Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,064 members, 7,890,504 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:03 PM

Health Problems Caused By Something You Eat EVERY Day - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Problems Caused By Something You Eat EVERY Day (2024 Views)

When You Eat Too Much Salt...read This / How To Avoid Eye-sight Problems Caused By Computer Screens / She Drank Carrot Juice Every Day For 8 Months: You Won’t Believe What Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Health Problems Caused By Something You Eat EVERY Day by evanstone(m): 5:33pm On May 21, 2013
In the article below, we're going dive deep into the inner walls of one of the most critically
important organs of your body -- your gut.

Unfortunately, many people think of their gut solely as the mechanism by which your body
digests food, which is at best an extreme oversimplification, and at worst an ideology
massively contributing to the health problems, weight loss struggles, and auto-immune
disorders of millions world-wide.

In reality, your GI tract is MUCH more than a digestion center; in fact, it is quite literally
your second brain as well as being “home” to 80% of your immune system.

You see, within your gut reside roughly 100 TRILLION living bacteria…

That’s more than 10 times the number of cells you have in your entire body – and maintaining
the ideal ratio of “good bacteria” (known as probiotics) to “bad bacteria” is now gaining recognition
as perhaps the single most important step you can take to protect your health and further along
your fat loss goals.

In fact, there are more than 200 studies linking inadequate probiotic levels to more than 170
different diseases and health issues, including obesity and weight gain.

To touch briefly on the weight gain and obesity consequences, virtually every study performed
on the obese population analyzing gut bacteria found higher instances of “bad” bacteria and
lower levels of probiotics (again, the “good” bacteria) within these individuals.

Perhaps you yourself are already experiencing some of the more advanced signs that your
intestinal bacterial balance is beginning to spin out of control, such as:

• Gas and bloating
• Constipation and/or diarrhea
• Acid reflux
• Skin problems
• Overall sickness
• Headaches
• Urinary tract infections
• Trouble sleeping
• An inability to lose weight
• Sugar cravings, especially for heavily refined carbs

You see, the ideal healthy ratio of “good” to “bad” bacteria is 85% to 15%, or 9 to 1.

Unfortunately, due to lifestyle and environmental factors, the vast majority of the population
is severely lacking when it comes to good probiotic bacteria, throwing their gut flora ratio
completely out of whack.

And if that wasn't bad enough, believe it or not, the "bad" health-destroying bacteria further
feeds and multiplies on something you probably eat EVERY single day (as shown on the
next page).

But here's the good news: You can correct this imbalance, and rather easily when you
know exactly what to do.

I will be sharing that in my next article.

Note:
Fast Healthy Recipes

I always found it worth watching what I eat in order to attain a good health. I was interested in cooking myself for my independence of the way to survival and the whole stuff should be fast and easy enough. Besides I was fond of the principle of trial, taste and error in order to find out the best suited recipes for my taste and health.

Also people are there who like to try out variations on food recipes for themselves, their friends and families.

Get all the 32 ebooks on food recipes and enjoy.
If you are interested send me an email: evansairhekholo@gmail.com or test your email to my phone number 08027713035

Note: The ebooks are not free.You can get it for N2000.

1 Like

Re: Health Problems Caused By Something You Eat EVERY Day by marvelling(m): 5:47pm On May 21, 2013
*yawns*
Re: Health Problems Caused By Something You Eat EVERY Day by Gbamar(f): 10:40pm On May 21, 2013
evanstone: In the article below, we're going dive deep into the inner walls of one of the most critically

Unfortunately, many people think of their gut solely as the mechanism by which your body
digests food, which is at best an extreme oversimplification, and at worst an ideology
massively contributing to the health problems, weight loss struggles, and auto-immune

In reality, your GI tract is MUCH more than a digestion center; in fact, it is quite literally

That’s more than 10 times the number of cells you have in your entire body – and maintaining
the ideal ratio of “good bacteria” (known as probiotics) to “bad bacteria” is now gaining recognition
as perhaps the single most important step you can take to protect your health and further along
your fat loss goals.

In fact, there are more than 200 studies linking inadequate probiotic levels to more than 170

To touch briefly on the weight gain and obesity consequences, virtually every study performed
on the obese population analyzing gut bacteria found higher instances of “bad” bacteria and
lower levels of probiotics (again, the “good” bacteria) within these individuals.

Perhaps you yourself are already experiencing some of the more advanced signs that your

• Gas and bloating
• Acid reflux
• Skin problems
• Overall sickness
• Headaches
• Trouble sleeping

You see, the ideal healthy ratio of “good” to “bad” bacteria is 85% to 15%, or 9 to 1.

Unfortunately, due to lifestyle and environmental factors, the vast majority of the population
is severely lacking when it comes to good probiotic bacteria, throwing their gut flora ratio
completely out of whack.

