Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,030 members, 7,928,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 08:43 AM

Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each (7218 Views)

National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today / Buhari's Ministers,Lawmakers To Get N9bn Housing,furniture Allowance / Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by dee02(m): 7:03pm On May 09, 2008
It is obvious that HORSE FACED cheating clueless Governor of Oyo State don't know what the masses are facing outhere
20MILLION NAIRA to INCOMPETENT IDIOTS who only discuss AMALA politics as directed by their HOOLIGAN PENSIONER LEADER (LAMIDI ADEDIBU!)

The question is do they deserve it? the answer is NO because they dont deserve it and they have not earned it!

When would our Governors try to alleviate the masses suffering rather than bribing GOOFY-HEADS to preserve their political status?

When is Nigeria going to learn and how is this fighting WASTEFUL AND UNNECESSARY SPENDING OF GOVERNMENT FUNDS?!
How do you justify that much money as allowances? If people who only go to the statehouse and house of assembly get 20MILLION NAIRA to eat AMALA and drink gulder, then Nigeria is rotting away!
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by damola1: 7:28pm On May 09, 2008
The problem of Nigeria is with everyone who calls himself a Nigerian.

Until each and everyone begins to partake in the daily running of the nigeria company and not leave it to a certain set of people, Nigeria will continue to run down!

Millatary came and gone, Democrazy don come, still same tory, if not worse!, but the Good thing is, we can talk, we can ask questions, the earlier we begin to excercise this power of asking questions the better.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Epiphany(m): 8:08pm On May 09, 2008
i am sorry if i sound angry and wicked, BUT ALL THESE PEOPLE NO GO DIE BETTA!
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Anuliph(f): 8:25pm On May 09, 2008
angry and cry but not shocked
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by igbonla(m): 9:08pm On May 09, 2008
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Jamco45: 9:09pm On May 09, 2008
House,
If a thief comes to your house everyday to disturb you and your family, you tried to kill him but unsuccessful, get him arrested also unsuccessful, move house and they move with you. You tried everything. What will you do?

To beat a thief you have to think like one thats the only way forward (I am not saying be a thief, I Said think like one). We can't keep getting upset and doing nothing all the time. we will keep going in circles, round and round and round.

Most of you are probably right but i am trying to think outside the box for a minute.

Why do governments around the world negotiate with terrorists after various attempt to stop their actions.

If nobody get my ideology then I might as well stop writing now.

To sum up my point. All I am trying to say is that we can start our fight against corruption by paying Politicians, Police, Lectures, Army, Doctors, Civil Servants very well and make their job fulfilling. It will not eradicate it but it can be a start.

Please people give realistic contribution to how we can accomplice this (don't say things like kill them all, not realistic)
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Uche2nna(m): 9:13pm On May 09, 2008
Jamco45:

House,
If a thief comes to your house everyday to disturb you and your family, you tried to kill him but unsuccessful, get him arrested also unsuccessful, move house and they move with you. You tried everything. What will you do?

Why do governments around the world negotiate with terrorists after various attempt to stop their actions.

Out of desperation/ frustration, I guess.

Whats ur point?
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by SkyBlue1: 9:16pm On May 09, 2008
@Jamco45, if you said something like firing on the spot for corrupt officers and long term improsonment if prosecuted then i would say that is viable thinking outside the box. Even shooting on sight or public flogging (i am not advocating these by the way) then that is thinking outside the box. I am sorry, but paying thieves more money to not steal That i really don't get.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Jamco45: 9:17pm On May 09, 2008
Uche2nna:

Out of desperation/ frustration, I guess.

Whats your point?

My point exactly. We are fraustrated. If you don't get it now then am sorry.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by SkyBlue1: 9:20pm On May 09, 2008
I really don't think the frustration at the right people and the situation has reached a national level because it is hard to imagine that the national assembly and government houses would not have been mobbed by now and people like Odilli, Ibori, Obasanjo and the rest of their kind who EFCC (a dead agency) has failed to do anything about, drawn out to the street and flogged old fashioned african style before being paraded on the street like the robbers they are for being a menace to the country.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Jamco45: 9:21pm On May 09, 2008
Sky Blue:

@Jamco45, if you said something like firing on the spot for corrupt officers and long term improsonment if prosecuted then i would say that is viable thinking outside the box. Even shooting on sight or public flogging (i am not advocating these by the way) then that is thinking outside the box. I am sorry, but paying thieves more money to not steal That i really don't get.

We need to motivate. Job satisfaction or are civil servant not allowed to have job satisfaction. A good government has to be charismatic and creative not just a dictator. After job satisfaction some of what you said can be used as well.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Uche2nna(m): 9:24pm On May 09, 2008
Sky Blue:

That would not help. In the long run, the effect would catastrophic.  We really don't need to sink to low levels to get back at these monsters and more importantly shooting them would not actually recover the money.

