Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,629 members, 7,882,128 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 04:23 PM

Song Banned In Athens For “encouraging” Islam - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Song Banned In Athens For “encouraging” Islam (14521 Views)

10 Everyday Things Banned In Saudi Arabia / Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy / Muslims Banned From Praying Outdoors In France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Song Banned In Athens For “encouraging” Islam by Rexyl(m): 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2013
golpen:

You christians have been bathed with confusion. I'll guess you don't even know the meaning of BC and AD. Maybe I should tell you.

BC means Before Christ's birth, while AD means After the Death of christ.

So how can christ be born around 4 years before his own birth and die 33 years after his own death. You must be sick. cheesy

Go treat yourself, rephrase your postpeople before you get a deserved answer. E seun!

people like are just trying to avoid Christ‘s message of salvation to pursue worthless things of vain glory of the earth, which are the makes of deception of Satan. Christ‘s message is purely of facts that reveal how man can live to relate properly with God and do His will in clear and sound mind. Christianity is not about worthless argument on history, events or discovery that weaken ones mind to serve God. God wants you to fear and serve Him in obedience to His command as delivered by Christ‘s message.
Re: Song Banned In Athens For “encouraging” Islam by golpen(m): 2:58pm On Jun 13, 2013
Rexyl:

people like are just trying to avoid Christ‘s message of salvation to pursue worthless things of vain glory of the earth, which are the makes of deception of Satan. Christ‘s message is purely of facts that reveal how man can live to relate properly with God and do His will in clear and sound mind. Christianity is not about worthless argument on history, events or discovery that weaken ones mind to serve God. God wants you to fear and serve Him in obedience to His command as delivered by Christ‘s message.

I can see you're your brother's keeper, but don't you think it's better to correct him giving the right accounts (that's if you know it), instead of accusing me in trying to save him from his dilemma.

You want to teach your student without knowing the topic, then what lesson can you teach?.. I agree he want to pass across a message from Jesus, but he stumbled right from giving the accounts of his birth and death. Well, the bible is also confused as to whether joaichin was 8 or 18 years old when he became king. It's not new.
Re: Song Banned In Athens For “encouraging” Islam by Rexyl(m): 4:24pm On Jun 13, 2013
golpen:

I can see you're your brother's keeper, but don't you think it's better to correct him giving the right accounts (that's if you know it), instead of accusing me in trying to save him from his dilemma.

You want to teach your student without knowing the topic, then what lesson can you teach?.. I agree he want to pass across a message from Jesus, but he stumbled right from giving the accounts of his birth and death. Well, the bible is also confused as to whether joaichin was 8 or 18 years old when he became king. It's not new.

Just like many of your like minds get confused easily on something they know and what they do not know, but God expects something very great from you only if you have what it takes to possess it: it is what He requires from you, which you are yet to possess. Brace up for the truth, know the truth and live by it. The truth is that message of Christ does not show God as God of confusion.
Re: Song Banned In Athens For “encouraging” Islam by golpen(m): 5:10pm On Jun 13, 2013
Rexyl:

Just like many of your like minds get confused easily on something they know and what they do not know, but God expects something very great from you only if you have what it takes to possess it: it is what He requires from you, which you are yet to possess. Brace up for the truth, know the truth and live by it. "The truth is that message of Christ does not show God as God of confusion."

Just like many of yours, the confused, think it is another people that is. Let's call a spade a spade and correct the mistakes of someone, you're telling me what is not. You don't even have any point to prove and I doubt you know anything about what you are saying here.

I agree with the fact that: "The truth is that message of Christ does not show God as God of confusion.", but the question is was joaichin 18 yrs (2 kings 24:8 ) or 8 yrs (2 chr 36:9), when he reigned. And is that supposed to be from God?
Re: Song Banned In Athens For “encouraging” Islam by Rexyl(m): 6:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
golpen:

Just like many of yours, the confused, think it is another people that is. Let's call a spade a spade and correct the mistakes of someone, you're telling me what is not. You don't even have any point to prove and I doubt you know anything about what you are saying here.

