Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,805 members, 7,898,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 10:24 PM

Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread - Phones (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (243857 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by LordReed(m): 6:38pm On Jul 24, 2013
mcgboye:

Thanks. I introduced the N9 to a female colleague based solely on what i've read about it online but apparently the deal breaker for her is the stylus. She desperately wants a tab she can use a stylus with.

She should get a Galaxy Note 8.0, why is she looking for a "chinko" tab with a stylus?

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mcgboye(m): 7:36pm On Jul 24, 2013
Lord_Reed:

She should get a Galaxy Note 8.0, why is she looking for a "chinko" tab with a stylus?

I convinced her that, for the usage to which she intends to put the device, it makes more sense to buy a "chinko" N9 that costs less than 40k and does the job than paying 80k for a device, whilst not significantly better, will not be fully utilised.

It's common sense. It's why I don't get the point of all these debates.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by LordReed(m): 9:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
mcgboye:

I convinced her that, for the usage to which she intends to put the device, it makes more sense to buy a "chinko" N9 that costs less than 40k and does the job than paying 80k for a device, whilst not significantly better, will not be fully utilised.

It's common sense. It's why I don't get the point of all these debates.

Forget all those juveniles, their blood dey hot. "Chinko" tabs are becoming worth the purchase, I even saw one with retina display and 2gb RAM that cost less than $300. Its people who are enamored of features that they won't even use that get agitated over them. Let your friend get her Galaxy Note and let those using a N9 tab teach her a thing or two.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by zinoo: 11:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
Lord_Reed:

I believe the guy has gotten his much needed answer. So we can drop that line of disscussion n re subject of this thread. The N9. I plan on getting it on saturday. But I'm still not sure of its durability. The features r without a doubt gr8, bt will the pad last?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
I just got mine too 2day. I must add dat its a beauty. Its a device dat soothes every mood. Lastly,i was able 2 save some cash too cos d price is less commesurate to wat d product wit regards 2 its competitors.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by LordReed(m): 5:16am On Jul 25, 2013
zinoo:
I believe the guy has gotten his much needed answer. So we can drop that line of disscussion n re subject of this thread. The N9. I plan on getting it on saturday. But I'm still not sure of its durability. The features r without a doubt gr8, bt will the pad last?

Tecno is offering 13 months warranty on their products so I think issues of durability are settled plus they have Carl Care so you should have no doubts as per getting a problem fixed.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by semid4lyfe(m): 6:43am On Jul 25, 2013
It seems the battery drains very fast or is it just me?

Anyway, someone should help me with battery conserving tips
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 25, 2013
semid4lyfe: It seems the battery drains very fast or is it just me?

Anyway, someone should help me with battery conserving tips

How many hours does it last you?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by james1(m): 7:25am On Jul 25, 2013
Nice one;how many hours does the b3 last after being fully charged?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by bunmayo123: 8:03am On Jul 25, 2013
pls, smbody should tell us about the video and picture quality asap
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by zinoo: 5:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
bunmayo123: pls, smbody should tell us about the video and picture quality asap
Video is not HD. For me that's the only downside of the pad. Bt then,not so many persons give a hoot about that. For me I can do without the HD so I'm still buying it.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by reflx(m): 12:02am On Jul 26, 2013
got the pad two days ago after following this thread closely, had a tec guy tweak it up....and am speechless, so far so great. and to think I used to yab the techno guys!battery life is about just OK,I used it fairly,mostly browsing and a lil music ere and since a.m got about 55% remaining...and reading em ppt and PDF files as I prep for an exam....be like I go join team Techno !
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mcgboye(m): 11:11am On Jul 26, 2013
From all I've read here, it does seem that people are enjoying this gadget, and most people who naturally post negative stuff about Tecno are finding it difficult to nail this. That for me is pretty impressive.

From all indication, the main thing Tecno has to do now is to work on providing OS Update capability for their devices (even that in itself shouldnt be a deal breaker).

