Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,026 members, 7,949,466 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 10:52 AM

2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno (38810 Views)

Thousands Return To Borno After Boko Haram Ouster / 5,000 Soldiers Involved In Fight Against Boko Haram Get Promotion / 50 Heavily Armed Soldiers Deployed To Nyesom Wike‘s Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by oshyno(m): 2:02pm On May 15, 2013
luvinhubby: If he runs, shoot.
If he mumbles, shoot.
If he screams, shoot.
If looks dirty with an unkept beard, shoot.
If he is doing above 80km/h, shoot.
If he speaks only hausa & no english (mercenary), aim for the skull,
If he looks like Buhari, shoot, grin
Shoot first & ask questions later.

Guy u don mad ghan. U got me cracking dat I had to post dis on my fb wall.Daz d way doz guy will know d game is up

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by firetrap(m): 2:03pm On May 15, 2013
seunny4lif: Na true ooh

@yeboyes I'm sorry if my earlier comment came of as an insult to you. I didn't intend it to once again I'm sorry. But back to the topic; I believe the military should stick to a weapon that is known to the soldiers but a more modern version of it. With that said I give you the AK 12

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Theben(m): 2:07pm On May 15, 2013
Any Nairalander in Maiduguri to relay to us what is going on over there?
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by yeboyes: 2:10pm On May 15, 2013
mistiff007: Just one APACHE AH-64 is enough to tackle the operation,but clueles leaders r dump like an ashtray.

To the best of my knowledge we do not have Apaches and a single helicopter can not sort out Boko haram. Like some pointed out earlier , intelligence is important.We need to have someone feeding us information about the plans of boko before we strike.These guys are going in blindly with limited intelligence. I forsee a blood bath on both sides if adequate care is not taken.

If i were in the shoes of the Military intelligence officer at this late state i will just employ the use of small spy drone.There are some spy drone which are small but have a long range and are very quiet.The spy drone can perform forward Reconnaissance tasks by flying over volatile areas,recording video and taking pictures.This spy drones cost anything from $150 to $2 million each and are used by many Militaries today.

Let me show you a video of what a spy drone can do:

http://www.youtube.com/user/aceflyernz/featured?v=5VZRpImpdcg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-c7k8Vj_zw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjBOEBn2_mY
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by firetrap(m): 2:13pm On May 15, 2013
AK 12 with drum magazine

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 15, 2013
yeboyes:

[b]You know the problem with some of the bloggers here,they have blind patriotism.I am a naija born, foreign trained operator.I love my country but i don't dable in tomfoolery. The Nigerian Army in it's current state can not fight many countries.

We have the money to make our boys the best but years of corruption ruined that and now we are playing catch up.Do you know that our navy just established a navy commando unit in 2005 or was 2006 ? They call them special boat services ,i mean what a stupid name? In the Us they are called seals but we name our own special boat services It shows you that those in charge of our Military are clueless. How can you name a set of naval special forces unit "special boat services"? The name does not even go with the function of the unit.

It is the same way government buildings in Nigeria are built to look like Islamic or Arabic symbols. Talk about a bunch of donkeys running the country! Aso rock looks like a huge mosque and so does the senate buildings. We have lost the plot completely and unless competent people are brought back into leadership we will remain at this level, incompetent , dumb and useless.

Take a look at India Army, those guys know what they are about. Their Government is shelling money on their military like crazy. They even partnered with Russia on the Su 50 PAK FA 5th generation fighter jet programme. This means that in about 3 years India will have one of the best fighter jets in the world that can take on any fighter jet even from USA. The Indians have intelligent leaders who understand the importance of the well-equipped military.

Iran today can give USA the middle finger because they are well armed and are about to become a nuclear power. Nigeria on the hand is accepted a world war 2 navy ship from USA as a gift, in order words the US military sees Nigeria as a dumping ground for outdated hardware. We have useless leader and useless military leader finish and klaar!

All these people who are making noise have forgotten that common Cameroon use our nose blow trumpet for bakassi and our soldiers ran for dear life,abi i lie.I have got nothing against the soldier but i am not happy with the security chiefs.We should be number one in Africa with all the money we make but we are not[/b]

10000likes

Bro., you need to understand that most Nigerians are hicks who can't reason beyond their village mentality and a few crap they saw on TV... grin

Don't waste your energy on them - just mess about with them like I do on the forum... wink

Monkey see, monkey do = Nigerians... grin grin grin

Just imagine these numbnuts celebrating the deployment of 2,000 troops to an area of about 150,000km²...Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

What a country!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by firetrap(m): 2:18pm On May 15, 2013
yeboyes:

To the best of my knowledge we do not have Apaches and a single helicopter can not sort out Boko haram. Like some pointed out earlier , intelligence is important.We need to have someone feeding us information about the plans of boko before we strike.These guys are going in blindly with limited intelligence. I forsee a blood bath on both sides if adequate care is not taken.

