Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,283 members, 7,950,482 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 03:00 PM

Your View About Social Network Love? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your View About Social Network Love? (11293 Views)

Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story / Whats Your View About Waist Beads? / Girls View About Tall Slim Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by Jankoller(m): 5:45pm On May 11, 2013
justwise:

I'm sorry but you don't have a point, its the same human being you deal with in real life that uses social network sites, they are not aliens, a cheat is a cheat whether you met him in church or in facebook. There are people who do not have time to socialize, who spent most of their time online as part of their job, so its not only teenagers with less exposure or over aged people with hidden intention that uses social network for love.

Where or how you met somebody wouldn't change the outcome of that relationship
May ur days be long.

4 Likes

Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by An0nimus: 5:46pm On May 11, 2013
Tread softly. That's my only advicesmiley
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by PrettySpicey(f): 5:48pm On May 11, 2013
Often times people look at relationships that are 'E-originated' as never serious, never end well n totally immature n wrong.
N they could be right, given the kind of nasty stuff we hear these days.
But there are still good people out there. N you might be lucky to meet one of them via social networks.
My take is any relationship you are going into, whatever the origin, be yourself. Don't let anyone turn you into someone else and never settle for anything but the best for you.

3 Likes

Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by Odunharry(m): 5:51pm On May 11, 2013
chi4ik: HMmmmmmmm, to b frank, it doesn't work 90%, a responsible man or woman wouldn't be lookin Fø̲̣̣я̅ his or her missin Rib on social network. Most relationship on social network end up wit hazard or even death. So pls dis-associate yourself from τ̅ђa̶̲̥̅̊t..
na wa to u o..relatioship is relationship.
@topic, it can be dangerous cos a lot of fake people are everywia
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 11, 2013
190:

story tongue tongue
grin
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by OCTAVO: 5:58pm On May 11, 2013
DailyNews: records show that very very very few of relationships started from the internet live long and stay faithful ....maybe yours might make the list of the very very few that will be successful if luck is on your side....but of the truth, it hardly works cos most people that go on social networks to seek for love are mostly- stay-at-home teenagers with less exposure abt life, over aged people with hidden intentions, and ppl with less opportunities, and sometimes opportunists...but some do end successful, negligible number though. goodluck
Pls which records?
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by cutiepie25(f): 6:04pm On May 11, 2013
2legit2qwt:
WTF is social network love If you're referring to meeting someone through Nairaland the social media, it's the same as meeting someone at the bar, in church or at the store. It's now part of our lives so i don't see any reason why you can't meet people there for love. You have to be careful anywhere you meet people and use your brain either ways

The question whether or not they are real and true to what they portray can be raised in all the avenues where you meet people. A person's true color will come out as the same eventually regardless of where you meet them.

i luv dis write up,u hav totally nailed it.

2 Likes

Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by chi4ik(m): 6:06pm On May 11, 2013
Odunharry: na wa to u o..relatioship is relationship.
@topic, it can be dangerous cos a lot of fake people are everywia
bro U̶̲̥̅̊ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ patialy right but asumption: if u aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ a parent, will U̶̲̥̅̊ advice ur Children to fall in love tru social network?
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 11, 2013
chi4ik: bro U̶̲̥̅̊ α̲̅я̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ patialy right but asumption: if u α̲̅я̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ a parent, will U̶̲̥̅̊ advice ur Children to fall in love tru social network?

[size=13pt]I don't know of any parent that instructs his or her child on where to find love. I do know that parents advise their children to be wise, be smart, and be yourself. One can do those things and find his or her missing rib, missing nose, missing knee or any other kind of missing on Facebook or at a coffee shop. The place or method of meeting does not dictate a relationship. What makes a relationship a relationship is two people willing to make it work.[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 6:11pm On May 11, 2013
You wana know what i think??
Its a complete waste of time! Nd btw it alwys comes with a BIG SHOCK! Can u handle any? If yes....go ahead, and all d best!
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by Boscojugunu(m): 6:14pm On May 11, 2013
i met my current gf on nairaland. last year on lasu admission thread. And it has turn out to be a good one. username kemilola. what nairaland has joined together let no fb put assunder

4 Likes

Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 11, 2013
90 % of what pass as our village square will be a social networking site. Do the calculations yourself let us say 2yrs back from today how many friends did you make outside a social network ; don't worry I will wait . . . grin
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 11, 2013
sadeiyare: 90 % of what pass as our village square will be a social networking site. Do the calculations yourself let us say 2yrs back from today how many friends did you make outside a social network ; don't worry I will wait . . . grin

I made some good friends off NL. One even goes to my school. He doesn't post on NL anymore sha wink
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 11, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

I made some good friends off NL. One even goes to my school. He doesn't post on NL anymore sha wink

Nice one, but you are guilty of rule 21. grin
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 11, 2013
Lol u r funy
Boscojugunu: i met my current gf on nairaland. last year on lasu admission thread. And it has turn out to be a good one. username kemilola. what nairaland has joined together let no fb put assunder
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 11, 2013
sadeiyare:

Nice one, but you are guilty of rule 21. grin

Tell me more
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 11, 2013
Tankz 2 y'all dat has commentd nd shard dier viewz u guyz rock! Av learnt a lot...
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 6:34pm On May 11, 2013
Okay leme add to this....

You dont actually find the good people online, because its either they are too busy wit heir lives preparing hard for the future or hooked up already! Btw not all.

It should be noted that, most people who are in-love dont usually surf the internet except for important reasons muchless social netwrks! Nd even when they do, its not alwys on a constant basis.