I don't use a Tecno device, but i'm impressed.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mcgboye(m): 12:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
I wrote this somewhere and thought i should share here:

FICTION:

I have N50k and I really wish to buy a Tab with at least 8 inches and that works very well for my needs. If I could get some change after buying this, for data purchase and credit to call my babe, better.

I approach the phone store (say SLOT) and I look at the tabs on display. I give details of my plan to the attractive Shop Attendant and she tells me I can get some tabs for that amount and still have enough change left for the other stuff. So she points me to a tab on the display with something like "Tecno" written on it, and I was like, what's that? Anyway I ask the shop attendant what kinda tab it is and the specs. She mumbled some details I scarcely understand and then tells me it will do ALL the job I have listed, and some more. I asked her how much it costs and she says N35k. I looked back to be sure he wasn't talking to someone else then faced him again. Are you freaking joking? No sir, she replied in a respectful manner. I asked her to repeat the details just to be sure and she confirms what she said earlier, with some other juicy details she forgot to mention the first time. She tells me there are other similar devices going for the same price but Tecno has a Customer Service centre in Lagos where all my queries are addressed, especially if my complaint is within the warranty period. I immediately pay for the device - I don't want her to realise she has given me the wrong price (maybe she had too much to drink). I also bought some other accesories after doing some calculation to check if my spending is still within budget.

You see where this is going? I don't give a damn what other devices can do or how much they cost. This device is cheap for my pocket, does exactly what I want it to do and some more. My friend has a 140k iPad, another has a 90k Samsung Tab but I also have a device which works for me just fine.

I painted the above scenario to explain exactly why people should just enjoy whatever device they bought that suits their budget and their needs.
The key words: BUDGET and NEEDS.

NB: I don’t have a tab, yet.

4 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mcgboye(m): 12:28pm On Jul 26, 2013
I wrote this somewhere and thought i should share here:

FICTION:

I have N50k and I really wish to buy a Tab with at least 8 inches and that works very well for my needs. If I could get some change after buying this, for data purchase and credit to call my babe, better.

I approach the phone store (say SLOT) and I look at the tabs on display. I give details of my plan to the attractive Shop Attendant and she tells me I can get some tabs for that amount and still have enough change left for the other stuff. So she points me to a tab on the display with something like "Tecno" written on it, and I was like, what's that? Anyway I ask the shop attendant what kinda tab it is and the specs. She mumbled some details I scarcely understand and then tells me it will do ALL the job I have listed, and some more. I asked her how much it costs and she says N35k. I looked back to be sure he wasn't talking to someone else then faced him again. Are you freaking joking? No sir, she replied in a respectful manner. I asked her to repeat the details just to be sure and she confirms what she said earlier, with some other juicy details she forgot to mention the first time. She tells me there are other similar devices going for the same price but Tecno has a Customer Service centre in Lagos where all my queries are addressed, especially if my complaint is within the warranty period. I immediately pay for the device - I don't want her to realise she has given me the wrong price (maybe she had too much to drink). I also bought some other accesories after doing some calculation to check if my spending is still within budget.

You see where this is going? I don't give a damn what other devices can do or how much they cost. This device is cheap for my pocket, does exactly what I want it to do and some more. My friend has a 140k iPad, another has a 90k Samsung Tab but I also have a device which works for me just fine.

I painted the above scenario to explain exactly why people should just enjoy whatever device they bought that suits their budget and their needs.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by DGenius1(m): 12:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
mcgboye: I wrote this someone and thought i should share here:

FICTION:

Nyc write-up Bro. .
Yhu jux said it all

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by zinoo: 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2013
Nice one there.well said
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by lordmayor4(m): 2:15pm On Jul 26, 2013
Anyone have a fairly used pad for sale ?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mjay(m): 2:35pm On Jul 26, 2013
The truth is apart from the hypes, The Tecno Tab will also do more than Ipad in some cases, e.g extension via ext card, easy communication with Pc, and uncomplicated and easy usage..plus the price difference..

4 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by hustla(m): 11:38pm On Jul 26, 2013
Just bought Phantom A+
Saw the N9 at slot, i fell in love immediately!