If i were in the shoes of the Military intelligence officer at this late state i will just employ the use of small spy drone.There are some spy drone which are small but have a long range and are very quiet.The spy drone can perform forward Reconnaissance tasks by flying over volatile areas,recording video and taking pictures.This spy drones cost anything from $150 to $2 million each and are used by many Militaries today.

Let me show you a video of what a spy drone can do:

http://www.youtube.com/user/aceflyernz/featured?v=5VZRpImpdcg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-c7k8Vj_zw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjBOEBn2_mY

To the best of my knowledge, the Nigerian air force developed a bunch of drones sometimes last year. They are called amebo drones and from the name its safe to say that they are reconnaissance drones. And I heard awhile ago that they have already been deployed to those restive areas
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by yeboyes: 2:20pm On May 15, 2013
firetrap:

@yeboyes I'm sorry if my earlier comment came of as an insult to you. I didn't intend it to once again I'm sorry. But back to the topic; I believe the military should stick to a weapon that is known to the soldiers but a more modern version of it. With that said I give you the AK 12

No worries brother.My critism of the Nigerian Army is not because i hate our army but because i love our army.I don't want our personnel dying while some fat general is drinking larger beer in the comfort of his home.Our boys and girls must be given the best hardware so that they chances of not getting killed is higher.These soldiers put the lives on the line for all of us so they must be treated like our brothers and sisters not some disposable thing.

I am of the Opinion that the Nigerian Military personnel should form a union to ask for better wages and better weapons.I love that Ak you displayed ,especially because it has a lot of useful accessories. Are these being used by the Nigerian army yet?
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by crisycent: 2:21pm On May 15, 2013
Face mask inside 9ja hot sun? grin grin grin grin
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by firetrap(m): 2:26pm On May 15, 2013
yeboyes:

No worries brother.My critism of the Nigerian Army is not because i hate our army but because i love our army.I don't want our personnel dying while some fat general is drinking larger beer in the comfort of his home.Our boys and girls must be given the best hardware so that they chances of not getting killed is higher.These soldiers put the lives on the line for all of us so they must be treated like our brothers and sisters not some disposable thing.

I am of the Opinion that the Nigerian Military personnel should form a union to ask for better wages and better weapons.I love that Ak you displayed ,especially because it has a lot of useful accessories. Are these being used by the Nigerian army yet?

No they're not in service yet within the armed forces but knowing how good we are at getting AK variants I wouldn't be surprised if I see this before the end of this year.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by yeboyes: 2:28pm On May 15, 2013
firetrap:

To the best of my knowledge, the Nigerian air force developed a bunch of drones sometimes last year. They are called amebo drones and from the name its safe to say that they are reconnaissance drones. And I heard awhile ago that they have already been deployed to those restive areas

Oh yes i remember that,i hope they use it now because i want our personnel to have the upper hand and kick these Boko mofos to the ground.By the way i was on Beeagles blog now and he showed a picture of our Airforce personnel sporting the Tavor rifle.This is another bad ass rifle grin

Do you agree though that gun scopes should be made available for personnel weapons especially the aks? I mean don't you think that will help with accuracy?

Let me share the picture of a brand new AK with scope:

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by firetrap(m): 2:33pm On May 15, 2013
yeboyes:

Oh yes i remember that,i hope they use it now because i want our personnel to have the upper hand and kick these Boko mofos to the ground.By the way i was on Beeagles blog now and he showed a picture of our Airforce personnel sporting the Tavor rifle.This is another bad ass rifle grin

Do you agree though that gun scopes should be made available for personnel weapons especially the aks? I mean don't you think that will help with accuracy?

Let me share the picture of a brand new AK with scope:

Yeah the air force quick response group (QRG) and also Navy Special Boat Service (SBS) and the SSS weild tavors. I can't go a day without visiting beegeagles blog. I'm there like 10 or more times a day
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by imperiouxx(m): 2:34pm On May 15, 2013
@yeboyes and firetrap,

You guys are two MATURE individuals. Trashed out misunderstanding just as simple as that. kiss
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by yeboyes: 2:35pm On May 15, 2013
Check out the Russian president testing the Ak 12. I won't lie ,i have no experience with the AK 12.I will check with the guys at my local shooting range to see if anyone has one.It does look like a very sweet weapon.

If not for the cartridge i won't realize it is an AK.They changed a lot ,like the stock ,the wood barrel cover e.t.c.It looks mean!

