Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,056 members, 7,980,759 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 01:26 AM

A Story: Broken Vows - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Story: Broken Vows (97555 Views)

Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story / Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:40pm On Jun 17, 2013
emygreat747: i see u o,princessa
princesa? undecided
wrong thread ooo emy..LOOOL
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Emeralddan(f): 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2013
My darling glow....swetim u're the best alway!!...nd dis update was WOW...salma is next in line, since joe can change who is salma

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by biolanurat: 8:26pm On Jun 17, 2013
Plsssssss glow, don't pull d curtains yet. I am really enjoying ur write up. My hubby has bin wondering wat has bin taking my attention all dis while. Pls publish it. It's gonna be a big success. Thumbs up dear.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Veevien(f): 9:06pm On Jun 17, 2013
#singing and I can't stop loving you. U just made my night. Hugs. Xoxo.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by lizzykoka(f): 11:33pm On Jun 17, 2013
Glow u r jst great, u nid 2 see d way I'm combining reading 4 my examz n also reading dis lovely story. I dnt want 2 b left out of d suspenses @ all, may God continue 2 strengthen u more n more you r jst so unique
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by emsheddy(m): 9:03am On Jun 18, 2013
Glow, gud morning. Abeg when i wan get the next update na.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Eneze1(f): 10:08am On Jun 18, 2013
Glow, this is really good, am so happy for Joe, Salma is next in next, there's no where she can run to

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 18, 2013
Glowbaby, Trevor is mine!
Tell Salma to leave him alone oo before I vex cheesy

Keep glowing girl kiss
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by oyestephen(m): 11:02am On Jun 18, 2013
Glow abeg make that stubborn girl soften naa
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by izoe: 11:33am On Jun 18, 2013
smiley[color=#990000][/color] beautiful write up can't wait to see the end. U rily shuld tink about publishing it. A gud way to win souls to christ. Keep up d good work God bless u

2 Likes

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Emeraldz(f): 2:28pm On Jun 18, 2013
You are such a talented writer. God bless you. Keep the fire burning.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by omocheche(f): 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2013
Whoa what a story, I just love it pls when dis book is publish let me no I need a copy plssssssssssssssessseeeee

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by emygreat747(m): 4:18pm On Jun 18, 2013
glowingscenes:
princesa? undecided
wrong thread ooo emy..LOOOL
glowingscenes sowie o,pardon my sleepy eyes was reading broken vows nd and taking chances simultaneosly.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2013
Joe removed his sunshades and stared at the place with his partner, Philip Reuther wondering how much things he had to fix into the new place he was purchasing.

‘are you sure about this?’

‘I am.’

Philip shook his head and traced his hand on a dusty shelf that lay by an old mantle piece. ‘I still try to ask myself why you left that entire luxurious house in Michigan and came to settle here in Chicago, I mean it’s absurd. All these years, it’s not that you’re moving for a kid or a better job. I mean the ‘real’ thing is in Michigan and you settle for less although you still have your job.’

‘it’s kinda complicated but I’m doing what my spirit wants me to do.’

‘the Joe I knew never took this huge sacrifice…’ he raised his eyes and watched his housekeeper carrying her things upstairs. ‘and her…, I can’t even believe she came with you.’

‘I tried to convince her but she says she wants to move in with me, especially when Bonnie sneaked it to her that Maria lives in Chicago. She even told me she has a small family uptown and so, she came along.’

‘does Maria know what you’re doing for her?’

He shook his head. ‘not yet, I want to add the finishing touches to the house and get a good space for the nursery and a place where we can have time to ourselves as a couple. The patio would contain some things I got from eBay and the swings I made for the kids big enough to carry anyone including their mother when she wants to be alone.’

‘and did you ever think of how you might take it if she refused?’

‘well, I’ll keep on living and I’ll come to a conclusion with her if I can see my kids for a while. They can come over and spend some time with me and they won’t need to fly or take a train before they came to see me. I can go over to Maria’s house when I want to pick the girls and she’s always invited to mine.’

‘I see you’ve thought everything through.’

‘time is not merciful these days.’ He concluded and grabbed a door to check the hinges. He picked his phone and dialed the carpenter’s number while Philip was still looking around wondering how the house was going to be by tomorrow.

