Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,912 members, 7,890,019 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 07:30 AM

Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? (16323 Views)

Greece, Philosophy, And The Afrocentric Obsession With Ancient Egypt / Did West Africans Develop Cast Iron In Pre-colonial Times? / Afrocentric Examination Of Greek Philosophy - Stolen Legacy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Horus(m): 7:20pm On Aug 04, 2013

One of the rare Olmec heads without a helmet. We see the frizzy hair
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 05, 2013
Horus there is no connection btn the olmecs and egypt.
Those people were not and are not of African descent.
Those people were asians (DNA proves this) and furthermore thick lips is not just a "black trait". That man's hair was not fuzzy...its a direct replica of a hair cut many of their men wore and descendants still wear today.

2 Likes

Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 05, 2013
*Kails*:
Those people were asians (DNA proves this) and furthermore thick lips is not just a "black trait". That man's hair was not fuzzy...its a direct replica of a hair cut many of their men wore and descendants still wear today.

Agreed!
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Agreed!

wink wink
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by somalia11: 11:49pm On Aug 05, 2013
KidStranglehold: One misconception people have about Africans is that Africans never used ships and sailed from Africa whether its been for trade or discover. That could be put to rest, because East Africans such as the Swahili have used ships and sailing was one of their main practices(See my thread East African sailors/traders in Asia)
https://www.nairaland.com/1290580/east-african-sailors-traders-asia

Swahili people were able to sail to Arabia, India, Malaysia and even as far as China. Sailing was important among Muslim Africans and the Mali Empire was an Muslim empire. So the misconception about Africans not being able to sail is a false one, Africans such as the Swahili have soon to be master sailors.

Some Swahili ships...

Many West African kingdoms utilized the rivers, especially the Niger to establish economic and military power. West Africans mastered riverine travel very early and eventually developed seagoing ships that they used not only around the coastline but even to settle islands off the coast. The Bijagós Archipelago near the coast of Guinea-Bissau was settled very early long before European contact. All of this contradicts the widespread misconception that Africans never ventured into the seas. It also makes sense of the data you and others provided about Europeans contending with native West African naval fleets off the coasts.

those swahilis were arabs bro. they were the ones who went to india. arabs controlled all the way to zanzibar, an arab need to get here and educate you.

somalis had the largest and most ships in the muslim world for the longest time. smiley
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 06, 2013
somalia11:

those swahilis were arabs bro. they were the ones who went to india. arabs controlled all the way to zanzibar, an arab need to get here and educate you.

somalis had the largest and most ships in the muslim world for the longest time. smiley

Please stop with the nonsense and don't even get me started on the Swahili!!!

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/1354-ibnbattuta.asp

Ibn Battuta sails to Mombasa pp. 112-113.

I embarked at Maqdashaw [Mogadishu] for the Sawahil [Swahili] country, with the object of visiting the town of Kulwa [Kilwa, Quiloa] in the land of the Zanj.

We came to Mambasa [Mombasa], a large island two days' journey by sea from the Sawihil country. It possesses no territory on the mainland. They have fruit trees on the island, but no cereals, which have to be brought to them from the Sawahil. Their food consists chiefly of bananas and fish.The inhabitants are pious, honourable, and upright, and they have well-built wooden mosques.

Kulwa on the African mainland

We stayed one night in this island [Mombasa], and then pursued our journey to Kulwa, which is a large town on the coast. The majority of its inhabitants are Zanj, jet-black in colour, and with tattoo marks on their faces. I was told by a merchant that the town of Sufala lies a fortnight's journey [south] from Kulwa and that gold dust is brought to Sufala from Yufi in the country of the Limis, which is a month's journey distant from it. Kulwa is a very fine and substantially built town, and all its buildings are of wood. Its inhabitants are constantly engaged in military expeditions, for their country is contiguous to the heathen Zanj.

