Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,759 members, 7,889,443 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:16 PM

Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread - Phones (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread (342998 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) / Rooting Tecno F7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by viazi: 9:37pm On Jun 23, 2013
TCD: got this phone few days ago. phone is great and I'm enjoying it but I think the battery has issues.

it takes forever to charge. there are times the battery will just remain at a point for hours and refuse to move up while charging. I put off the phone, put it on, battery level drops from 80's to like 15% from there it will remain for hours till it decides to start charging again. today battery was at 15% I put it off and left it on charge and slept for 3 hours. on waking up battery was still charging I put it on and the damn thing is still on 15% unplugged the charger and it happily dropped down to 14%.

at certain times while using the battery drops from 100% to 90% in less than 5 minutes, after that rate of discharge stabilizes then at like 30% the battery starts counting down like stopwatch till 14% in a matter of minutes.

All these is highly distressing and can't understand why a new device should act like this. This is almost ruining my first android experience maybe I should have gone for a more established name.
REBOOT YOUR PHONE, use up the battery till its empty, charge by plugging charger to a stabilizer connected to NEPA light and charge till its full, allow charging for extra 30 mins after your FONE says CHARGED.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by viazi: 9:45pm On Jun 23, 2013
Bornstar: hello dear nairalanders I am back with review:
What i mean by soft battery was as at the time I unparked my F7 phantom A1 I pressed my battery with both hands on it and it very soft like ogi but I got home I switched it phone and charged it, it wasn't up to 3hours and the was fully charged.

my observation now is that F7 phantom A1 is not bad and the battery life as android phone is OK much better than blackberry Z10 for now pending when BBM is introduced to android for more comparison.

I used original Samsung charger to charge it, to very honest with 3G+ the battery drains down quickly than expected and mine has many applications running on it.

Techno F7 phantom is great, picture quality is awesome and sound is nice and games, infact a lots to say about this phone.

less I forget after charging the battery it became strong and OK.

on Edge F7 battery can last for over 18 to 20 hours plus browsing and phone calls notifications update and avast actively ruining etc.

I am sending mail on my F7 phantom A1. cheers, happy Sunday.

U are a very funny fellow. How can a phone battery be as soft as OGI ha ha ha U must be kidding me. However, U are advised to PORT from Avast to another Anti Virus for your battery sake. Also I advice U read through the thread for other proven battery improvement tips.

Thank God Your BATTERY is now strong as KULIKULI ha ha ha

2 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
This bat3 issue can only be solved by a software upgrade via OTA or direct customer service @ calcare.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by bharseeth(m): 11:19pm On Jun 23, 2013
Godvilla: This bat3 issue can only be solved by a software upgrade via OTA or direct customer service @ calcare.

OTA upgrade? Explain more pls
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by bharseeth(m): 11:20pm On Jun 23, 2013
Godvilla: This bat3 issue can only be solved by a software upgrade via OTA or direct customer service @ calcare.

OTA upgrade? On Tecno? Explain more pls
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by sambo4allyahoocom: 11:21pm On Jun 23, 2013
cyrexx:

Bros, thanks for your advice, but in my case I followed all the rules for first charging. I'm sure many people here knows about first charging rule. The problem with f7 is that the phone capacity and power consumption (hd screen, 5inch, 3g dual sim, crisp clear display etc) far exceeds the 2100mah battery they bundled with it.

Maybe I was not fortunate enough to get a not-so-good battery. Though it was sealed and untouched when I bought it, with untouched tecno seal.

I even went to their CC to complain, I was told there's nothing they can do as there's no extra f7 battery available.

The reason why I am stating this is warn potential buyers to be very careful when buying this machine, to know exactly what they might experience if not so lucky. It's a very good phone,I must say, except for quick battery drainage issues I have with it.

Thanks.
Bros is there no any other Samsung battry or any brand at all even tho N7 battry dat can fit in dis F7 at all as alternative?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Abujabir24: 11:37pm On Jun 23, 2013
jaymichael: Airtel blackberry plan. *440*161# for 4GB for two months. 1500 naira. If you have not used the plan before, you should subscribe for airtel daily bundle 100naira to activate it. you can check for the code online or call customer care. good luck.
Okay. If I get u correctly, air tel is the best for now. So wen I buy a new air tel sim, I should first of all activate a 1 data plan? before going ahead with the bis? what about APN address, and username?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by sambo4allyahoocom: 11:44pm On Jun 23, 2013
TCD: got this phone few days ago. phone is great and I'm enjoying it but I think the battery has issues.

it takes forever to charge. there are times the battery will just remain at a point for hours and refuse to move up while charging. I put off the phone, put it on, battery level drops from 80's to like 15% from there it will remain for hours till it decides to start charging again. today battery was at 15% I put it off and left it on charge and slept for 3 hours. on waking up battery was still charging I put it on and the damn thing is still on 15% unplugged the charger and it happily dropped down to 14%.

at certain times while using the battery drops from 100% to 90% in less than 5 minutes, after that rate of discharge stabilizes then at like 30% the battery starts counting down like stopwatch till 14% in a matter of minutes.