It wasn’t very exotic but it looked like a home that could make a family comfortable with the essential commodities and fixtures. It looked country and a little ancient but not Victorian like the one joe had been living in Detroit.

Suddenly, his phone rang and he picked it to answer it. After a little conversation, he turned to Joe
‘hey man, something just popped up at work and I have to look it up. if I don’t you’ll probably fire me or I will.’

Joe laughed at his humor and watched him stroll out past boxes, papers and dust on the floor and the house suddenly seemed quiet except for Melissa who had begun humming and dusting the kitchen. It was already two days he moved in and there still seemed to be so much to do. He thought of Melissa and realized God must have blessed him to make her come along with him when he had doubted it in the first place. it was a very rare case to still have a housekeeper who stuck to you even when you didn’t have your wife and kids anymore.

And then, he thought of something that made him wonder what it would be like to ask her how to prepare an exotic Spanish meal.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 6:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Time seemed to pass by as Susan removed her glasses and yawned. She knew definitely that she had to read up for lost times because after the Christmas and new year celebration, she was going to return to college for her final year and she wasn’t ready to let her grades down so soon. Observing she was still in her sweater and jeans, she stood and was about heading to her closet when she noticed something outside. The lights were bright as usual but there was a sign post signaling something that she had not seen in a long while. She went to her window and looked closely.

‘hello pretty face…’

She screamed and covered her mouth immediately once she recognized the face that was staring back at her clad in thick sweater and winter coat. she opened her window immediately

‘you scared me and what in the world are you doing here?’

‘couldn’t stop thinking about you.’ He smiled and stretched his hands toward her. ‘c’mon, let’s elope together.’

The temptation felt too great and too real but she quickly realized he was teasing her. ‘and do what, find a cave like some runaway kids, absolutely not.’

‘well, since you refused…’ Antonio continued unperturbed. ‘i came to grab you away from home for some ice skating, is that a bad thing?’

Susan looked around her untidy room filled with books and didn’t hesitate before she grabbed her coat and her scarf and received his outstretched arm. She suddenly felt like a child again sneaking through her window to have a picnic on her father’s roof but this time, she was going far from home with the man she was in love with.

He received her warmly and smiled down at her. ‘you were almost making me freeze.’

‘I’m glad I was.’ She touched his hair and they both walked down the road together where he parked his car. He entered and brought out skates for the both of them.

‘after skating, we could grab some hot chocolate.’ He suggested when she collected a pair from him. it seemed like days she had seen him when it was just last night they had talked and left the house together. He got the Christmas tree and everything her family had requested and she couldn’t love him more. She prayed for him whenever she thought of him and thanked God for making her to fall in love with him. she didn’t know his thoughts, but just one statement had made her know he was also feeling the same way about her.

It felt like seconds that they were sliding and swaying on the ice and Susan couldn’t have wished for more. Hand in hand, they turned, laughed and Susan even made a dance movement while skating that one would have mistaken her for a professional ice skater. She twisted and landed safely balanced and Antonio raised his eyebrow.

‘wow, I didn’t know you were a professional…’ he held her close to him

‘my Dad and I made time for ourselves when I was young. I would practice whenever he went for his business trips and wait to show off some skills by the time he came home for Christmas. That was so many years ago before my mum took over and I’ve been like a ballerina on ice ever since.’

‘so, do you mind my asking how many practices you take in a year?’

‘that’s for you to find out.’ She winked at him and released herself from his embrace and floated on the ice.

He skated towards her. ‘must you be a whiz kid in everything?’

‘and did I mention that I am?’

‘oh I see.’ He pretended not to sound jealous that she must have had some kind of coach who must have been training her in ice skating, dancing, reading and singing all together. ‘so, you learnt this all by yourself?’

‘oh I had some teachers…’ she looked at him and saw his expression clearly written in his eyes. She decided to tease him further. ‘some good looking teachers who loved taking me for classes. i fell for one of them though.’

‘you did?...’he bit his lip. ‘touché..’

Susan broke into laughter. ‘you’re not jealous, are you?’

‘do I look like someone who’s jealous…’

‘oh Antony, you look gorgeous when you’re jealous…, jealous that I fell for you.’ She smiled and raised her hands so that she could embrace him. he held her closely and whispered. ‘I’m not falling for you…’

She looked into his eyes questioningly.

