Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,334 members, 7,971,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 03:12 AM

"Ajumo'mo" Learning Tablet To Be Launched By Oyo State - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Ajumo'mo" Learning Tablet To Be Launched By Oyo State (12977 Views)

Youths Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Launched By Buhari Administration / See Photos Of The 259 Customized Patrol Vehicles Launched By Police IG In Abuja / Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ajumo'mo" Learning Tablet To Be Launched By Oyo State by emiye(m): 12:06am On Jun 12, 2013
Crayola1:

If you don't understand don't quote. The End.
When foolishness is exposed, you try to cover it up

Carry your bad belle comot jor ! angry
Re: "Ajumo'mo" Learning Tablet To Be Launched By Oyo State by sunex: 12:48am On Jun 12, 2013
hop ds will work. sha bt I dnt trust Nigeria leaders oooo,everything nah to steal ....
Re: "Ajumo'mo" Learning Tablet To Be Launched By Oyo State by Crayola1: 1:09am On Jun 12, 2013
emiye:
When foolishness is exposed, you try to cover it up

Carry your bad belle comot jor ! angry

Everything that you don't understand is a scandal of epic proportions.

Are these students even learning in proper facilities. No, but tablets will surely close the gap between a Korean kid in a fully functioning class room and a Nigerian kid with one knock off tablet. Yes progress has been made, when teachers are on strike thank god they have tablets, im sharing a desk meant for one with 10 instead praise Jesus for these tablets o, I'm coming and leaving school on an empty stomach my tablet will quiet my hunger cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Ajumo'mo" Learning Tablet To Be Launched By Oyo State by nukoduss: 10:50am On Jun 12, 2013
brownlord:

Who send you make u mention my state for this rubbish, nice move Oyo state govt as i dont know the level of educational standard there. But for Osun, its a failed project, for God sake, this student need the basics and not e-learning materials, there is no school in my local govt. that have up to 5 - 6 teachers, they depend solely on corpers, which i think its not right, corpers are suppose to be teaching assistant, have said it before, if not for security reasons, i would have taken picx. of class rooms in most of the schools in my LG and post it on this forum, my school just did first CA and some of this student sat on the floor to write, other have chair but no desk, na wah for this omoluabi people o
You don't need to be security cautious becos posting of what happen around you is what make you the utilization of internet age, whereby u can let ur voice to be heard all over Nigeria
Post it and let see. Thank you
Re: "Ajumo'mo" Learning Tablet To Be Launched By Oyo State by emiye(m): 2:49pm On Jun 12, 2013
grin
Crayola1:

Everything that you don't understand is a scandal of epic proportions.

Are these students even learning in proper facilities. No, but tablets will surely close the gap between a Korean kid in a fully functioning class room and a Nigerian kid with one knock off tablet. Yes progress has been made, when teachers are on strike thank god they have tablets, im sharing a desk meant for one with 10 instead praise Jesus for these tablets o, I'm coming and leaving school on an empty stomach my tablet will quiet my hunger cheesy

cry, huff, puff, moan, scream as much you want, this form of good6 news will not depart from the sw region, I suspect u are from a region where they are seeking oracle to end kidnapping.
Re: "Ajumo'mo" Learning Tablet To Be Launched By Oyo State by Felixadded(m): 7:49am On Jun 13, 2013
Anvaller:

If u start saying stuffs like "use your head people", maybe u should use ur head 1st, No sustainable project could be achieved by fire brigade approach.. what is wrong if a project takes longer time if it will be sustainable?. U have listed problems here in ur questions, so in ur opinion, a way to solve them is to distribute tablets? If u looked at my previous comments here, I have asked questions that is yet unanswered. If the government is effectively solving all the problems u have listed, no one will be so critical about this sham. Now u are talking of libraries in a tablet,

Tell me what are the books in that tablet?

Are they books required in local syllabus in Nigeria? (they are saying encyclopedia and stuffs as if their exams are based on disparage information in an encyclopaedia

Would these students get to read their exact text books, their social studies, integrated science, modern biology etc that is being used in class electronically in their various tablets?

What is the lifespan of this tablet?
What is the replacement strategy in case of theft or damage?
Are they going to sell or distribute them free of charge?

Are they going to distribute to every secondary school students? (all of u proponents are yet to answer this question)
So when the current students pass out, do the new ones also get tablets... Now u are talking of street smart... Tell me what is smart about this? Even the developed countries don't embark on such wasteful project, its expensive and not sustainable. It is simply not smart. I have suggested more reasonable projects they could have done in my previous comments, but u chose to ignore those. I am offering constructive criticism here, that's why I never get involved in other arguments on the names given the tablet.

U talked about Jamb going computer based, well using tablets does not guarantee that they can do computer based test, cos they will not do the exam on tablets, they will use basic computers. Normal computer and a tablet is not the same thing they have different xteriistics, and mode of operation is different. They will still have problem with simple stuffs like navigating with a mouse and using the key pad, in other words, they are still somewhat computer illiterate, so that flaws ur point absolutely.