All these is highly distressing and can't understand why a new device should act like this. This is almost ruining my first android experience maybe I should have gone for a more established name.
Guy if wat u re saying is true, dat ur problem is not 4rm battry it is 4rm d phone.. Just take it to a sound phone engineer he wil help u out if carl care cnt help, its onece happen 2 my Motorola... An like others re sayin used original Samsung charger it an see the different... Dnt suffer urself again!
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Proffdada: 11:51pm On Jun 23, 2013
has anyone been able to resolve the chainfire 3D bricked TF7?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Otantu: 11:54pm On Jun 23, 2013
sambo4all@yahoo.com:
Guy if wat u re saying is true, dat ur problem is not 4rm battry it is 4rm d phone.. Just take it to a sound phone engineer he wil help u out if carl care cnt help, its onece happen 2 my Motorola... An like others re sayin used original Samsung charger it an see the different... Dnt suffer urself again!
@sambo r still going to buy this phone? to me 34k is a big risk 4 me with all dis battery issues. o

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Otantu: 12:00am On Jun 24, 2013
sambo4all@yahoo.com:
@sambo r still going to buy this phone? to me 34k is a big risk 4 me with all dis battery issues o
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by biomedixexcel(m): 12:00am On Jun 24, 2013
mr.drizzy:
Abeg u ppl are wasting pages writing long irrelevant things,isnt a smartfone made to do all dose things ina dey call,for goodness sake lets accept the truth tecno were suppose to have a good ba3 check out lenovo p770 with the same features as this(plus the old chipset)..they did lots of test and figured its gonna be such a ba3 waster/hoter so they increased the ba3 to 3500mah..imagine..tecno didnt even do test ,dey jst make fones and give us(africans) asper we dnt knw anything bout tech..smh

Get ur a.s.s out, how did u know that they didn't do any test? were u there? ha ba! bad mouth odour! At least only 10% buyers are still complaining of d battery
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by sambo4allyahoocom: 12:05am On Jun 24, 2013
Otantu: @sambo r still going to buy this phone? to me 34k is a big risk 4 me with all dis battery issues. o
U are right, dat why i decided to take a break to see if there wil a betta solution.. Cos i went an price Galaxy note2 dem talk 70k, Omo i com run stil come back an wait on techno and see watz up..
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by sambo4allyahoocom: 12:06am On Jun 24, 2013
Otantu: @sambo r still going to buy this phone? to me 34k is a big risk 4 me with all dis battery issues. o
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by emperorjray(m): 12:24am On Jun 24, 2013
chibuike123: typical bb madness
why all dis on dis page.D̶̲̥̅̊σϞ† let truth be kolanut †̥Ơ̴͡ U̶̲̥̅̊.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by alorauzoms(m): 12:28am On Jun 24, 2013
i fink des issues r as a result bug asociated wif new os (JB 4.1.1) stock version, same wif infinix bolt ICS OS..Wht it nids is just a software upgrade (patch). Either OTA or manual (visitin dier customer centre.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by victoor(m): 12:45am On Jun 24, 2013
Pls can chainfire work on this phone
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Popsy1(m): 1:24am On Jun 24, 2013
OK.. I just gatta talk... d ba3 of d techno f7 z awesum... charged it fully in d morning, used it intensively during d day (takin pix, sendin thru Bluetooth to oda fones, listenin 2 music, browsing, etc).. came bk and wanted d ba3 to die so I didn't charge it.. switched on 3g, increased brightness to maximum and switched on all switchables until d ba3 gave up.. in total, I got mur Dan 20hrs!!!

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Faru: 6:25am On Jun 24, 2013
Popsy1: OK.. I just gatta talk... d ba3 of d techno f7 z awesum... charged it fully in d morning, used it intensively during d day (takin pix, sendin thru Bluetooth to oda fones, listenin 2 music, browsing, etc).. came bk and wanted d ba3 to die so I didn't charge it.. switched on 3g, increased brightness to maximum and switched on all switchables until d ba3 gave up.. in total, I got mur Dan 20hrs!!!

Na true! For your mind. I beg enter house make u sleep so that d beautiful dream go comot for ya eyes. 20 hrs with intensive use, na otondos u think say dey for here?

2 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by coobboy(m): 7:11am On Jun 24, 2013
see u guys should stop complaining about this phone once u've bought it u've bought it already you guys should look at the good side of the phone and stop comparing it with other phones the phone is genuine on its own has its own image........battery una dey talk like canal pple shey blackberry battery no dey come down fast fast due to the g network? cant even last for 10hrs... see make una leave the phone like that and dont lead people astray by the end of the montb i'm gonna buy the phone..........u should look at the n3 thread due to the low memory it does not concern them look at the pictures of games and apps there pple sharing pictures and app why cant you just be like that there........... see ets leave this phone the way it i've been following this thread since day one... comparism and complaining aint good look at the good side not the bad side

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by viazi: 9:00am On Jun 24, 2013
I seriusly think we are Using different F7 or Either some people are too proud and sturborn to follow the Tips we have been giving here.

