Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,466 members, 7,885,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 08:50 PM

Domestic Violence:what's Your Take? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Domestic Violence:what's Your Take? (619 Views)

Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence / Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce / How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Domestic Violence:what's Your Take? by infopreneurqwin(f): 2:19pm On May 18, 2013
A lot of ladies quietly suffer domestic abuse but keep quiet because our society does not protect women who are being abused by their spouses.

When is it enough?when will our women learn to tackle domestic abuse and when will families learn to support their abused instead of advising them to stay and bear.
These women carry around scars,deep cuts and bruises and cook up lies to suit their injuries.

We all know in the last three years in Nigeria,so many women have lost their lives because a husband flipped and kept punching till the life was snuffed out of his wife.
oh,some even use knives to turn the wife into minced meat...oh no,oh no!

We are all affected by domestic violence one way or the other when people we know are abused/killed/maimed.

If you know your Friend/Sister/Aunt/Mother/Cousin is being abused will you advise them to leave or stay and die?...stay and be maimed for life by a man who professes undying love for her?

Why is the government not providing shelter homes for women who want to run from abusive spouses?
What has the government really put in place to tackle offenders?
What has happened to the past offenders?
I guess it continues because the appropriate punishment has not been put in place .

A man who as much as slaps his wife should be jailed, talk less of killing her!

Do we have enough NGO's to help?
So many Women are stuck in abusive Marriages/Relationships and they need help.
Who will help them?

You and I and the government have a role to play and i have done mine by writing this.
I am worried by the level Domestic violence has escalated to,especially Nigeria where law and order only exists in writing as concerns protecting abused women.

Please leave a word of advice for any one who might be going through the beating of their lives in their homes...daily being beaten but keeping quiet out of shame.

Domestic Violence IS A CRIME AND MUST STOP!
More On http://www.it-wab.com
Intimate Talk With Aderonke Bams

(1) (Reply)

Get Qualified Nannies / Thief Caught. And Dragged On The High Way / This Is Just What We Need As Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.