I agree with the fact that: "The truth is that message of Christ does not show God as God of confusion.", but the question is was joaichin 18 yrs (2 kings 24:8 ) or 8 yrs (2 chr 36:9), when he reigned. And is that supposed to be from God?

I thought you had been reminded again about what you should know and settle your mind with. The truth that erased confusion in the heart of person that wants to listen and obey, that simple thing: the truth about the message of saving grace of God. Man or his accounts of events may be liable to some errors but only the Spirit speaks the truth even when mind of man is in dark about proper understanding in some aspects. While will you reference history that confuses you instead of settling for the plain truths that are without controversy in the Bible? The truth that has sustained a Christian to behave normally and reasonably in societies. Christians, I mean people who are trained to stay in the knowledge of God, who apply and live in the renewed relationship with God.
Re: Song Banned In Athens For “encouraging” Islam by arrester: 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2013
Pastor Adeboye earns my admiration and respect for his sermons, character and comportment,but I believe it is blasphemous and sacrillegious to compare Pastor Adeboye or 0yedepo with Prophet Muhammad(saw) Jesus Christ(as) Moses(as)0r any of the divine Prophets.I am also cocksure if you ask Pastor Adeboye he would reject such unholy comparison. We should be careful about what we say,out of hatred, on religious personalities.As for the person of Prophet Muhammed(saw) golpen has done justice to the topic in his post and I have nothing more to add.

1 Like

Re: Song Banned In Athens For “encouraging” Islam by golpen(m): 6:48pm On Jun 13, 2013
Rexyl:

I thought you had been reminded again about what you should know and settle your mind with. The truth that erased confusion in the heart of person that wants to listen and obey, that simple thing: the truth about the message of saving grace of God. Man or his accounts of events may be liable to some errors but only the Spirit speaks the truth even when mind of man is in dark about proper understanding in some aspects. While will you reference history that confuses you instead of settling for the plain truths that are without controversy in the Bible? The truth that has sustained a Christian to behave normally and reasonably in societies. Christians, I mean people who are trained to stay in the knowledge of God, who apply and live in the renewed relationship with God.

Thanks for the sermon grin . I accept Jesus (peace be upon him) as a prophet of Allah and every true muslim does and I try to love my neighbours as my self as Jesus (pbuh) has taught us.

But it is annoying when you find thes things in the bible and the christians claim it is the word of God. Can God ever contradict himself?

Rexyl shouldn't have attacked me, but should have corrected the mistake of his brother. And that's what's called hypocrisy!
Re: Song Banned In Athens For “encouraging” Islam by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
a Muslim talking about contradictions in the bible? The saying wonder shall never end is definitely true
Re: Song Banned In Athens For “encouraging” Islam by golpen(m): 6:55pm On Jun 13, 2013
arrester: Pastor Adeboye earns my admiration and respect for his sermons, character and comportment,but I believe it is blasphemous and sacrillegious to compare Pastor Adeboye or 0yedepo with Prophet Muhammad(saw) Jesus Christ(as) Moses(as)0r any of the divine Prophets.I am also cocksure if you ask Pastor Adeboye he would reject such unholy comparison. We should be careful about what we say,out of hatred, on religious personalities.As for the person of Prophet Muhammed(saw) golpen has done justice to the topic in his post and I have nothing more to add.

Never mind them. They must have learnt their lessons from Rev. Bosworth smith. We are too mature to abuse Jesus(pbuh) because we love him as we love every other prophets. Abusing prophet Muhammad (S A W), is a sign of their backwardness and shallow intelligence, so there's no hard feelings.
Re: Song Banned In Athens For “encouraging” Islam by oluamid(m): 10:15pm On Jun 13, 2013
Rexyl:

Just like many of your like minds get confused easily on something they know and what they do not know, but God expects something very great from you only if you have what it takes to possess it: it is what He requires from you, which you are yet to possess. Brace up for the truth, know the truth and live by it. The truth is that message of Christ does not show God as God of confusion.

Actually, am yet to grasp the meaning of the trinity or how God can become another being, come to earth, pray to himself, says He is his own God, call himself son of man, thank and pray to himself whenever he wants to perform miracles, pray to himself to rescue himself from the "cup", ask himself to forgive those that are crucifying him, tells himself that why did he abandon himself, and finally decided to commit the spirit of himself into his own hands.

