Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,938 members, 7,922,309 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 12:47 AM

Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award (12743 Views)

Imoke Wins Best Governor Award / Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ / Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by victor2exl(m): 1:02pm On May 21, 2013
grin grin grin grin what a joke....a beg better news..
Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by Willgates(m): 1:03pm On May 21, 2013
Princessaleeza: and who told u from Pry Sch 2 Secondary Sch in Lagos re paying Sch fees.
comparing Lagos 2 Akwa ibom shows how stupid n hate-blinded u are....for heck's sake,dis a state dat 6 years ago was like d poorest local govt in ur lagos n d later was considered d most developed state in Nigeria.
As it stands nw,d quality of infrasture in Akwaibom is 2nd 2none in any state of d federatn! Akwaibom is growing in a speed of light,u beta accept dat or stand aside n get electricuted

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by finebadtboy(m): 1:04pm On May 21, 2013
tomakint: Truly, he deserves this award! The infrastructural developments he brought to Akwa Ibom will definitely stand the test of time! Congrats Governor Akpabio!
Really! Like what? Ignorance is a disease, I see. tongue tongue
Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by finebadtboy(m): 1:06pm On May 21, 2013
Amaaskia: AKWA IBOM ado ok..
Keep it up Gov Akpabio, well done. :-)
Really! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by Willgates(m): 1:17pm On May 21, 2013
finebadtboy: With no teachers to teach. grin grin grin Goodluck in your ignorance tongue tongue

No teachers to teach? Now,who's ignorant here between d 2 of us? U beta bring ur father n mother n ursef 4enrolment,letz c if we can salvation vhis ur hereditary stupidity b4 it z tranfered 2ur oda generatn.
Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by shanktang(m): 1:21pm On May 21, 2013
More like squandermania of d year award, come to tink of it, wat more do we expect frm a magazine dat is owned by a nigerian bt operates more in Ghana, he has done well no doubt bt let him cause G.J. nd see den u'll knw he has also stolen a whole lot of money, I just wonder how many toyota prados he must hav given to desrve dat award

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 21, 2013
wellmax: grin grin grin grin

^^^^ who dem be? Even Akpabio doesn't believe in the award, he sent his commissioner. I see this as an fund raising activity by the Ghanian Group.

P'ease visit Akwa Ibom state. Take a trip from Water corporation down to Ibom Hotels and gulf course. When you are back tell me '' THANK YOU SIR ''.

That man is trying. Julius berger works all roads in AI even the remotest villages. Kudos, the people's governor.
Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by lernah: 1:24pm On May 21, 2013
Good work akpabio bt na rochas award be dat o
Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by sexymoma(f): 1:25pm On May 21, 2013
finebadtboy: Really! Like what? Ignorance is a disease, I see. tongue tongue
dont Mind them they are Barking dogs seeking for attention..
Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by Oluwafemi178(m): 1:26pm On May 21, 2013
Stegomiah: Gov Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award

Akwa Ibom State governor, Chief Godswill Akpabio, has bagged the best Governor in Africa Award from an Accra-based Africa Development Magazine, for his development strides in the state.

Presenting the award in Accra, Ghana, renowned Ghanaian Professor, Walter Alhassan, described Governor Akpabio as an icon of democracy and a good example of what leadership should represent.

He said that available and verifiable facts singled out Chief Akpabio as a pride of Africa, worthy of emulation.

Speaking on behalf of the organisers, Soma Brown recounted the numerous achievements of the Akpabio administration in Akwa Ibom State, but particularly noted the free, compulsory and qualitative education policy; free medical care for pregnant women, children and the aged; and the massive infrastructural investment as key reasons for the award conferred on Governor Akpabio.

Receiving the award, Governor Akpabio, represented by his Commissioner for Information and Communications, Mr. Aniekan Umanah, thanked the magazine for considering him for the global honour.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/akpabio-bags-best-governor-in-africa-award/
Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by finebadtboy(m): 1:27pm On May 21, 2013
Willgates:
No teachers to teach? Now,who's ignorant here between d 2 of us? U beta bring ur father n mother n ursef 4enrolment,letz c if we can salvation vhis ur hereditary stupidity b4 it z tranfered 2ur oda generatn.
You have to be an irresponsible semi-educated illiterate. I know you are a product of the free education that is why you cannot make a correct sentence, i found it difficult to read the broken English you wrote. One of the rules here on Nairaland demands subscribers to respond in correct English and not short form.