And if that wasn't bad enough, believe it or not, the "bad" health-destroying bacteria further
feeds and multiplies on something you probably eat EVERY single day (as shown on the
next page).

But here's the good news: You can correct this imbalance, and rather easily when you
know exactly what to do.

I will be sharing that in my next artcle.
at @op i really appreciate your concern and effort to compile this wonderfull,informative,usefull and above all inspire healing article.

i stand to believe that your primary aim for the compilation of this informative article is to help people experiencing 2 or more of your listed sympstoms.

my questions goes thus
=ARE YOU REALLY CONCERN ABOUT OTHERS HEALTH embarassed.
=DO YOU REALLY WANT TO HELP. cheesy
=DO YOU REALLY THINK OR BELIEVE THAT YOUR YET TO DISPENSE THERAPHY IS EFFECTIVE smiley

IF THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTIONS IS 'YES' AS IT IS IN EVICTABLE IS THEN
=WHY NOT SHOW/EXPRESS YOUR CONCERN [b][/b]NOW cry
=WHY NOT REALLY HELP OTHERS [b][/b]NOW cry
=WHY NOT DISPENCE THE THERAPHY PROCEEDURE [b][/b]NOW cry

WHO KNOWS MILLIONS MAY GAIN FROM IT,WYH THE DELY,WHY NOT [b][/b]NOW.

MAY ALMIGHTY GOD REWARD YOU ,ONCE AGAIN FOR THIS INFORMATION,AS YOU GIVE IT A THOUGHT.

THANKS cheesy

1 Like

Re: Health Problems Caused By Something You Eat EVERY Day by Kslib(m): 9:46am On May 22, 2013
evanstone: In the article below, we're going dive deep into the inner walls of one of the most critically

your fat loss goals.

• Gas and bloating
• Acid reflux
• Skin problems
• Overall sickness
• Headaches
• Trouble sleeping

completely out of whack.

next page).

know exactly what to do.

I will be sharing that in my next artcle.
Will be waiting for your next one sir.. Thread bookmarked...

1 Like

Re: Health Problems Caused By Something You Eat EVERY Day by evanstone(m): 10:40am On May 22, 2013
Hi once again.I do appreciate your comments in my last article.You can read the rest of the article below.

Millions of folks all over the world are unknowingly creating this dangerous imbalance through the ingestion of bacteria- promoting foods, medications, and other “toxic materials” that we are exposed to on a near daily basis. I’m talking about the use of antacids, artificial sweeteners, “diet” beverages and food items, certain brands of yogurt, ibuprofen, laxatives, alcohol, mouth wash and even some brands of chewing gum, dishwasher detergent and toothpaste.

What’s more, this bacterial imbalance is also directly linked to the use of antibiotics—either prescribed to us by a doctor or those quietly hidden within our water and food supply—especially within meats and dairy products.

And if that wasn’t bad enough, believe it or not, these health-destroying bacteria further feed and multiply on something you probably eat every single day—sugar

Fact is, if you suffer from irregular bowel movements, constipation, gas, bloating, acid
reflux, indigestion, skin problems, overall sickness, bad breath, fatigue, urinary tract infections, sugar cravings, and/or an inability to lose weight, these symptoms are a near telltale sign that your gut has ALREADY been infested by “bad” bugs and has literally become a ticking time bomb.

So many of us are exposed to these lifestyle and environmental factors which include:

• Sugar.

• Artificial sweeteners of any kind—found in “diet” beverages and food items, chewing gum, yogurt, and even toothpaste.

• Processed foods.

• Chlorinated water.

• Pollution.

• Antacids.

• Laxatives

• Alcoholic beverages (beer, liquor, wine)

• Agricultural chemicals and pesticides

• Antibiotics (from medications and/or antibiotics found in meat and dairy products that we ingest)
As you can see, these are things that most people are exposed to very regularly, if not every single day, making it almost certain that your gut flora balance is suffering, and will continue to suffer, unless you do something to proactively correct this imbalance on a daily basis.

But as I mentioned earlier, in my previous article on sharing how to correct these imbalance, there are somewhat odd, but extremely effective strategies you can begin using today that will ultimately end your struggle with unhealthy gut bacteria once and for all and finally allow you to get your life back, realize your full potential, and experience the excitement of living a life full of vibrance and vitality once again.

The first is regularly eating fermented foods such as lassi (an Indian yogurt drink, traditionally served before dinner), various pickled fermentations of cabbage sauerkraut, turnips, eggplant, cucumbers, onions, squash, and carrots; tempeh, and fermented raw milk.