The sultan at the time of my visit was Abu'l-Muzaffar Hasan, who was noted for his gifts and generosity. He used to devote the fifth part of the booty made on his expeditions to pious and charitable purposes, as is prescribed in the Koran, and I have seen him give the clothes off his back to a mendicant who asked him for them. When this liberal and virtuous sultan died, he was succeeded by his brother Dawud, who was at the opposite pole from him in this respect. Whenever a petitioner came to him, he would say, "He who gave is dead, and left nothing behind him to be given." Visitors would stay at his court for months on end, and finally he would make them some small gift, so that at last people gave up going to his gate.

Also...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InkYI9Bvua8

By denying Africans any significant link with historic Swahili people, the Asiatic perspective implies that Africans per se had little to do if any with the evolution of historical towns in their own region. This contradicts sharply with records of ancient travellers and geographers who visited the East African coast and recent archaeological findings. For example, during his visit to Mombasa and Kilwa in 1331, Ibn Battuta, a famous Moroccan traveller, described Kilwa as a large city along the coast whose inhabitants were black meaning Africans (see Sutton, 1990:81). Ibn Battuta went even further to mentioning that the inhabitants had tattoos on their faces, a facial feature which is common in a number of Bantu speaking tribes including the Makonde who resides in the area around Tanzania and Mozambique border which is within very close proximity of Kilwa. Some Chinese descriptions of inhabitants of early settlements along the East African coast also indicate strongly that the inhabitants were Africans (see Allen, 1993:21-26).
Source:
http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/ancient-cities-and-kingdoms-of-the-east-african-coasts-the-black-swahilis/

HA!!!

This is NOT even all I have and btw....Zanj=African. smiley

Think before you post next time. Continuing this is only going to get worse for you.
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Horus(m): 1:06am On Aug 06, 2013
*Kails*:

In the video below, white archaeologists use the technique of facial reconstruction on the oldests bones founds in America, and guess what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwh4MWKEp8w

White Archaeologist Discover that first ANCIENT AMERICANS Were BLACK!
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 1:09am On Aug 06, 2013
The Ancient Americans were NOT black or related to Africans. Enough with the nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Horus(m): 1:19am On Aug 06, 2013
KidStranglehold: The Ancient Americans were NOT black or related to Africans. Enough with the nonsense.

In the video the white archaeologists dont care about what you think they just show you the evidence with science. Enough with YOUR nonsense. You dont even take your time to watch what was the result of their facial reconstruction on the oldests bones founds in America

1 Like

Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 1:29am On Aug 06, 2013
Horus:

In the video the white archaeologists dont care about what you think they just show you the evidence with science. Enough with YOUR nonsense. You dont even take your time to watch what was the result of their facial reconstruction on the oldests bones founds in America

No I already seen that video and a article which is the same thing. Lucia and the first Americans were said to come from Australia and Malaysia. The indigenous people of Australia and Malaysia have Negroid features but are genetically DISTANT from Africans.

The programme, Ancient Voices, shows that the dimensions of prehistoric skulls found in Brazil match those of the aboriginal peoples of Australia and Melanesia. Other evidence suggests that these first Americans were later massacred by invaders from Asia.
Source:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/430944.stm

Indigenous Malaysian:

(Looks exactly like the Lucia reconstruction)

You can say their black if it makes you feel better, but fact is that their genetically distant from Africans and do not originate from Africa.
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 1:30am On Aug 06, 2013
KidStranglehold: The Ancient Americans were NOT black or related to Africans. Enough with the nonsense.

THANK YOU!
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 1:33am On Aug 06, 2013
another POV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhfHEirV6gI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjZcwgvKZQw

lol its a done deal.
those people were not africans grin

i feel you and seti on black egypt...
i mean that's a NO BRAINIER tongue...but this one?
sorry buddy!!
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 1:34am On Aug 06, 2013
*Kails*:

THANK YOU!

Yep...What I'm stating is completely different. I'm not saying the early meso-Americans were African or that Africans colonized the Americas. All I was stating was the possibility of Africans reaching the new world based off historic records not only by Africans themselves by also non Africans. Again possibility...