It has been confirmed that, most people who surf the internet are either single, heart-broken, lonely, flirts, spoilt brats, lazy or fraudsters! So the probability of finding a good guy or girl online is 2/10, while the probability of finding a bunch of lazy azzes, rude, idiots, criminals, etc is 9/10. So its up to you now. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 11, 2013
Tanks gal. I lyk dis
Becacia_Barbie: Okay leme add to this....

You dont actually find the good people online, because its either they are too busy wit heir lives preparing hard for the future or hooked up already! Btw not all.

It should be noted that, most people who are in-love dont usually surf the internet except for important reasons muchless social netwrks! Nd even if they do, its not alwys on a constant basis.

It has been confirmed that, most people who surf the internet are either single, heart-broken, lonely, flirts, spoilt brats, lazy or fraudsters! So the probability of finding a good guy or girl online is 2/10, while the probability of finding a bunch of lazy azzes, rude, idiots, criminals, etc is 9/10. So its up to you now. smiley
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by glolomoh: 6:42pm On May 11, 2013
Afolayinka: It is fake n does nt last at all

Your assumption is wrong. I met my husband via facebook in 2010, we dated close to three years and got married last weekend
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by Sunnycliff(m): 6:44pm On May 11, 2013
To an extent what we are internally is what we see externally according to the natural laws of attraction and correspondences. If you have ill intentions in mind while scavenging for preys on social networks, you are likely going to meet people of such character, but if you are there for something better, though it may not be for the purpose of marriage you are more likely to meet such people of such character. In my words, what you have in mind is what you get. I will soon be going down the aisle, thanks to social network. It do work well, it depends on the both parties, but on you, the more!

2 Likes

Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by ITbomb(m): 6:49pm On May 11, 2013
if you meet on the social network then make ur relationship work outside the social network , if you still relied on it to run ur relationship , it would ruin you and your reputation.
It should be the meeting place that determine whether the relationship would work or not , people meet in churches yet the still fail
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by ITbomb(m): 6:51pm On May 11, 2013
the probability of finding a bunch of lazy azzes, rude, idiots, criminals, like me is 9/10. So its up to you now. smiley
I get it
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by justwise(m): 6:58pm On May 11, 2013

It should be noted that, most people who are in-love dont usually surf the internet except for important reasons muchless social netwrks! Nd even if they do, its not alwys on a constant basis.

What planet do you live on? You don't meet fraudsters, lazzy as$a, criminals offline?

2 Likes

Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 11, 2013
Dats just her opinion y dont u write urz?
justwise:

What planet do you live on? You don't meet fraudsters, lazzy as$a, criminals offline?
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 11, 2013
for those who wants to know y majority of social network relationship fail, read up.

first, becos a doctor smokes doesn't mean smoking is good to health, and a good doctor who smokes cnt encourage people to smoke haven knwn d dangers. also cos a pastor fornicates doesn't mean fornication is good.

u know, b4 most people decide to find love online, they must have tried in real life n failed, so they most hide their weakpoints from ppl they meet online, and when the relationship materializes to real life, it most often turns bad.

again, majority of romance affairs started online are based on photographic admiration, and as we all know, not all persons look physically pretty, or ugly as they appear in portraits (pictures), which most result to failed expectations from either party who may not say it initially just lead the other person on and may withdraw from the relationship when they meet another person that meets their physical qualifications, leaving the other party heartbroken.

people who come online to find love have a mission, and for this, they often act desperate and sometimes kill the relationship ignorantly, unlike when u meet someone in real life unprepared, maybe in the cause of going about ur daily activities.

online relationships fail becos most involve long distance relationship, and majority of long distance relationships do not last long.

etc, etc, etc.

but if u want ur online relationship to stand a greater chance of making successful, then try and take off from the internet once u guys meet and also take it off from being a long distance relationship by initiating constant physical presence and commitment, dnt wait for too long to meet.

secondly, don't expect too much. maybe u want a very handsome rich guy and u cudnt find it in real life, u now run to internet as a short-cut, the truth is that u may likely meet the wrong guys, so expect less and be realistic.

same with guys, cos u cudnt get a pretty girl in real life, u now run to internet as a short-cut, u maybe disappointed with the things u will get, so be realistic and dnt expect much.

Goodluck all the same, nice discussion smiley
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by justwise(m): 7:11pm On May 11, 2013
Mehlena: Dats just her opinion y dont u write urz?

justwise:

I'm sorry but you don't have a point, its the same human being you deal with in real life that uses social network sites, they are not aliens, a cheat is a cheat whether you met him in church or in facebook. There are people who do not have time to socialize, who spent most of their time online as part of their job, so its not only teenagers with less exposure or over aged people with hidden intention that uses social network for love.

Where or how you met somebody wouldn't change the outcome of that relationship
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by ochukoccna: 7:46pm On May 11, 2013
Social networks and by extension the Net are just platforms to meet just like meeting someone on the subway
It might not work in Nigeria (especially because of Yahoo boys) but it works well in the Occidental part of the world
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by Orikinla(m): 7:56pm On May 11, 2013
It can be fun, but it can also be a nightmare.
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 11, 2013
Re: Your View About Social Network Love? by nenergy(m): 7:57pm On May 11, 2013
If it starts with 'healthy' friendship first and you two reside in the same state,then it can work. But you met her today, and you wooed her today, and she accepted today, then you're on a long thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? / MASTURBATION: Which of These Images Is Best? [PICTURE] / Girl Share Many Unclad Pictures Online Just For Followers On Insta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.