Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,587 members, 7,881,993 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:18 PM

**ee - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / **ee (18619 Views)

How To Cope With A Spouse That Steals From You / Your Wife Or Your Extended Family / How To Deal With A Maid That Steals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: **ee by badoist(m): 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2013
jennykadry:

Child and parent.....,husband and wife are two different scenarios. I don't get the logic behind you comparing these two.

Also, can you please type in full English. People like me struggle to read your post

And what is the difference?
Re: **ee by dayokanu(m): 3:58pm On Jun 14, 2013
babyosisi:
It is you that is a thief!!

Please you folks should stop using the word steal
I am getting upset
A wife can never never steal from her husband
The word steal does not even come near inside matrimony
No labels please

Can a husband steal from the wife. If you have an account and he clears it out or jewelleries at home and the husband comes home packs it and flees.

What do you call that

3 Likes

Re: **ee by dayokanu(m): 4:01pm On Jun 14, 2013
jennykadry:

Child and parent.....,husband and wife are two different scenarios. I don't get the logic behind you comparing these two.

Also, can you please type in full English. People like me struggle to read your post

Stealing is taking what does not belong to you regardless of the relationship

Two identical twins with same DNA can steal from each other, child can steal from father, Jonathan can steal from Nigeria despite the fact that the wealth is also his being a Nigerian.

If the husband packs her jewelries or empties her account to go do anything he wishes is that also Okay?

4 Likes

Re: **ee by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
badoist:

Their roles are different. Google definition of husband and child. You will get a better explanation.
Re: **ee by badoist(m): 4:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
jennykadry:
Their roles are different. Google definition of husband and child. You will get a better explanation.

Goggle defination of stealing nd u'll understand beta, tell me if dia is an exemption 4 husbands and wife. No qualms!

5 Likes

Re: **ee by badoist(m): 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2013
jennykadry:

Quoted the wrong post
Re: **ee by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
badoist:
Goggle defination of stealing nd u'll understand beta, tell me if dia is an exemption 4 husbands or wife. No qualms!

Replying with similar line like mine shows that you haven't got enough reasons to justify your post. Like I said, google and come back to me
Re: **ee by badoist(m): 4:14pm On Jun 14, 2013
dayokanu:

Stealing is taking what does not belong to you regardless of the relationship

Two identical twins with same DNA can steal from each other, child can steal from father, Jonathan can steal from Nigeria despite the fact that the wealth is also his being a Nigerian.

If the husband packs her jewelries or empties her account to go do anything he wishes is that also Okay?

†нªηкs! Exactly my point

1 Like

Re: **ee by badoist(m): 4:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
jennykadry:

Replying with similar line like mine shows that you haven't got enough reasons to justify your post. Like I said, google and come back to me

Naw u getting confused, gave it back to you, d same way u did rply me

4 Likes

Re: **ee by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
jmoore: Why not tell your husband that you removed money? That's the problem. Why the silent? eh

Lying about taking money is the problem.
Re: **ee by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2013
badoist:

Naw u getting confused, gave it back to you, d same way u did rply me

I am serious. When you are ready to give me solid reasons to back up your post, until you do all that, please stay away
Re: **ee by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2013
dayokanu: Does your wife not work.

What did she use the money for

Are there some people she has to pay for personal services rendered Like a younger guy or is someone blackmailing her that she needs more and more money?

How can you be living in your own house and still be checking your wallet before you leave home to see if your wife has struck again.

If you say nothing is wrong with this maybe until you go to a filling station buy fuel and put hand in pocket to pay and find it empty or some goods that can't be returned. How would such wife teach the children not to steal when she does the same

I suspect she is a full time housewife let her get something to do and make her own money so she can have a separate account for her needs after the house joint expenses
My dear,thank u for this sensible post.what is she doin with money that her allowance is not ever enof for her?
Get her busy, man! What she is doin is verrrrrrry verrrry wrong!
And lying about it,gosh!
Small things marr marriage u know and we shouldn't give room to such.
Hubby don't like it and she should stop.let's not sweet talk it down and she really need to do something abt that lyin thing. She want to lose d trust of her hubby?
Infact,this sucks!

3 Likes

Re: **ee by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 14, 2013
I will take it and I will make heaven
My name is already dia in the lambs book of life
Nothing you people say hia will delete it cheesy
Re: **ee by badoist(m): 4:35pm On Jun 14, 2013
jennykadry:

I am serious. When ou are ready to give me solid reasons to back up your post, until you do all that, please stay away

Outta respect 4 u and maturity av decided to ignore u, waiting 4 justice 2b served!

