Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,890 members, 7,980,114 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 05:46 AM

Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread - Phones (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread (347791 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) / Rooting Tecno F7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Kamaye(m): 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
[quote author=Blewusi]
This is what I said some time ago and Tecno fans descended on me. They claim Tecno is CHEAPER and Samsung is MILKING them dry. In January this year, Tecno released N7. People complained of LOW RAM. Then they came out with PHANTOM A. Once again, some people complained of the battery. Instead of Tecno asking their customers to bring their phones to the service centre to UPDATE them MANUALLY (since they cannot do that via OTA), they chose to release a new phone: PHANTOM A+. Add the price of Phantom A and Phantom A+, is it not more than the price of Samsung mid range phones like Galaxy Grand Duos? Phantom A + Phantom A+ =70K more than the current price of S3.

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by lat4real: 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2013
Do people actually buy phone because they need it or because they see that people are buying it? For crying loud, why would you buy something you don't need? You saw tecno specifications before you bought it, so why complaining of lack of OTA, OLD CPU/GPU, etc. I saw tecno f7 specifications and when it doesn't suit my needs, i look elsewhere... That is, i have choice and i made it. Stop whining if you don't like any phone, they don't force you to buy it.

4 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by s3nn2x(m): 5:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
lat4real:

Last Bullet>>> If you are using zopo, umi, thl, and other China based, and you come here dey badmouth tecno, God go punish you.
Can you please explain a little better? Is it that the aforementioned phones are the same with Tecno because they are made by the Chinese. Infact, let me single out Zopo, how does the phone relate with the discourse here?

2 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Otantu: 5:44pm On Jul 23, 2013
lat4real: Lol... Gionee users are also attacking tecno users. You people are complaining that tecno release phone every three months, tell me which company isn't doing that? Samsung galaxy s4 has 5 different versions with different chips, core, gpu, lte, and so on... What about Sony? Or HTC? All of them are the same. Samsung in particular launches new phone every month, the only advantage they have is OTA, which I'm very sure tecno will come up with soon. You can't expect them to launch only one phone a year in a market where there is fierce competition. Buy phone that suits your needs, enjoy it. Don't buy phone because people are buying it, look for what you like and go for it.

Last Bullet>>> If you are using zopo, umi, thl, and other China based, and you come here dey badmouth tecno, God go punish you.
not even only d person o but also his relatives. how person go dey drink paracetamol for another person headache? We have bought the phone,we r enjoying it and we like it,in fact I love it.All u guys that r claiming phone gurus on phantom A its just an evidence that u guys don't have any serios thing doing but I still won take God beg una for d last time before i send holyghost fire give una oo make una no use una raggae spoil our blues.lol
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by TrebleChamp(m): 5:58pm On Jul 23, 2013
mcgboye: I actually think the best you can do to enjoy your phone, whichever one you finally decide to buy, is to avoid going through any of the threads here (unless of course if you have a complaint or something you need advice on). There will ALWAYS be someone here to say something bad about the phone. Even if you've used it for months and enjoyed it, by the time you come here you start noticing faults you never knew existed with you phone.

I use an iPhone 4s and the only thing I do with it is social media - mostly twitter and some facebook, yet I have never used it for more than 5hrs of consistent use before the battery drains. But I'm sure some people get more than that on their F7, E3, S4 and other phones.

That's my bit.

10 likes
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 23, 2013
souljaboi51:
bros am not new to android, av used a galaxy ace, pocket and htc sensation. i have also used an s3. used a bold 5 and i have an ipad 2. what can i say, i like my gadgets. money isnt the problem if u r calling tecno cheap. i have used all these phones and i can say i that my ratings are almost precise. belive me, its a great phone. lets wait n see sha.
u have used all dis phone and ur still calling dis tecno f7 a great phone?? ...

make i no talk sha.. enjoy all ur phones... make i no laff sha

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 23, 2013
lat4real: Lol... Gionee users are also attacking tecno users. You people are complaining that tecno release phone every three months, tell me which company isn't doing that? Samsung galaxy s4 has 5 different versions with different chips, core, gpu, lte, and so on... What about Sony? Or HTC? All of them are the same. Samsung in particular launches new phone every month, the only advantage they have is OTA, which I'm very sure tecno will come up with soon. You can't expect them to launch only one phone a year in a market where there is fierce competition. Buy phone that suits your needs, enjoy it. Don't buy phone because people are buying it, look for what you like and go for it.

i bliv u are still new to android lol... tecno is even rejected by chinese.. tecno is more of african now... lol... chinese no even know tecno.. google and find out.. zopo, umi,thl,gionee,ziayhu, all no be tecno mate.. tecno is still a learner... and na only nigeria wey no phone dey , na im dem fit conquer... altho i still dey use my tecno... i dont lie when i see d truth... all u guys wey dem dey call tecno fans, are not really tecno fans.. u guys havnt been able yet to raise enough money and get somtin better.. so u guys are ready to defend yhur stuff to d last... una try sha.. but make una no compare tecno with phones wey fit murder them again....