All it takes is one honest government. A Government that would bring all these guys to book. Right now , the last admin is being probed but we have heard those kind of story lines. Problem with these probes is that at the end of the day no one is actually prosecuted. No one is meant to cough back all the lootings. We hear talk, talk and no ACTION.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Jamco45: 9:24pm On May 09, 2008
Sky Blue:

I really don't think the frustration at the right people and the situation has reached a national level because it is hard to imagine that the national assembly and government houses would not have been mobbed by now and people like Odilli, Ibori, Obasanjo and the rest of their kind who EFCC (a dead agency) has failed to do anything about, drawn out to the street and flogged old fashioned african style before being paraded on the street like the robbers they are for being a menace to the country.

Good idea but we both know it will never happen. Personally i will love to see them flogged and imprisoned but we know it will not happen so why not think of a realistic way forward. Realistic.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Uche2nna(m): 9:28pm On May 09, 2008
There are only two ways by which countries change thier fate

* A radical government with different views from its predeccesors. Which is what I am praying for.

* A revolution carried out by the citizens. Which is HIGHLY UNLIKELY in Nigeria.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Jamco45: 9:30pm On May 09, 2008
Uche2nna:

That would not help. In the long run, the effect would catastrophic.  We really don't need to sink to low levels to get back at these monsters and more importantly shooting them would not actually recover the money.

All it takes is one honest government. A Government that would bring all these guys to book. Right now , the last admin is being probed but we have heard those kind of story lines. Problem with these probes is that at the end of the day no one is actually prosecuted. No one is meant to cough back all the lootings. We hear talk, talk and no ACTION.

Yep. Talk talk and no action exactly. So what can a new government do? When 99% of the people they will be working with are corrupt. I have never met a graduate that wants to be a civil servant (apart from top political jobs), police man, teacher, lecturer they only do this jobs after trying everything else.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by SkyBlue1: 9:32pm On May 09, 2008
There is wide spread ignorance of the genuine rights of the people and the benefits good and uncorrupt governance can bring. There is also ignorance on what is seen as corruption and its harm on everyone and the country as a whole. Although fair enough there are a lot who are corrupt and know it and know its implications, but what about all those rural areas that don't even have roads and still vote. Those places and even some cities that corrupt people can still go and the people will hold festival to welcome thieves. I know it sounds trivial but this is part of the cause. Ignorance on what is right and benefitial for the country. Also, when the people stop behaving like Esau and stop selling their birth rights for a plate of rice when election day comes then you can now tell me people are serious. One solution to this people, one solution that we can all partake in? Educate people especially in rural areas. It could be anything from speaking to people in rural areas or some family members or going to schools or writing insightful articles which can be read by students and stir up debates. I know it sounds condescending but we all know what corruption is doing to the country and that we don't really have a democracy. If we all get more active politically for the sake of the nation then we can change things. People always complain about feeling helpless and this is my suggestion. Also, the house of reps is meant to be the voice of the people. Find out who the rep from your area or state is. Engage them if you can, anyone, even local government chairmen, anyone. And ask them what plans they have for the state. Why have certain bills in the house not been passed yet. These are all things that won't cost an arm and a leg but can still make a difference.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Jamco45: 9:33pm On May 09, 2008
Uche2nna:

There are only two ways by which countries change their fate

* A radical government with different views from its predeccesors. Which is what I am praying for.

* A revolution carried out by the citizens. Which is HIGHLY UNLIKELY in Nigeria.

A radical government is also unlikely (not impossible). Buhari tried it during his tenure in the 80s. So if the above two cannot be achieve in the nearest future then what can we do? If nothing them we are all stuffed and this corruotion will just continue.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Jamco45: 9:36pm On May 09, 2008
Sky Blue:

There is wide spread ignorance of the genuine rights of the people and the benefits good and uncorrupt governance can bring. There is also ignorance on what is seen as corruption and its harm on everyone and the country as a whole. Although fair enough there are a lot who are corrupt and know it and know its implications, but what about all those rural areas that don't even have roads and still vote. Those places and even some cities that corrupt people can still go and the people will hold festival to welcome thieves. I know it sounds trivial but this is part of the cause. Ignorance on what is right and benefitial for the country. Also, when the people stop behaving like Esau and stop selling their birth rights for a plate of rice when election day comes then you can now tell me people are serious. One solution to this people, one solution tha we can all partake in? Educate people especially in rural areas. It could be anything from speaking to people in rural areas or some family members or going to schools or writing insightful articles which can be read by students and stir up debates. I know it sounds condescending but we all know what corruption is doing to the country and that we don't really have a democracy. If we all get more active politically for the sake of the nation then we can change things. People always complain about feeling helpless and this is my suggestion. Also, the house of reps is meant to be the voice of the people. Find out who the rep ifrom your area or state is. Engage them if you can, anyone, even local government chairmen, anyone. And ask them what plans they have for the state. Why have certain bills in the house not been passed yet. These are all things that won't cost an arm and a leg but can still make a difference.