U know what? I can not continue to debate this nonsense... I wish you good luck with ur tablets.. we shall see how it goes.
I suggest you forward your complaints, questions or suggestions to the office of the Oyo state government. Our governor is a listening governor. He always welcome or gives room for questions, opinions, suggestions, complaints and constructive criticism.
Re: "Ajumo'mo" Learning Tablet To Be Launched By Oyo State by Olaone1: 8:33am On Jun 13, 2013
Anvaller:

If u start saying stuffs like "use your head people", maybe u should use ur head 1st, No sustainable project could be achieved by fire brigade approach.. what is wrong if a project takes longer time if it will be sustainable?. U have listed problems here in ur questions, so in ur opinion, a way to solve them is to distribute tablets? If u looked at my previous comments here, I have asked questions that is yet unanswered. If the government is effectively solving all the problems u have listed, no one will be so critical about this sham. Now u are talking of libraries in a tablet,

Tell me what are the books in that tablet?

Are they books required in local syllabus in Nigeria? (they are saying encyclopedia and stuffs as if their exams are based on disparage information in an encyclopaedia

Would these students get to read their exact text books, their social studies, integrated science, modern biology etc that is being used in class electronically in their various tablets?

What is the lifespan of this tablet?
What is the replacement strategy in case of theft or damage?
Are they going to sell or distribute them free of charge?

Are they going to distribute to every secondary school students? (all of u proponents are yet to answer this question)
So when the current students pass out, do the new ones also get tablets... Now u are talking of street smart... Tell me what is smart about this? Even the developed countries don't embark on such wasteful project, its expensive and not sustainable. It is simply not smart. I have suggested more reasonable projects they could have done in my previous comments, but u chose to ignore those. I am offering constructive criticism here, that's why I never get involved in other arguments on the names given the tablet.

U talked about Jamb going computer based, well using tablets does not guarantee that they can do computer based test, cos they will not do the exam on tablets, they will use basic computers. Normal computer and a tablet is not the same thing they have different xteriistics, and mode of operation is different. They will still have problem with simple stuffs like navigating with a mouse and using the key pad, in other words, they are still somewhat computer illiterate, so that flaws ur point absolutely.

U know what? I can not continue to debate this nonsense... I wish you good luck with ur tablets.. we shall see how it goes.
Good job man.
It's not sustainable. Period!
Re: "Ajumo'mo" Learning Tablet To Be Launched By Oyo State by Celestine247(m): 8:57pm On Jun 13, 2013
Every opinion is highly respected on this thread, " we shall all make reference to what we said later"

from my own perspective, i guess it would be more sensible if the tablet has been given as a form of bursary to higher institutions, of which could be more helpful to the Polytechnics and Universities student who are in need to explore more books for research.

The fact is that Most secondary student will not be able to understand and utilise the function and which the life span is not guaranteed.

Imagine, when i show the tablet to a woman in my office, the next thing she said is how she can transfer her children to public school or register her daughter name with a principal.

We need books not tablet, we should not discourage the average book writter who may not have access to the tablet

Equipped the school library and make it comfortable for reading, i can believe we still have the last edition dated back to 1965:::::

review the library policy and don't allow another corruption at the library commision because they will still be collecting allocation and paying staff who are doing nothing than to sleep.

Nigerian which way NOW
we need more critics oo
I wish MR president and the Governors should be following the threads on NL
Re: "Ajumo'mo" Learning Tablet To Be Launched By Oyo State by seunlayi(m): 11:42pm On Jun 13, 2013
Celestine247: Every opinion is highly respected on this thread, " we shall all make reference to what we said later"

from my own perspective, i guess it would be more sensible if the tablet has been given as a form of bursary to higher institutions, of which could be more helpful to the Polytechnics and Universities student who are in need to explore more books for research.

The fact is that Most secondary student will not be able to understand and utilise the function and which the life span is not guaranteed.

Imagine, when i show the tablet to a woman in my office, the next thing she said is how she can transfer her children to public school or register her daughter name with a principal.

We need books not tablet, we should not discourage the average book writter who may not have access to the tablet

Equipped the school library and make it comfortable for reading, i can believe we still have the last edition dated back to 1965:::::

review the library policy and don't allow another corruption at the library commision because they will still be collecting allocation and paying staff who are doing nothing than to sleep.

Nigerian which way NOW
we need more critics oo
I wish MR president and the Governors should be following the threads on NL
Yea! I seconded what you have just said and i am also in support of people of like mind. Some people just come to nairaland to make comment without really understanding the real situation on ground. If i may ask, when was the last time most of this posters visited a public school in the state? No body will pray that his ward attend those schools. Apart from infrastructure decay, their is always shortage of man-power with the usual altitude of civil servants to work which is affecting the students. Now, somebody s now talking about tablets, is that the way forward Mr. Governor?
Re: "Ajumo'mo" Learning Tablet To Be Launched By Oyo State by Giftdavids(m): 6:55pm On Jun 18, 2013
Na wa ooo.. na bame the students go use am play tire
Re: "Ajumo'mo" Learning Tablet To Be Launched By Oyo State by mapet: 1:15pm On Jun 19, 2013
sure, just like when 2 mad men converse and refer to normal people as mad.....
Anvaller:

Oh thank God someone is being real here, That in the bold perfectly summarizes what I have been saying.. We need to stop being emotional and be more real.. This does not make any sense... I repeat, this project does not make any sense... It would have made sense if the basics are already in place. Establish a proper learning environment 1st, u have not solved that, its like nigeria dreaming of going to space when we do not have an on premise laboratory... It's like offering home appliances to a homeless person, build the homeless a house 1st if u really want to help, mind u the cost of buying home appliances can not be compared to actually building the house to put his appliances, that's what they don't want to do.

