Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,837 members, 7,872,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:39 PM

Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 - Sports (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 (119353 Views)

Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Jarus(m): 9:52am On Jun 21, 2013
jp philips:

truth is; it is the strikers that Initiate counters not the coach,a fast paced striker will initiate a counter by default as soon as the opponent is dispossessed in his half.

what i think keshi is avoiding is a counter attack from the opposition in case our boys are dispossessed and his strategy is fair if i must say.
we can make our runs through the flanks and Ambrose overlap and perhaps Echiejile or so isn't bad. also, you must note that keshi positions players in the midfield who has the ability to make defense splitting passes (Mikel and Moses does it very well for eagles and recently ideye).

what is the point asking for a counter attack and leaving your back vulnerable to fast paced attackers (forlan, suarez and Cavani) when you can split the defense with a killer pass from your controlled midfield? same opportunity for the strikers to score (if you have one).

Spot kick is a natural talent, i doubt if one can be trained to do that, if you are lucky to put together a team where one person has the Ability, then your are good, if not you cant destabilize your team for a spot kick taker.

since the days of Okocha (who happens to be a lucky dube for spot kicks, grin) we haven't been that lucky anymore, even the so called big teams just manage with a few of them. our famous 94 squad hadn't a perfect one either, save for a few lucky ones.

Since Beckham and perhaps lucky lampard, England hadn't much, for over a decade, it was a Juninho and ronaldinho for a whole Brazilian team, rem. that it didn't stop scolari from dropping Dinho, when he dropped form.

most teams are like that, a 100capped pirlo does it so well for italy, whoelse? so at the exit of pirlo, no more for Italy, at least for now.
Most good teams in the world dont have spot kick takers except when they are lucky.
the truth is, there are a billion and one opportunities that can be created from skillful players, Spot kick is just a jara. i tell you what, if you have strikers that can bury any defense any day, you may not need good penalty takers.

Brilliant analysis.

Deadballs have never been our strenght, and there is hardly anything we can do about it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 21, 2013
oluwafemi113:

Why from bench ?
Is Musa your relative?

We don't need him finish

Next !!!!!!

Lol. . .
Don't forget he got your only 'skillful' goal against tough Kenya cheesy

Use Musa properly. . .and he would be a gem to the team.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 21, 2013
seyi360: Will love to massage those hot laps u got
lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by jpphilips(m): 10:04am On Jun 21, 2013
oluwafemi113:

Yes and never should he be call back in to the team

His energy and pace will do a lot of damage as a second half substitute.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by infofta(m): 10:11am On Jun 21, 2013
Musa is a good winger not finisher. He has good pace. Keshi needs quality strikers like Emenike. Such as Ik Uche, Kalu Uche,and Osazee. We have good midfielders and defenders. When you are playing against a good team you don't expect them not to score, your ability to also score is what matters.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by buchito1(m): 10:14am On Jun 21, 2013
bakynes:

Broda Mr Miracle is sleeping.At this point Nigeria can only Qualify by beating spain and expecting Uruguay to beat Tahiti with just few goals like 2-0,3-0 which is impossible.First,Nigeria can't beat spain and second,Uruguay will beat Tahiti wit a lot of goals so definitely we are out.But I see a future for this team under Keshi, all he needs is to call back a few prolific players like Martins,Osaze and d Uche brothers and the world shd watch out for Nigeria @ Brazil 2014 world cup.
I trust my God!!!! We wud qualify for dis confidration cup!
Faith is d key.... Only if nigerians cud have enough faith nd pray for dier country!!!! I wud fast for naija!!! Nd i believe my God wont forget us
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by jpphilips(m): 10:15am On Jun 21, 2013
why was Mba not pushed forward when the strikers went on strike?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Zonacom(m): 10:18am On Jun 21, 2013
Jarus:

Brilliant analysis.

Deadballs have never been our strenght, and there is hardly anything we can do about it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Zonacom(m): 10:21am On Jun 21, 2013
Jarus:

Brilliant analysis.