‘I love you.’ He mumbled and would have kissed her but he withheld himself knowing how much he loved her. ‘and I want to spend the rest of my life with you.’

Susan felt suffocated and she would have covered her face but she stood strong and grabbed him to sway with her not knowing how to respond. A child fell on the ice and they both rushed to help her before her older sister came to join them. Susan was glad for the interruption but not for long as they were alone once again. He was quiet this time as they took hot chocolates and watched the city lights as Christmas was already in the air and everywhere was buzzing.

When it was time to go home, Antonio stopped at her window by the side of the house.

‘I love you Antonio, but…’ she finally broke the silence that had hung between them for a while

‘but what?’

‘I’m scared that we’re rushing into things and it’s all coming to me like a dream. I’m alone sometimes and I search deep to know what God is saying but i…’

‘what is God saying?’

She laughed nervously. ‘that I should move ahead, with you.’

‘and what are you saying?’

Susan looked at him wondering how patient and understanding he could be and the same time so loving and gentle beneath those thick eyebrows and dark brown eyes.

He watched her struggling and held her hands so that she could see the board he had posted outside before they had gone out. She realized she had not seen it clearly initially but now, she saw the words clearly. ‘WiLL YOU MARRY ME?’

‘oh Antonio!’ she went into his arms as tears stung her eyes. ‘I love you very much.’

‘you’ve not answered my question.’ His voice sounded muffled in her hair.

She cupped his face in her hands and she could see his love for her mirrored in his eyes. She nodded dumbly.

‘yes?’

‘Yes.’ She cried and was at once lifted into his arms, and then she saw her parents coming out from the back of the house and her eyes widened at the full realization of what Antonio had done dawned on her. Danny followed behind grinning from ear to ear and she suddenly wished Trevor was here also.

‘I’m so happy for you!’ Sara cried and embraced her daughter. It was after they had congratulated them both that she remembered that Antonio had not placed the ring in her finger. She turned to him and he was already removing it from the velvet box and placing it in her hand. She didn’t remember anything else that happened because he was already lifting her to kiss her like he had always dreamed of.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Emeraldz(f): 6:54pm On Jun 18, 2013
Following. . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 6:54pm On Jun 18, 2013

The New Year came with new beginnings and so did each individual determine new resolutions after the festivities came to an end. The streets of Des Plaines looked the same and Maria’s restaurant still had it’s inviting glow although she had not been there for months. Salma wouldn’t let her and Bonnie resumed there even when Denver suggested buying the place but she refused insisting that the right time would come and Maria had to give her approval and that would be after she recovered back her memory fully. B

onnie still came over to see her best friend although it wasn’t like before as Salma was present and Maria seemed to be acting more independent these days not excluding the fact that she now had a husband to take care of. Maria didn’t mind and suggested that she would come visiting one day and very soon. Bonnie was happy for her that she seemed to be living life simply and carefree and she ate whenever she was hungry. She even went out to shop for the things she needed for cooking and attended fellowship when it was time.

Bonnie was tempted to tell her that Joe had moved over to Chicago and how happy he was to be a Christian now but Denver made her promise not to mention anything to Maria. At the right time, things were going to work out itself.

Maria was at her backyard looking at the garden she had nurtured for a while now as spring seemed to have arrived early this year. The snow was beginning to melt making the residue look like crystals on the ground and she marveled at the works of nature by an awesome God. It was while she was strolling in her garden that she noticed someone strolling towards the house. Since she was at the backyard, she couldn’t place the person clearly but she knew the person headed for the front door. She followed swiftly and went to answer the door.

She held herself from gasping. ‘Joe..’

‘hello Maria.’ He said softly and she couldn’t help but go into his arms. He received her warmly and knew right there and then that he did the right thing by coming to see her. he had missed her so much. She seemed to have been reading his mind because she blurted out. ‘I’ve missed you so much.’

‘you can’t tell how much I did.’ She was still in his arms and they stood together at the door for a while forgetting time and it’s meaning, not even minding the round ball that kept them a little apart.

‘come in.’ her voice sounded like a whisper and he obeyed wondering how it was for her now that she would soon be due a month or two months from now. She was still holding his hand when she led him to the couch.

‘have you taken anything?’

‘yeah, I got a sandwich on the way but you could order pizza for the both of us if you want to.’ He teased and stopped her before she picked the phone. He looked at her and held her hands. ‘how have you been feeling?’