1 Like

Re: **ee by jokepearl(f): 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2013
Steal:

To take (the property of another) without right or permission.
Re: **ee by Omobarca: 4:55pm On Jun 14, 2013
Jennykadry grin calm down na
Re: **ee by SisiKill1: 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2013
tabletop: This topic is interesting,for D̶̲̥̅̊ past two weeks my consience has been disturbing me. I do same to my husband he wants me to sit home ɑ̤̥̈̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ do nothing we Ђ̥̊α̲̅√ع quarrel over this issue of making me a house wife. Gives me 70 for D̶̲̥̅̊ everything, monthly I keep complaining of H̶̲̥̅̊♡̷̴̬̩̃̊w̶̲̥̅̊ things are skyrocketing I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ market. So what I do is to be removing like #500 or #1000, Iτ̲̅ depends but I can't kill myself or prostitude.
tabletop: Baby,you are too much. If you see where he orders for cowleg, chicken stew even when I complain †̥ђɑ̤̥̈̊†̥ my baby diaper or their golden morn is finished or †̥ђɑ̤̥̈̊†̥ yam ɑ̤̥̈̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ garri Ђ̥̊α̲̅√ increase he dosent want to know. I can't even send a dime to my parents, ɑ̤̥̈̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ once you touch his money he knows, he was asking me yesterday, I said I don't know ooooh, because he wil make trouble if I tell him D̶̲̥̅̊ truth. At least I was able to recharge my phone buy my kids juice, bananna without thinking dat if I touch D̶̲̥̅̊ house keep money I wil be adding ɑ̤̥̈̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ subracting, I want to stop but if I do Iτ̲̅ wouldn't be easy on me

Isn't there something you can do on the side for income? What happens should your husband decide to withhold the allowance he gives you because you have offended him one way or the other?!!

Look at OP now, he is thinking withholding allowance from his wife because she takes money from him...yep, the best way to stop someone from taking money is stop giving them money. They will be so overwhelmed with the abundance coming their way, they'll stop.

@ Topic
While I understand the whole he is her husband she has a right to it side, I think it is just common courtesy to inform someone you have taken something that belongs to them. There's nothing quite maddening than not finding something where you left it (I flip with ordinary things like not finding the remote on the ottoman....especially after getting comfy on the chair not to talk of money). Taking the money without telling is bad enough, keeping quiet when someone else is being accused of the crime is even worse. Not cool at all!! angry angry

On the hand, If OP can tell us right off the bat that he is about to cut her allowance, once can only imagine how many times he's hung that threat over her head. The poor thing might be saving for the day he decides "No more Money for you"

Anyhoo, all that aside...Husband, if you don't think you can cover all the expenses she has why not let her get a job?

4 Likes

Re: **ee by MMotimo: 5:22pm On Jun 14, 2013
I say this with some reluctance because I hate to pokenose into people's affairs but - If youstay home, you should have direct, unrestrained access to the bank accounts. I don't think it's a good idea not to. If you are a spendthrift or have trouble managing money and that is the reason you don't have the access, then you need to work on your money management skills. Money easily becomes a weapon of control in the hands of a controlling character

tabletop: This topic is interesting,for D̶̲̥̅̊ past two weeks my consience has been disturbing me. I do same to my husband he wants me to sit home ɑ̤̥̈̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ do nothing we Ђ̥̊α̲̅√ع quarrel over this issue of making me a house wife. Gives me 70 for D̶̲̥̅̊ everything, monthly I keep complaining of H̶̲̥̅̊♡̷̴̬̩̃̊w̶̲̥̅̊ things are skyrocketing I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ market. So what I do is to be removing like #500 or #1000, Iτ̲̅ depends but I can't kill myself or prostitude.

1 Like

Re: **ee by dayokanu(m): 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2013

Dont you think its time to revisit his "Sit at home dont work rule"?

I think if a woman should be forced against her will to sit at home and do nothing earn no income then she should demand an allowance commensurate with what she is missing by not working [minus house upkeep ones} for her own personal use

How would you be going to the man that you want to send money to your parents, you want to buy pad, make up, even chewing gum and he would be tongue lashing you

To each his/her own sha. if it works for you no wahala

2 Likes

Re: **ee by coogar: 5:24pm On Jun 14, 2013
how does one deal with a kleptomaniac wife? if she has access to N50,000 and she still steals from her hubby's wallet then she needs to see a shrink!

she's not mentally- balanced!
Re: **ee by MMotimo: 5:27pm On Jun 14, 2013
grin grin grin This is a balanced dayokanu I see here

I like this, it recognizes that the staying home thing can and should be a joint decision, it's not one party embracing the option while the other opposes

dayokanu:

Dont you think its time to revisit his "Sit at home dont work rule"?

I think if a woman should be forced against her will to sit at home and do nothing earn no income then she should demand an allowance minus house upkeep ones for her own personal use

How would you be going to the man that you want to send money to your parents, you want to buy pad, make up, even chewing gum and he would be tongue lashing you

To each his/her own sha. if it works for you no wahala

1 Like

Re: **ee by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
coogar: how does one deal with a kleptomaniac wife? if she has access to N50,000 and she still steals from her hubby's wallet then she needs to see a shrink!

she's not mentally- balanced!
Maybe that is what she is! She needs help seriously!
Re: **ee by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 14, 2013
Like many have said, I'm sorry, this one is more than just a wife taking small change here and there from her husband. This is stealing.
She knew you cut your sister's allowance because you thought she was the one stealing your money and she didn't say anything about it. If it didn't happen the way it did recently, you would still be thinking it was someone else doing it. I don't know what the underlying issue is that's making her behave this way but it's highly disturbing.