Jarus pls post ur normal player ratings.
The super eagles lost but somehow i'm happy with their performance. Echiejile and ambrose did very well, they were very composed and overlap when needed.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by cman77(m): 10:21am On Jun 21, 2013
D reason y nig has struggled to score or perhaps put up a draw in d qualifiers is because keshi keeps invitin 'dead strikers' like ideye.d fact dat sm1 is a top scorer in his club doesn't translate smtimes dat u will do well in d natl team.4 example,u will rememba makinwa of palermo in italy who neva had an impressive perfrmance wif d SE.luck smtimes plays a role.ideye has bin tryd several tymns nd he is a bigtime flop.if we r to defeat spain(which is possible)we must do away wif dos ideye,babatunde,akpala.I hope oduamadi recovers soon,cos u don't have 5 goalscorin chances as a striker and miss all.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Jarus(m): 10:22am On Jun 21, 2013
Zona.com:

Jarus pls post ur normal player ratings.
The super eagles lost but somehow i'm happy with their performance. Echiejile and ambrose did very well, they were very composed and overlap when needed.

Posted already. Expecting Supermod to put in fp.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Zonacom(m): 10:25am On Jun 21, 2013
jp philips: why was Mba not pushed forward when the strikers went on strike?
Dont worry, mba scores on sundays for the SE. Cant wait to watch the match against spain, though we might not qualify for the semis, but i want to see a beautiful game from our boys come sunday. This team seem to play better against difficult opponents.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by caprini: 10:26am On Jun 21, 2013
Ajibel: So Enyeama is Nigeria's new villain Enyeama stays, what we need nau is prolific goal-unfearing strikers to make SE the team to beat!

Pls what is hard in a keeper that has been on a team,longer than his mates ,organising,them,haba! he is there laughing with forlan.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by onokings(m): 10:28am On Jun 21, 2013
Our problem lies with our strikers, no good striker on d field yesday. Spain &Uruguay was tipped to qualify from group B. We could have cursed an upset if only we had our Afcon squad complete. Four of our best players was injured including Moses. So this is the best we can do with what's left.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by texaco1: 10:30am On Jun 21, 2013
jp philips: why was Mba not pushed forward when the strikers went on strike?
see nairaland technical adviser.smh
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Zonacom(m): 10:35am On Jun 21, 2013
info.fta:
Musa is a good winger not finisher. He has good pace. Keshi needs quality strikers like Emenike. Such as Ik Uche, Kalu Uche,and Osazee. We have good midfielders and defenders. When you are playing against a good team you don't expect them not to score, your ability to also score is what matters.
emenike is injured na, same with kalu uche i think. About osaze, not now yet. There is this understanding in the team that i'm afraid players like osaze could scatter
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by caprini: 10:35am On Jun 21, 2013
cman77: D reason y nig has struggled to score or perhaps put up a draw in d qualifiers is because keshi keeps invitin 'dead strikers' like ideye.d fact dat sm1 is a top scorer in his club doesn't translate smtimes dat u will do well in d natl team.4 example,u will rememba makinwa of palermo in italy who neva had an impressive perfrmance wif d SE.luck smtimes plays a role.ideye has bin tryd several tymns nd he is a bigtime flop.if we r to defeat spain(which is possible)we must do away wif dos ideye,babatunde,akpala.I hope oduamadi recovers soon,cos u don't have 5 goalscorin chances as a striker and miss all.

