Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,359 members, 7,943,875 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 07:10 AM

Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government (27342 Views)

Wike Dedicates Victory To People Of Rivers State , See What He Did On The Street / Ambode At The 22nd Anniversary Of June 12, 1993 Presidential Election (pics) / General Buhari's Military Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by konami001: 10:04am On Jun 12, 2013
There is no need for any of these.... The winner of the June 12th election himself was known as ITT in some circles... They are all so NOT CLEAN!.... To me its clearly a case of Thief rob thief.... If to say im win that time, na these same people for occupy the top positions... make i nor waste my time again.... bye bye!
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by AbuMikey(m): 10:05am On Jun 12, 2013
ModaFuQars....Retarded Old men responsible for most of Nigeria's problem!!!
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by Siraleeyu(m): 10:05am On Jun 12, 2013
I observed 1 thing from this post, most of those hu signed dis paper are thesame people recyclin themselves in d appears of this our great nation, how on earth do u xpect nigeria develope? Untill we all keep our differences aside nd join hands 2geda, help our self nd our onborn children nd get rid of these old cargoes dat are hinderin d transformation of our great nation,NIGERIA WILL FOREVER REMAIN BACKWARD, mark my words........and for those illiterets nairalanders that always advertise their bigotry nd sentiments for no reason only to support a devil from their region,tribe or because their share dsame religion I advice this is high time we put a stop to dat nd fight for a common purpose so dat we free nigeria from d hands of diz evil looters....May Allah help Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by Pdizzle(m): 10:07am On Jun 12, 2013
20yrs ago and these people are still at the helm of affairs,and they call the young ones leaders of 2moro..,they sold our future for thier pockets..God pass them
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by Koolking(m): 10:08am On Jun 12, 2013
June 12 is overrated. We have moved on. Nigeria couldnt have been better with June 12 enthronement. Since independence in 1960 Nigeria has been poverty of selfless leaders. June 12 could not have been the CHANGE. Now and tomorrow is the CHANGE which is in our hands. Until we shun tribal bigotry and sectional sentiments, we will continue to be entangled with trivialities of June 12 at the expense of the bigger picture.

June 12 my foot

1 Like

Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by filcast(m): 10:08am On Jun 12, 2013
so angry! When does the lynching start? REVOLUTION!!!
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by wordcat(m): 10:09am On Jun 12, 2013
Hmmm So na d same people wey dey rule Nigeria since 19.... stil dey rule us till 20...

chei!!! which way 4 d youths
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by tomakint: 10:10am On Jun 12, 2013
Treachery lies deep in the hearts of men! IBB was right afterall when he said many factors led to the cancellation of the 'freest and fairest election' in the political history of Nigeria! I still believed some names are missing in the purported list!
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 12, 2013
This is twenty years after, and funny enough these pple are still in powerful positions in nigeria. Wtf??
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by ifyalways(f): 10:12am On Jun 12, 2013
Same old "people" still signing away our "country"
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by killuminati(m): 10:14am On Jun 12, 2013
E don tey wey man don't carry 1st oh angry
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by Bigcake: 10:14am On Jun 12, 2013
So it was only the Hausas n yorubas that signed the document . The yorubas accepted to sell one their own to their age long slave masters. Power can never go into the hands of yorubas or hausas. Just mark my words.

3 Likes

Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by Paulonminyi: 10:15am On Jun 12, 2013
Ok,cn we nw sing?
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 12, 2013
Chief Tony Anenih was Chairman of SDP at
the time of June 12 annulment. It was the
victory of the party he led that was
negotiated away. He later emerged as
Coordinator of a N10 billion worth of Poverty
Alleviation Programme (PAP), precursor to
NAPEP, even as Works and Housing Minister
in Obasanjo’s administration (1999-2003).
He later emerged as Chairman of the Board
of Trustees of the PDP. He handed over to
Obasanjo as BoT Chairman in 2007.
[b]Seeing this man's name on the list, the Chairman of then SDP, yet, he signed the document too. I shake my head!
Politicians are the same, they are just recycling themselves with their family members in the corridors of power. They come with different logos and party names but same people whether it is SDP, NRC, PDP or APC, they are the same set of people. Will there be change in Nigeria with these same set of people? undecided [\b]
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by mymadam(m): 10:20am On Jun 12, 2013
dulphines: What do we do to them now?

Vote them in, come 2015, I guess. God bless (save) Nigeria.
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by drnoel: 10:26am On Jun 12, 2013
Looks like u people here have eyes but don't see. Its only to insult people who honestly make comments all of u know how to do but to make ur own constructive comments slides many people non this forum.

If u guys look carefully in the write-up u will see names of people presently in power also appearing over and over again in that time. Now these people compromised in the face of threat and who says they wont compromise again. Is it too much to ask that new faces should come into Nigerian politics let us at least get a breath of fresh air?
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by bigboy3: 10:34am On Jun 12, 2013
drnoel: Looks like u people here have eyes but don't see. Its only to insult people who honestly make comments all of u know how to do but to make ur own constructive comments slides many people non this forum.