\Buying N9 Next!
grin
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mcgboye(m): 11:48pm On Jul 26, 2013
hustla: Just bought Phantom A+
Saw the N9 at slot, i fell in love immediately!

\Buying N9 Next!
grin

You "just" bought the Phantom A+ at 11:38pm? LOOOL.
Just joking.

I hope you'll find time to share your experience when you get the N9
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by hustla(m): 12:03am On Jul 27, 2013
mcgboye:

You "just" bought the Phantom A+ at 11:38pm? LOOOL.
Just joking.

I hope you'll find time to share your experience when you get the N9

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
Bought it around 5.. still waiting for NEPA light to charge it..
Will sure share d experience with y'all on here..

btwn who knows how to root F7 oo?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by stephenude: 4:03am On Jul 27, 2013
Well, I have scrutinized this Tablet a bit just for a day, I bought it for a friend who lives in Kano and here are my observations.

1, The screen is not really HD.Normal TFT LCD Screen and not IPS Screen. Many other Chinese brands like Sanei, Pipo etc, offer IPS HD Screen for even a lower price.

2. The 5MP Camera is not wonderful. Infact I could not see the difference of it from 2MP or 3MP camera, Very disappointing. The camera is only good in bright light but even a 1.3MP camera is also clear in bright light

3. The battery is not so good. Tecno claims 8hrs of worktime. Well thats a big lie. The battery will only last for more than 4 hours watching movies with the brightness reduced to 10 per cent with an earpiece.

There are no reputable Android forums that discusses any Tecno android phone or tablet, so dont expect to get help online should you encounter any little user problem, therefore you are stuck with their customer care. Most other Quality Chinese tabs like the Sanei N79, Sanei N10, Pipo M9, Pipo M6,CubeU30GT2, Aoson M33 etc, are all over in reputable android forums with users worldwide sharing tweeks, rooting methods, firmware upgrade instructions, custom firmware releases and hacks etc.

The Good Sides I kind felt are,

1, Attractive look and good packaging
2, Dual SIM
3, 16gb internal memory which is very okay. I think this is one major positive.
4, its has Android 4.2 Jellybean although i dont see any difference from the Android 4.1 Jellybean

Verdict
There are no reputable Android forums that discusses any Tecno android phone or tablet, so dont expect to get "Do it yourself" help online should you encounter any little user problem, therefore you are stuck with their customer care. Most other Quality Chinese tabs like the Sanei N79, Sanei N10, Pipo M9, Pipo M6,CubeU30GT2, Aoson M33 etc, are all over in reputable android forums with users worldwide sharing tweeks, rooting methods, firmware upgrade instructions, custom firmware releases and hacks etc. But i believe in terms of hardware issues, tecno service centre presence in Nigeria shall be very beneficial.

The tab is just okay. it might serve a moderate user who does not know much about android devices. From my experience of other quality chinese tabs, i think the price at 35K is still somehow high. Anyway, Tecno and it dealers are here to make profit, no be charity them come do, grin lol.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Nobody: 4:38am On Jul 27, 2013
stephenude: Well, I have scrutinized this Tablet a bit just for a day, I bought it for a friend who lives in Kano and here are my observations.

1, The screen is not really HD.Normal TFT LCD Screen and not IPS Screen. Many other Chinese brands like Sanei, Pipo etc, offer IPS HD Screen for even a lower price.

2. The 5MP Camera is not wonderful. Infact I could not see the difference of it from 2MP or 3MP camera, Very disappointing. The camera is only good in bright light but even a 1.3MP camera is also clear in bright light

3. The battery is not so good. Tecno claims 8hrs of worktime. Well thats a big lie. The battery will only last for more than 4 hours watching movies with the brightness reduced to 10 per cent with an earpiece.

There are no reputable Android forums that discusses any Tecno android phone or tablet, so dont expect to get help online should you encounter any little user problem, therefore you are stuck with their customer care. Most other Quality Chinese tabs like the Sanei N79, Sanei N10, Pipo M9, Pipo M6,CubeU30GT2, Aoson M33 etc, are all over in reputable android forums with users worldwide sharing tweeks, rooting methods, firmware upgrade instructions, custom firmware releases and hacks etc.