I may be clueless but please educate me.
Re: Song Banned In Athens For “encouraging” Islam by Rexyl(m): 7:15am On Jun 14, 2013
oluamid:

Actually, am yet to grasp the meaning of the trinity or how God can become another being, come to earth, pray to himself, says He is his own God, call himself son of man, thank and pray to himself whenever he wants to perform miracles, pray to himself to rescue himself from the "cup", ask himself to forgive those that are crucifying him, tells himself that why did he abandon himself, and finally decided to commit the spirit of himself into his own hands.

I may be clueless but please educate me.

Thanks for wanting to know. I would have loved to come up with a comprehensive explanation here but I am presently constrained by time, data service and electronic device to explain matters deeply. Iam managing on a phone but I will still type some things you should know.
God, yes our heavenly Father, ordinary human being deserves nothing to be called a child of God but it is as a result of obedience of He, Jesus that came from heaven based on his obedience and willingness to surrender self for all, to suffer from human stubborness, all for the will of God to be done, and to make it known to all people.
Jesus the son of God, yes the Bible makes us to know that He was with God before any thing was created. His creation was evident from the authority or the word of God, the word of God from the beginning. The Bible makes us to understand that He was the first of all creation, the wisdom and power of God. He was there at the creation of everything and that all was created for him. Concerning God‘s position, it would be mistaking to say Jesus occupied His position or that God does not exist in His own. But mind you Jesus appears to be inseparable from God as a result of his position and glory before God, Phillippians 2: 6-11
Holy Spirit is the promise of God to attend to a believer, to enable and empower him to live victoriously over Satan so that he might not yield and fall to his devices and deception. Holy Spirit is very much available to indicate the presence and power of God everywhere. The Bible makes us to know that man can receive wisdom, power, knowledge, skill and understanding by the Spirit of God. God has for long manifested His Spirit, giving revelation and direction to people right from the time of old testament. Pls receive me now with this little explanation.
Re: Song Banned In Athens For “encouraging” Islam by ISLAM911: 9:09pm On Jun 14, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Song Banned In Athens For “encouraging” Islam by oluamid(m): 2:07am On Jun 16, 2013
Rexyl:

Thanks for wanting to know. I would have loved to come up with a comprehensive explanation here but I am presently constrained by time, data service and electronic device to explain matters deeply. Iam managing on a phone but I will still type some things you should know.
God, yes our heavenly Father, ordinary human being deserves nothing to be called a child of God but it is as a result of obedience of He, Jesus that came from heaven based on his obedience and willingness to surrender self for all, to suffer from human stubborness, all for the will of God to be done, and to make it known to all people.
Jesus the son of God, yes the Bible makes us to know that He was with God before any thing was created. His creation was evident from the authority or the word of God, the word of God from the beginning. The Bible makes us to understand that He was the first of all creation, the wisdom and power of God. He was there at the creation of everything and that all was created for him. Concerning God‘s position, it would be mistaking to say Jesus occupied His position or that God does not exist in His own. But mind you Jesus appears to be inseparable from God as a result of his position and glory before God, Phillippians 2: 6-11
Holy Spirit is the promise of God to attend to a believer, to enable and empower him to live victoriously over Satan so that he might not yield and fall to his devices and deception. Holy Spirit is very much available to indicate the presence and power of God everywhere. The Bible makes us to know that man can receive wisdom, power, knowledge, skill and understanding by the Spirit of God. God has for long manifested His Spirit, giving revelation and direction to people right from the time of old testament. Pls receive me now with this little explanation.

Thanks for taking out time to reply my questions. Can I infer from the above that God and Jesus are two "distinct" entities?
Let me ask again in a clearer way: can I take it that Jesus is not God and God is not Jesus?

"But mind you Jesus appears to be inseparable from God as a result of his position and glory before God, Phillippians 2: 6-11"

Since Jesus was "with God in the time of creation", does that not mean they are two separate beings? That God was superior to Jesus since Jesus "was the first of all creations"?

