOR. WATCH. E SORA SE.
Re: Have You Ever Bought/sold A Car Thru Nairaland? by Agboola1(m): 5:24pm On Oct 02, 2008
Almost but not just yet
Re: Have You Ever Bought/sold A Car Thru Nairaland? by Busybody2(f): 5:30pm On Oct 02, 2008
Agboola1:

Almost but not just yet

motion seconded.
Re: Have You Ever Bought/sold A Car Thru Nairaland? by chelseabmw(m): 12:15am On Sep 05, 2010
bought a toyota avalon through NL
Re: Have You Ever Bought/sold A Car Thru Nairaland? by seal777(m): 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2010
I bought a camry 1999 V6 for a client thru nairaland 2wks ago, never met the guy before he gave the link to the owner of the car and i remitted his own part of the deal thru his bank account as he was out of town. HE NEVER BELIEVED I COULD FULFIL MY PROMISE BUT I DID. ONE GOOD TURN DESERVES ANOTHER.
Re: Have You Ever Bought/sold A Car Thru Nairaland? by nex(m): 4:51pm On Sep 05, 2010
Well, I last sold a 1995 Nissan Primera on Nairaland to a user "woleshi".

We still keep in touch to be sure my promises are true.
Re: Have You Ever Bought/sold A Car Thru Nairaland? by nex(m): 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2010
Oh! And my flatmate bought a BMW X5 through inspired_m about 4 months ago. Though I never mentioned it to inspired that I was the one who sent him. I really am not into making friends on Nairaland, but I do suggest links to Nairalanders' cars when people want to buy.

As you can imagine, buying and selling online in the case of Nigeria is not based on trust and assurances at all. Nigerian sellers and buyers online regard one another as 419, so the way we deal is by exchange on the spot. Though a majority of us are not, we deal as if we all are. They bring their squad, we bring our squad, everybody feigns a smile, we swap packages and head our different ways. If you've seen a Mafia flick lately, it's no different from a major drug deal.

No trust even when the guy counts out the entire N3,500,000 right in our eyes. Until our we're safely back to base with the money.

Anyway, the truth is that, it may not be that bad, but the secret to staying safe, is avoiding any strange additions, conditions, irregularities, requests, or suggestions. Once it crops up, we walk away.
Re: Have You Ever Bought/sold A Car Thru Nairaland? by Franknerd(m): 10:17am On Oct 08, 2010
@Nex
u said wat I've been expecting 2 hear, tho d deal appears genuine, at d back of ur mind u're not convinced until d deal is sealed cos "u never trust anyone"
@NL
pls what commitment do i need from a NL cotonou dealer b4 i entrust him wi my money! Has any1 done a deal wi one, how did it go

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Honda Civic 2010 / Enugu Government Bans Unauthorised Use Of Vehicles With Tinted Glasses / Is A Car A Necessity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.