Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,115 members, 7,907,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:18 PM

Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court (11598 Views)

Supreme Court Gives Reasons For Affirming Akwa Ibom, Delta, Oyo, Yobe Elections / Atiku Abubakar Hanging Out With His Daughter / Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by loswhite(m): 3:44pm On May 23, 2013
dplomaticVal: Na wa!..He
Ws Arraigned
In 3 Courts For
Stealing A Cell Phone.....
so U read d post and u did not see leader of armed robbery gang abi
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by loswhite(m): 3:49pm On May 23, 2013
tutu1: I don't understand, I have not read anywhere that the man killed somebody so why get death by hanging, even boko haram members are been given amnesty, the court should be fair in judgement, we need to see boko haram members and sponsored hanged not petty thief's
did u see leader of armed robbery gang @ all, if yes then common sense will answer ur questions
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 23, 2013
If u need National award, just steal big in Naija and u got it. No time for petty pilfering!

Abeg make i finish school come enter government begin do work (u know the kind of work am talking about here).

1 Like

Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by damilolaluv(f): 3:51pm On May 23, 2013
I do not understand. Why is it that the serious crimes do not get hefty sentences but the "unserious" crimes are the ones more arrested and harsher sentences. Na wa o
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by MadCow1: 3:55pm On May 23, 2013
Misleading Topic..

However, if the death sentence was given based on considerations of his previous crimes, then this verdict is wrong.
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by Nten: 3:56pm On May 23, 2013
D issue is this man has been terrorizing innocent residents as an armrobber, he was caught, charged, sentence to death, pleaded nt guilty, appealed his case, was discharged & acquitted. The scoundrel went back to his duty as an armrobber this time armed with a cudgel inflicted injuries on d poor woman head in other to dispossess d her phone. Nw there is enough evidence to nail him: phone, cudgel, gunshot wound, victim, witness et cetera. Any rougue armed is intending to kill. So not just phone theft that is leading him to such sentence
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 23, 2013
Nigeria__ has one of the worst justice systems. Phone thieves are sentenced to death by hanging then cabals,militants,terrorists,embezzlers are pardoned, given amensty and national honours. *spits*
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by wellmax(m): 4:07pm On May 23, 2013
lanre2009: Luck however ran out on him when the police who were on patrol in the area got a distress call and raced to the scene.

Nigerian Police respond to distress call, are you for real?
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 23, 2013
DJDOLA: Yes I like dat....am using dis 2 tell who so ever stole my bold 5 u will not die by hanging but die by acid..

Because of Bold Five,EXTREMIST!!! angry
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 23, 2013
Sometimes,forgiveness and giving yet another chance to someone who has erred can really turn his/her ways of life around!Stealing is a bad thing and its also a habit.Just that some persons do not learn or wish to outlive it.We all stole Smtn at some points in our life,esp as kids and teens.Stop the jungle justice on minor crimes.
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 23, 2013
Obasanjo steals N20 Trillion he is worshipped.

Babangida steals N3 Trillion and he his celebrated.

A man steals mobile handset and he must hang.

What a country of idiots we are.
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by rman: 4:35pm On May 23, 2013
ireke: The title is grossly misleading - the stolen phone case was just used in court to support the fact that he is a dangerous and unrepentant criminal.
-
Summary:
The guy was sentenced to death by hanging for ARMED ROBBERY.
He appealed the judgement and managed to get the sentence lifted at the Court of Appeal and he was also released.
Shortly after his release, he attacked this woman and stole the handset in question. He was caught.
This action prompted a challenge of appeal Court's decision at the Supreme court.
Supreme court upheld the initial judgement of the lower court for him to die by hanging for ARMED ROBBERY.

Nairalanders should also take time to read before replying in droves

Majority of nairalanders don't read.
They check the topic, read the first few comments and join whatever opinion is trending.

1 Like

Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by creativemusic: 4:35pm On May 23, 2013
grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by moresignal(f): 4:55pm On May 23, 2013
Warlord3000: So basically.. He wasn't really sentenced for stealing the phone per se..

I guess his armed robbery record tarnished it all..