I used a Bold4 b4 dumbing it for F7 and I must tell U that dis device has saved me from Battery wahala. I really dont understand the battery issues U guys are talking about.Maybe some people dont have anything doing than PRESSING FONE CONTINOUSLY UNTIL BATTERY DIES.For me as a busy Professional, I leave my house with 100 percent battery in the morning and I dont charge until I get home by 6pm and I still have some battery left. I hardly use my power Bank these days. In sum I thunk the battery of F7 gets better as U continue using it up and charging, I noticed these issues during the first week of use, but it continues getting better as I applied the battery tips until its now perfect.

Those complaining should humble themselves and read through the thread and apply the Tips on battery already posted. Enjoy your F7.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by sinto08: 9:22am On Jun 24, 2013
Lolz my people I cannot lie u ooooooo 4 did thread just go try am Na insyd did thread me c d tweak on d battery of f7 just over charge ur fone I mean ur f7 God b4 it drops e go they mine is using over 10 hrz .Playing continuous game and chatting @ d same tym
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by henro111(m): 9:24am On Jun 24, 2013
jaymichael: Airtel blackberry plan. *440*161# for 4GB for two months. 1500 naira. If you have not used the plan before, you should subscribe for airtel daily bundle 100naira to activate it. you can check for the code online or call customer care. good luck.
Pls can anybody confirm this for me if 4gb is truly awarded for airtel #1,500 subscription
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Tycoon4(m): 9:26am On Jun 24, 2013
Faru:

Na true! For your mind. I beg enter house make u sleep so that d beautiful dream go comot for ya eyes. 20 hrs with intensive use, na otondos u think say dey for here?

well, i gats chip this in..you most probably wont get upto 20hours battery life on heavy usage, but you will surely get more than enough which is ok for an android phone.

yesterday i used the phone from 6.30am through 2pm and still had 50% left before i decided to charge it again, despite surfing, listening to music, playing temple run and whatsap-ing. So really, i find it difficult to believe people who keep complaing about the battery life of the phone. I'm pretty sure there's something you people are not doing right!

My 2cents!
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by jice(m): 9:36am On Jun 24, 2013
Godvilla: smileyPhew!
Just placed an order for Xiaomi Mi2S 32GB ROM variation on Aliexpress via EMS. Total price=$449. I'll get it in less than 2weeks smiley

you compare 111k phone with 30k?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by physise(m): 9:42am On Jun 24, 2013
nawa o people can dey waste money just to buy fone becous of gaming angry angry angry angry
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Digatron(m): 10:35am On Jun 24, 2013
Faru:

E be like say Na only me and you dey use this phone o! Anyway, have u gone to tecno to complain? I would have done same but am in Benin. Let us get an official statement from them. I had 100% ba3 in the morning went to work with my power bank still came back from work with my phone dead. Now am forced to by a car charger. Guy I can feel your pain cos am also in the same mess. I have suspended my anger until I visit tecno by month end and I pray they have answers otherwise kata kata go burst!
haha .....Am using same F7 wit u But I haven't experienced this situation of urs. take heart. mine lasts a day upon heavy usage, use greenify app to see if ur situation can improve smiley[quote author=Far
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by tharbee: 11:19am On Jun 24, 2013
pls I need help. my googleplay store is opening, but it's not downloading. it's just stuck on downloading.... no matter how long I wait.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Peroluv(m): 11:29am On Jun 24, 2013
victoor: Pls can chainfire work on this phone
dont use chainfire3d else u will kill ur weak f7
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Mariesio: 11:39am On Jun 24, 2013
Hmm, been following this thread from the beginning. I fell in love with the phone then fell out of it again. I must say that battery problem is peculiar to Android phone(am using one now) but the complains on this platform is overwhelming!!! Wont mind giving d phone a trial if I get free bucks somewhere!
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 24, 2013
coobboy: see u guys should stop complaining about this phone once u've bought it u've bought it already you guys should look at the good side of the phone and stop comparing it with other phones the phone is genuine on its own has its own image........battery una dey talk like canal pple shey blackberry battery no dey come down fast fast due to the g network? cant even last for 10hrs... see make una leave the phone like that and dont lead people astray by the end of the montb i'm gonna buy the phone..........u should look at the n3 thread due to the low memory it does not concern them look at the pictures of games and apps there pple sharing pictures and app why cant you just be like that there........... see ets leave this phone the way it i've been following this thread since day one... comparism and complaining aint good look at the good side not the bad side
U say make dem no compare yet u mention BB? Abeg if u dey call phone, NO do mistake mention BB again ooo sad
"SMH"

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (161) (Reply)

How To Unlock Your Swift, Smile Etc MIFI To Use Ntel Sim. / GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. / PSP Forum(PSP Emulator For Android/iPhone)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.