Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,389 members, 7,884,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 05:18 PM

Important Advice For Those Intending To Quit Job For Banking - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Important Advice For Those Intending To Quit Job For Banking (1519 Views)

See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job / Workforce Invitation For Banking Interview / Requirement For Banking Jobs By Integrated Corporate Services Ltd. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Important Advice For Those Intending To Quit Job For Banking by DMainMan: 9:20am On Jun 09, 2013
For those who wish to work in the banking industry or just got a bank job and are currently working, then this thread is meant for u.

Many people make the mistake that since they have been given appointment letters, they have been given the job but that is fallacy.

Here is a true story of my friends’ friend escapade. She is a young, bright lady earning up to 80k in a firm around the Lagos Metropolis.

Like most intellectual and enthusiastic graduates, she continued seeking for her dream job. After years of perseverance and hard work, she got a job with a salary scale which is a little bit higher than 200k in one of the new generation bank.

However, she failed to realize that this is not the final hurdle. She resigned from her job immediately and went for training school for three months. To cut is short; she failed and was not finally shortlisted for the work.

She lost both jobs and now jobless.
I do not really blame her for wanting to go to bank. If I were in her shoes, I will do same cos I love taking calculated risks

All things being equal, working for four years in the bank equals working for 10 years in her former job. Why would I wanna stay when I know I could be sacked anytime. I will sakarize to the bank shapaly.

However, she could have asked for leave or something else. She could have tried combining. What could she have done?
I need suggestion people. Her predicament really touched me.

Please spread this info so job seekers could make informed decisions in this situation.

This will never be our portion In’sha ALLAH. Amin.
Re: Important Advice For Those Intending To Quit Job For Banking by mosun35: 7:12pm On Jun 09, 2013
Well, I sympathize with ur friend's friend but there are some questions which are hanging frm ur story and yet to be answered.
If she is intelligent and enthusiastic like u rightly said she should have passed in the training schl unless u want to tell us that the bank's method of selection is not fair or based on merit.
On the issue of ur frnd's Frnd not resigning wld b a bit difficult of her because a reference wld b made to our former office which wld confirm d method of her exit and unless she did not inform d bank she worked there. At any rate I feel sorry for her but hey life is all about moving forward and learning ur lessons in any situation u find urself nd doing it right or better the next time. It's a risk she took whether bank or any other organisation.

1 Like

Re: Important Advice For Those Intending To Quit Job For Banking by sire2015: 11:21am On Jun 10, 2013
wow this is my first time of making a comment here
@dmainman,this your story sounds familiar and if we re on the same page i think i know the person u re talking about.first of all for clarification sake,where the person was working she couldn't have been granted a leave of absence,and she dint fail in training school,all u said just shows u don't have a clear knowledge of what happened or of who the person is,i can c u said a friend's friend.but thanks anyways for your concern and am happy to tell u that the person has moved on now,because God is taking her to a better place and just needed to test her faith.
Re: Important Advice For Those Intending To Quit Job For Banking by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 11, 2013
sire2015: wow this is my first time of making a comment here
@dmainman,this your story sounds familiar and if we re on the same page i think i know the person u re talking about.first of all for clarification sake,where the person was working she couldn't have been granted a leave of absence,and she dint fail in training school,all u said just shows u don't have a clear knowledge of what happened or of who the person is,i can c u said a friend's friend.but thanks anyways for your concern and am happy to tell u that the person has moved on now,because God is taking her to a better place and just needed to test her faith.

(1) (Reply)

Important Certificates Which Improves Ones Chances Of Getting A Job / Moneybox Africa Ltd Invited Me For Interview / 5 Reasons You Didn't Get The Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.