1 Like

Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 06, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Yep...What I'm stating is completely different. I'm not saying the early meso-Americans were African or that Africans colonized the Americas. All I was stating was the possibility of Africans reaching the new world based off historic records not only by Africans themselves by also non Africans. Again possibility...

ok i get you. no problem!!
my bad for coming off like that.
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Horus(m): 1:40am On Aug 06, 2013
KidStranglehold:

You can say their black if it makes you feel better, but fact is that their genetically distant from Africans and do not originate from Africa.

I am not saying it, the white archaeologists say it. I dont deal with ego I deal with facts. Most people forget that there was only one continent before, one and unique mass of land before the continents separeted so there was no Australia no Africa no Europe no Asia no America, it was one and unique mass of land so you didnt need any boat to travel.

[img]http://whatonearth.olehnielsen.dk/plates/pangea_USGS.jpg[/img]
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 1:40am On Aug 06, 2013
*Kails*:

ok i get you. no problem!!
my bad for coming off like that.

Have you heard about African coins(Kilwa coins) being found in northern Australia?
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/25/world/africa/ancient-african-coins-history-australia
http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/journal/historians-baffled-by-ancient-african-coins-found-in-northern-territory.htm
http://www.news.com.au/technology/sci-tech/coins-found-in-northern-territory-may-rewrite-australian-history/story-fn5fsgyc-1226646189425

Right now as we type, archeological work is being done. Now this you SHOULD NOT DOUBT. The Swahili were VERY skilled sailors and sailed as far to China. I mean it shouldn't be surprising that they would have reached Australia...

But for right now we have to wait. And don't listen to Somalia11 nonsense about the Swahili being Arab. That is propaganda by the British colonialist to try to discredit the natives. When the Oman Sultan took over Zanzibar, the British used that to their advantage to say Arabs always controlled the coast and Arabs were responsible.

This video explains everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InkYI9Bvua8

Start at 28:49
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 1:47am On Aug 06, 2013
Horus:

I am not saying it, the white archaeologists say it. I dont deal with ego I deal with facts. Most people forget that there was only one continent before, one and unique mass of land before the continents separeted so there was no Australia no Africa no Europe no Asia no America, it was one and unique mass of land so you didnt need any boat to travel.

[img]http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~schlisch/103web/Pangeabreakup/pangea_simple.jpg[/img]

If a white archaeologist said Asians were pale skinned walking Caucasoid was responsible for the Mali empire would you believe it? Is that your argument? No facts are is that they state Lucia and the FIRST Americans came from Malaysia and Australia. Again...

The programme, Ancient Voices, shows that the dimensions of prehistoric[b] skulls found in Brazil match those of the aboriginal peoples of Australia and Melanesia.[/b] Other evidence suggests that these first Americans were later massacred by invaders from Asia.
Source:

They did NOT come from Africa. And that is a weak sauce argument with the continents being one. Dude...The continents separated LONG BEFORE there was even a human species. And I'm not even talking about modern humans such as homo sapiens but older humans like Homo Neanderthals,heidelbergensis,erectus,denisova,etc,etc.Weak sauce argument bro weak sauce.
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by birdman(m): 1:48am On Aug 06, 2013
KidStranglehold:

No I already seen that video and a article which is the same thing. Lucia and the first Americans were said to come from Australia and Malaysia. The indigenous people of Australia and Malaysia have Negroid features but are genetically DISTANT from Africans.

The programme, Ancient Voices, shows that the dimensions of prehistoric skulls found in Brazil match those of the aboriginal peoples of Australia and Melanesia. Other evidence suggests that these first Americans were later massacred by invaders from Asia.
Source:

Indigenous Malaysian:

(Looks exactly like the Lucia reconstruction)

Are they now? What exactly is your measure of genetic distance. The aborignal you just posted very obviously has African roots or did they just spring out of nowhere? You would need lots of mis-education to believe anything else. Melanin is the key. It has always been the differentiator. Not culture, not religion or shape. Its always been melanin.

