Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,139 members, 7,970,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 10:28 AM

Women: Why Don't You Use His Card? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women: Why Don't You Use His Card? (644 Views)

PIC: When Your Side Guy Insists You Use His Picture As Your DP / I Am Only Attract To Older Women Why? / Women, Why Do You Allow Men Get Away With So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women: Why Don't You Use His Card? by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 06, 2013
A friend of mine and I were discussing and the topic of giving a new woman your business card to reach you if, for some reason, you can't collect hers e.g. your phone is dead, no pen, in a hurry, etc and the reason is obvious/made known to her.

He says he has noticed that none of them actually use it, no matter how good the flow was between them.
I think I also remember this behavior waaay back in the day though I never thought much about it.
A conversation would only transpire if he met them again by coincidence and collected their number for real, afterwards the usual process occurs, so obviously it's not a case of her not feeling him.

Women share why this is. Would you miss out on the love of your life because you are too chicken to connect with him with his card? Do you hold meeting on the matter with your jealous friends who tell you you would be fuccing up by using the card? Or is this just another fickle behavior attributed to your gender due to fish brain etc?

Do share
Re: Women: Why Don't You Use His Card? by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 06, 2013
Good question.. Ive never contacted any guy first who gave me his card. It just seems too formal. But the ones that contacted me I dated..

Example.. a psychotherapist gave me his card ... I never used it.. but he called me and started flirting.. We dated for a while.. I think its too awkward to call from a card though. It seems too businessy
Re: Women: Why Don't You Use His Card? by Mynd44: 5:52am On Jun 06, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Women: Why Don't You Use His Card? by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 06, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Good question.. Ive never contacted any guy first who gave me his card. It just seems too formal. But the ones that contacted me I dated..

Example.. a psychotherapist gave me his card ... I never used it.. but he called me and started flirting.. We dated for a while.. I think its too awkward to call from a card though. It seems too businessy

In otherwords, women are chickens smiley
Re: Women: Why Don't You Use His Card? by Nobody: 5:55am On Jun 06, 2013
2buff:

In otherwords, women are chickens smiley

Yes... I suppose.. But its just my nature I would never call a guy first anyway.
Re: Women: Why Don't You Use His Card? by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 06, 2013
I think sniper summarized it already. It makes the whole thing looks too formal. If it were to be like you already started a conversation and the circumstances surrounding the whole thing makes it difficult to get the lady's number or give out your number in an informal way, that's a different case. But some random guy slipping out his business card, dt's a lil bit on the weird side. undecided
Re: Women: Why Don't You Use His Card? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 06, 2013
Ain't every thing business these days?
Re: Women: Why Don't You Use His Card? by Mynd44: 10:03am On Jun 06, 2013
tpacalipse: Ain't every thing business these days?
Should punny hunting be too?
Re: Women: Why Don't You Use His Card? by kandiikane(m): 11:51am On Jun 06, 2013
Depends who the person is but if I was let say attracted, then I don't mind contacting. Normally, I just email leaving my number for them to call.
alutacontinua: I think sniper summarized it already. It makes the whole thing looks too formal. If it were to be like you already started a conversation and the circumstances surrounding the whole thing makes it difficult to get the lady's number or give out your number in an informal way, that's a different case. But some random guy slipping out his business card, dt's a lil bit on the weird side. undecided

I actually prefer business cards than exchanging numbers because it can be quite awkward standing let's say in a busy street, shopping mall, bar giving a number out. I don't like doing it so I'll rather someone hands me their business card. Plus, I will know what they do so to know whether to call or not. grin

(1) (Reply)

If You Met Your Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Husband Or Wife On NL Say "aye" / Does The Word "Be Yourself" Still Relevant In Getting This Days Babes? / As A Man Or A Woman, What Do You Like/want From Your Opposite Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.