‘well.’ She wanted to ask him about his conversion but was stopped short when he went on his knees.

‘joe…’ her eyes widened. ‘what are you doing?

‘something I should have done years ago.’ He crawled closer. ‘Maria, I’m sorry for everything I ever said to you and I’m sorry for any wrong I’ve made you suffer. For cheating on you and for lusting after things that made you feel too low to satisfy my needs. I’m sorry for being selfish to Amanda and for putting my family as the last thing on my mind…, and I’m sorry for…’ the tears were already pooling in his eyes and she saw him struggling to hold them in like a man.
‘I’m sorry…’ his voice broke and she cupped his face in her hands shaking her head as joy flooded her soul.

‘it’s okay Joe, it’s alright.’ She joined him on her knees and touched his hair. ‘I’m also sorry for anything I’ve done and I forgive you.’

He embraced her and felt her cry into his neck making him to feel weak. How he had longed for this moment when he would be seeking forgiveness from his wife. He didn’t even want to remember whatsoever had happened in their past. He wanted a new beginning and he was going to tell her.

‘I love you.’

She shook as more tears poured forth and when he released her to look at her, she said. ‘you read my mind.’

Joe laughed nervously. ‘you love me too?’

‘I do. I don’t know why but I know God has made me to fall in love with you over and over again and I can’t help it even though I try.’

‘baby.’ He whispered and kissed her forehead. He helped her immediately to her feet but she still clung to him.

‘I want us to get married…’he looked into her eyes. ‘again and then you can move in with me.’

‘detroit…’

‘no, Chicago…, in lake view. I chose a place you would love and a place for our kids. I was thinking we could have dinner together and have a little conversation on the patio. I want you to check out the place if you love it.’

‘now?’ she was finding it hard to believe everything at once.

‘first, dinner.’ He dipped his hands into his pocket and brought out a velvet box containing a ring. ‘I told Melissa to make something nice for the both of us. And then I will propose to you again, and we can get married after you have the baby.’

‘I can see you had all these planned and here, right here in chicago…, you moved, why?’

‘because I don’t wanna inconvenience you and I wanted to get myself prepared for any news you were going to tell me. Reject me or receive me, but all I was asking for was mercy to make you love me and forgive me. After repentance…, and I told God to forgive me for getting you pregnant but he assured me forgiveness by giving me twins..’

‘us twins.’ She corrected. ‘and I’m grateful to him for my life and for yours and for the new life he’s giving us.’

‘so, is that a yes to my proposal?’

‘yes, yes, yes.’ She laughed as he kissed her briefly to seal their bond of love forever
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2013
omocheche: Whoa what a story, I just love it pls when dis book is publish let me no I need a copy plssssssssssssssessseeeee
awwwwww...thanks babe!!!
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2013
emygreat747: glowingscenes sowie o,pardon my sleepy eyes was reading broken vows nd and taking chances simultaneosly.

tehehehe

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 6:57pm On Jun 18, 2013
oyestephen: Glow abeg make that stubborn girl soften naa
tehehehe...keep reading na wink
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:00pm On Jun 18, 2013
@brnda, hmmmn...Trevor urs? ok...u can have him grin grin hope u wont fight Salma sha...cos e be like say she don dey trip fr d guy
@emerald dan....LOOOL..ose love!!..abi ooo..who's salma if Joe can change
@lizzykoka...jooor ooo..hehehehe...read so that u will pass ooo..awwww thanks fr ur comments sis..muah!
@candis...wt hapn?
@biolanurat...muahhhh for ur comment..amen.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:09pm On Jun 18, 2013
olly4life: Pls continue to GLO with honour, humility, inspiration Glow IJN. Amen. I am overwhelmed with your write up. It cut across every sphere of life. I hope the married are learning while d singles are taking note. This is day to day life issues- God bless real good sisi mi. Medaseh

ose love!!!!!muahhhhhhhhhhhh

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 18, 2013
May the wisdom of GOD that surpases all understanding of men continue to enrich you, you are a blessing to others including me, and he/she who brings laughter and good-news to others would not be left out themselves. GLOW with pride in JESUS name (AMEN).