1 Like

Re: **ee by horny4u(f): 7:29pm On Jun 14, 2013
badoist:

2 will come together to become one that is the difference. Marriage is a covenant not a me or you contract.

E ma gbami how much is 50K in today's economic climate....they will prefer she gets a sugar daddy or what

Establish and empower this woman for goodness sake how can an adult's destiny be so tied down....the one I do not approve of is that she watched while someone else was being accused and that in my books is wickedness but it also shows the level of intimcy ( in-to-me-see) in this marriage....how much of eachother they reveal to the other person.

Men who ask thier wives to become housewife ( not that poster said this) should not bother sending their daughters to school....kids learn by example and copy thier mothers more....so recognise that your daughter will be cool with being a house wife too what comes around.......goes around.

1 Like

Re: **ee by Fejok01(f): 7:29pm On Jun 14, 2013
It is stealing.Taking your husband's money without telling him while watching him accusing another person is sheer wickedness.I'm sure she didn't just develop this habit,she's probably been doing it for long. @op,please be patient with her and speak to her seriously but lovingly.Tell her how much its hurting you and breaking your trust in her.Above all these,keep praying for her.

1 Like

Re: **ee by dayokanu(m): 7:45pm On Jun 14, 2013
horny4u:
Men who ask thier wives to become housewife ( not that poster said this) should not bother sending their daughters to school....kids learn by example and copy thier mothers more....so recognise that your daughter will be cool with being a house wife too what comes around.......goes around.

Thats good and also goes to women who want to be housewifes
Re: **ee by baby124: 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2013
This story is a bit shameful. So she was there when you were accusing your sister and she said nothing. Omo, na wa o. What is the big deal? I think this is a habit of hers. Some people cant see other's wallets and not itch for it. Doesnt matter who it is. There is no big deal in her taking it and telling you. But keeping quiet when you are looking for the money, and allowing you to accuse someone else is strange. Your woman has some problems that need to be addressed before she does it outside. You need to talk to her about honesty with money especially. omo, na wa o. Shey edi ni, or you are a very tough person and everyone is afraid of you? Still shocked, cant comprehend.

1 Like

Re: **ee by hectortex: 9:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
Its been interesting reading all the comments here. But then I might need to clarify some things;
I am not stingy in any ramification of the word
I am not tough on money issues, I am a spendthrift so I absolutely understand when someone is a lil extravagant with allowances.
My wife is not a housewife cos she aint done with school yet. she s on IT.
And when I said there was money in the house, I mean money she had complete access to spend as she deems fit.

What I do not understand is the lie; not accepting that she took it when she knew very well I would take her word for it and beam my searchlights elsewhere.
I just do not understand the purpose and its obvious no one here knows. so I guess I would just have to ask her.

1 Like

Re: **ee by slimyem: 9:27pm On Jun 14, 2013
babyosisi: I will take it and I will make heaven
My name is already dia in the lambs book of life
Nothing you people say hia will delete it cheesy

You are a case! cool
Re: **ee by spoilt(f): 9:43pm On Jun 14, 2013
Pull the plug on her allowances ke?mind yaself!

1 Like

Re: **ee by dBard: 2:03am On Jun 16, 2013
chaircover: Its wrong.

Its wrong because someone else has been accused of taking the money, which isnt fair
Its wrong because she knows that the hubby is always looking for his money
Its wrong because she has access to money. The poster said there was a 50k in the room
Its wrong because her husband doesn't like it
its wrong because they dont have that kind of relationship

@poster you need to sit your wife down and ask her why she does it. it could well be that her allowance is not enough, or you keep on asking her to account for everything she spends (some men do and think they know prices of items in the market more than their wives)

Do you give her a free hand with money?

Why do you threaten to cut her allowance? what will that achieve? More "stealing" I would have thought. Have you also considered that she may be taking the money to save for a rainy day since you seem to like to threaten that you will cut allowances.

There is a difference between having access to ones husbands money and a difference between having free use of the money. if she is going to have to account for every penny she spends, then you havent really given her the money if you get what I mean.

Anyhow have a chat with her and encourage her to open up to you as to why she is doing this. Who knows she might be thinking that you squander money away too much and she is "saving" the money for a rainy day. Ask her sha she may or may not come up with a reason that will really surprise you.

U madam never ceases t impress. I concur
Re: **ee by maclatunji: 5:48pm On Jun 16, 2013
hectortex:

that s exactly what am trying to figure out. dont know why she does it knoking someone else might take the fall for it?

as per banks, its just the way am wired

Make it clear to her that you do not approve of her action. Then be patient with her as she eases the temptation to pilfer out of her system.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

An Open Letter To My Co-Tenant By A Nairalander / What Do You Do To A Father Who Batters And HumiliatesYour Mum In Front Of You? / Is Marriage An Achievement?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.