Dont mind me i am gun crazy grin
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by tallceejay(m): 2:38pm On May 15, 2013
Emmadani: its a pity that d most populous black nation wit ova 170m pple has only 62,000 troops.Whr a country like egypt,ethiopia,drc congo n angolo av about 350,000,200,000,150,000 and 101,000 troops respectively,n non of dis countries has a treble million pple like nigeria...But number of troops is not realy d case,sum of our equipment is poor n outdated,al d money govt av stolen 4rm dis country is enough to provide our military with quality armour n equipment,technology(n change wit stil remain)-do nigeria even av a SAS(special air service,like in the britian)...?Not to talk of well trained military personel...A country like 9ja wil neva risk 10m naira just to train 1 army man.....I watched 1 american military movie,1st of its kind to feature MEND in an international movie...Whr an arab militancy group leader told his gangs that d britain govt spent about 60b pounds to train just 2 army men they wanted to attack.He said dose two guys are not humans but MACHINES...Imagine.Look at the risk,60b pounds to train just 2 army personel,even if it was a movie i stil beleive country like us or britian can spend dat amount on soldiers....God help nigeria.Any way i wish dem success,bring down bh 4 us.Bless
[quote][/quote] it doesn't always the same way buddy
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by firetrap(m): 2:38pm On May 15, 2013
I believe scopes should be made a standard in all branches of the armed forces
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by firetrap(m): 2:42pm On May 15, 2013
yeboyes: Check out the Russian president testing the Ak 12. I won't lie ,i have no experience with the AK 12.I will check with the guys at my local shooting range to see if anyone has one.It does look like a very sweet weapon.

If not for the cartridge i won't realize it is an AK.They change a lot of this like th stock ,the wood barrel cover e.t.c.It looks mean!

Dont mind me i am gun crazy grin

Gun crazy u say, I'm gun nuts and can't wait for it to be legalized in Nigeria. People at your gun range may also not have much experience with it. Its not a very common weapon. It was mainly designed after the shotgun version of the AK which is the Saiga 12
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 15, 2013
splashbaby: US Boston Marathon bombing: 2 killed and more than 6000 officers deployed. Nigeria Boko Haram bombing so far: Over 4000 killed and 2000 officers deployed plus probably another 2000 already on ground making 4000. GEJ is a joke
i'll pretend i did not read this. else i would break nairaland's 21 rules with just one post. u need a pschiatrist
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by tallceejay(m): 2:59pm On May 15, 2013
I get pretty upset when people just make criticisms that r not constructive! Nigerians r quick to condenm and look for loop holes and hope a govt proposal fails and be d first to say "I said it". If you are making contributions,make dem constructive...else you are not any different from the same leaders we wanna crucify!
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by yeboyes: 3:01pm On May 15, 2013
firetrap:

Yeah the air force quick response group (QRG) and also Navy Special Boat Service (SBS) and the SSS weild tavors. I can't go a day without visiting beegeagles blog. I'm there like 10 or more times a day

QRG "quick response group" is a nice name but i am not feeling the name SBS. I would have gone for something like Navy "Special Marine Force" (SMF) or "Special Assault Force" SAF. Anyway that is just me!

The Tavors don't come cheap though do they? I see some listed here for here:

http://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/iwi-us/tsfd16-tavor-sar-bullpup-rifle-5.56mm-16.5in-30rd-fde/
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by yeboyes: 3:08pm On May 15, 2013
firetrap:

Gun crazy u say, I'm gun nuts and can't wait for it to be legalized in Nigeria. People at your gun range may also not have much experience with it. Its not a very common weapon. It was mainly designed after the shotgun version of the AK which is the Saiga 12

Do you think they will ever legalize it in Nigeria? I wish they would because our people need to learn self defense so they can take on all these yeye armed robbers and kidnappers.If they legalize i will open a shooting range sharp ,sharp in Nigeria.Just imagine how much money you will make from such a business grin . before you know guns will become fashion accessories and guy like wizkid will be posing with their rifles on their twitter page.You know our people now! wink

I did a bit of research and i see that the Ak 12 is actually a brand new weapon and only a few privileged people have actually had the honor of test firing it.The Russian army will take delivery of it this year
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by papaejima1: 3:13pm On May 15, 2013
splashbaby: US Boston Marathon bombing: 2 killed and more than 6000 officers deployed. Nigeria Boko Haram bombing so far: Over 4000 killed and 2000 officers deployed plus probably another 2000 already on ground making 4000. GEJ is a joke

You can Join the Military to help boost their numbers. Haven't you heard of Voluntary participation before?
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by yeboyes: 3:14pm On May 15, 2013
firetrap:

Check out this video of the AK 12,they have corrected the accuracy problems of the old AK. Sweeet! I bet the Americans are angry grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRSYOIS0wOs
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Marotzke(m): 3:16pm On May 15, 2013
[quote author=berem]I will advise Southerners living in these affected areas to come back home. I wonder whay they are still doing there [/quoteThe last 2m I sent home for accommodation and rent was embezzled by my maternal uncle and cousin. No house, no office. I wonder what kind of life we are going to live when fraud is visited upon us from the begining.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by firetrap(m): 3:19pm On May 15, 2013
yeboyes:

Do you think they will ever legalize it in Nigeria? I wish they would because our people need to learn self defense so they can take on all these yeye armed robbers and kidnappers.If they legalize i will open a shooting range sharp ,sharp in Nigeria.Just imagine how much money you will make from such a business grin . before you know guns will become fashion accessories and guy like wizkid will be posing with their rifles on their twitter page.You know our people now! wink

I did a bit of research and i see that the Ak 12 is actually a brand new weapon and only a few privileged people have actually had the honor of test firing it.The Russian army will take delivery of it this year

The tavor you linked to is a civilian variant, the military version comes standard with scopes and is a fully automatic select fire rifle while the civilian variant is strictly semi automatic. It would be a welcome idea to be able to buy and carry weapons in nigeria other than shotguns but i must say that the priviledge will be abused by people in political office as a means to fund and maintain small armies
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by auwal87(m): 3:21pm On May 15, 2013
The majority of posters here qualifies to be far more worst than BH members, words like "kill them all", "finish them all", "burn their mosques and islamic schools" etc etc. These words are coming from the so called "civilised people of Nigeria" and they are wannabe presidents, governors, senators, reps, ministers, etc. I pity this country as much as I pity those inciting the above words, as they have shown how cruel and barbaric they can be if given the chance, imagine if some of them are among the military deployed to Borno or Yobe. I am so so disappointed with the so called "civilised people of Nigeria".
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by firetrap(m): 3:23pm On May 15, 2013
yeboyes:

Yes its in its final stage of testing with the Russian armed forces. It has already been issued to some of their special troops like spetznas
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Cutekid54: 3:43pm On May 15, 2013
shymexx:

Only sensible comment on the thread.

He just sent 2,000 suicidal soldiers to fight against ghosts.

I doubt 50,000 soldiers can effectively stop the menace in those 3 states. Bornu state alone is bigger the SS combined. Apparently BH controls 27 out of the 28 LGAs in Bornu despite the mini-martial law that has been there for like 2 years.

Politics as usual and blind sheeple. undecided
do u know d meaning of State Of Emergency @ all?, no coming in no going out, d@ w@ it means, nw tell me How BH boiz ll relocate?, @ topic, i guess d Chief od staffs shudda deployed 2,000 soldiers each to dos states
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by jujukemist(m): 3:45pm On May 15, 2013
[b][/b][size=8pt][/size] yeboyes and firetrap kudos to you guys. Am impressed cool I am a military Chemist with deep interest in military operations and production and use of explosives. Tell magazine july 29th 2002, page 18. I was at the Defence Idustires corporation of Nigeria DICON in Kaduna for 5years before a dump ass Army General with no comba experience came as the DG and terminated my appointment, because I disagreed with him on many issues, including the fact that he was cutting down trees that acted as cover over our ammo storage underground bunkers. Painfully he gave his wife sister the contract, so she can sell the wood as firewood.
I am in court, so thats by the way.
I am privelage to grew up in Borno state and got a degree in chemistry and i also lived in the military barracks. I know baga, bama, the lake chad and damasak. I was about starting my own operations on how to utilise the men and logistics in securing victory for Nigeria in that zone.
Least I forget, I am a veteran of the Momur Gaddafi fall in Libya. I fought alongside the rebels from Bengazi to misrata to tripoli and then from the Nafusa mountains, you can verify all these via my twitter feed @paulthekemist.
I phosphated the first ever copy Ak 47 produce in Nigeria,even though the useless General gave me a query for telling them we dont need to copy produce an Ak thats so cheap and so inaccurate. I was of the opinion that we should hybridized the Ak and the FN lAR which we have the license from the Belgians to produce.So why not take the FN accuracy and the Ak ruggedidty and from design stage produce our own super assault rifle.
Well lets get to the boarder job cool
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by greatdave(m): 3:46pm On May 15, 2013
Maiduguri...Shall I Begin?! #spartacuzthangz
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by cjrane: 3:51pm On May 15, 2013
2000 soldiers is too small. Those terrorists are in their thousands and have blended with the population.So more than 2000 soldiers would be needed for a surge of forces to work.They also need helicopter gunship support for the ground troops.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Cornel88(m): 3:58pm On May 15, 2013
Must we disappriciate anything that comes from GEJ? Can you suggest remedy for this matter? SMH.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

PDP North West Mega Rally (Live Photos) / Anger As 10 APC Governors Accompany Buhari To Daura For APC Registration / Soldiers Celebrate Independence In Borno On Streets Of Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.