Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,151 members, 7,890,879 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:49 PM

Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar (16737 Views)

Okagbare Clinches Third Position IAAF Diamond League Zurich / Okagbare Jumps 7.04m To Win Diamond League In Monaco / Okagbare Wins 200M In London Diamond League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by olapluto(m): 1:14am On May 14, 2013
The day Nigeria scared America in Atlanta! This is perhaps the best 4x400m Nigerian women her run. The team was superb!Falilat Ogunkoya was a lioness in the last leg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VcOkBouHr0
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Nobody: 1:15am On May 14, 2013
ola_pluto: The day Nigeria scared America in Atlanta! This is perhaps the best 4x400m Nigerian women her run. The team was superb!Falilat Ogunkoya was a lioness in the last leg.

That race still gives me chills! the first time I viewed it on youtube, I was stunned; Naija almost took the gold!
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by olapluto(m): 1:23am On May 14, 2013
CFCfan:
That race still gives me chills! the first time I viewed it on youtube, I was stunned; Naija almost took the gold!
I tell you! I respect Falilat Ogunkoya anyday. If not for the home crowd, America was dusted.
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Afam4eva(m): 1:23am On May 14, 2013
ola_pluto: The day Nigeria scared America in Atlanta! This is perhaps the best 4x400m Nigerian women her run. The team was superb!Falilat Ogunkoya was a lioness in the last leg.

WOW! Nigerian almost won it there. It was the girl that ran the 3rd lap that spoiled it for us but Ogunkoya almost regained the lead to win it.
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Nobody: 1:25am On May 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
WOW! Nigerian almost won it there. It was the girl that ran the 3rd lap that spoiled it for us but Ogunkoya almost regained the lead to win it.

Yep, Charity Okpara cost us the gold. She ran a 50.6 sec split, while the American Graham, ran 49 secs. That, i think, was the difference.
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by jasper7(m): 1:26am On May 14, 2013
CFCfan:

She is that good! I tell you, the Africa 100m record will soon be broken.
Obviously. Cant wait for her to do it abeg. would make complete sense
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Nobody: 1:27am On May 14, 2013
jasper7:
Obviously. Cant wait for her to do it abeg. would make complete sense
I hope she does it either in Shanghai or in Moscow.
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Afam4eva(m): 1:27am On May 14, 2013
Now i see why Falilat Ogunkoya is always been mentioned in Nigeria. Before now, i was always thinking she was been hyped and stuff.
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Nobody: 1:30am On May 14, 2013
Afam4eva: Now i see why Falilat Ogunkoya is always been mentioned in Nigeria. Before now, i was always thinking she was been hyped and stuff.

Afam, she is amongst the best ever quarter-milers that Nigeria has produced.

But watch out for Regina George. She is a young, up-and-coming 400m runner, who qualified for the 400m final last year in London.
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by jasper7(m): 1:51am On May 14, 2013
CFCfan:
that third runner for Nigeria was too damn slow. she allowed the americans to close up on her in her lap. I can remember watching this race in 96. But now i re-watched it, it just reminded me of how angry I was in 17 years ago
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Nobody: 1:53am On May 14, 2013
jasper7:
that third runner for Nigeria was too damn slow. she allowed the americans to close up on her in her lap. I can remember watching this race in 96. But now i re-watched it, it just reminded me of how angry I was in 17 years ago
I was 8 years old then cool
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Afam4eva(m): 1:55am On May 14, 2013
CFCfan:
I was 8 years old then cool
lol
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by nijanigga: 1:57am On May 14, 2013
Afam4eva: If Okagbare was an American, Jamaican or from any well developed country, she would have been the toast of the world. We have world-class athletes but no world class facilities, administrators and coaches. So, why we aim to build our athletes, we must also develop other areas.
Rational people don't see Nigeria as country.
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Nobody: 1:57am On May 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
lol

I be 'small' boy sha.
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Nobody: 1:59am On May 14, 2013
nijanigga:
Rational people don't see Nigeria as country.
I'm sorry to say, but that is partially true embarassed

But with Nike's sponsorship, and Mr. Smith's coaching, the sky is the limit for her.
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by nijanigga: 1:59am On May 14, 2013
CFCfan:

Yep, Charity Okpara cost us the gold. She ran a 50.6 sec split, while the American Graham, ran 49 secs. That, i think, was the difference.
Difference? the real difference is that Nigeria is retrogressing in development but progressing in corruption and boko haram will take over the country.
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Nobody: 2:01am On May 14, 2013
nijanigga:
Difference? the real difference is that Nigeria is retrogressing in development but progressing in corruption and boko haram will take over the country.
it's true Naija is retrogressing in some areas, but I believe some of our athletes will do well in future competitions.
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by nijanigga: 2:08am On May 14, 2013
CFCfan:
it's true Naija is retrogressing in some areas, but I believe some of our athletes will do well in future competitions.
You sound like person eating from the future. I should ask you like they did in London 2012? I dey laugh oh! When corruption takes over the place oh boy the country is doomed.
How many medals do you think Nigeria will win in brazil 2016 if Nigeria still exists?

