Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,671 members, 7,889,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 03:39 AM

Uyo Township Stadium Banned From Hosting Matches - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Uyo Township Stadium Banned From Hosting Matches (6706 Views)

Pics From Aba Township Marathon / Photo Of Warri Township Stadium After Heavy Downpour / Akwa Ibom Stadium, Nominated As World Stadium Of The Year (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo Township Stadium Banned From Hosting Matches by searay(m): 5:56pm On Jun 12, 2013
Inik: This whole issue looks like a setup to me. Akwa united was leading warri wolves with two goals at half time when this incidence occurred. According to a journalist friend who was in the dressing room "a fan" threw a satchet of pure water at the referee. It was nothing serious so it was surprising that the referee refused to restart the game despite the pleadings of Akwa united officials.
There are indications that the fan was hired by warri wolves to "attack" the referee and that the referee was acting according to the predetermined arrangement he had with warri wolves to disrupt the game so as to award boardroom points to Warri wolves. The Nigerian league is a big mess.
You are on point, this a set up.
Re: Uyo Township Stadium Banned From Hosting Matches by searay(m): 5:58pm On Jun 12, 2013
Inik:
Uyo is different from Calabar. Uyo is the capital city of Akwa ibom state while Calabar is the capital of Cross river state. However Akwa ibom state used to be a part of cross river state until it was seperated from cross river and created as a new state by ex-military president Babangida on 21st september 1987.

You owe me 20$ for the information smiley
23rd Sept, not 21st
Re: Uyo Township Stadium Banned From Hosting Matches by EzePromoe: 6:13pm On Jun 12, 2013
Why is Akwa Utd scared of coming to Onitsha? We've been praying for so long for God to promote our Anambra Utd to the NPFL so we can enjoy what our mates are enjoying in Aba, Owerri and Enugu, but God answered us in another dimension by sending answers all the way from Akwa Ibom grin
Don't worry Akwa Utd, our indigenous spare part manufacturers are able to manage the club without the government cool

LONG LIVE AKWA UNITED OF ONITSHA cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Township Stadium Banned From Hosting Matches by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 12, 2013
obadiah777: WHY I GOTTA DO ALL DAT ? WHY YALL CANT TELL ME IN HERE TO PREVENT ME FROM CRAMMING DOWN 36 STATES ? SMDH undecided

Who said you should cram ? We know you've got no brains for that so why would we punish an adult baby ? We only asked you to check it up @the backcover of any 20leaves exercise book. Since you typed this I trust you won't have problems reading/identifying !

1 Like

Re: Uyo Township Stadium Banned From Hosting Matches by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
Bertadayz:

Who said you should cram ? We know you've got no brains for that so why would we punish an adult baby ? We only asked you to check it up @the backcover of any 20leaves exercise book. Since you typed this I trust you won't have problems reading/identifying !
AND HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT TYPE OF BRAIN I HAVE ? HAVE WE MET ? SMDH cry
Re: Uyo Township Stadium Banned From Hosting Matches by Inik(m): 8:12pm On Jun 12, 2013
searay: 23rd Sept, not 21st
Thanks for the correction
Re: Uyo Township Stadium Banned From Hosting Matches by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jun 12, 2013
obadiah777: AND HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT TYPE OF BRAIN I HAVE ? HAVE WE MET ? SMDH cry

Your posts speak volumes of your fish-brain !

1 Like

Re: Uyo Township Stadium Banned From Hosting Matches by dioman: 3:34pm On Jul 03, 2013
The Football House has decided to reverse the decision of the League Management Committee to banish the Uyo side to Oba, Anambra State
The Nigeria Football Federation Organising and Disciplinary Committee on Thursday after its meeting in Abuja decided to upturn the decision of the League Management Committee to banish Akwa United after their game against Warri Wolves in Uyo.

Akwa United were leading 2-0 in the game before it was alleged that fans of the Uyo side attacked referee Henry Ogunyanmade from Ondo.

The referee during the inteval said he could not continue the game in the second half and that was how the game was concluded.

The League Management Committee subsequently banished Akwa United to Rojenny Stadium in Oba and awarded three points and three goals to Warri Wolves.

The NFF O&D after its meeting Thrusday evening ruled that Akwa United should return to Uyo. It also said that the abandoned game between Akwa and Warri Wolves will be replayed at a later date.

The Committee noted that since the first half was completed in the abandoned game, only 45 minutes will be played when the two teams take to the pitch.

The remaining 45 minutes will be handled by a new referee.

The decision means the three points and three goals awarded to Warri Wolves will be deducted from the total points haul of the Warri side.

Warri Wolves now have 30 points from 18 matches.
Re: Uyo Township Stadium Banned From Hosting Matches by tck2000(m): 1:22pm On Jun 06, 2019
stores

(1) (2) (Reply)

Solomon Ogbeide Blames Lobi Defenders For Champions League Defeat / Coronavirus: Bundesliga games, German football suspended / Germany Vs Serbia [0 - 1] On June 18 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.