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by paulabdeel(m): 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2013
deejay_harry1: u are the only sensible guy on dis thread.... any phone tht dosnt support OTA update yet is still whack to me...

i have left d tecno world since... and im never comin bck till they make somting great .. bro i respect yhu
You make half sense.(Not in a rude way) But your arithmetic does not add up. A person who bought an N7 and decides to buy an F7, does not throw away the former. He sells at depreciated value and tops up to buy the latter. Having said that, lack of OTA upgrade is a big minus for Tecno. But then the average user does not chase after every little innovation. My N7 suffices for now.

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 23, 2013
paulabdeel: You make half sense.(Not in a rude way) But your arithmetic does not add up. A person who bought an N7 and decides to buy an F7, does not throw away the former. He sells at depreciated value and tops up to buy the latter. Having said that, lack of OTA upgrade is a big minus for Tecno. But then the average user does not chase after every little innovation. My N7 suffices for now.
truetalk my bro.. im not hatin on tecno at all... but the way they go to d length of even attackin other brands wey pass them, is really annoying... u arw respectable bro

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by LordReed(m): 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2013
deejay_harry1: i bliv u are still new to android lol... tecno is even rejected by chinese.. tecno is more of african now... lol... chinese no even know tecno.. google and find out.. zopo, umi,thl,gionee,ziayhu, all no be tecno mate.. tecno is still a learner... and na only nigeria wey no phone dey , na im dem fit conquer... altho i still dey use my tecno... i dont lie when i see d truth... all u guys wey dem dey call tecno fans, are not really tecno fans.. u guys havnt been able yet to raise enough money and get somtin better.. so u guys are ready to defend yhur stuff to d last... una try sha.. but make una no compare tecno with phones wey fit murder them again....

Get your facts straight Tecno is not rejected in China. They don't sell in China period stop adding unnecessary embellishments.

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by nellytivities(f): 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2013
Please I need help here, I complained of mouthpiece issues some time ago and thanks o u guys I went to carlcare and it was fixed. Just collected my phone today. Now the issue is that I can't seem to download anything from Google play. Skype, viber, nothing is working. Adobe reader, nothing. The response I get is something about application pack not supported PR package file is invalid. The only things I could put back in the phone were the apps on the assistant. And even with the quick office PDF reader I got from the assistance, I still can t read PDF files. What do I do please?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 23, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Get your facts straight Tecno is not rejected in China. They don't sell in China period stop adding unnecessary embellishments.
why dont they sell in china becoz they will be rejected with dis kind of specs...
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 23, 2013
deejay_harry1: i bliv u are still new to android lol... tecno is even rejected by chinese.. tecno is more of african now... lol... chinese no even know tecno.. google and find out.. zopo, umi,thl,gionee,ziayhu, all no be tecno mate.. tecno is still a learner... and na only nigeria wey no phone dey , na im dem fit conquer... altho i still dey use my tecno... i dont lie when i see d truth... all u guys wey dem dey call tecno fans, are not really tecno fans.. u guys havnt been able yet to raise enough money and get somtin better.. so u guys are ready to defend yhur stuff to d last... una try sha.. but make una no compare tecno with phones wey fit murder them again....

I thought you were teamtecno? what is all the noise after trying to defend them at first? I'll just shut up if I were you instead of quoting all post just to make a point on how tecno is cheating their Customers.

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by LordReed(m): 8:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
deejay_harry1: why dont they sell in china becoz they will be rejected with dis kind of specs...

Nope wrong again. Tecno chose Africa purely as a business decision. With the kind of distribution network they are setting up they probably will do more volumes than their counterparts focused on China. Tecno's success here in Africa will bring other brands running. Gionee and Thl are already making moves. These are purely business decisions not sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by mcgboye(m): 8:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
People go on and on about OTA and OS updates not being available for Tecno users. But are there significant improvements for every new OS release? I think not. I have a friend who uses one old tecno (i think their first smartphone) and with his Android 2.3.something, he still accessed the google play last time we talked. Someone here uses a D5 with Android 4.0 and of cos he is still able to access the 700,000+ apps on google play. I don't think OTA should be a deal breaker, unless your usage requires you to migrate to the very latest OS. This isn't the case in most case.

And in any case, you're not going to use your smartphone for more than 2 years. I know people who cannot buy the S3 when there's S4, even though in my opinion the differences aren't so significant to justify the 40k extra you'll pay it. 4 of my colleagues use the S4, two use the S3. Apart from the fact that, to the untrained eyes at least, there's not much noticeable differences, only one of those people using S4 uses the air gesture and the other paparazzi.