RIP in advance to him.. That's all
I think after (quote)(reply)(like), we shud av love... I so much love this comment
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by frankgreat(m): 5:38pm On May 23, 2013
I don't value death penalty cos it doesn't give the person chance to experience the kind of suffering he suffers his prey!! Mayb a life sentence with hard labour in our beautiful and well equiped prison will teach him a lesson...he should try stealing from his fellow inmates
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by andylisa: 5:55pm On May 23, 2013
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by ifedun2: 6:18pm On May 23, 2013
He was unrepentant.He deserved to die.Same for all 'penrobbers' and 'politricians'.
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 23, 2013
since d guy na confirmed armed robber dat use gun 2 disposses people of their belongings, he deserves worse but if he is just d normal police scapegoat due to their exuberant unintelligence, all I can say is ''chai!! Which way my naija'' i was sleeping b4 so let me get back 2 my slumber.
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by Oshuxjudd: 6:50pm On May 23, 2013
rman:

They check the topic, read the first few comments and join whatever opinion is trending.

GBAM!
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by mu2sa2: 7:17pm On May 23, 2013
daviid_e: Becuz he stole a phone Embezzlement nkor diz jux sad angry angry angry angry
Those ones are above the law that is why they are mostly not even charged to court at all. But some people believe that if Buhari was given the chance the situation would change for the better.
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by UyiIredia(m): 7:32pm On May 23, 2013
Ironic. Since amnesty is being offered to trigger-happy terrorists.
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by Uwakuwak(f): 7:40pm On May 23, 2013
he could not hide his identity hence he committed this one , His cup is over flow
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by Nten: 8:16pm On May 23, 2013
GenBuhari: Obasanjo steals N20 Trillion he is worshipped.

those 1s are thiefs, this man is an armedrobber. He is armed with a weapon that can take your life. So even if its a pencil he intends stealing and he is armed, he would be sentenced as an armedrobber. Kobakaba Gen?
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 23, 2013
rman:

Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by chessguru1(m): 3:08am On May 24, 2013
hoochay: WHAT OF THOSE WHEN THEY STEAL MONEY?HW WILL THEY NOW DIE
He was involved in ARMED robbery. The constitution is very particular about thieves who do dia business thru d barrel of a gun, or with any life threatening weapon.
The problem lies with ur nigerian law.
Armed robbery >>> financial crime
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by chessguru1(m): 3:11am On May 24, 2013
rman:

So true
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by chessguru1(m): 3:18am On May 24, 2013

Oh bros, sorry o. Who be d "we" for the matter?
all dis people stole money quite alright, but not buy aiming a deadly weapon @ anybody.
If the accused had been given this sentence because he J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ bullied folks off their properties without a weapon, then I for shout.
But he is an unrepentant criminal that is not afraid of taking another man's life, and God forbid, d next person he might encounter on the streets could even be you or any of ur loved ones.
By That time, I believe d difference btw dis guy and obj and babangida et al. Would be very clear to you.
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by chessguru1(m): 3:23am On May 24, 2013
lynpetra: Sometimes,forgiveness and giving yet another chance to someone who has erred can really turn his/her ways of life around!Stealing is a bad thing and its also a habit.Just that some persons do not learn or wish to outlive it.We all stole Smtn at some points in our life,esp as kids and teens.Stop the jungle justice on minor crimes.
Chei!! And you are really sure u read the whole article b4 commenting...smh!
He was "forgiven" by d court of appeal, only for him 2 go and rob again, almost killing a lady in the process.
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by osasdiddy: 8:48am On May 24, 2013
His past criminal records warranted judgement passed on him which I believe is to serve as a deterrent to petty thieves who always go back to crime after being pardon initially. Come on guys, if handset is his problem, there are so many affordable ones of N3000 or he could do a maniac job to earn. Living...in a nutshell, stealing is in his character
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by texazzpete(m): 9:27am On May 24, 2013

YOU are the idiot. The man stole using dangerous weapons, ergo he's an armed robber. The punishment for armed robbery in Nigeria is DEATH. This is following the letter of the law 100%

The only question now is which teaching Hospital will get his corpse when he is dead. LUTH or UBTH?

Zero tolerance for Armed robbers! If you like, cling to this 'Obasanjo stole 10 trillion' rubbish...go and steal with a weapon and see if you will not also get the hangman's noose.
Re: Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court by josite: 8:14am On May 25, 2013
armed robbery, even robbery with a pocket knife in Nigeria carries a death penalty. If you must rob ,u better not be armed if u don't want to die if caught.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bloodshed Makes No Sense, Jonathan Tells Zambian Presidential Aspirants / Umahi Offers Scholarships To Four Best Mathematics Students In Ebonyi (Photos) / Afenifere, Ohaneze, NEF, Others Slam Buhari Over Anti-Rule Of Law Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.