Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,814 members, 7,879,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:44 PM

Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria (36624 Views)

Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why / Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever / Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by lakefist(m): 10:49am On Jun 05, 2013
runzlord:
the last tyme i checked

tecno has 1000 mAH battrey and uses a verylow proccersor which uses lot of power

while htc samsung and nokia phones uses up to 3000mAH battey and uses high proceessors lyk snapgragon 600 and 800

so how does tecno battrey last more?
bros my n3 has 1400mAH and it last..i use my battery for a day if fone is fully charged.
I am a heavy user of phone.i threw my htc away because of the battery prob.
Am loving my tecno n3.
amazing thing is that i make video presentation with animoto app on my tecno n3.
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by Lovexme(m): 10:52am On Jun 05, 2013
texazzpete: What kind of imbecilic article is written about smartphone dominance in Nigeria and does not mention Blackberry?

Like it or not, more Blackberry phones are sold in Nigeria than Samsung & Tecno phones.

Blackberry's popularity is likely to wane when BBM fix their poor batteries, but for a while now Blackberry has been top dog.
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 05, 2013
vowiski:

Where dis one for come out from? You have seen 4G indeed.. na ur coven u 4 c am?

Bro, that guys ignorance and ITK is a case study for UNESCO.

Im own don pass Nairalanders
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 10:53am On Jun 05, 2013
Elxandre:
You are very ignorant dude.
*the tecno n7 you ridiculed has the same resolution with the samsung galaxy grand duos
*the tecno f7 has a better screen resolution , similar processing power, same 1gb ram, 8gb micro sd, included power bank, both are dual sim , both run jelly bean, the samsung galaxy grand duos and its nothing less than 50k while the tecno is 35k (wtf!).
*and samsung is actually fair with the pricing. A sony phone with similar screen and specs could even be 60k

*and lastly, you keep blabbing about tecno users been broke. But i'm sure those who ride bentleys , rolls royce ,buggati will label you a broke ass if they see you riding a chrysler or a camry. So just shut up and stop acting like you own the world.

I dont even use a tecno.

The Galaxy Grand is not a high end phone by any stretch of the imagination...but still for the extra cash over the likes of the F7 and N7 you get the better Samsung build quality, a slightly faster CPU.

The F7 at 35k is a ripoff, sorry to say. The Dual core processor there was popular in early 2012 and has SINCE been relegated to the sidelines in favor of the Quad core A7 Mediatek 6589 SoC. There are Quad core phones on sale from Lenovo with far superior specs for around $140. So even your F7 is somewhat overpriced.

Hope this helps smiley

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 10:54am On Jun 05, 2013
Tosman12:
obviously u are not informed....the latest fear is that blackberry might be facing a ban in nigeria soon as NCC is seeking endorsement for blackbery to hand over somthing that has to do wif security code to subscribers messages and comm in which its against blackberry ethics or soo.....incase u dont kno bb is curently facing extinction and dats why dey are looking at inc. Bbm into otheer platform aside bb phone..... I am sure som1 will get what am sayin incase i dont put it corectly..
Cos dey call it china phone does not really mean its substandard they just find a better way to tell the whole world there is no big deal in nokia selling there phone cheap as dey can still make profit no mata how its designed....

What has all this rubbish got to do with marketshare over the PAST 2 years?!

This is how most of you fail English Language in JAMB and WAEC.
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by Slipknot(m): 10:59am On Jun 05, 2013
mr.drizzy:
hmm
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by Slipknot(m): 11:03am On Jun 05, 2013
kponke denge: All mobile fones shuld be banned in nigeria is corruptin our youths use it to wash blue fim. angry angry

Let us go back to postin days so dat our youth will not spoil smiley

Like dis post if u agree

after so much difficulty in understanding what you wrote, i think what you need is a TecnoPhone with Microsoftword and an updated English Dictionary.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by Elxandre(m): 11:03am On Jun 05, 2013
texazzpete:

The Galaxy Grand is not a high end phone by any stretch of the imagination...but still for the extra cash over the likes of the F7 and N7 you get the better Samsung build quality, a slightly faster CPU.

The F7 at 35k is a ripoff, sorry to say. The Dual core processor there was popular in early 2012 and has SINCE been relegated to the sidelines in favor of the Quad core A7 Mediatek 6589 SoC. There are Quad core phones on sale from Lenovo with far superior specs for around $140. So even your F7 is somewhat overpriced.