Had to edit my post a bit...man no need for high blood pressure on the internets cheesy which of course is no use as the omnipresent horus has already quoted me

1 Like

Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Horus(m): 1:55am On Aug 06, 2013
birdman:

Are they now? What exactly is your measure of genetic distance. The aborignal you just posted very obviously has African roots or did they just spring out of nowhere? You would need lots of mis-education to believe anything else. I have no problem with reading up on experts, but for the love of God guys, learn to do some thinking for yourselves instead of waiting for others to affirm you, which they will rather never do

Very good point
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Horus(m): 1:58am On Aug 06, 2013
KidStranglehold:

If a white archaeologist said Asians were pale skinned walking Caucasoid was responsible for the Mali empire would you believe it? Is that your argument? No facts are is that they state Lucia and the FIRST Americans came from Malaysia and Australia. Again...

The programme, Ancient Voices, shows that the dimensions of prehistoric[b] skulls found in Brazil match those of the aboriginal peoples of Australia and Melanesia.[/b] Other evidence suggests that these first Americans were later massacred by invaders from Asia.
Source:

They did NOT come from Africa. And that is a weak sauce argument with the continents being one. Dude...The continents separated LONG BEFORE there was even a human species. And I'm not even talking about modern humans such as homo sapiens but older humans like Homo Neanderthals,heidelbergensis,erectus,denisova,etc,etc.Weak sauce argument bro weak sauce.

Not at all humans were there when continents separeted and I am not using arguments, arguing is a form of ignorance.
And no I dont look at the skin color of the scientist I look at facts only
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 2:06am On Aug 06, 2013
birdman:

Are they now? What exactly is your measure of genetic distance. The aborignal you just posted very obviously has African roots or did they just spring out of nowhere? You would need lots of mis-education to believe anything else. Melanin is the key. It has always been the differentiator. Not culture, not religion or shape. Its always been melanin.

Had to edit my post a bit...man no need for high blood pressure on the internets cheesy which of course is no use as the omnipresent horus has already quoted me

Everyone has African roots if you go back 60k years. Fact is Europeans are closer to modern day Africans than those Malaysians and Australian. That Malaysian girl does NOT have African roots since she is not from Africa. Her looks is just due to adaptation to environment. She is more related to neighboring Asians. Again Pacific Islanders(like Australian Aborigines) and indigenous Malaysians are genetically DISTANT from Africans, more distant than Europeans.

[img]http://abagond.files./2011/02/worldgenetics1.jpg?w=500&h=398[/img]

These Dominicans more African than that Malaysian girl will ever be.
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 2:08am On Aug 06, 2013
Horus:

Not at all humans were there when continents separeted and I am not using arguments, arguing is a form of ignorance.

Of course humans were not there because the human race didn't even exist yet!!! -__-

No facts prove you wrong which were repeatedly posted which you continue to ignore.

1 Like

Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by birdman(m): 2:12am On Aug 06, 2013
Horus:

Maybe you should. Just in case I sound paranoid, this is a good place to post a goodie. Even "distinguisehd" bodies will fudge numbers for political gain, especially if it works to their advantage eg Google using a 400 year old imperialistic map even today: http://commonsensekiller..com/2010/06/map-is-lie.html
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Horus(m): 2:18am On Aug 06, 2013
People have been brainwashed by the word Africa, before this word (Africa) was created there were black people living on all parts of the planet earth. black people originate from everywhere on this planet.
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 2:18am On Aug 06, 2013
KidStranglehold:
These Dominicans more African than that Malaysian girl will ever be.

grin grin grin grin

i like how you said that.
for some reason it cracked me up. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 2:18am On Aug 06, 2013
Horus: People have been brainwashed by the word Africa, before this word (Africa) was created there were black people living on all parts of the planet earth. black people originate from everywhere on this planet.

undecided undecided
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by birdman(m): 2:22am On Aug 06, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Everyone has African roots if you go back 60k years. Fact is Europeans are closer to modern day Africans than those Malaysians and Australian. That Malaysian girl does NOT have African roots since she is not from Africa. Her looks is just due to adaptation to environment. She is more related to neighboring Asians. Again Pacific Islanders(like Australian Aborigines) and indigenous Malaysians are genetically DISTANT from Africans, more distant than Europeans.