I totally agree with you.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by SkyBlue1: 9:39pm On May 09, 2008
I really do believe the media can play a part in this. I think a Nigerian based political show where politicians are asked serious questions and cross examined about different issues and their plans including public input is long overdue. As opposed to the big man butt kissing oga sir that defiles the airwaves all the time
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by reindeer: 9:48pm On May 09, 2008
I never expected anything better from the body bleaching, thug glorifying shameless ex thug ruling the state, dont forget he's an ex-policeman!
We live in a society that worships wealth regardless of source, until the populace rise yp to challeneg all such retards in govt we wont have leaders! Its been said that a society gets the kind of leaders it deserves and not the one it demands!
These people are petty thieves who derserve to roast!
RUBBISH!
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by damola1: 12:19am On May 10, 2008
Too much english is bad for business.

The way forward is very simple. Everyone needs to be a democrat or a republican, oh sorry, join PDP or AD!

If I employ an accountant and don't do an audit, most likely whether it's in Nigeria, or UK or USA or anywhere, most likely he'll chop my money.

So, we need auditing. How do we audit?

We begin to ask questions, and begin to gather people who like to ask questions, until the answers are giving, No long tory!!!!
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Frizy(m): 9:59am On May 10, 2008
**hisses** na today? No be naija.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Eagle1(m): 11:38am On May 10, 2008
Read in the papers recently that the state just got a N27b windfall from the federation account and the governor intends to give the state infrastructure a 'monumental facelift'. Could be that this facelift is starting with the lawmakers afterall. Talk about 'with immediate effect' governor(aksion l'omo).

And the big masquerade(Adedibu) has quickly recovered and gone back to Ibadan( The man was hospitalised in Reddington Hospital Lagos. Wily old fox, wouldn't want to miss the action. He is even in crutches, never mind that, the resources of Oyo State must be 'equitably' distributed among the amala lovers.

The cream loving governor is quickly learning the rudiments of 'abula' politics.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by kollyp2000(m): 3:01pm On May 10, 2008
At times, it pains me when  I know I am from Ibadan cry, Oyo state politics is an eye-sore, and I am earnestly praying for revolution in Ibadan politics, starting from Baba at molete.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by otokx(m): 3:11pm On May 10, 2008
Its not just about "OYO" or "IBADAN"; nationwide the public treasury is being reappropriated into the politicians pockets and since we are all a materialistic bunch, there can only be one conclusion. We deserve the leaders that rule over us currently.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by morayo007(m): 3:14pm On May 10, 2008
i think its time for me too to become a lawmaker or senetor or even the president, pls all member of the house vote for me i want go take my own share oooo. grin grin
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by grandjedi(m): 5:37pm On May 10, 2008
CAN CORRUPTION BE TOTALLY ERADICATED BY HUMANITY?
METHINKS NO!!!
IT IS A UNIVERSAL PROBLEM.
BUT THE BRAND OF CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA IS MALIGNANTLY TOXIC
AND OYO STATE SEEMS TO CONTINUE SETTING THE PACE IN
CORRUPTION.
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT WHEN A LOCAL THUG GIVES ORDERS FROM
HIS PLATE OF AMALA TO HIS PUPPET "ALAKALA" - (IE BAD DREAM)?
WE CAN ONLY PRAY THAT THE MISRULE WILL SOON BE OVER.
ALSO LET ALL NIGERIANS BE HONEST AND FORTHRIGHT WHEREVER
WE FIND OURSELVES.
THE GOVERNMENT IN OYO STATE IS FROM THE dark side of the force,
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Kobojunkie: 6:01pm On May 10, 2008
Where is the EFCC, ICPC, Yar Adua and his Rule of law in this?? Is this legal?? On what grounds?? $200,000 each for what
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Eagle1(m): 9:35pm On May 10, 2008

Bros, na you get am pass. Welcome to the world of Alafin Molete, Tokyo and the ex-policeman.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Eagle1(m): 9:59pm On May 10, 2008

Bros na you get am pass. ALAKALA actually translates nightmare. Welcome to the world of Alafin of Molete, Tokyo and the gang.
Understand some traditional rulers are also benefitting from the appropriation. All hail our obas
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by MT: 11:33am On May 11, 2008
@All,

This issue is not funny. Akala is a disaster for Oyo State.

I pray God intervenes soon .
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Frizy(m): 2:33pm On May 11, 2008
It is really sad.20 wetin!
Why is it that these rulers don't consider the masses? I heard the price of a bag of rice is now about N10,000 due to recent cyclone. Can't Oyo state government subsidize the cost to N3,500 for its people if they have excesses? angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East / The First Female President In Nigeria. . . / Enuebe, The Tree Of Live And Death.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.