Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,402 members, 7,881,465 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:20 PM

Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? (11544 Views)

What Offence Would Someone Commit That You Cannot Forgive? / The Sin That God Cannot Forgive? (the Unpardonable Sin) / Can One Pray To God To Forgive The Sins Of Another? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by PrettySpicey(f): 1:40pm On Jun 02, 2013
Forgiveness is most often a tough call. Yet it is a necessity and a healing process.
N believe me, forgiveness is more for you, the victim, than for the offender.
Being able to forgive makes you feel free and then heals you of the pain/hurt from the offence.
Most often though it is real hard and this where we need God.
Ask God for the grace to forgive. Speak to God concerning your pain and ask Him to teach you to forgive and forget too.
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by oluking: 1:57pm On Jun 02, 2013
i will always forgive any babewink
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Orikinla(m): 1:59pm On Jun 02, 2013
Only whatever God cannot forgive.
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by mandra71(f): 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2013
There is nothing I'll not forgive. Because unforgiveness is like being in a cage knowing fully well that you are with the key. Nonetheless I'll find it very hard to forgive any se.xual assault.
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Les: 2:32pm On Jun 02, 2013
I have forgiven but I dont know how to come to terms cos it will always be there forever.. So it's either I go or stay and bear d pain. I dont wanna go neither do I wanna bear d pains.

I dont know why ppl cant tink of repercussions of their actions on others b4 doing tings. Now a momentary pleasure will ruin our entire peace that we have fought and won together and have existed btw us for ages and will exist forever. Peace dat no one else can ever give her, dat's wat she ruined.

I have forgiven but d memory is still there and is not ready to go, dont know wat to do.

1 Like

Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by FortresOfChrist(f): 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2013
Christians should be able to forgive anything. The LORD our fortress forgave us all our sins, past, present and future. We should be Christlike example.
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Usen9c(m): 2:46pm On Jun 02, 2013
4give her revenge belongs to the lord.
How can i fgv someone one dat has a child 4 me and later lev my huz to befriend my couson because he has money then she come back to apologize
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by victorD3: 3:10pm On Jun 02, 2013
I forgive everyday but I can't still master the art of forgetting. I feel its only fools that forgets.
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by tariwalters(m): 3:16pm On Jun 02, 2013
dabrake: God forgives, I don't - Rozay
...IN OTHERWORDS RETALIATION IS A MUST
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by AbuMikey(m): 3:17pm On Jun 02, 2013
FORGIVE and FORGET,not REVENGE and REGRET!!!

1 Like

Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by tariwalters(m): 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2013
oluking: i will always forgive any babewink

DEN SHE HAS CONTROL BUTTONS ALL OVER U BROV grin
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 02, 2013
If someone murders ur entire family and asks for forgiveness, tell me you would! So yes somethings people do can be too extreme to be forgiven. Even God considers some sins unpardonable (mortal sins)
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 02, 2013
Opey4luv:

REVENGE. An eye for an eye.

You are wicked ooo
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by kreamidiva(f): 4:07pm On Jun 02, 2013
I can forgive anything at all but wil def not forget.datsall
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Sweetapple007(f): 4:15pm On Jun 02, 2013
Since accordg to ur statement the offender has pleaded she shld forgive abi she no dey offend other people!
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by jerryben12: 4:21pm On Jun 02, 2013
A good way to forgive is to cut communication with the person you have issues with. The relationship will heal with time. You will never be lonely while that person is out of your life. You will always meet new people, just be careful how many people you meet. The people you make your friends, the more enemies you are creating.
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by temisukanmi(f): 4:30pm On Jun 02, 2013
tunapawizzy:

ALSO i cant forgive u if u steal my dodo or i beg u for dodo and u refuse to give me

LWKMD... Mε̲̣̣̣̥ love dodo too.. Abeg 4give, so dat ur heavenly fada will forgive u too..
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 02, 2013
D only tin I cannot 4give is seeing myself being a failure
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Kaycee7(m): 4:56pm On Jun 02, 2013
Can't think of that unforgiveable offence someone might do to me. But one thing I know about myself is that I can't stay angry for long.
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Ptoocool(m): 5:06pm On Jun 02, 2013
God forgives..i don't
in other words RETALIATION IS A MUST..ugh
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 02, 2013
it is better to forgive and free the prisoner knowing that u are the prisoner grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by shangpearlz(f): 5:40pm On Jun 02, 2013
Yomieluv: nothing i cant forgive,though it may hurt,but time is the greatest healer of pain.

its good to forgive,and let go,it promotes friendship,and also frees the mind.

Yomieluv...I totally agree wiv u. Infact pple ask me ow I do it. I detest worry n hate n dats wot an un4givin spirit dose.it saps ur peace of mind. 4giveness is easy 4 me.
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by shangpearlz(f): 5:44pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ptoocool: God forgives..i don't
in other words RETALIATION IS A MUST..ugh

Will b prayin 4 u...u can change swthrt,its neva easy 2 let go bur afta my prayer,ul feel d quake in u.
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by obowunmi(m): 5:47pm On Jun 02, 2013
Forgive all and move on.

Forgiveness is for you, no one else.
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by bigiyaro(m): 6:57pm On Jun 02, 2013
I can never forgive if you stole my money and an adulterous spouse.
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by odduzes: 8:26pm On Jun 02, 2013
told my wife i can forgive everything she does wrong. apology or no apology from her.

But will never forgive her if she cheat on me
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2013
"Forgive one another even as Christ forgave the church" The Holy Bible. "Forgiveness not for the other person but for you" madea goes to jail. "Forgiveness is not for the feeble minded its an attribute of the strong" anonymous.
"When u don't forgive u let bitterness ruin urlife while the other person is most prolly out there enjoyin life 2 da max" lomomike. When u don't forgive a lot may g☺ wrong in ur life, u keep d bitterness, generate stress and anxiety and anger and depression and a dampened spirit.
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by kcjazz(m): 8:52pm On Jun 02, 2013
Many people are reluctant to show mercy because they don't understand the difference between trust and forgiveness. Forgiveness is letting go of the past. Trust has to do with future behavior.~ Rick Warren
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by addicted268(f): 9:06pm On Jun 02, 2013
Shakara123: The best form of torture to someone who hurts you is not by hurting him or her back, but by forgiving,forgetting, and ignoring such a person. Sometimes when we go the 'do me I do you' way, we only end up regretting and causing more harm to ourselves or\and loved ones.
Let it go. Very hard to do, but just do and let God do the rest.
I have knowledge of someone who lost his life due to this single act of "I must do him back". My dear, it is not worth the tears and pains. It is not worth the revenge. Please let go.
I like this.hard as it is,forgiveness is the way to go.unforgiveness limits you,makes you a bitter person.even if you revenge,you won't feel great.time heals all wounds.time will heal you...our lord's prayer "...Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us".if you are a christian,you know the bible's stand on forgiveness.
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by lucyke: 9:13pm On Jun 02, 2013
Jst like our Lord's prayer dat says: ......forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sins Against us..... Though there 're some tins dat seems too heavy 2 forgive bt still bearing such tins in mind hurts more.Y nt let go n b releaved. We can do all tins 2ru Christ who strengthens us.
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Meristem: 10:17pm On Jun 02, 2013
Yomieluv: nothing i cant forgive,though it may hurt,but time is the greatest healer of pain.

its good to forgive,and let go,it promotes friendship,and also frees the mind.

I almost felt like painting a scenario that will prove u wrong! use ur imagination grove... anyway I'll let your comment rest like day.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Worst Bible Translation? / Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? / Benson Idahosa's 80th Posthumous Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.