Hope this helps smiley

Do i need to start preaching to you before you realize the likes of lenovo , thl dont have strong presence in nigeria yet?
Well i actually told my brother too that i thought the f7 was overpriced compared to other asian models. But to get better options like the thl devices or micromax, you would have to buy online.
Dude wait till the thl and co arrive 9ja. Then it would be a total victory for chinko
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 05, 2013
SUB STANDARD PHONE IS A SUB STANDARD PHONE
THE ONLY REASON THEY MAKE MONEY IN NAIJA, GHANA AND KENYA
IS THAT PEOPLE THERE ARE CHEAP WHO PREFER CHEAP THINGS
OVER QUALITY. IM SURE YOU WONT CATCH A MAN FROM ONE OF THE
DEVELOPED COUNTRIES DEAD WITH A TECHNO
IN FACT NO SANE GOVERNMENT WILL
ALLOW THE IMPORTATION (OR PRODUCTION)OF THAT JUNK
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by xxyz17(m): 11:07am On Jun 05, 2013
vowiski:

Where dis one for come out from? You have seen 4G indeed.. na ur coven u 4 c am?
Dude there's 4G in Nigeria, what you will argue is if the speed is at par with what is obtainable in other parts of the world. I do get 4G on my device.
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by vowiski(m): 11:11am On Jun 05, 2013
xxyz17:
Dude there's 4G in Nigeria, what you will argue is if the speed is at par with what is obtainable in other parts of the world. I do get 4G on my device.

The more attempt you try to be reasonable makes you look like a junk..

I have a CCNA AND CCNP certification, I know 4G when I see one.. tongue
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by xxyz17(m): 11:11am On Jun 05, 2013
texazzpete:

Tecno Q1.

320x 240 screen. LMFAO
1Ghz single core CPU. Hehehe
2.5 inches screen. Yuck
Android Gingerbread. You kidding me?

How can you have a great multimedia experience on a small, 2.5 inch screen? What games do you play on such low end hardware? Look at the quality of the screenshot you posted above. Jagged edges, poor visuals.

compare that car racing game you put there with Real Racing 3 on the Galaxy S4.

It's like saying people who drive 2013 Range Rover should be jealous of someone who drives an ancient Golf because it can also drive from place to place.

grin grin
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by jnoz23(m): 11:15am On Jun 05, 2013
Do these chinko fones have FCC regulation? No be d same china wey we know? No beef! Just thinking aloud!
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by ladeski: 11:22am On Jun 05, 2013
Iko5000: Rubbish
pls elaborate how this is rubbish or post your own views.

cheers
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by xxyz17(m): 11:23am On Jun 05, 2013
vowiski:

The more attempt you try to be reasonable makes you look like a junk..

I have a CCNA AND CCNP certification, I know 4G when I see one.. tongue
I won't go down to your level by resorting to the use of gutter language, but kindly visit this thread and confirm there's 4G in Nigeria. After that you come here and apologize to me cry
https://www.nairaland.com/1169060/also-get-4g-internet-service
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by ladeski: 11:24am On Jun 05, 2013
jnoz23: Do these chinko fones have FCC regulation? No be d same china wey we know? No beef! Just thinking aloud!
you need to read more

I suggest the following

1. business day
2. the economist
3. business sections of newspapers

To summarise, China has taken over the world in manufacturing and production

Is there anything you use now that isn't Chinese made?

As per your question............

Google is your friend

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by zeanslim(m): 11:24am On Jun 05, 2013
texazzpete:

Tecno Q1.

320x 240 screen. LMFAO
1Ghz single core CPU. Hehehe
2.5 inches screen. Yuck
Android Gingerbread. You kidding me?

How can you have a great multimedia experience on a small, 2.5 inch screen? What games do you play on such low end hardware? Look at the quality of the screenshot you posted above. Jagged edges, poor visuals.

compare that car racing game you put there with Real Racing 3 on the Galaxy S4.

It's like saying people who drive 2013 Range Rover should be jealous of someone who drives an ancient Golf because it can also drive from place to place.

now i on y must pple fail
y nt do a little digin bfor u quote me
1 it aint 320 * 240
2. it aint a single core dude
3. it aint a ginger bread
4. find out n stop killin ur sef wit ur over hyped fones (OLODO)