2, Dual SIM
4, its has Android 4.2 Jellybean although i dont see any difference from the Android 4.1 Jellybean

Verdict
There are no reputable Android forums that discusses any Tecno android phone or tablet, so dont expect to get "Do it yourself" help online should you encounter any little user problem, therefore you are stuck with their customer care. Most other Quality Chinese tabs like the Sanei N79, Sanei N10, Pipo M9, Pipo M6,CubeU30GT2, Aoson M33 etc, are all over in reputable android forums with users worldwide sharing tweeks, rooting methods, firmware upgrade instructions, custom firmware releases and hacks etc. But i believe in terms of hardware issues, tecno service centre presence in Nigeria shall be very beneficial.

The tab is just okay. it might serve a moderate user who does not know much about android devices. From my experience of other quality chinese tabs, i think the price at 35K is still somehow high. Anyway, Tecno and it dealers are here to make profit, no be charity them come do, grin lol.

hmmmmm. You really scritinized the pad well. So the one you bought has dual SIM?

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by DGenius1(m): 5:50am On Jul 27, 2013
stephenude: Well, I have scrutinized this Tablet a bit just for a day, I bought it for a friend who lives in Kano and here are my observations.

2, Dual SIM

Verdict

Dude, I rily hv 2 Advise yu 2 Return d@ Gadget 2 Whoever yhu got it 4rm kuz it's definitely nut TN9 (Dual sim thingy)
AND
R' yhu sure yhu actually know d' prices of those Pipo M6,M9,Aoson & Cube U30GT2 Brands+Thier shipping cost 4rm China

Also, Kan't comment on it's display n' Camera quality as well as Ba3 lyf, kuz av not actually used d' gadget.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by hustla(m): 6:27am On Jul 27, 2013

2, Dual SIM

Verdict

dem don scam this guy
dual sim??

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by klens(m): 7:58am On Jul 27, 2013
What stephenude was saying about this Tecno N9 is true, apart from the fact he made mistake on dual sim. People dont want to learn that's what i hate.they think tecno is offering them Smart phones at a cheaper rate not knowing they are been cheated with their outdated software that lacks OTA update, if you need OTA update you only buy their newly release.use to be a tecno fan till i tried other chines brand,i have use all Tecno smart phone, always among the first to Buy in my state,lucky to sell my a week old f7 30k withot powerbank, even created that f7 Thread till my eyes open. Ask urself this question are you Buying the N9 as a Tab or a mere android Phone,if yes does it support USB on the go (OTG), External keyboard, wireless keyboard,game pad,Bluetooth data Transmission,HDMI, modem, etc.i guess thats what a Tab is meant for not as the same feature with Android phones. The Tab Stephenude mentioned above i have use most of them and that is what im currently selling now with keyboard, some even cheaper than N9 Tab
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by semid4lyfe(m): 8:06am On Jul 27, 2013
Ok, thank you.

You have spoken and we have heard. Leave us to enjoy our overpriced tecno pads

8 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by hustla(m): 8:34am On Jul 27, 2013
klens: What stephenude was saying about this Tecno N9 is true, apart from the fact he made mistake on dual sim. People dont want to learn that's what i hate.they think tecno is offering them Smart phones at a cheaper rate not knowing they are been cheated with their outdated software that lacks OTA update, if you need OTA update you only buy their newly release.use to be a tecno fan till i tried other chines brand,i have use all Tecno smart phone, always among the first to Buy in my state,lucky to sell my a week old f7 30k withot powerbank, even created that f7 Thread till my eyes open. Ask urself this question are you Buying the N9 as a Tab or a mere android Phone,if yes does it support USB on the go (OTG), External keyboard, wireless keyboard,game pad,Bluetooth data Transmission,HDMI, modem, etc.i guess thats what a Tab is meant for not as the same feature with Android phones. The Tab Stephenude mentioned above i have use most of them and that is what im currently selling now with keyboard, some even cheaper than N9 Tab

