Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,266 members, 7,981,487 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 06:22 PM

Which Of These Has More Blessing, To Give To Your Pastor Or Your Parents? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Of These Has More Blessing, To Give To Your Pastor Or Your Parents? (1038 Views)

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / Post A Comment From Your Pastor That Is Worthy Of Quote / Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Has More Blessing, To Give To Your Pastor Or Your Parents? by wwwaprokome(f): 8:42am On May 12, 2013
Early this year in my church, a father of one of our young youth leaders in his early 30s came to church and asked the Pastor to stop his son from coming to church. The man didn't have any problem being a Muslim and his son a Christian, what he had problem with was the blind giving of his son to the church and the pastor. He said his son's newly wedded wife cried to him severally because he doesn't perform his duties at home instead gives to the church and the pastor. I heard of a case where he gave our Pastor N500,000 but was owing house rent. I heard the whole gist when I asked someone about the guy cause I suddenly stopped seeing him in church. I don't know how it was resolved but the guys has since stopped coming to church.

I don't think someone who doesn't give to his wife would give to his parents. Some churches number one partners' parents are living in penury.

Happy Sunday Seun, Please today is Sunday ooo let's have plenty contribution. (lol)

Source: http://aproko.me/which-of-these-has-more-blessing-pastor-or-your-parents/
you can also vote on the link
follow: @aprokodotme
BB: 27BAFD85

Re: Which Of These Has More Blessing, To Give To Your Pastor Or Your Parents? by eriegua83: 9:33am On May 12, 2013
Your parents. No blessings can equal the one that comes out of their mouth, even the bible recognises that.
Re: Which Of These Has More Blessing, To Give To Your Pastor Or Your Parents? by nora544: 10:08am On May 12, 2013
For me the family come first, i have to look that i can pay my bills, because no pastor will pay my bills, what will happen when i give him the money for my house rent and i will lose my house, will he give me a place in his church, will he sell his car that i can get a new house no.

For me first come the family, that mean my husband and my children, than come my parents that i try to help them when they have no money and than when i can afford it i can give money to the pastor.

But the nigerian problem is first the pastor because he brainwashed me that when i give him all, money will come back more than i give to him. This will not happen so he will tell me you don't pray, so he will tell you please give me money that i can pray for you that it will be happen..........
Re: Which Of These Has More Blessing, To Give To Your Pastor Or Your Parents? by wwwaprokome(f): 1:47pm On May 12, 2013
HMNNNNN.......
nora544: For me the family come first, i have to look that i can pay my bills, because no pastor will pay my bills, what will happen when i give him the money for my house rent and i will lose my house, will he give me a place in his church, will he sell his car that i can get a new house no.

For me first come the family, that mean my husband and my children, than come my parents that i try to help them when they have no money and than when i can afford it i can give money to the pastor.

But the nigerian problem is first the pastor because he brainwashed me that when i give him all, money will come back more than i give to him. This will not happen so he will tell me you don't pray, so he will tell you please give me money that i can pray for you that it will be happen..........
Re: Which Of These Has More Blessing, To Give To Your Pastor Or Your Parents? by PastorKun(m): 2:28pm On May 12, 2013
It is very clear form scriptures that giving to one's parents and taking care of one's family comes before giving to the church. Any pastor that teaches otherswise is a rogue and you should flee from him. The scriptures below should shed more light on the bible's position on this.

Matthew 15:3-9

3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’ 5 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’ 6 they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

8 “‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
9 They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.

From the above passage it is clear from the words of the master himself that preachers who teach that you priotise giving to God through their church instead of your family are clearly teaching against the word of God and instead are teaching their own invented rules.

1 Timothy 5:8
8 Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

The above passage also makes it very clear that as christians we have a very big responsibility to take care of our family members, it makes it mandatory for us to provide from them however there is no christian teaching that makes it mandatory to give in churches though it is encouraged. so from this passage we can also conclude that giving to one's parents takes precedence before giving to church or your pastor.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Christian Ladies Dress Decently In The North..why? / Do You Think This Doctrine is right In Church? / Christians, Are You Preparing To Give Out Your First Fruits?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.