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by ladeski: 11:26am On Jun 05, 2013
xxyz17:
grin grin
comparing that to an s4 is grossly unfair

its like comparing our dear site to facebook

pls compare like for like bro.
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by xxyz17(m): 11:31am On Jun 05, 2013
ladeski: comparing that to an s4 is grossly unfair

its like comparing our dear site to facebook

pls compare like for like bro.
That's what I'm trying to make the Tecno fans understand. Or are you new to this thread?
They claim that N3 can do all the things a high end smart phone can do. That people buying such expensive phone aren't wise.
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by ladeski: 11:36am On Jun 05, 2013
Babzilla: SUB STANDARD PHONE IS A SUB STANDARD PHONE
THE ONLY REASON THEY MAKE MONEY IN NAIJA, GHANA AND KENYA
IS THAT PEOPLE THERE ARE CHEAP WHO PREFER CHEAP THINGS
OVER QUALITY. IM SURE YOU WONT CATCH A MAN FROM ONE OF THE
DEVELOPED COUNTRIES DEAD WITH A TECHNO
IN FACT NO SANE GOVERNMENT WILL
ALLOW THE IMPORTATION (OR PRODUCTION)OF THAT JUNK
writing your views in caps doesn't re-inforce your point. it magnifies your ineptness.

if you know anything about strategy you will know that Tecno has a target audience and target countries (developed nations aren't part of this strategy).

that's not to say their products are JUNK as you incorrectly called it

smh
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by Elxandre(m): 11:38am On Jun 05, 2013
Know-too is destroying a lot of nigerians. In china the phone products are innumerable. They dont care about foreign models there. And tell me is Nigeria more developed than china that produce and use these devices?

Just that the average african man is enslaved methodically to the white man. The asians have broken free, thats why they have all the whites can boast off. And are even getting the whites scared.

Aside tecno there are a million chinese and asian quailty brands out there. But due to the enslaved mentality of the black man, he will always think an American or european product is unconditionally better than even a higher spec rival asian product (branded chinko by ignorant fellows)

Android authority even reviewed the thl w100 and were shocked by quality and $159 price tag. But bring this product to this side of the world, you will see people tagging it as chinko. smh!

the ignorance in this part of the world is appalling

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 11:39am On Jun 05, 2013
zeanslim:
now i on y must pple fail
y nt do a little digin bfor u quote me
1 it aint 320 * 240
2. it aint a single core dude
3. it aint a ginger bread
4. find out n stop killin ur sef wit ur over hyped fones (OLODO)

Those specs taken from the 'Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread'
https://www.nairaland.com/1230055/tecno-q1-discussion-thread

So you clowns don't even know the specs of the phones you buy?

I'm sorry you aren't well off and you aren't very bright, but high end phones are 'high-end' for a reason. You buy a cutting edge phone, you get cutting edge performance.
if you primary motivation is to save money, be my guest. Some other folks like very good cameras, excellent screen resolution, HDMI/MHL out, wireless screen mirroring, fast CPU/GPU to run all the latest apps and games, great build quality and GUARANTEED UPDATES. We pay for that incremental value.

Perhaps you can go over to the Autos section too and heckle people that buy SUVs from Inspired Autos for not buying a Volkswagen Beetle than can still carry them from Lagos to Kano cheesy
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by ladeski: 11:40am On Jun 05, 2013
xxyz17:
That's what I'm trying to make the Tecno fans understand. Or are you new to this thread?
They claim that N3 can do all the things a high end smart phone can do. That people buying such expensive phone aren't wise.
im new bro. tell em o. I use an N7 and my friend recently bought a Samsung duos. though the picture and video quality is better, he was amazed how my phone competed...AT A LOWER COST. That doesn't mean my N7 is as good. just means I can compete. you grab?

I have other things to spend money on.,....shelling 100k on a phone isn't part of it.

No way

Of cos N3 cant do all that a high end smart phone can do

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by zeanslim(m): 11:40am On Jun 05, 2013
texazzpete:

For what it's worth, the specs i quoted were copied from the Nairaland post on the Q1 which already has 26 pages. Not surprising that purveyors of cheap goods do not know what they are buying.

So it's ICS. Big deal. 2.6 inch screen and 320 * 480 resolution is old hat. Single core CPU...ancient GPU...what is this, 2009?

Bottom line is, you folks boast you enjoy the same performance that users of powerful Android phones get. I've showed you otherwise in my previous post. Now, go away!

see big OLODO above ere....u dnt even no a pin about the phone yet u av d GUDZ to open dat ya dirty mouth....find out den cum and modify dix stuf OLODO
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 11:43am On Jun 05, 2013
Elxandre: Know-too is destroying a lot of nigerians. In china the phone products are innumerable. They dont care about foreign models there. And tell me is Nigeria more developed than china that produce and use these devices?

Just that the average african man is enslaved methodically to the white man. The asians have broken free, thats why they have all the whites can boast off. And are even getting the whites scared.