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:18pm On Jun 18, 2013
Veevien: #singing and I can't stop loving you. U just made my night. Hugs. Xoxo.
right back at you babes!!!muah!!!
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:21pm On Jun 18, 2013
tunspider: May the wisdom of GOD that surpases all understanding of men continue to enrich you, you are a blessing to others including me, and he/she who brings laughter and good-news to others would not be left out themselves. GLOW with pride in JESUS name (AMEN).

amen oooooo IJN!!!thank u sooooooooooo much fr ur prayers....i feel so loved and blessed..#hugs#

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:24pm On Jun 18, 2013
Emeraldz: You are such a talented writer. God bless you. Keep the fire burning.

@emeraldzz.....i appreciate u bigtime!! grin grin
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by vic1999(f): 8:49pm On Jun 18, 2013
Hi, house just log to nairaland now, thou hv been viewing since last yr. Am happy to be part of dis big family.
[/quote][quote author=glowingscenes]
Joe removed his sunshades and stared at the place with his partner, Philip Reuther wondering how much things he had to fix into the new place he was purchasing.

‘I am.’

Philip shook his head and traced his hand on a dusty shelf that lay by an old mantle piece. ‘I still try to ask myself why you left that entire luxurious house in Michigan and came to settle here in Chicago, I mean it’s absurd. All these years, it’s not that you’re moving for a kid or a better job. I mean the ‘real’ thing is in Michigan and you settle for less although you still have your job.’

‘the Joe I knew never took this huge sacrifice…’ he raised his eyes and watched his housekeeper carrying her things upstairs. ‘and her…, I can’t even believe she came with you.’

‘I tried to convince her but she says she wants to move in with me, especially when Bonnie sneaked it to her that Maria lives in Chicago. She even told me she has a small family uptown and so, she came along.’

He shook his head. ‘not yet, I want to add the finishing touches to the house and get a good space for the nursery and a place where we can have time to ourselves as a couple. The patio would contain some things I got from eBay and the swings I made for the kids big enough to carry anyone including their mother when she wants to be alone.’

‘well, I’ll keep on living and I’ll come to a conclusion with her if I can see my kids for a while. They can come over and spend some time with me and they won’t need to fly or take a train before they came to see me. I can go over to Maria’s house when I want to pick the girls and she’s always invited to mine.’

‘time is not merciful these days.’ He concluded and grabbed a door to check the hinges. He picked his phone and dialed the carpenter’s number while Philip was still looking around wondering how the house was going to be by tomorrow.

It wasn’t very exotic but it looked like a home that could make a family comfortable with the essential commodities and fixtures. It looked country and a little ancient but not Victorian like the one joe had been living in Detroit.

Suddenly, his phone rang and he picked it to answer it. After a little conversation, he turned to Joe
‘hey man, something just popped up at work and I have to look it up. if I don’t you’ll probably fire me or I will.’

Joe laughed at his humor and watched him stroll out past boxes, papers and dust on the floor and the house suddenly seemed quiet except for Melissa who had begun humming and dusting the kitchen. It was already two days he moved in and there still seemed to be so much to do. He thought of Melissa and realized God must have blessed him to make her come along with him when he had doubted it in the first place. it was a very rare case to still have a housekeeper who stuck to you even when you didn’t have your wife and kids anymore.

And then, he thought of something that made him wonder what it would be like to ask her how to prepare an exotic Spanish meal.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by vic1999(f): 8:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
Hi, house just log to nairaland now, thou hv been viewing since last yr. Am happy to be part of dis big family.
[/quote][quote author=glowingscenes]

‘I am.’

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Sleekbaby(f): 8:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
Thehehehehe, Glow my love, am soooooooo hpy dt joe n maria reunited, tnx gal, u r gud 2 go
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 18, 2013
cheesy Veeeeeeeeeryyyyyyyyy interesting.
No more broken vows buh ammended vows.
U make my face glow with smiles tonytwink
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Obassy(f): 9:37pm On Jun 18, 2013
This story is what makes me come in here every 30 mins............ Kudos to u glow.............
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Holumayor: 9:55pm On Jun 18, 2013
I realy njoyd dis update,i pray dat God wil continue 2 increase ur knowlede,may u neva run out of wisdom as u ar ministerin 2 ppl tru dis story,d Lord God wil cntinue 2 increase his anoitin upon u. Luv u dear.cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply)

TAMISHO - My Story. My Life / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / SCHOOL LIFE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.