Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,063 members, 7,949,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 02:51 PM

Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos (40436 Views)

Nizamiye Hospital Opens In Abuja(pictures) / Nigeria`s Best Hotel,Intercontinental Hotel, Designed By Nigerian Firms. / Shoprite Opens In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by EkoAtlantic: 12:22pm On Jun 09, 2013
Sunday 09 June, 2013
Expectations are high as the InterContinental Hotel in Victoria Island, Lagos, finally opens this month. At 100 metres high, the 23-storey building is the tallest in West Africa. The InterContinental Lagos boasts 358 rooms.

All rooms offer stunning views of views of either the Lagos Creek or the Atlantic Ocean.

With technology playing a key role in enhancing the guest experience, each of the rooms is equipped with high speed broad band services, in-room entertainment with CD, DVD, and VCD displayed on 42” plasma screens. The Club InterContinental rooms offer an experience with Bose music systems and Nespresso Coffee stations offered in each room.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/west-africa-s-tallest-hotel-intercontinental-lagos-opens/149822/

12 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 09, 2013
Awesome... Meanwhile, northern leaders are still seeking amnesty for boko haram lipsrsealed

17 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by luvablesam(m): 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
Its our greedy n sit till they die politicians that would still be d constant guests at d hotel.Nice development anyway.

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
It has a stealth-like feel.. Nice!
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by IB5(f): 1:25pm On Jun 09, 2013
Awesome.
Eko Atlantic: Sunday 09 June, 2013
Expectations are high as the InterContinental Hotel in Victoria Island, Lagos, finally opens this month. At 100 metres high, the 23-storey building is the tallest in West Africa. The InterContinental Lagos boasts 358 rooms.

How come it is taller than Ibadan's cocoa house that has 25 floors?

4 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by yelsew80: 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2013
How's the hotel connected to Tinubu? Spill it.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 1:32pm On Jun 09, 2013
I-B.:
Awesome.

Not every building is of the same height.

@topic
This is nice. We need to start dotting our skylines with skyscrapers.

Btw, who owns the hotel?

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by IGBOSON1: 1:34pm On Jun 09, 2013
I-B.:
Awesome.

^^^I think reference is being made to 'Hotels'.

22 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 09, 2013
I-B.:
Awesome.

Because the cocoa house is not an hotel. It says west Africa's tallest hotel.

10 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 1:36pm On Jun 09, 2013
That brings me to the question, what's the tallest building in NIgeria?
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by mike404(m): 1:37pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:

@topic

Btw, who owns the hotel?
who else if not Ahmed Bola Tinubu
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 1:37pm On Jun 09, 2013
mike404: who else if not Ahmed Bola Tinubu
I thought they said he owned Oriental hotel. How can one person own two different hotels in the same city.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 09, 2013
I-B.:
Awesome.

post a pic and lets see
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Enegod(m): 1:39pm On Jun 09, 2013
beautiful!!!
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by mike404(m): 1:40pm On Jun 09, 2013
grin grin grin Jagaban don milk Lagos dry
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by mike404(m): 1:42pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
I thought they said he owned Oriental hotel. How can one person own two different hotels in the same city.
I heard it from a reliable source
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:

@topic

Btw, who owns the hotel?

I think the British company, InterContinental Hotels Group plc., owns it.

They have similar structures in over 60 countries.

16 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by gbanikiti(m): 1:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
Is the hotel located at Ozumba Mbadiwe?

Nice edifice! cool
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 1:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
ShyM-X:

I think the British company, InterContinental Hotels Group plc., owns it.

They have similar structures in over 60 countries.
It could also be a franchise of the Intercontinental Hotels Group owned by a Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 09, 2013
I-B.:
Awesome.

Your Ibadan building needs some nice anti-corrosive paint. grin

Glad to see Cocoa House still standing tall. wink
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Gbawe: 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:

@topic

Btw, who owns the hotel?

mike404: grin grin grin Jagaban don milk Lagos dry

Why are you guys so averse to doing even the most basic of research in this information age? Simply amazing. When they say the black man loves to bask in ignorance we will be sanctimoniously angry.

http://www.ihgplc.com/

22 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
It could also be a franchise of the Intercontinental Hotels Group owned by a Nigerian.

Never that - I don't think so.

It seems this is their first hotel in Nigeria and I doubt they would want to franchise the name just to anyone outside their conglomerate. Name and branding is very important in business.

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:

The primary aim of a businessman is to make money. He wouldn't build an hotel in Aba for sentimental reasons, would he?

2 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 1:52pm On Jun 09, 2013
Gbawe:

Why are you guys so averse to doing even the most basic of research in this information age? Simply amazing. When they say the black man loves to bask in ignorance we will be sanctimoniously angry.

is Hilton Hotel owned by Hilton Group in the US? Same with Sheraton and other hotels. It may be a franchise bought by a Nigerian with the same standards as the Intercontinental Hotel group.

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 1:53pm On Jun 09, 2013
Aigbofa:

The primary aim of a businessman is to make money. He wouldn't build an hotel in Aba for sentimental reasons, would he?
What has Aba got to do with this topic or my comment?
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 1:54pm On Jun 09, 2013
ShyM-X:

Never that - I don't think so.

It seems this is their first hotel in Nigeria and I doubt they would want to franchise the name just to anyone outside their conglomerate. Name and branding is very important in business.
Hotels do it a lot but their franchise is usually very expensive.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
What has Aba got to do with this topic or my comment?

What has building two hotels in one city got to do with anything?

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 1:55pm On Jun 09, 2013
Aigbofa:

What has building two hotels in one city got to do with anything?
You're jumping the gun. Read the previous comments to understand why that came up.

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 09, 2013
Nice building!

The architecture looks stunning and different from most of the other skyscrapers in Nigeria.

We need to get the Lagos skyline to look like Hong Kong. wink
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
You're jumping the gun. Read the previous comments to understand why that came up.

No, I read you like a book, my friend.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by gbanikiti(m): 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
Gbawe:

hehehe! don't mind our murderator who have been spewing trash since morning. it's one of those things egbon. grin
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
ShyM-X:
Nice building!

The architecture looks stunning and different from most of the other skyscrapers in Nigeria.

We need to get the Lagos skyline to look like Hong Kong. wink
Most skyscrapers in Nigeria are ugly. We don't have an eye for aesthetics. Have you seen the Sheraton hotel building in Abuja? it's as ugly as they come. This one is a breadth of fresh air.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obasanjo, Jonathan’s Recent Road Accidents Serve Them Right – Balarabe Musa / Udom Emmanuel Paid The Highest Bribes To Supreme Court Justices: Sahara Reporter / Xerona Duke And Derin Phillips 'DJ Caise' Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.