Secondly, you seem to be an Akpabio supporter because you talk like one with no respect for someone's parents and I know you did not have a good upbringing as well that is why you are so quick to abuse people parents on an online forum.

Thirdly, I pity you because you feel anybody that has a different opinion to your master is a hater. I made my point without calling names and abusing people's parents. You need to make your research, I have done mine, FREE EDUCATION in Akwa Ibom is a fluke.

My friend I do not need the type of education you received from the free education propaganda of your benefactor.

You need to wake up from your ignorance, the world is progressing.

Cheers!
Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by victorD3: 1:27pm On May 21, 2013
sexymoma: If truly he has done well, why do we still have the calabas in Lasgidi na? they should have gone to their state and make money.....

At your age you dont know the difference between Calabar and Akwa-Ibom people.BTW why are Americans in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by pendusky(m): 1:30pm On May 21, 2013
Another Achievement frm Obong Akpabio... Ono mkpo inam!
Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by eriegua83: 1:32pm On May 21, 2013
If this award was given to Fashola, this thread would ve been flooded with "talking drum" praise singers.
Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by courage89(m): 1:34pm On May 21, 2013
The title should have stated: Akpabio Buys Best Governor in Africa Award

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by dulphines: 1:46pm On May 21, 2013
Willgates: what is fashora? A car brand? undecided

A tablet for mental slavery!
Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 21, 2013
sexymoma: so you are now telling me that Akwa Ibom is not a better place to invest or you are telling me it not big enough to start a business, No one is foolish here every one has his/her own right to express his/her thought.Anty Otondo

I'm not saying Akwa Ibom (my beloved state) is not big enough for business. I'm simply saying regardless of ethnicity, it all depends on choice.
Gosh!
Now I'm pretty sure explaining this to a 5year old would be easier than explaining it to you Madam sabi.
Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by visalo: 1:49pm On May 21, 2013
any time and any day, this Governor deserved every award. Congratulation sir
Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by finebadtboy(m): 2:06pm On May 21, 2013
pendusky: Another Achievement frm Obong Akpabio... Ono mkpo inam!
Wait! You call that an achievement? Oh no, there is a big problem then. cry
Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by naUgotire: 2:34pm On May 21, 2013
Ghanaians are good learners. They have learnt that in order to get money from a typical Nigerian politician, give him a bogus award, and that seals it. Only God knows how much Akpabio must have paid for this vanity. grin wink grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by SlimzyEve(f): 2:38pm On May 21, 2013
Thumps up boss keep it up.
Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by edababa007(m): 2:45pm On May 21, 2013
Dear Gov,

How much you come pay b4 dem dash u dis award?

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by Sike(m): 2:49pm On May 21, 2013
O Ku Oriire.
Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by obailala(m): 3:07pm On May 21, 2013
A lot of Lagosians have hardly stepped foot or lived in any other state of the federation in their entire lives. It has always been Lagos from birth - nursery - primary - secondary - university - NYSC - work etc. These individuals have absolutely no idea of what happens or what is obtainable in any other location except of course for what they hear in stories. This simply explains why it sounds like a wild tale when anyone suggests the remote possibility of anyone matching/surpassing the record of their god (Fashola) who simply IMO should just be regarded as the best governor of Lagos (in recent times).

Unfortunately, online discussion platforms like NLand are typically populated with individuals with links to Lagos (for obvious reasons). Therefore in arguments of this nature, the Fashola bootlickers always enjoy the power of numbers. A little piece of advice for the Lagos puppets, 'take a trip out'

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by Akpan107(m): 3:14pm On May 21, 2013
yuzedo: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=18pt]
**FALL OFF PINEAPPLE TREE AND DIES**[/size]
RIP. See you in heaven, if at all you would be there.
Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by HonKontigi: 3:27pm On May 21, 2013
This is how my friend Bukola Saraki was awarded Best Governor in Africa in 2005 by a south Africa-based organisation. Okpabio may be good(I don't know), but Bukola Saraki is a certified bank looter and State treasury burster. All these so-called awards are hogwash.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award by Agukagu(m): 3:44pm On May 21, 2013
Wily,Wily:

Say any governor that is better than him

Roachas Okorocha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Killed Funso Williams In 2006? / Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders / Bandits Kill Four In Zamfara Raid, Govt Closes Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.