Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,347 members, 7,884,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 03:19 PM

Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government (27299 Views)

Wike Dedicates Victory To People Of Rivers State , See What He Did On The Street / Ambode At The 22nd Anniversary Of June 12, 1993 Presidential Election (pics) / General Buhari's Military Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by Nuke: 5:47pm On Jun 12, 2013
dridowu: do u pass via secondary sch @ all, read my post again " Majority " is the keyword. I did that intentionally because pple like u will fall 4 my trap , thank God d tin catch u.

I think you should rather ask yourself that question. I never stated that majority of them are not in a particular party, I only pointed out that they are taking leadership positions in even the "Messiah" party which indicates that there is no hope yet. Try to read messages and understand it rather than just attack o think anyone is attacking you.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by Nuke: 5:48pm On Jun 12, 2013
klas: The misleading thing about this report is that it does not specifically identify the document that was signed. For those of us that were old enough and still remember what happened, the report is not accurate.

The committee of 34 eminent persons was not responsible for the annulment. The annulment was already done on June 23 and a decree to that effect already gazetted. In his broadcast, IBB intended that a new election would hold immediately but excluding abiola and tofa and their running mates. He then unbanned ciroma, Yaradua, falae and co who he had earlier banned from contesting for president.

The political class kicked against immediate election and in July 1993, the president set up the committee of 34 to resolve the impasse chaired by the then vice president Aikhomu and included representatives of the Armed forces ruling council, armed forces consultative assembly -David Mark and others, transition ruling council - shonekan and others and the two political parties -sdp and nrc -anenih, kusamotu, ikimi, sule lamido and others.

The committee resolved that the new election could not hold immediately in time for the military to hand over on August 27 1993 but instead fixed the election for early 1994 but with a provision that the transition ruling council headed by shonekan which was earlier set up in January 1993 and had been ruling the country in quasi military-civilian arrangement since then should be expanded and transformed to interim national government effective from August 27 1993. That is the content of the document signed by the committee.

Note that as from January 1993 and as at June 12, all states were being governed by civilian government and there was already the national assembly sitting at federal level with transition ruling council headed by shonekan serving as executive arm all under IBB and Aikhomu. It was the report of the committee that IBB took to the national assembly for ratification in his famous "step aside" address in August 1993.

Thanks for the clarification if this is true.
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by geniuscoa: 7:49pm On Jun 12, 2013
omowunme:
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=124322:lessons-of-june-12-by-soyinka-abiola-constello-nlc-others-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
With the kind of world we live in,is it even worthwhile to be a sacrificial lamb.In a quest for power and money,people do betray their bosom friends.Only God can search the heart of man and judge accordingly.
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by dridowu: 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2013
Nuke:

I think you should rather ask yourself that question. I never stated that majority of them are not in a particular party, I only pointed out that they are taking leadership positions in even the "Messiah" party which indicates that there is no hope yet. Try to read messages and understand it rather than just attack o think anyone is attacking you.
just passing. Hi
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by SirVee(m): 8:12pm On Jun 12, 2013
dulphines: What do we do to them now?
Their political career should die!
Anti - democratic forces now posturing as pillars of democracy. All they have is 'interim' success.Shame to the killers of the people's wishes. That's why Nigeria is still in darkness. We watch and await their shames.......
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by Audukaya: 9:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
then so what?
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by darlingbobo(m): 11:58pm On Jun 12, 2013
Imagine, majority of all these people that truncated the destiny of Nigeria are still in government. Is as we the electorates don't know what is good and bad. In a society where its citizens are wise, such group of people will never smell any leadership position. These people should be in prison. I'm sure God won't even be happy with us Nigerians. From the list, I did not see the name of Gen. M. Buhari but people would say he committed worst atrocities. To me the listed individuals are the real enemy of Nigeria state.
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by jumobi1(m): 12:24am On Jun 13, 2013
You know we aren't going to do a damn thing about this. Nigerians are not built for revolting.
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by kinguwem: 12:51am On Jun 13, 2013
mascot87: It's high time we forget our past and move forward,we have a lot to achieve in this country than trying to allow our past to be a setback to our development.Even in a family,if he husband or d wife continue to talk about the past mistakes of each other, then troubles would always arise. We need to move forward please.We need issues that can bring about national development.Nigeria will be great again cos God will restore all our lost glory.
The past precedes the future. Without addressing the problem of the past, the future is bleak. IBB is still alive. He should tell nigerians why he annulled the June 12 elections.
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
Check the list again, and if ur name is not there it means u are nobody
Re: Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government by Makapounse(m): 6:49pm On Feb 04, 2015
Gen Ibrahim Babangida should be held responsible for it, he did what he intended to do and used those signatories as cover-up, they signed under duress, so they all had no options than to sign,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amosun Leads Democracy Walk To MKO Abiola's House / Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun / PDP Rejects Osun Gov Election Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.