Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:50 PM

Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... (41462 Views)

Fans Accuse Annie Idibia Of Bleaching / Nigerian Female Celebrities Accused Of Bleaching (photos) / Is Ghanaian Actress, Joselyn Dumas The Sexiest (nollywood + Gollywood) Actress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by jasper7(m): 10:42pm On May 10, 2013
Have we resorted to hiding people's post? Please this is not Military rule. Mr/Mrs Mod, or whoever, don't hide my comment again, especially not when I am a law abiding citizen. and if you want to ban me, Don't ban me for few hours or minutes, just Ban me forever! I double dare you. Mtchewww
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by jasper7(m): 10:45pm On May 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Even if she wasn't bleached, the fact that she took a dark-skinned picture and lightened it to that degree speaks volume.
But fact is, she bleached. Lightening or not.

School is overrated, I'm a nun.
Texas Cowgirl Nun? EPIC!!! The next generation will sing with your name smiley
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 10, 2013
jasper7: Have we resorted to hiding people's post? Please this is not Military rule. Mr/Mrs Mod, or whoever, don't hide my comment again, especially not when I am a law abiding citizen. and if you want to ban me, Don't ban me for few hours or minutes, just Ban me forever! I double dare you. Mtchewww

[size=13pt]I hid your post because you quoted a comment that I hid. That's all.[/size]
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 10, 2013
speedyboi:

please google photographic filter.

Anyway, if altering pictures is what is your problem, you could have just said it instead of throwing accusations around.
Besides the picture looks like it was taken from instagram; it might not be her fault.

All the suspects on this thread bleached. FACT.
Are we done here?
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 10, 2013
jasper7:
Texas Cowgirl Nun? EPIC!!! The next generation will sing with your name smiley

wink wink
Na, just Father Thomas...if you get my drift
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Idowuogbo(f): 10:48pm On May 10, 2013
Soeedyboi, so dat pic of Rita D na photoworrevaucallam? undecided
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by jasper7(m): 10:52pm On May 10, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]I hid your post because you quoted a comment that I hid. That's all.[/size]
Okay, Let me get this straight... you Bulldozed my house, because my tenant is a criminal? what kinda thing is that? angry do you know the amount of energy it takes to type? you just come and lock my post, no apology, no remorse,very cold explanation, no sympathy. Am I now paying the debts of my ancestors? abeg use that same key you carry lock my post and unlock it angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by jasper7(m): 10:53pm On May 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

wink wink
Na, just Father Thomas...if you get my drift
Lol. ohhhhh. I do
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 10, 2013
Idowuogbo: Soeedyboi, so dat pic of Rita D na photoworrevaucallam? undecided

It was overlightened and airbrushed angry. And she snapped it under a very bright light undecided

1 Like

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by lulukay(f): 11:57pm On May 10, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Stop the insults.[/size]
sigh* if only there were ways to screen peeps n their tacky* attitudes b4 allowin em in..meanwile I apologise had to unleash grin I'm a smart chiq..my momma taught me betta! wink kiss

1 Like

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Originalsly: 12:59am On May 11, 2013
Airforce1: Tis good to bleach up than to remain dark skinned for life... I don't like dark skinned girls
Did your mother bleach up? If yes then I don't blame you...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. If no...then I guess you hate your mother et al. @ OP...no matter the excuse...people who bleach are suffering from inferiority complex. Hmmm....some of these pics should be used in ads to hmmmm....terrorize would be bleachers.
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 1:28am On May 11, 2013
Airforce1: Tis good to bleach up than to remain dark skinned for life... I don't like dark skinned girls

[size=13pt]Lol, so why haven't you started bleaching?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 1:28am On May 11, 2013
Yvonne Nelson has not bleached. Those who think that has obviously not seen her before in real life. Here are some recent pics of here and watch the trailer. She is as she is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcFjmg2LGsA

1 Like

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 1:35am On May 11, 2013
l

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 1:37am On May 11, 2013
Then you get pics like these which may make one think she is bleaching. It is all about camera and lighting because even in the movie trailer and if you meet her up close and personal. She looks the same as she did, she has not bleached.

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 1:50am On May 11, 2013
ogugua88:
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1102359_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687[/img]
so unnecessarily rude. All u gotta do is edit his post. That way, his comment is still there addressed to whoever and the offensive post is removed. quoting is the popular way of addressing a member, isn't it?? The way sense just dey go vacation for some ppl head ehn, e tire me!