Melanin is the key. Absence of melanin is recessive gene, so its very obvious obvious that ab-original peoples would be essentially Africans, seeing as they are fundamentally black. Interestingly, its how Europeans distinguish themselves from others for centuries, so why the about face when it comes to where Africans have been and have not been? Because it is not to their advantage to suggest black Africans may have been civilized enough to accomplish this feat.

When you accept research without thinking about the context in which it is produced you set yourself up for confusion as you have done above. Anyone with enough money can set up a think tank to spin facts however they want. For example, you just called black white essentially. You are so buried in the facts thrown at you that you have actually come to believe that a caucasian is closer to an African genetically, than an aboriginal!

3 Likes

Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 2:24am On Aug 06, 2013
*Kails*:

grin grin grin grin

i like how you said that.
for some reason it cracked me up. grin grin

LOL! I know. grin

I always do that trick. But yeah Dominicans ACTUALLY have RECENT African ancestry, while that Malaysian girl has zip...Meanwhile that Malaysian girl looks more African. Just shows race doesn't exist genetically/biologically or that physical features do not define race.

Anyways did you see my post on African coins found in Australia? WHat is your opinion on that?
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 2:29am On Aug 06, 2013
birdman:

Melanin is the key. Absence of melanin is recessive gene, so its very obvious obvious that ab-original peoples would be essentially Africans, seeing as they are fundamentally black. Interestingly, its how Europeans distinguish themselves from others for centuries, so why the about face when it comes to where Africans have been and have not been? Because it is not to their advantage to suggest black Africans may have been civilized enough to accomplish this feat.

When you accept research without thinking about the context in which it is produced you set yourself up for confusion as you have done above. Anyone with enough money can set up a think tank to spin facts however they want. For example, you just called black white essentially. You are so buried in the facts thrown at you that you have actually come to believe that a caucasian is closer to an African genetically, than an aboriginal!

Sorry but I am well versed in anthropology and genetics, more than you. So I KNOW what I am talking about. In anthropology we don't use terms such as caucasian, black or white because they are NOT genetically defined just like Negroid is not genetically defined. Yet a certain Somali loves using that word.

Your first paragraph doesn't even make sense so I just decided to ignore it. If you truly think indigenous Malaysians or Australian aboriginals are African then please post me a genetic study that CONFIRMS they have recent African roots and not this melanin garbage. I'll wait. smiley
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 2:31am On Aug 06, 2013
KidStranglehold:

LOL! I know. grin

I always do that trick. But yeah Dominicans ACTUALLY have RECENT African ancestry, while that Malaysian girl has zip...Meanwhile that Malaysian girl looks more African. Just shows race doesn't exist genetically/biologically or that physical features do not define race.

Anyways did you see my post on African coins found in Australia? WHat is your opinion on that?

i haven't checked it out just yet.
i am still watching a documentary related to the video horus posted...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6IrMjfbh6E

^^ i am interested in hearing their POV in full.
but as soon as i am done with that i promise i will check out your info on african coins in aussie land.
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 2:33am On Aug 06, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Sorry but I am well versed in anthropology and genetics, more than you. So I KNOW what I am talking about. In anthropology we don't use terms such as caucasian...

SOME anthropologists you mean. grin
there is a hell of a lot of white bias in anthropology.
they will say that physical similarities do not unify a race WHEN IT COMES TO BLACKS but when it comes whites...

grin grin grin

not only do they "ignore" their differences but they also include others into their "group". grin grin grin
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 2:39am On Aug 06, 2013
*Kails*:

SOME anthropologists you mean. grin
there is a hell of a lot of white bias in anthropology.
they will say that physical similarities do not unify a race WHEN IT COMES TO BLACKS but when it comes whites...

grin grin grin

not only do they "ignore" their differences but they also include others into their "group". grin grin grin

Caucasian=/=Caucasoid. Caucasoid use to mean a race, but now it just means a phenotype. Caucasian=white.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). / The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family / Is Badmus A Yoruba Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.