Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,446 members, 7,917,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 02:13 AM

Nigerian Police Should Be Wiped Off - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Police Should Be Wiped Off (666 Views)

Funaab Sug President Was Beaten And Harrased By The Nigerian Police / Nigerian Police Academy Result Released! / Nigerian Police Academy Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Police Should Be Wiped Off by moyinmc: 10:48am On Apr 30, 2008
This may sound funny but i know what i mean.
I'm a regular traveller on Lag/Ib express way for the last one year due to the nature of my job. i've encountered Police Uniformed armed rubbers on this road for more than 6 times in the last 8 months.

especially few kilom to the old middle tollgate. The irony of each occurence is that few metres to the spot of the incident is always a police chk point such that a hard cry for help can easily get to the check point. just to show how close. At all this time i will have to abandon my car and run to the bush 4 safety while the operation lasted mostly 20/25mins.
On ocassions when they have to stop you without robbing you they will be asking you 4 customs clearing paper after seeing all the required papaer for a vehicle registration. by this they force the owner of such cars to part with huge amount most time .Like 5-10K depending on the type of car.Otherwise they waste your time.This i term lack of understanding of ones job description.
i don't want to say much for now. Am already getting to know them and will soon come out with the face of one of the Police Thief on that road.

I think we can replace them with Local Security Outfit Since all our IG's are busy investing Police fund that shld have been used to better the lot of police officers so they will concentrate on protecting lifes and property.
Re: Nigerian Police Should Be Wiped Off by MCUsman(m): 12:31pm On Apr 30, 2008
Nigerian Police Should Be Wiped Off: Why not join the force then you can as well reform it.
Re: Nigerian Police Should Be Wiped Off by chisimdi(f): 12:33pm On Apr 30, 2008
MC Usman:

Nigerian Police Should Be Wiped Off: Why not join the force then you can as well reform it.
@mc usman i dey ur side.
Re: Nigerian Police Should Be Wiped Off by MCUsman(m): 12:33pm On May 01, 2008
chisimdi:

@mc usman i dey your side.

Thanks jare. smiley smiley smiley

The yeye dude is probabaly an armed robber himself.

The US has one of the world highest crime rate despite advance technology at thier disposal yet no body called for thier total wipe off
Re: Nigerian Police Should Be Wiped Off by hilli666(m): 4:25pm On May 01, 2008
The USA has the highest crime rate in the world, when compared statistically to other countries that keep records in crime databases. These countries are usually First world countries e.g. France, Britain, China. On the other hand, Nigeria has no crime databases. It is in my opinnion that if Nigeria were to have a crime database, and the unabated intensified crime wave that pervades out great county was finaly given a number, We will instantaneously have the highest crime rate in the world.

I concur to the notion that our police force needs a total and complete revamping.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State University / University Scholarships / I Need You Advise. Admission In Nigeria Or Travel Europe. Which 1 Make I Choose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.