Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,609 members, 7,944,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:48 AM

The Missing Second Commandment: - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Missing Second Commandment: (4119 Views)

[picture] The 6th Commandment Is Inconclusive And Cannot Be Defined / (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded / Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Missing Second Commandment: by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:01pm On Apr 24, 2008
~Lady~:

Make sure you go through the list yourself. The FACT that you pointed out the Catholics should let you know that you are judgmental and you have just played the role of God. Seriously man. Who told you I worship anyone but God? Your own intellect? Who told you that you aren't wrong?
The audacity you have. When you become the perfect human being then can you open your mouth and speak to me or any other person in the world. How hypocritical of you. If you can point out that you haven't disobeyed the ten commandments IN YOUR LIFE, then you can address this to me. Until then hold your peace.

I had definitely broken the decalogue.  By going through them is as if we are looking at the mirror, it reveals how the standard of God's righteousness is far from what we are. Romans 3:23 says "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God"  The Law reveals how we have come short of the glory of God.  We are already condemned If we have broken the law.  John 3:18  It was because of the love of God that I directed this message to you and imhotep, I meant to direct it to everybody but you know that directing it to everybody would mean nobody would eventually answer it.

I really appreciate your sincerity in answering the questions, you seem to be a sincere person but many sincere people can be sincerely wrong.  I also congratulate you on your narrow escape in your recent car crash, this proves that God really loves and cares for you.
This tells us that a person can die at anytime, and the scriptures says that "it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment". Hebrews 9:27

If you had died in that car crash (God forbid) you would have faced the righteous judge and seen the other face of God - No mercy.  As a God of justice He had to see that justice was done.  An illustration to drive this point home is if someone murdered the mother you so loved (God forbid) and the murderer was brought to court before a very good judge.  If the murderer admitted that he was guilty and that he pleaded for mercy, you would not be happy with the judge if he let him go on the basis of forgiveness and mercy.  That judge must see that justice is done according to the law.  God being a righteous judge will have to satisfy the law that says "the wages of sin is death" Romans 6:23

God's solution to this 'dilema' was to send His only begotten Son Jesus Christ to die in our place.  "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"  John 3:16.  An illustration of this is if you as a judge presiding over a court case and you are to decide the sentencing of a friend or relative who is found guilty of an offense of which the penalty is $10,000 or he goes to jail.  If that relative or friend does not have the money a way you can help him out is by paying his fine.  You satisfied the law by paying his fine.  Jesus paid our fine of the law we broke by His blood, not by church affliation, nor by water baptism, nor by confession to a priest.

Our response while we are still alive in this world is to receive His free gift.  Rom.6:23; John 1:12.  Our sins can only be forgiven on the basis of His blood that was shed.  The story of a popular musician Lionel Richie who gave a birthday present to his dad will come in handy.  The gift was wrapped up with many layers and it took time for the dad to get to the bottom of it and when he did it was only a piece of paper with the phrase "All your debts are paid"  This included his mortgage, car loans etc.  Jesus has given us a cheque with the words written "All your debts are paid"  He paid with His blood and if you trust Him as you will trust a parachute and receive Him as your Saviour and Lord and repent from every known sin, you shall be saved.
Re: The Missing Second Commandment: by Witness(m): 3:25pm On Apr 24, 2008
Men i must say that i have really become weary of trying to dissuade unwilling individuals (imhotep, Olabowale, Babs787 et al), despite that people within and outside catholism/i.s.l.a.m knowingly or unknowingly reveal the lies and idolatory of catholism/i.s.l.a.m for everyone to see,

its sad that just like the bible makes is clear , "Some people are just simply lost",

E.g. it took a talking donkey to at least open the eyes of that infamous prophet of God in the Balaam and Balak case,

Only God knows what has to be done to open the eyes of imhotep and co ,

My believe is that a time would come, when they, Imhotep, Babs787, Olabowale et al, would seek to know the truth but would simply not be able to!
Re: The Missing Second Commandment: by Lady2(f): 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2008
If you had died in that car crash (God forbid) you would have faced the righteous judge and seen the other face of God - No mercy

Dear God please have forgiveness on Olaadegbu, for he has played your role and delievered judgement on my soul. Lord it seems he knows where I am headed when I die.

May God have mercy on your soul for the judgement that you have passed on me. May God have mercy on your soul for your insensitivity to my issue. May God have mercy on your soul for your sins.

I am not even surprised. I've been telling you all along and now u seem to know where I will be when I die. May God truly have mercy on your soul.

If you had died in that car crash (God forbid) you would have faced the righteous judge and seen the other face of God - No mercy. As a God of justice He had to see that justice was done. An illustration to drive this point home is if someone murdered the mother you so loved (God forbid) and the murderer was brought to court before a very good judge. If the murderer admitted that he was guilty and that he pleaded for mercy, you would not be happy with the judge if he let him go on the basis of forgiveness and mercy. That judge must see that justice is done according to the law. God being a righteous judge will have to satisfy the law that says "the wages of sin is death" Romans 6:23

God's solution to this 'dilema' was to send His only begotten Son Jesus Christ to die in our place. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life" John 3:16. An illustration of this is if you as a judge presiding over a court case and you are to decide the sentencing of a friend or relative who is found guilty of an offense of which the penalty is $10,000 or he goes to jail. If that relative or friend does not have the money a way you can help him out is by paying his fine. You satisfied the law by paying his fine. Jesus paid our fine of the law we broke by His blood, not by church affliation, nor by water baptism, nor by confession to a priest

All this is to show that I would go to hell when I die because I am a Catholic. If this is your way of winning souls to God. I will forever remain a Catholic. If you want jump off the river Niger, I will still be a Catholic.
If you like let it burn your spirits, I will still be a Catholic.
I worship God and ONLY God. You can stay blind if you want to.

You're so lucky you said this in a forum. If you were to say this to my face, I would slap you so hard, your great grandchildren would feel it.

"Some people are just simply lost",

you're the one that isn't lost, lol.
The worse thing a man can do to himself, is to deceive himself. lol

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Pastor Tries To Fly Like Angel To Jerusalem, Breaks Legs Before His Congregation / Reasons We Female Atheist Don't Come Out / What Would Happen To Cremated People On Judgment day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.