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Nobody: 2:14am On May 14, 2013
nijanigga:
You sound like person eating from the future. I should ask you like they did in London 2012? I dey laugh oh! When corruption takes over the place oh boy the country is doomed.
How many medals do you think Nigeria will win in Brazil 2016 if Nigeria still exists?

I'm not sure, but the London failure may be a useful lesson to the NOC. Heck, no West African nation won medals in London.

I recall that Nigeria didn't win a single medal at the Seoul 1988 Olympics, but won 3 medals at Barcelona 1992.
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Afam4eva(m): 2:17am On May 14, 2013
CFCfan:

I'm not sure, but the London failure may be a useful lesson to the NOC. Heck, no West African nation won medals in London.

I recall that Nigeria didn't win a single medal at the Seoul 1988 Olympics, but won 3 medals at Barcelona 1992.
Nigeria is not just any West African nation. This is not football we're talking about. Most west African nations except Nigeria and maybe Ghana don't do well in athletics.

I understand that you're an idealist but realistically, things cannot only get worse. These days we only count on luck.

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Nobody: 2:21am On May 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
Nigeria is not just any West African nation. This is not football we're talking about. Most west African nations except Nigeria and maybe Ghana don't do well in athletics.

I understand that you're an idealist but realistically, things cannot only get worse. These days we only count on luck.

You are actually right. Nigeria should be setting the pace.
That's why only those passionate about sports should be heading Nigerian sports federations!
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by nijanigga: 2:31am On May 14, 2013
CFCfan:

If Nigerians learn from the past Nigeria would have been a super-power today. Now on the barcelona medals, I think Nigeria was better off in 1992 then where we are today,you can smell corruption everywhere and people are pretending as if everything is ok. And don't compare Nigeria with other west-african nation.You're the few people asserting that Nigeria is the "giant" of africa, I guess giant in corruption.

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Nobody: 2:42am On May 14, 2013
Blessing

Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Diasporan(m): 2:52am On May 14, 2013
CFCfan: Blessing
Yeh that is the future of Naija Athletics.But its good the younger generation are raised by the system if not Nigeria might be like Mozambique that went sleeping after the queen of 800 meters Mary Mutola retired
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Nobody: 3:01am On May 14, 2013
Diasporan:
Yeh that is the future of Naija Athletics.But its good the younger generation are raised by the system if not Nigeria might be like Mozambique that went sleeping after the queen of 800 meters Mary Mutola retired

Correct. Younger athletes should be groomed by the AFN
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by TolaniLuv: 4:36am On May 14, 2013
CFCfan: Blessing

Bro, you need to come area today oo, con buy boyz beersmiley Ur post made it to front page! Worth celebrating nah
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Jidefido(m): 4:49am On May 14, 2013
tglobal: @OP. am not sure this record will be ratified as a new african record as it was wind assisted at 2.2m/s. Good performance though

Pls I need more clarity on wat u min by wind assisted at 2.2m/s(wats dis by d way?) How come it doesn't beat Ajunwa's record? Will appreciate ur reply.we learn everyday
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by sniperwolf(m): 5:42am On May 14, 2013
Sporting activities are dead in Nigeria because lack of facilities to enhance the physical performance of her athletics.
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by philogos4: 5:43am On May 14, 2013
smiley[b][/b]That's if she keeps fitting[color
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Nobody: 5:48am On May 14, 2013
Jide fido:

Pls I need more clarity on wat u min by wind assisted at 2.2m/s(wats dis by d way?) How come it doesn't beat Ajunwa's record? Will appreciate ur reply.we learn everyday

the 2.2m/s is the tail wind (wind pushing the athletes). According to the IAAF, any 'record' that was created by tail wind higher than 2m/s won't be recognized or made official. hence, Ajunwa's 7.12m still stands as the African record.
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Nobody: 5:49am On May 14, 2013
TolaniLuv:

Bro, you need to come area today oo, con buy boyz beersmiley Ur post made it to front page! Worth celebrating nah
LOL. At least 5 other threads of mine had made the front page in the past cool
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Onasa22: 6:30am On May 14, 2013
Congrat Babygirl! The Urhobo's are proud of u! U're really "complete" as d meaning of ur name. Up Delta! Up Nigeria!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bayern Munich Beat Mexican Club, Tigres To Win The FIFA Club World Cup / Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board / Paul Onuachu Scores 4 Goals As Genk Defeats Sporting Charleroi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.