We should demand real development, not disguised development.. what sense does that make and ppl here think we are advancing, both the people and the politicians are all deceiving themselves. And that is the sad thing in Nigeria, exactly what the politicians are aware of and they are capitalizing on that mentality to operate. Students need to advance technologically but no one is talking about the teachers, so who will teach them? Oh they will teach themselves... What a joke... This an undesirably incongruous development strategy that leads to nowhere it is ridiculous from all fronts.
Re: "Ajumo'mo" Learning Tablet To Be Launched By Oyo State by mapet: 1:19pm On Jun 19, 2013
This is education misapplied. All your rhetorics are just way-off and needless. Simple thing is the value proposition far outweighs all the needless postulations you have here

Let me paint it clearer......You'd better not enrol your child in school, and opt to teach your child at home, as the unit production of a textbook and exercise book is too high, that she'll damage the books, that the book will be stolen and that money is just being wasted on publishers and printers

pro01: The devil is in the details, as always. The 'Nigerian Factor' would always come into play. This whole Opon Imo initiative (or by any other name) seems unsustainable, considering the unit production price, likely high rate/incidence of damage, high turnover of students, and endless room for corrupt practices at every stage of the chain (from the governor/government officials, to contractors, ministry of education oficials, all the way to teachers).

In less than two years from now, the project would prove too much of a drain on resources to survive. It's just one of those white elephant projects conceived for short-term PR purposes with little chance of long term sustainability.
Re: "Ajumo'mo" Learning Tablet To Be Launched By Oyo State by awule: 11:43am On Nov 22, 2017
Student E-Learning Application & Tablet @ N30,000
Quality e-Learning Experience
on the Go!

Nigeria company develops an e-learning App that enables Students pass their JSCE, SSCE, JAMB exams with flying colours

AN INNOVATIVE E-LEARNING TABLET SPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS AND PREPARATION FOR JAMB,JSCE,BECE WAEC AND NECO ETC & MORE

Contains the following

· Over 2,000 video tutorials in the app teaching Mathematics, Use of English, Physics, Chemistry, Commerce, Biology, Government, Financial Accounting, Economics, Geography and Literature in English.
· Over 100,000 practice problems from JAMB, WAEC, GCE and Aptitude Tests
· No internet required
· Educational games in the app to keep you engaged at all times.
· A personalized learning dashboard
· A personalized learning engine to help you track what you have learned and recommend what you can do next.
· Progress reports via SMS
· Automated exercises and remote examinations with continuous assessments.
· Self-paced, provides consistent content, fast and works anywhere and anytime.
· A chat like WhatsApp to help you share knowledge.
· Special private tutorials for you
The Secondary School E-learning Tablet + App comes in 2 variants: SSCE, JSCE,

FEATURES OF THE SSCE E-LEARNING TABLET +APP.

Over 99,000 revision past questions and answers covering WAEC, NECO, SSCE &JAMB exams for the past 25 years
Over 2,000 key video tutorials on WAEC curriculum approved subjects
It does not require internet connection before use
A personalized learning dash board,
Approved curriculum textbooks and keypoints
Available in Android 4.1, screen size: 7 inches, SIM slot,3G network.

Features of the JSCE E-Learning Tablet + App

Revision past questions and answers covering Junior Secondary Exams
Video class tutorials on the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Basic Science, Introductory Technology, Civic Education, Agricultural Science, Computer science & Social Studies
It does not require internet connection before use
A personalized learning dash board,
Approved curriculum textbooks and keypoints
Available in Android 4.1, screen size: 7 inches, SIM slot,3G network.

RE SELLERS WANTED NATIONWIDE.

How to Make 500K Monthly Profit as a Reseller of the E-learning Tablet + App.
The market potential for the Student E-learning Tablet + App. is enormous! Every secondary school student in Nigeria needs this Tab + App. As a reseller, you can sell to students, parents, Secondary schools, cyber cafes, Tutorial centres ,education support NGOs , Government agencies etc This is a moneymaking opportunity you can?t afford to miss!
.TO BECOME A RESELLER CALL/ WHATSAPP: 08036911296, 08033264815,
LAGOS OFFICE
Bethelmndels Int?l Ltd
27, Atunikeolabanji street, off John Olugbo street, Through unity Road, Ikeja Lagos, 08180065490
http://mendelsedutablets.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Vehicle Laden With Explosive Destroyed By Military In Konduga / NJC Clears Osun Judge Over Husband-snatching Saga / ''APC Will Win 2019 Elections'' - President Buhari Boasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.