No be the 21 rule I dey look so undecided

@Thread: Ileke!! Ileke!! Ileke!! You like falling the hands of my Naija ppl.....some of these pictures are lightening and photo effects naa, haven't u noticed the way everyone looks light skinned on instagram??

4 Likes

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 1:52am On May 11, 2013
[size=13pt]His post was also off-topic.[/size]
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 1:55am On May 11, 2013
So back to my initial question, let's say I believe your theory of Yvonne not bleaching, how is her mentality different from a bleacher?

Why lighten 99% of her pictures if she didnt think she looked better light?
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 1:57am On May 11, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
So back to my initial question, let's say I believe your theory of Yvonne not bleaching, how is her mentality different from a bleacher?

Doesn't she look better with the effects?? tongue I'm actually serious embarassed
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 1:58am On May 11, 2013
Shollypopz:
Doesn't she look better with the effects?? tongue I'm actually serious embarassed

You NL girls just want to blind me with your font effects sha
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 2:00am On May 11, 2013
^^answer my question jor......doesn't she??
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 2:10am On May 11, 2013
Shollypopz: ^^answer my question jor......doesn't she??

She looked better in a skin tone that is naturally hers, not a chemically or computer generated one. If you believe that her acquisition for "beauty" is achieved through this method, then.......
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 2:12am On May 11, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Its not a "theory" its a fact, i know u are not a fan clearly but one day if there is a movie screening or whatever go and see her live. I mean even in movies you can see how she is. After i have showcased your myth that she is bleaching now you are talking abt mentality. Lmfao babe give it a rest will you. Sometimes ppl have pics where they look lighter than they are and 99percent of her pics are not like that as i have showed you some and ur welcome to go an fb n twitter to check them out. And i think she looks as beautiful with her pics that i posted above so to each their own. So give Yvonne Nelson a rest cos as your topic says which one of the rules stated not to derail, i have showed that yvonne nelson does not bleach. Whatever mentality you are going on about either way is her ish, she has photos with her not wearing makeup and undone etc so why put that there if she only wants her "light" pics there.

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 2:17am On May 11, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

[size=13pt]I definitely see your point. Essentially, it really isn't any different. Kind of like India Arie's brouhaha not too long ago. It's a false representation of who they are, but they still allow it to be seen. If I looked several shades different than my actual skin tone, then I'd be retaking those pictures.

I don't know about Yvonne Nelson's case, but for others, where it's as opposite as night and day and they still release those pictures? I'd have to agree with you, especially if they have the power to not have them as "lightened" as they are.[/size]
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 2:18am On May 11, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:
Its not a "theory" its a fact, i know u are not a fan clearly but one day if there is a movie screening or whatever go and see her live. I mean even in movies you can see how she is. After i have showcased your myth that she is bleaching now you are talking abt mentality. Lmfao babe give it a rest will you. Sometimes ppl have pics where they look lighter than they are and 99percent of her pics are not like that as i have showed you some and ur welcome to go an fb n twitter to check them out. And i think she looks as beautiful with her pics that i posted above so to each their own. So give Yvonne Nelson a rest cos as your topic says which one of the rules stated not to derail, i have showed that yvonne nelson does not bleach. Whatever mentality you are going on about either way is her ish.

Answer the question that was asked. If she's not bleaching, why is she lightening her pictures? Hardly any of her self-potraits are "dark-skinned".
Why is that in her older pictures and movies, she's darker than now?
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 2:21am On May 11, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]I definitely see your point. Essentially, it really isn't any different. Kind of like India Arie's brouhaha not too long ago. It's a false representation of who they are, but they still allow it to be seen. If I looked several shades different than my actual skin tone, then I'd be retaking those pictures.

I don't know about Yvonne Nelson's case, but for others, where it's as opposite as night and day and they still release those pictures? I'd have to agree with you, especially if they have the power to not have them as "lightened" as they are.[/size]

Exactly, it's insecurity.
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 2:23am On May 11, 2013
Pearl,

Your pictures still represent a woman lighter than she previously was. I posted a video of Yvonne in 2008........she was almsot as dark-skinned as Gene.

What happened?

My intention was not to put the focus on Yvonne, others did. I just dey siddon and read excuses; lightening, thunder, photoshop etc lol
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 2:28am On May 11, 2013
[size=13pt]^^^ Don't forget Instagram. Apparently, Instagram has a mandatory and automatic lightener too.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mr Ibu Reacts To His Wife's Allegations (Video) / Sophia Momodu Mourns DJ Olu Abiodun: “I Don’t Understand How He Died In A Car!” / Davido Gifts Isreal DMW's Fianceé ₦500k For Airtime (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.