Fermented foods are rich in “good” probiotic bacteria, and their consumption will help to rebalance your overall gut bacteria ratio. Just make sure to steer clear of pasteurized versions, like traditional yogurt, as pasteurization will destroy many of the naturally occurring probiotics.

That being said, the biggest downfall with fermented foods is that many people do not particularly enjoy their taste, and the amount you’d have to eat in order to get enough healthy bacteria to really make a difference is a bit impractical for the average person

The next strategy is to avoid virtually all sugar in your diet. Eating sugar-containing foods actually nourishes the bad or pathogenic bacteria, yeast and fungi in your gut, which can actually have more of a negative impact on your health than sugar’s impact on blood sugar and insulin resistance. What’s more, artificial sweeteners like Splenda® are even worse than regular sugar, as a study performed at Duke University showed it to contain a chlorine atom that kills off the good bacteria in your gut just like chlorine kills microorganisms in swimming pools.

The problem with the “no sugar” strategy is that completely avoiding any and all sugar is a tall order for most of us (including me), and further requires that you give up many of your favorite foods—an option that most folks simply won’t be will be able to adhere to long-term.

Moving on to the next tip, consume a 100% organic diet, free of chemicals, pesticides, and antibiotics (agricultural chemicals and pesticides, as well as antibiotics found in the meats we eat).

These strategies will help in highly effective way in avoiding many of the environmental compounds that wreak havoc on your gut bacteria balance.

Do have a great day and live a healthy life.

Evans Airhekholo
http://iliveahealthylife..com

1 Like

Re: Health Problems Caused By Something You Eat EVERY Day by evanstone(m): 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2013
Watch what you eat, Live Longer.
Nigerians are becoming obese, and this is to the detriment of their health.
Re: Health Problems Caused By Something You Eat EVERY Day by Gbamar(f): 10:16pm On Jul 31, 2013
@op thanks for the article.
In addition any body experiencing 2 or more of the above listed symptoms should get [color=#000099][/color]ACIDOPHILUS.
Re: Health Problems Caused By Something You Eat EVERY Day by evanstone(m): 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2013
Important Health Tips
Hi guys, hope you are all having a great day. A friend of mine recently shared this with me.It will be good if I alsoshare it here on my blog.

A new cancer in human beings, caused by Silver Nitro Oxide is said to have been found by Dr. Brian Berry of the United States. Whenever you buy recharge cards, don’t scratch with your nails, as it contains Silver Nitro Oxide coating and can cause skin cancer.

Important Health Tips:

Answer phone calls with the left ear.
Don't take your medicine with cold water....
Don't eat heavy meals after 5pm.
Drink more water in the morning, less at night.
Best sleeping time is from 10pm to 4 am.
Don’t lie down immediately after taking medicine or after meals.
When phone's battery is low to last bar, don't answer the phone, because the radiation is 1000 times stronger.

Also, dont drink tea in plastic cups and dont eat any food on polythene paper. The plastic reacts to heat and it will cause 52 types of Cancers (U.S.A. CHEMICAL Research Center New Result ).

Share this message with your loved ones.You can also subscribe to our post here.
http://iliveahealthylife..com/2013/07/important-health-tips.html#.Uf-oT9I3txk
Re: Health Problems Caused By Something You Eat EVERY Day by evanstone(m): 2:18pm On Aug 07, 2013
These foods, drinks, and tips help you sleep better (preventing insomnia).

Hi guys, hope you guys are making preparing for the public holiday (Ramadam kareem).

My mentor just shared this article with me and I thought of sharing it here with you.It is on tips that will help you sleep better to prevent insomia.I hope you enjoy it.Please do leave your comments after reading.

"I've noticed in my travels and with working with clients that a large majority of people in today's fast-paced stressful world are struggling at least part of the time with falling asleep at night.

Over the years, even I have struggled on occasion with insomnia because of the stress placed on me by running a large publishing business. And I've researched and learned quite a few tips and tricks over the years to help fight insomnia and fall asleep faster.

Without diving into every single technique I've learned over the years, I'll just touch on a few really simple, but powerful tips, foods, drinks, etc that I think can help you to fall asleep easier and faster too!

Here goes:

1. The most important sleep tip to start with:

This one isn't a specific food or drink, but rather probably THE most important tip I can give you... if you don't follow this one, your chances of being able to wind down at night and fall asleep fast are unlikely...

You NEED to eliminate use of devices, computers, emails, and any other work related to your job (or other stressful things) at least 3 hours before you plan to go to sleep. Using devices or computers for casual reading at night is fine, but don't do any work that gets your mind overly activated, such as anything dealing with work or other stressful things in life. Also, even for casual reading, it's best to turn off devices at least 1 hour before bed as keeping your eyes focused on the light from devices is one thing that some researchers are saying could interfere with falling asleep.

