Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,379 members, 7,881,361 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:46 PM

Pictures From World Economic Forum In South-Africa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures From World Economic Forum In South-Africa (9043 Views)

Tony Blair At The Nigerian Governor's Forum In Abuja - Photos / Ghana’s President Hurls Insults At Obasanjo At African Forum In London-bloomberg / VP Osinbajo Leads Nigerian Delegation To World Economic Forum In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Pictures From World Economic Forum In South-Africa by livethinme: 11:29pm On May 13, 2013
Rossikk:

There was no shortage of such personnel in the Nigerian delegation. It's not as if they had to remove a prof or economist in order to let Peter Okoye in! You do not know the exact role played by PSquare, or the thinking behind their invitation. And have made no inquiry. All you've seen is a picture, and seen their faces at the summit and thought, ''they shouldn't be there, they're musicians''. Stop thinking like a programmed ROBOT.

How isn't she? What ''qualifications'' are required?

You only see ''mediocrity'' in it because you see the name Nigeria attached to it. If the Americans had done the same thing and won global plaudits for their 'inclusiveness' etc, you would be here drooling over them. It's Nigeria so you think you can talk down at us. Aren't you smarter and wiser than the rest of us combined including our 'clueless govt'?

Is the UN also ''clueless and medicocre'' in appointing actress Angelina Jolie as its goodwill ambassador? She even attends G8 summits and pallies with world leaders:

http://news.sky.com/story/1076845/angelina-jolie-joins-hague-at-g8-in-london

If she can do stuff like this (ie extend US cultural hegemony), why can't P Square do the same on behalf of Nigeria?

If the US doid the same thing, I would also disagree with it. I would have said Obama's crase don ripe...

Thats why I said, can you imagine Jay Z being part of an economic delegation to some forum? Of course not, and it is right like that.

Why should Kelly Rowland be a voice for young people? I'm quite confused at that statement. If you're just going to pick random celebs, what about..mhm I dunno Justin Bieber?..Actually, he would even be better than Rowland.

Theres no 'talking down' involved here; the Nigerian government sent a musician as an economic representative to a World Economic forum and you are trying to defend this stupidity by the government.

I don't really agree with the hiring of celebs by the UN. However, they are good in some capacity, namely in creating awareness of various causes. Some charities use celebrities to propagate a message; the Red Cross used some Youtube star to promote the idea of first aid.
However, this is an economic forum meant to discuss economic policy and trade between various African country. Psquare should NOT be there as a representative of the Nigerian government and economy. If you want to have a representative from the entertainment industry, it should be someone who can discuss the impact of governmental policy on the entertainment industry. I suspect that Psquare cannot do this.

But carry on spouting rubbish.
Re: Pictures From World Economic Forum In South-Africa by livethinme: 11:30pm On May 13, 2013
na U go tire:

Before you begin ask this your yeye questions, make I tell you that artists, musicians included, dey carry body follow US and western world heads of government on business trips. So naija no go be the first. Musicians too have money to invest and some of the foreign business people being courted fit get interest in music industry for naija. Who else go be the best spokes person for the sector if not the artist?

Source?
Re: Pictures From World Economic Forum In South-Africa by manosteel(m): 4:21am On May 14, 2013
HNosegbe: Men!!! Didn't know Aunty Ngozi had such white hair! shocked
Nigeria economy issues is enough to make any stake holder grow gray hair.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Malami Warns Judges, Lawyers Says Justice Not For Sale To Highest Bidders / Magodo Estate Invasion: Reps Summon IGP, Malami / Gej And All Fec Members To Donate 30% Of Their Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.