If u guys look carefully in the write-up u will see names of people presently in power also appearing over and over again in that time. Now these people compromised in the face of threat and who says they wont compromise again. Is it too much to ask that new faces should come into Nigerian politics let us at least get a breath of fresh air?

my thought exactly, I still dont get the 'Nigerian mentality'.....are we just fools, ignorant, blind or nonchalant. These guys are meddling with our future, we need to wake up.
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by onimcee1(m): 10:36am On Jun 12, 2013
I will b back
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by wellmax(m): 10:40am On Jun 12, 2013
Why is it that alomst all who signed also served in the Obasanjo administration?
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by Solowande(m): 10:43am On Jun 12, 2013
dulphines: What do we do to them now?
let kill those ones dat are still alive
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by abes(m): 10:47am On Jun 12, 2013
98 percent of names on the list are presently PDP godfathers.
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by yokiti: 10:48am On Jun 12, 2013
HMNNN! The masses spoke with one voice to perform their civic responsibility. The names (elites) am seeing in this article of those that silenced the voice of the populace have representive of virtually all major (please, i dont mean to undermine the inputs of other minorities) ethnic groups in Nigeria.
To think that these people (those that subverted the wish of the masses) have in may ways benefitted from the democracy they sold out is painful. When will they pay the price for their sins?
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by Jerry2i(m): 10:49am On Jun 12, 2013
The same people then,the same people now.How can there be a change in the way we run things in this country.
SMsH.......
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by tawa89(f): 10:49am On Jun 12, 2013
Abali1: Madam-Oringo said that Igbos hate MKO ABIOLA. Abegi how many NOTABLE Igbo politicians past and present signed the document?
How many NOTABLE Yoruba Politicians past and present signed the document?
How many NOTABLE Hausa politicians past and present signed the document?
How many NOTABLE South-South politicians past and present signed the document?
How many NOTABLE Middle-Belt politicians past and present signed the document?

When you argue do so with an objective mind and not with Pre-biased mind.
Even the igbo poilitician that signed that document did so with 'reservations'. This could mean he did so under duress, while Shonekan and other Yoruba politicians signed away MKO's mandate gleefully.LMAO

2 Likes

Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:51am On Jun 12, 2013
nahinbdis: Is it a coincidence that most of the key signatories later served in Obasanjo's Govt?

There are so many things that are yet to come to light and I wonder if they ever will!
in politics, it is better not to knw.
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by iamdsam: 10:56am On Jun 12, 2013
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by Melancholy(m): 10:59am On Jun 12, 2013
Haven't you heard that there is no permanent enemy in politics.They all looking for what to eat.
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by Exponental(m): 11:01am On Jun 12, 2013
Not that I believe that Nigerians glory lies in d hands of MKO but why do we have traitors of democracy @ d alms of democratic affairs.
-Up Nepa is a national statement celebrated by kids.
-Our car tyres are used to d bad roads.
-........and many more
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by Abali1(m): 11:03am On Jun 12, 2013
tawa89: Even the igbo poilitician that signed that document did so with 'reservations'. This could mean he did so under duress, while Shonekan and other Yoruba politicians signed away MKO's mandate gleefully.LMAO
Apart from Nwodo, the other guy(Odunze) is virtually unknown then not to talk of now.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by Maxymilliano(m): 11:12am On Jun 12, 2013
The same old politicians wey rule Nigeria before

The same old politicians wey spoil Nigeria before

Obasanjo carry all of them

All of them dey there now

He no finish, he no finish, he no finish, he no finish, he no finish, he no finish ... Culled from Army Arrangement by Fela Anikulapo
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by passionate88: 11:14am On Jun 12, 2013
The same people who collected bribe from Abacha to kill June 12 and deny Abiola from becoming president, and the same people who protested against Abiola being immortalized with the University of Lagos, is still the same people coming out here today to rant about celebrating June 12 and honouring Abiola.
Where exactly do these people stand??
Hypocrisy is a very dangerous ailment! - by Michael Faraday Michael. - Hope For Nigeria
na for fb I copy am.
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by Vavavoom(m): 11:25am On Jun 12, 2013
It is unheard off to find a natural state where an oppressor willingly repents without some sort of prodding, civil pressure from the governed. For these ones it is a matter of what they've been allowed to get away with by a people who desire change but won't lift a finger to fight.

I dare say our transition has been one of static change - more of the same. The oppressors are a retinue of same mad people whose method continue to boder on the selfish. When they conspire and amnogst their rank no division can be seen. They pull and share their loot not along ETHNIC lines neither on RELIGIOUS grounds. For they have left these opium as a measure of control towards the oppressed.

They are waiting for us to rise, to fight and dislodge them - no inch of space will be freely given. For them we are that golden pot of porridge served to their conspiring delight without watch and regulation. It doesn't matter what their names are...Anenih, Ciroma, Jonathan, Abiola, Nwodo, for across our diverse cardinals they continue to converge on a common motive - TO OPPRESS the governed UNHINDERED!
na awa hand d fight dey - until we the oppressed can rise above ethnic and religious sentiments we will forever be waiting and praying idly for an unlikely change in our fortune.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise / Youths Boo & Send Khalid Aliyu, Newly Appointed Imam Out Of Sultan Bello Mosque / Muhammad Ali Met Gowon In Nigeria In 1971 (Throwback Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.