Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,733 members, 7,918,253 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 07:02 AM

Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title (10111 Views)

Tyson Fury Defeats Wladimir Klitschko / Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title / Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by abduldope(m): 6:38pm On Jun 08, 2013
no 1 seed Wait una mean seed for fruit abi wetin grin
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by bee444: 6:52pm On Jun 08, 2013
Irrespective of naive and bitter public opinion, Serena always get the job done. Thats the heart of a true champion. Sharapova is there darling, Serena is the nightmare they never wanted to see when they woke up.

Imagine you being the only black player and whopping their asses everytime, they would hate you. You dont need muscle to play tennis. Serena's athletism scares the shhit ouuta this white people.

5 Likes

Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by supaeagles(m): 6:55pm On Jun 08, 2013
bee444: Irrespective of naive and bitter public opinion, Serena always get the job done. Thats the heart of a true champion. Sharapova is there darling, Serena is the nightmare they never wanted to see when they woke up.

Imagine you being the only black player and whopping their asses everytime, they would hate you. You dont need muscle to play tennis. Serena's athletism scares the shhit ouuta this white people.
why you de bring skin color into this? The true tennis fans all over the world root for Serena irrespective of her race
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by ucheezeigbo(m): 7:09pm On Jun 08, 2013
......Another Flo-Jo to my mind!!!
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by churific(m): 7:16pm On Jun 08, 2013
Serena Williams finally captured her most elusive title, beating Maria Sharapova, 6-4, 6-4, to win her second French Open title and her 16th Grand Slam title over all. Williams, 31, won 11 years to the day after her first title at Roland Garros and is the oldest French Open champion in the open era.

Although Sharapova has been something of a punching bag for Williams in past years, she made it a more competitive match than many expected, even racing out to an early 2-0 lead. But Williams leveled the set and held onto momentum throughout the match, if only slightly. The win gives Williams a double career Grand Slam, having won all four major tournaments at least twice.

-NY Times

1 Like

Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by babslamin: 7:19pm On Jun 08, 2013
This woman She's equivalent to Messi in Football

1 Like

Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by bee444: 7:45pm On Jun 08, 2013
supaeagles:
why you de bring skin color into this? The true tennis fans all over the world root for Serena irrespective of her race

You dont get it, do you ? Skin color is for the naive and bias BBC pundits, the gullible pubic perception, the board at the ITA, ATTA, and so on

3 Likes

Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by luvmijeje(f): 8:14pm On Jun 08, 2013
Go Re! Go Re! The queen of tennis, congrat. Just 2 more grandslams, she will equal Graff and Martina Natrilova in total grandslam wins. Then she will officially be crown G.O.A.T in tennis history. Whoo! I can't wait.
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by Angel778(f): 8:40pm On Jun 08, 2013
brownlord: Oh my serena and i just broke with her 3 dayz ago, anyway let me call to congratulate her first, then invite her to my crip tonight
Dreamer tongue
brownlord: Oh my serena and i just broke with her 3 dayz ago, anyway let me call to congratulate her first, then invite her to my crip tonight
Dreamer
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by andyanders: 8:43pm On Jun 08, 2013
Abu Mikey: Serena is my FaV female tennis player!!!_____Nadal remains my best of all time.

Same my brother, two great players that I love their games any day.
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by mkoabiola: 8:51pm On Jun 08, 2013
But d score was 6-4 6-4 ,hw is d score calclated.
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by donem: 8:54pm On Jun 08, 2013
Congrats Serena Williams (U THE BEST)
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by aglomar: 9:01pm On Jun 08, 2013
That girl eh!
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by Goldie20: 9:04pm On Jun 08, 2013
Congrats.. !! cheesy
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by redsun(m): 9:06pm On Jun 08, 2013
Serena is a super woman.A rare breed.
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by brownlord: 9:18pm On Jun 08, 2013
Angel_777: Dreamer tongue Dreamer

Meaning?
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by optimusprime2(m): 10:36pm On Jun 08, 2013
And she has done it again... Na waah o, this girl no go allow another girl shine for Grass again *sighs, shakes my head & drops my phone*
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by sholay2011(m): 10:39pm On Jun 08, 2013
optimus-prime1:
And she has done it again... Na waah o, this girl no go allow another girl shine for Grass again *sighs, shakes my head & drops my phone*
It's clay.
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by Horus(m): 10:45pm On Jun 08, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd2b0zWCCcU

Serena William Wins vs Maria Sharapova Match Point Highlights
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 08, 2013
[quote][/quote]Sharapova, the defending French Open champion, dropped to 2-14 vs. Williams, including 13 in a row and four defeats this season.