I think, like it's been said here severally, unless you really have to spend 100k on a device, there's absolutely nothing wrong (and there's everything sensible) in buying a phone that addresses you requirements 100%.

To keep comparing phones with such huge price differentials doesn't really make so much sense IMO.

Given the specs, strengths and limitations of the Phantom A1, Would Samsung have sold the same device at the price A1 is going for

Your guess us as good as mine.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by amodaade: 8:47pm On Jul 23, 2013
I would like to buy the phone, but need to go through the user manual first. Please, does anyone know where to download the user manual,and would the phone synchronize with outlook? Thanks.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by nellytivities(f): 9:04pm On Jul 23, 2013
No one is saying anything. embarassed
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by TrebleChamp(m): 9:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
Guys does greenify work on non rooted phone?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
DeeManD:

You sir, are quite observant; for I follow all things tecno and use all their touchscreen phones and have come to this same conclusion.

Let me explain, a mega phone make in Philippines is called CHERRYMOBILE and their android phones are like TECNO here, and their initial top offering is called OMEGA HD just like the PHANTOM A, and they have just gone OMEGA HD version 2 with 1.2Ghz quad processors which matches the promise bandied by tecno for their next phone after the N7. To cut a long story short, I'm waiting patiently for that quad phone.

And oh, here are the specs:
Cherry Mobile Omega HD 2.0 specs:

MediaTek MT6589 chipset
1.2GHz quad-core CPU
Imagination Technologies PowerVR SGX544 GPU
1GB RAM
4GB internal storage
microSD expansion (up to 32GB)
5-inch IPS-LCD display with Dragontrail glass (720 x 1,280 resolution; 294ppi)
12-megapixel rear camera with BSI technology and LED flash
2-megapixel front camera with BSI technology
2,100mAh battery
Android Jelly Bean

And a link to a video too....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLc6t8_HBCQ

I rest my case. Now let me see if I can push myself to making a phone call and then give away my much-modded N7.

Thanks tecno.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by pj3400(m): 9:42pm On Jul 23, 2013
The phone don dey scarce now and the price is increasing daily. Now 41k Før slot.37k Før ijebu ode. Hmmmmmmm. Am a tecno fan true. And true and use to follow them keenly but pls, be careful when you compare it with some machines phone. If u are the type that use different kind of phones a lot or if u use to configure it a lot, then u will realize that some phones are uncompareable. But I respect every one opinion cos u have right to it.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 23, 2013
All about the Quad speeds. Compare and Contrast.

Samsung Exynos 4412 Quad (Quad core ARM Cortex A-9/Mali 400MP Gaphics) - 15574 Antutu Benchmark Points

Samsung Galaxy S III (Quad core 1.4 GHz Exynos 4/Mali 400-MP) - 15574

Nvidia Tegra 3 (Quad core ARM Cortex A-9/Nvidia ULP Gaphics) - 11633 to 13519 Antutu Benchmarks Points

HTC One X+ (Quad core 1.7 GHz/Tegra 3) - 13519
HTC One X (Quad core 1.5 GHz/Tegra 3) - 11633

MediaTek MT6589 (Quad core ARM Cortex A-7/PowerVR SGX544 Graphics) - 11345 to 13189 Antutu Benchmarks Points

O+ 8.15 (1.2 GHz) - 13189
Cherry Mobile HD 2.0 (1.2 GHz) -12668 <<<<<--------- SAME PHONE AS TECNO F7 (Phantom A+) Edition
MyPhone A919i Duo (1.2 GHz) - 11345

copied from http://mobileraptor..com/2013/06/just-how-fast-is-mediatek-mt6589-chipset.html
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by silvernice(m): 10:28pm On Jul 23, 2013

you just said it all. all this noise from Sammy users is baseless. I use phantom now and have used a series of HTC phones in the past. why does HTC release different versions of HTC one or even HTC desire series then in a space of few months. please people should stop defending phone companies here. they are all out to make money. so enjoy your phone while u can
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by labellat: 10:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
Godvilla: They called me all sort of names...etc even claim am using a Tecno N3 etc.....
Its the same story on TL3 thread rite now. A fan will always be a fan no matter what
As am a Chelsea fan, if we play good or bad, i'll support 'em but sumtyms we need to listen to others so we dnt fall victims of similar mistakes.
Threads are created for awareness, both pros and cons BUT to be sincere with u, the cons in Tecno plenty pass the pros xcept for the Rugged N3(only if Tecno culd upgrade this TN3 with 4GB ROM, 782RAM, Jelly Bean, 3.7" or 4"wink
But dem claim dem sabi pass go launch N7(fail) F7(fail) now F7+(Only God knows) Calculate the money e don reach u buy SGS4!!!
I don talk am, and if una like make una use AK47 scatter my mouth....cheesy
It seems you are jobless illiterate.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by labellat: 10:41pm On Jul 23, 2013

Amen
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by silvernice(m): 10:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
mcgboye: People go on and on about OTA and OS updates not being available for Tecno users. But are there significant improvement for every new OS releases? I think not. I have a friend who uses one old tecno (i think their first smartphone) and with his Android 2.3.something, he still accesses the google play last time we talked. Someone here uses a D5 with Android 4.0 and of cos he is still able to access the 700,000+ apps on google play. I don't think how OTA should be a deal breaker, unless your usage requires you to migrate to the very latest OS. This isn't the case in most case.