wen OTA upgrades come now,you will still find another fault

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by jwills(m): 8:43am On Jul 27, 2013
klens: What stephenude was saying about this Tecno N9 is true, apart from the fact he made mistake on dual sim. People dont want to learn that's what i hate.they think tecno is offering them Smart phones at a cheaper rate not knowing they are been cheated with their outdated software that lacks OTA update, if you need OTA update you only buy their newly release.use to be a tecno fan till i tried other chines brand,i have use all Tecno smart phone, always among the first to Buy in my state,lucky to sell my a week old f7 30k withot powerbank, even created that f7 Thread till my eyes open. Ask urself this question are you Buying the N9 as a Tab or a mere android Phone,if yes does it support USB on the go (OTG), External keyboard, wireless keyboard,game pad,Bluetooth data Transmission,HDMI, modem, etc.i guess thats what a Tab is meant for not as the same feature with Android phones. The Tab Stephenude mentioned above i have use most of them and that is what im currently selling now with keyboard, some even cheaper than N9 Tab

guys if u come to promote products there is a thread for dat here in nairaland, so go to dat thread n pls dont spoil ppls good hearts about another product!

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 27, 2013
hustla:

wen OTA upgrades come now,you will still find another fault
he never said anything bout OTA update.. ..he was talking bout OTG.. kai.. u guys screaming tecno is lord, tecno came to save us, dnt even know nada bout androids... well tecno never gave u guys tht, so how wilk u know.. flexing my gionee e3 and sammy s3..

i so much pray to meet any tecno fan with dis excuse for a tab or phones real live...
i will so much diss yhu, you will regret ever buyin dis cheap a5s tecno bulLshiT..

anyways i never really hated tecno, not until they compared it with samsung, just to feel among... lol..

and to my fellow tecno haters.. lol.. just ignore dis tecno fans, they can only shout and rant online... in the real life, they hide their products, coz they are too ashamed of the name tecno...

TECNO ARE NOT EVEN RECOGNIZED IN CHINA..

AND THE BEST PHONE COMPANY IN CHINA AS OF YESTERDAY IS GIONEE..

link coming up...

so tecno is just a phase tht will soon wear off in this country... oh and the reason why tecno think they are gaining ground is cos of the tecno n3, which was sold for 13k, and basically everybody in nigeria could afford tht... thtz why d brand became known...

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by hustla(m): 9:51am On Jul 27, 2013
deejay_harry1: he never said anything bout OTA update.. ..he was talking bout OTG.. kai.. u guys screaming tecno is lord, tecno came to save us, dnt even know nada bout androids... well tecno never gave u guys tht, so how wilk u know.. flexing my gionee e3 and sammy s3..

i so much pray to meet any tecno fan with dis excuse for a tab or phones real live...
i will so much diss yhu, you will regret ever buyin dis cheap a5s tecno bulLshiT..

anyways i never really hated tecno, not until they compared it with samsung, just to feel among... lol..

and to my fellow tecno haters.. lol.. just ignore dis tecno fans, they can only shout and rant online... in the real life, they hide their products, coz they are too ashamed of the name tecno...

TECNO ARE NOT EVEN RECOGNIZED IN CHINA..

AND THE BEST PHONE COMPANY IN CHINA AS OF YESTERDAY IS GIONEE..

link coming up...

so tecno is just a phase tht will soon wear off in this country... oh and the reason why tecno think they are gaining ground is cos of the tecno n3, which was sold for 13k, and basically everybody in nigeria could afford tht... thtz why d brand became known...

man,that is the problem with Nigerians smh!!not everyone fancies OTA and OTG..I know quite a bit about tech and ibreally do not bother as long as my phone runs smooth .. cos you use s3 and blah blah so what??check my previous posts,I condemned Techno as ripping us off and all...better China phones can be gotten for less but I would rather still stick with them.
you really had time to type this much just to hate on a phone?seriously? them force you buy am??
smh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (66) (Reply)

How To Download Nigerian Nollywood Movies To Phone / Pc For Free / Hack Your Symbian Phone In 3mins(v3,v5,anna,belle) Now / Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.