It took a lot of patience for Emenike to start scoring consistently for the SE.Rememberr he has been struggling since Siasia,s era.The boys and their coaches read nairaland forums,and am sure they take notice of all our comments for improvements.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by trolling(m): 10:36am On Jun 21, 2013
Nomski0:
??
#confused
email me make I clarify am..
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by achi4u(m): 10:38am On Jun 21, 2013
hahahaha people still dey comments for this thread?? lets go to drawing board and plan hw to unstage Spain.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by texaco1: 10:45am On Jun 21, 2013
achi4u: lets go to drawing board and plan hw to unstage Spain.

that is keshi 's job not ours

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Kizuba: 10:48am On Jun 21, 2013
winkI tot keshi said he was "relaxed" for the Uruguay Match? well obviously that didnt work he shd try something else against spain, maybe declare war or something wink
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by buchito1(m): 10:51am On Jun 21, 2013
Na only Baba God go punish spain nd uraguy!!!!
Bt wat am sure wit my heart nd soul is dat dey wont win us!!!! Amen!
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by jpphilips(m): 11:40am On Jun 21, 2013
cman77: D reason y nig has struggled to score or perhaps put up a draw in d qualifiers is because keshi keeps invitin 'dead strikers' like ideye.d fact dat sm1 is a top scorer in his club doesn't translate smtimes dat u will do well in d natl team.4 example,u will rememba makinwa of palermo in italy who neva had an impressive perfrmance wif d SE.luck smtimes plays a role.ideye has bin tryd several tymns nd he is a bigtime flop.if we r to defeat spain(which is possible)we must do away wif dos ideye,babatunde,akpala.I hope oduamadi recovers soon,cos u don't have 5 goalscorin chances as a striker and miss all.

As a coach, if you were to choose between strikers at club performance level and some obscure name that has never scored a goal which will you choose?
ideye did very well at club level and it is commonsensical to give him a chance to replicate it at a National level, however, one can only hope that luck will smile on him in big games like these.
Keshi has done no wrong with his ideye's choice, i cant say for the other two clowns though.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by jpphilips(m): 11:44am On Jun 21, 2013
Zona.com:

Dont worry, mba scores on sundays for the SE. Cant wait to watch the match against spain, though we might not qualify for the semis, but i want to see a beautiful game from our boys come sunday. This team seem to play better against difficult opponents.

if and only if Spain the euro and world champion is anywhere close to the Ivorian rating.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by BuffetGame: 11:50am On Jun 21, 2013
texaco1:
how the hell will this make ahmed musa score against spain

Nigeria-Spain game is on Sunday but The Buffet Game is on now! LOL

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by jpphilips(m): 11:51am On Jun 21, 2013
texaco1:
see nairaland technical adviser.smh

before your head falls off, Mikel was able to score a goal as a midfielder because he pushed forward, when Mba came in, the game had a drive, I sincerely believe Mba could have made a difference upfront with Akpala on Vacation.
even if he pushes intermittently.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by fujirice: 12:01pm On Jun 21, 2013
It was not totally a bad game for Nigeria jst a lil' deffensive error is what made the difference. By the way, that Uruguay team overhyped jor! And to think that they have to wait for slip in our deffence to score leaves one to wonder how those guys became the most deadly attacks in the world!
Even though we lost but I was happy with our performance.there is hope for this super eagles team. With the inclusion of focused and dedicated strikers I think we will be a force to reckon with in world football.
God bleess the super eagles quest for glory!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by scarletdp(m): 12:19pm On Jun 21, 2013
who r all ds clowns saying/ praying we'll qualify, you think other teams don't pray, abi na simple maths una no sabi, well lemme break it down, spain's goal diff is 11 goals, uruguay's 0 and naija's 4 so to qualify without caring what uruguay plays we need to beat Spain 4-- 0 so dia goal diff becomes 7 and ours becomes 8, but anythin below 4-0 den for instance 1-0 den we'll hv to care about what uruguay plays so hoping dey don't hammer thahiti 6-0 coz den our goal diff will be 5 n dia's 6, but with that kind shot only forlan fit score d 6 for first half sef, well well after every every do you still think naija will qualify,
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by buchito1(m): 12:42pm On Jun 21, 2013
texaco1:
how the hell will this make ahmed musa score against spain
Rotf!!! Lmaoooo!
My own be say we go win dat match!!!!!!! Amen!

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (Reply)

Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) / Cristiano Ronaldo Undergoing Medicals At Juventus (Photos) / Scene Of The Accident That Killed Ifeanyi George (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.