An overly active mind late at night is one of the BIGGEST things keeping many people from falling asleep. As a success-driven entrepreneur myself, I used to work really late at night and then I'd find that my mind was always too active to actually be able to fall asleep, so I'd lay there for hours sometimes until I could get my mind to slow down so I could fall asleep.

This may sound weird, but one trick that's worked for me is to grab a book while I lay in bed on something that I find sort of boring and try to read the book in bed. Because the topic is "boring" to me personally, it keeps my mind away from things that I find more interesting, and it allows me to fall right to sleep. So for example, if you find health and fitness interesting (I hope you do!), but you find economics boring, try reading an economics book as you lay in bed. I bet you'll get sleepy and fall asleep much faster than if you laid in bed letting all your thoughts about daily life race through your mind.

2. No caffeine after mid-day:

You've probably heard this tip many times, so I'll keep this one short... It takes about 6 hours for caffeine to be fully processed and eliminated by your body, so make sure your last caffeinated drink of the day (coffee, black tea, mate, etc) is at LEAST 6 hours or more before your planned bedtime. And if you've been showing any adrenal fatigue from lab tests, you should also consider reducing your daily caffeine intake if you currently use it.

3. Tart cherries or tart cherry juice:

Tart cherries (Montmorency) actually contain a natural form of melatonin that can help you to naturally get sleepy and more easily fall asleep. I've found frozen tart cherries a few times in specialty grocery stores and I use them for a late night smoothie occasionally.

I've also found a tart cherry concentrate in Whole Foods and other health food stores that you can add to a drink or caffeine-free tea at night to help get you that low dose natural melatonin. I use 1 Tbsp of this tart cherry concentrate in a cup of chamomile or mint tea late at night. This helps immensely for calming down and falling asleep at night.

A side benefit is that tart cherry also contains powerful antioxidants that fight joint pain, gout, and other inflammation related problems.

4. DON'T overdose on melatonin supplements:

Did you know that MOST people overdose on melatonin supplements. Most melatonin supplements come in either 3 mg or even 5 mg doses. However, according to some researchers, anything more than 1 mg might be too high of a dose, which can disrupt your sleep cycle the following day, making it hard to wake up in the morning, and harder to fall asleep the following night, disrupting your overall sleep cycle.

The proper dose seems to be something less than 1 mg from most experts on this topic (this was even discussed on the Dr Oz show too), which is why I choose to NEVER use melatonin supplements, and only get the small natural quantities found in tart cherries or tart cherry juice.

5. Night time teas:

Try "night time teas" that have relaxing qualities such as chamomile tea, mint tea, lemongrass tea, or all of them mixed. A side benefit of chamomile tea, and another reason that I try to include it in my weekly night tea repertoire is that chamomile tea contains unique phytonutrients that can help fight estrogenic overload from all of the xenoestrogens that we are exposed to from chemicals, pesticides, etc in today's chemical laden world.

One last thing...

If you still have troubles falling asleep even after implementing all of these tips, make sure to pay attention to fixing any hormonal issues you might have, including any possible adrenal fatigue, since being overly stressed out during the day can cause imbalances in your natural cortisol cycle which can make you more awake at night and more tired in the morning (obviously the opposite of what you want).

Eliminate any stressors from your life that you can, and also trying other relaxation techniques including meditation as a way to deal with stress if you still feel that you're too stressed out each day.

I hope today's topic gave you some immediately useful tips that you can use to start falling asleep easier and faster and feeling more rested and energetic when you wake up in the morning!

Make sure to pay attention to ALL of the tips above (especially #1) as they can all combine into a powerful regimen that relaxes you to sleep each night without any more insomnia, leaving you more energetic and ready to be productive when you wake up each day!"

PS -- if you liked today's article, please fwd this as an email or share it on to any of your friends, family, or co-workers that could benefit from these sleep tips.
Re: Health Problems Caused By Something You Eat EVERY Day by evanstone(m): 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
Fast Healthy Recipes

I always found it worth watching what I eat in order to attain a good health. I was interested in cooking myself for my independence of the way to survival and the whole stuff should be fast and easy enough. Besides I was fond of the principle of trial, taste and error in order to find out the best suited recipes for my taste and health.

Also people are there who like to try out variations on food recipes for themselves, their friends and families.

Get all the 32 ebooks on food recipes and enjoy.
If you are interested send me an email: evansairhekholo@gmail.com or test your email to my phone number 08027713035

Note: The ebooks are not free.You can get it for N2000.

(1) (Reply)

Problem With Eyesight / Some Good News On Coronavirus From Across The World. / Mothers, How Do You Manage Unbilical Cord Pains (inu'wo) In Your Newborn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.