And in any case, you're not going to use your smartphone for more than 2 years. I know people who cannot buy the S3 when there's S4, even though in my opinion the differences aren't so significant to justify the 40k extra you'll pay it. 4 of my colleagues use the S4, two use the S3. Apart from the fact that, to the untrained eyes at least, there's not much noticeable differences, only one of those people using S4 uses the air gesture and the other paparazzi.

I think, like it's been said here severally, unless you really have to spend 100k on a device, there's absolutely nothing wrong (and there's everything sensible) in buying a phone that addresses you requirements 100%.

To keep comparing phones with such huge price differentials doesn't really make so much sense IMO.

Given the specs, strengths and limitations of the Phantom A1, Would Samsung have sold the same device at the price A1 is going for

Your guess us as good as mine.

Pls. tell them o. I would scarcely imagine if Samsung would sell the phantom a1 for such price when the differences in s3 and phantom would never convince a insane man to pay twice the price of phantom. for s3.
Now to address the noise of ota updates. how many persons can spot the differences in the new releases. Or are you in the software's engine?

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by labellat: 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2013
lat4real: Do people actually buy phone because they need it or because they see that people are buying it? For crying loud, why would you buy something you don't need? You saw tecno specifications before you bought it, so why complaining of lack of OTA, OLD CPU/GPU, etc. I saw tecno f7 specifications and when it doesn't suit my needs, i look elsewhere... That is, i have choice and i made it. Stop whining if you don't like any phone, they don't force you to buy it.
Don't mind them,some people don't get work than to spoil someones hand work that's why they never succeed,leave people to get their choice or is it because Tecno is selling.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by directonpc(m): 4:07am On Jul 24, 2013
silvernice:

Pls. tell them o. I would scarcely imagine if Samsung would sell the phantom a1 for such price when the differences in s3 and phantom would never convince a insane man to pay twice the price of phantom. for s3.
Now to address the noise of ota updates. how many persons can spot the differences in the new releases. Or are you in the software's engine?
difference between s3 and ta1 not much? Mehn check ur brain abeg.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 4:23am On Jul 24, 2013
[quote author=akinlolusewanu9][/quote] you're welcome bro
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 4:27am On Jul 24, 2013
alorauzoms:
saw it in a phone shop (micro station) @ comp villa.
yes the phantom A+ is out. Costs 37k.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by labellat: 4:34am On Jul 24, 2013
Coolstan: yes the phantom A+ is out. Costs 37k.
Coolstan,i will someone know if this true,how can i know the difference?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by francis247(m): 4:38am On Jul 24, 2013
souljaboi51: i got this tecno phantom a abt a month ago for 34k and i have just one word. its "AWESOME!!!" from d hd graphics, d processing speed, battery life, extra power pack, screen protector, 1gb ram, 8mp camera etc. the phone is just wonderful. chinko or not it meets my needs. video skyping, hotspot, name it. little diff compared to s3. good value for money and comes with warranty so if u have any problem within a year, just return it. besides, samsung is also chinko. made in asia aint it. all na packaging. glad i sold my bold 5
If only you'll still be singing this song two to three months later.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Rajgan4edu: 5:29am On Jul 24, 2013
Godvilla: iPhone devices are known for Bad bat3 backups.
We are talking about Android and not iOS pleeeaase!!!
U dis godville, Wetin be ur own self, u claim 2 use a sony xperia S, yet, u're alwaz on d tecno thread, n3, p3, f7, even d new L3, they don chase u comot 4rm L3 already wen u found some genuises that hav already rubbished ur gpu claims already. If u're actually a geek, nd u want 2 advice, there are ways of doin dt instead of destroyin d integrity of d phone brand. So, make those that av already bot d phone go die or wot? Abeg take am easy o, enjoy ur S, nd if u knw u dnt av any idea on how 2 manage d issues u claim tecno phones av, then pls, dnt try 2 make them feel bad, ure nt d only 1 dt knows abt android here. 'empty vessels make most noise'. 1 luv bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (161) (Reply)

GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. / How To Unlock Your Swift, Smile Etc MIFI To Use Ntel Sim. / PSP Forum(PSP Emulator For Android/iPhone)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.