"Concerning God‘s position, it would be mistaking to say Jesus occupied His position or that God does not exist in His own. But mind you Jesus appears to be inseparable from God as a result of his position and glory before God, Phillippians 2: 6-11"

Are you not contradicting urself?

Thanks once again.
Re: Song Banned In Athens For “encouraging” Islam by Rexyl(m): 1:40pm On Jun 16, 2013
oluamid:

Thanks for taking out time to reply my questions. Can I infer from the above that God and Jesus are two "distinct" entities?
Let me ask again in a clearer way: can I take it that Jesus is not God and God is not Jesus?

"But mind you Jesus appears to be inseparable from God as a result of his position and glory before God, Phillippians 2: 6-11"

Since Jesus was "with God in the time of creation", does that not mean they are two separate beings? That God was superior to Jesus since Jesus "was the first of all creations"?

"Concerning God‘s position, it would be mistaking to say Jesus occupied His position or that God does not exist in His own. But mind you Jesus appears to be inseparable from God as a result of his position and glory before God, Phillippians 2: 6-11"

NOT AT ALL

Some things we see hear and know, and even some things we observe but do not see are for understanding and confusion. Likewise the mystery of existence, work and nature of God is for understanding and confusion but it is through sound doctrine from the scripture we are exposure to the grace that erases controversy. While he was on earth Jesus gave lots of illustrations that gave simple solutions which understandings hearts easily capture to resolve issues that had for long generated unending arguments.
The mystery here is existence of God as three in one, but yet different entities as I had stated earlier. Before the coming of Jesus into the earth God spoke through the mouths of some prophets the divinity of Jesus in terms of his position and glory in heaven, fore knowledge as the first of the creation and his being the word, power and wisdom of God. The person of Jesus jointed and sharing mighty attributes with God is great mystery. God addressed Jesus as his only begotten son, he that must come and to earth and surrender himself as a sacrifice (from suffering and shedding of blood) to pay the price of the forgiveness and removal of sins from anyone that that will confess that he is son of God and believe God through him.
Jesus makes it clearly known what has long stayed as contradiction about the nature of Holy Spirit. He declared that Holy Spirit proceeds from God, as the spirit of God, yet another mystery. Jesus says Holy Spirit speaks what he hears from God or What God wants Him to speak. The person of Holy Spirit is about setting a person free from fear of bondage, he is about giving revelation and direction, he bears witness of God and Jesus. The Bible says he that intervenes for people before God with energy that cannot be mentioned.

Thanks once again.
Re: Song Banned In Athens For “encouraging” Islam by Rexyl(m): 1:42pm On Jun 16, 2013
oluamid:

Thanks once again.

NOT AT ALL

Some things we see hear and know, and even some things we observe but do not see are for understanding and confusion. Likewise the mystery of existence, work and nature of God is for understanding and confusion but it is through sound doctrine from the scripture we get exposure to the grace that erases controversy. While he was on earth Jesus gave lots of illustrations that gave simple solutions which understanding heart easily capture to resolve issues that had for long generated unending arguments.

The mystery here is existence of God as three in one, but yet different entities as I had stated earlier. Before the coming of Jesus into the earth God spoke through the mouths of some prophets the divinity of Jesus in terms of his position and glory in heaven, fore knowledge as the first of the creation and him being the word, power and wisdom of God. The person of Jesus jointed and sharing mighty attributes with God is great mystery. God addressed Jesus as his only begotten son, he that must come to the earth and surrender himself as a sacrifice (for suffering and shedding of blood) to pay the price of the forgiveness and removal of sins of anyone that that will confess that he is son of God and believe God through him.

Jesus makes it clearly known what has long stayed as contradiction about the nature of Holy Spirit. He declared that Holy Spirit proceeds from God, as the spirit of God, yet another mystery. Jesus says Holy Spirit speaks what he hears from God or What God wants Him to speak. The person of Holy Spirit is about setting a person free from fear of bondage, he is about giving revelation and direction, he bears witness of God and Jesus. The Bible says it is he that intervenes for people before God with energy that cannot be mentioned.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stop Spreading This Alleged Hadeeth On The Social Media / PHOTOS: Young Boy Celebrated For Memorising The Entire Holy Quran In Maiduguri / Etiquette Of A Righteous Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.