Am beginning to believe Serena has a Voodoo over this Russian babe!
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by blueandred: 11:07pm On Jun 08, 2013
Yes! She did it!
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by PastorOla1: 11:30pm On Jun 08, 2013
Another Glory for the black race
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by Iykeponti(m): 12:20am On Jun 09, 2013
COOLDUN: Victory , victory, victory, too much fame and wealth. This girl is richer than Burkina Faso and Ghana put together. I thank God for your life my dear. Carry go.
grin grin grin
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by Iykeponti(m): 12:25am On Jun 09, 2013
She serves like a man... Wow!
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by Iykeponti(m): 12:44am On Jun 09, 2013
TheRealYemi: Sharapova, the defending French Open champion, dropped to 2-14 vs. Williams, including 13 in a row and four defeats this season.

Am beginning to believe Serena has a Voodoo over this Russian babe!
DAT RUSSIAN BABE ACTUALLY GOT 2 , MOST OF OTHER GALS GOT NOTHING.
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by supaeagles(m): 1:06am On Jun 09, 2013
bee444:
You dont get it, do you ? Skin color is for the naive and bias BBC pundits, the gullible pubic perception, the board at the ITA, ATTA, and so on
Have the sisters ever complained about racism?? Why are you bringing it up - just curious. It's not like football where in many places in Europe the African footballers hear racist chants against than. The tennis crowd is generally more refined than the football crowd.
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by bee444: 1:57am On Jun 09, 2013
supaeagles:
Have the sisters ever complained about racism?? Why are you bringing it up - just curious. It's not like football where in many places in Europe the African footballers hear racist chants against than. The tennis crowd is generally more refined than the football crowd.

No point continuing this conversation with you. Only a shallow individual would argue that the Williams hasn't been victims of what is called "institutionalized racism". You're one of the conformist who believe everything they hear or see on TV. Williams at one point got tired of the ranking system...she won all major and minor competition, yet they never moved her up the ranking.

Years back, she tried acting, modelling and thought about going back to University to study for a degree. In her memoir, she complained about the harsh reality of being successful and colored in the midst of "powers" (if you know what i mean). You're too young, naive and lack basic understanding of how things work.
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by Nobody: 2:52am On Jun 09, 2013
Aah! She has finally done it again!
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by SuyaEater(m): 3:03am On Jun 09, 2013
Lets go serena....2 more grandslams this year baby.....it will make it 18......only 4 away from graf.....i see her getting to 26 granslams by 2016 when she retires.

This girl can play till shes 40....
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by supaeagles(m): 4:27am On Jun 09, 2013
bee444:
No point continuing this conversation with you. Only a shallow individual would argue that the Williams hasn't been victims of what is called "institutionalized racism". You're one of the conformist who believe everything they hear or see on TV. Williams at one point got tired of the ranking system...she won all major and minor competition, yet they never moved her up the ranking.Years back, she tried acting, modelling and thought about going back to University to study for a degree. In her memoir, she complained about the harsh reality of being successful and colored in the midst of "powers" (if you know what i mean). You're too young, naive and lack basic understanding of how things work.

So to make your point, you decide to make personal attacks...smh? You can state your points in a civil manner (and i will accept them) without resorting to such uncouth comments. That is how adults have a matured and meaningful discussion all over the world irrespective of colour or race. wink
Re: Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title by dasparrow: 4:39am On Jun 09, 2013
tellwisdom: Serena ndideka willams. Nice one smiley...Most Nigerian gurls would sure being in a beer parlour drinking big stout and pepper soup when you were wining this trophy sad

Congrat once more my sisterwink

Go and learn how to write grammatically correct English sentences before worrying about what most Nigerian girls do with their lives. After all, it was a Nigerian girl who grew up to become a Nigerian woman that carried you - a sorry excuse for a man - 9 months before spitting you out in your 3rd world cesspit of a country called Nigeria where having constant electricity remains a mirage.

@Post

Congratulations Serena

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video: Footballer Kicked Off Team For Having Sex With Fan During Match / Tommy Smith Dies At 74 / CAF Reduces Austin Oladapo’s Ban To Six Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.