Aside tecno there are a million chinese and asian quailty brands out there. But due to the enslaved mentality of the black man, he will always think an American or european product is unconditionally better than even a higher spec rival asian product (branded chinko by ignorant fellows)

Android authority even reviewed the thl w100 and were shocked by quality and $159 price tag. But bring this product to this side of the world, you will see people tagging it as chinko. smh!

the ignorance in this part of the world is appalling

I'd like to remind you that most of the frontline Android devices are NOT made by Western companies.
HTC is Taiwanese
Samsung is South Korean
LG - South Korea
Sony - Japanese

But I guess facts and common sense have no place in your 'OMG we blacks have inferiority complex because we don't buy cheap 'china' phones' rant. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 11:47am On Jun 05, 2013
zeanslim:
see big OLODO above ere....u dnt even no a pin about the phone yet u av d GUDZ to open dat ya dirty mouth....find out den cum and modify dix stuf OLODO

Take an opinion poll, sample space of 1 million random human beings...let them read through your posts and mine. I'll bet every single one picks you as the 'Olodo' cheesy

At least even I could spell the word 'guts' when I was in JSS1. What's your excuse?

Ask nicely and i'll send you a free copy of this. Brother, you NEED this!

[img]http://exhibits1.museums.org.nz/collection3RML/exhibit4/images/e40002a.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by xxyz17(m): 11:47am On Jun 05, 2013
ladeski: im new bro. tell em o. I use an N7 and my friend recently bought a Samsung duos. though the picture and video quality is better, he was amazed how my phone competed...AT A LOWER COST. That doesn't mean my N7 is as good. just means I can compete. you grab?

I have other things to spend money on.,....shelling 100k on a phone isn't part of it.

No way

Of cos N3 cant do all that a high end smart phone can do
For once, an honest Techno user!
Funny thing is many of the people I'm arguing with either use Techno as their first ever smart phone, or aren't tech savvy.
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by zeanslim(m): 11:48am On Jun 05, 2013
texazzpete:

Those specs taken from the 'Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread'
https://www.nairaland.com/1230055/tecno-q1-discussion-thread

So you clowns don't even know the specs of the phones you buy?

I'm sorry you aren't well off and you aren't very bright, but high end phones are 'high-end' for a reason. You buy a cutting edge phone, you get cutting edge performance.
if you primary motivation is to save money, be my guest. Some other folks like very good cameras, excellent screen resolution, HDMI/MHL out, wireless screen mirroring, fast CPU/GPU to run all the latest apps and games, great build quality and GUARANTEED UPDATES. We pay for that incremental value.

Perhaps you can go over to the Autos section too and heckle people that buy SUVs from Inspired Autos for not buying a Volkswagen Beetle than can still carry them from Lagos to Kano cheesy

U R THE CLOWN U HEARD/READ U DNT SEE N YET U TALK Y NT FEEL 1 BFOR U TALK ? above specs was bfor d phone was realeased xo does dude were guessin .....like u r nw DUDE
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by zeanslim(m): 11:51am On Jun 05, 2013
texazzpete:

Take an opinion poll, sample space of 1 million random human beings...let them read through your posts and mine. I'll bet every single one picks you as the 'Olodo' cheesy

At least even I could spell the word 'guts' when I was in JSS1. What's your excuse?

[img]http://exhibits1.museums.org.nz/collection3RML/exhibit4/images/e40002a.jpg[/img]

DATS JUX AN EXCUSE TO RUN and i used it cos of u inability to DIGG
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by xxyz17(m): 11:51am On Jun 05, 2013
texazzpete:

Knockout grin cheesy
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 05, 2013
I wönder hw people LovePeddler over these tecno like it has something i have not seen.i have used d5 and handled p3..to my side those phones are low ended with good price..i have been using htc and the truth is this a 2010 android g2 is better than tecno n3 and thier price are thesame..so i benefit when using a tecno because its new finish.
Re: Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria by GodswillAJudins(m): 12:03pm On Jun 05, 2013
texazzpete:

For what it's worth, the specs i quoted were copied from the Nairaland post on the Q1 which already has 26 pages. Not surprising that purveyors of cheap goods do not know what they are buying.

So it's ICS. Big deal. 2.6 inch screen and 320 * 480 resolution is old hat. Single core CPU...ancient GPU...what is this, 2009?

Bottom line is, you folks boast you enjoy the same performance that users of powerful Android phones get. I've showed you otherwise in my previous post. Now, go away!

am here so get lost before its too late.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) / Mtn Introduces 2GB For N1000 Data Plan / Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.