Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,369 members, 7,964,494 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 02:48 PM

Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees (23860 Views)

Students Still Learn Under Trees In Enugu State / Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? / 21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by 1shortblackboy: 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2013
anonimi:

And here I was listening and trying to believe all the stories and threads showing Fashola is EXCEPTIONAL and the Association of Conmen in Nigeria, ACN is PROGRESSIVE.
Is it that we have been sold DUMMIES all along, ACN's Lagos after 14 years continuous, unbroken "excellent" administration is just "as bad as other parts of Nigeria"
Good to note!!!

ur heared!
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 14, 2013
And Tinubu and his men were seen eating chicken and drinking beer during the graduation ceremony of one of his daughters in far away america. Poverty ! E no go better for you!!! If you are not earning up to 100k a month in Nigeria,please don't marry,if you must, don't make babies. Poverty dey wicked pass death!!!
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Longeria(m): 5:06pm On Jun 14, 2013
I just hate this party called acn, because I hate pretenders which they are, they are always quick to point out PDP's short comings as if they are perfect.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by nairalforlaughs: 5:06pm On Jun 14, 2013
payless: There is no part of Nigeria where we don't have delapidated schools. What I can say is that; there are better schools in Lagos and Akwa Ibom [/b]than anywhere in Nigeria.

...and[b] RIVERS STATE

1 Like

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by anonimi: 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2013
nairalforlaughs:

...and[b] RIVERS STATE[/b]

i.e two states with PDP governors as against one with ACN.
Can we add Cross River as it had Donald Duke for 8 years whom I heard did well also or should we skip

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by rozayx5(m): 5:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
Why wont they sit on the ground

are they paying toll at the school gate grin grin grin

by the way see Schools in Akwa Ibom shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by kstyle2(m): 5:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
Y do our leaders do dis 2 us? These r d leaders of 2mrw. Hw can som1 learn unda these conditions? Baba God abeg remember ur pple.*one day. One day....in eldee's voice*

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by ujoinme: 5:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
WHERE ARE THE ACN LAPTOP DOGS EKO OLE AND CO PLS COME AND SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS THREAD OR ARE YOU TRYING TO AVOID IT?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Makapounse(m): 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2013
Tell baby_123 and co., to stop defending what is not , fashola is very callous but pretend to be good , all in the name of FREE education and no proper facilities in most govt schools
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Omexonomy: 5:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
Akanbi_edu:

Lagos should implement a policy that allows school fees difference between Lagos indigenes, Lagos residents and foreign students.

Lagos should not be suffering for non-performannce elsewhere.
exactly my suggestion on another tread i.e indigenes should pay lesser in lasu. Lo and behold i recived great insult from ACN e-tout Gbawe, garrix7, take dat, demdemmoron, emmysinior, texas cowgirl and their fellow evil minions in this forum.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by premlove(m): 5:14pm On Jun 14, 2013
payless:

Tell me your state so I can upload pictures as worse as that of Lagos State. Generally, public schools are in bad shape in every part of Nigeria.

Below is a video of delapidated schools in Anambra:

https://www.nairaland.com/1173644/horrible-state-public-schools-anambra
u are no normal at all ur stupid governor cannot provide a better education for her citizen and u are here defending him what kind of human being are: i wounder the kind of parent that give birth to you

1 Like

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 14, 2013
automaticcarzz: Schools are like that in every part of Nigeria. What stops parents from buying furniture for their kids to use in their classrooms. Government cannot do everything alone. In the U.S, rich individuals contribute money to fund schools. Rich individuals don't care in Nigeria.
you are 1oo percent right but first we have to deal with the nigerian mind whichis inherently corrupt.if you want to know whether the average nigerian is inherently corrupt,give him small power.eg the police wearing uniforms,lastma,vio's,local government officials etc.

even when rich individuals contribute money to develop the school,the school administrators will embezzle it.ill give an example.there is a university in the south west,(name of university witheld) that if you see the hostels,you will weep for the gross decay in the educational sector.i cant finish explaining everything but the summary is that that hostel is a big eye sore ntt fit for human beings to live there.can you believe that rich individuals,including state government contributed money to that university.the hall admnistrator administering that hall or in charge of that hall,who was meant to renovate the halls just created only bore hole there and abandoned the rest of the places that needs renovations.the next month he bought a new jeep.this same man i am referring to,all his kids are in carlifornian universities.

So really i feel sad for this kids but we ourselves are our greatest enemy,not external forces

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by kreamidiva(f): 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
Eehhya! My heart bleeds for these ones. They have the zeal to study against all odds. That's something. Most of their parents may not afford seats so let the government come to their aid.these ones are the future of Nigeria. @ OP,can we make contributions?lemme know.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by mekano1980: 5:19pm On Jun 14, 2013
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by ubest1(m): 5:19pm On Jun 14, 2013
APC the noise making party plz travel to PDP state in south-south like Rivers,Cross-River, Akwa-Ibom etc and see what it mean to govern a state & provide necessity include sch. bunch of criminal who cannot save their south west region but dreaming to use south-south oil money to make naija paradise

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Delafruita(m): 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
austinkenneth:

What we can see in the pic is not acceptable.

The non-indigenes pay taxes, tenement rates, land charges etc. which the government happily pockets - N23 bn as at June last year and still rising. http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/06/18/our-igr-now-n23b-monthly-fashola/

The non-indigenes contribute much more to the economy of Lagos than the indigenes. They help keep Lagos's economy healthy.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.
you people from the other side of the niger just keep lamenting that you are the ones that make lagos what it is.what tax do these igbo businesses in lagos pay sef?e pass the ticket wey local government dey give them?most of the shops in alaba pay only the levy from government which is 500naira yearly.most of the other levies they pay are to their market association for things like security,task force and the likes.how many of these igbo businessmen in alaba or ladipo have tax clearance?how many of their businesses even have TIN number?the highest supplier of tax to the state government is the lagos state civil service and thats because the government removes the tax from source.and since the government employs them and pays them,it has every right to tax them.

the next person that opines that non-indigenes pay more tax than indigenes had better be armed with something more than just words

@topic
the situation is despicable however,thats not to say the lagos state government hasnt done a lot for education.it simply means they should do more.unfortunately the lagos situation is peculiar.there are over 4million children of school age in lagos and seeing as the government decided to make education free in both primary and secondary schools,the government doesnt generate any revenues from the schools so it has to give out school contracts like it would give our road contracts and this is subject to availability of funds.they have done a lot and governance is all about continuity.the next governor(hopefully from APC) will continue from where fashola will stop

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by everyday: 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
This is an embarrassment.Fashola please do something quick
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Lifebender(m): 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
Mtchwww....hu cares.lets go boys
2*1=2
2*2=4
2*3=10
ehnn.....cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by zhirinmai(m): 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
Hey, abeg no use lagos do frnt page. U will find schools like dis in every state in 9ja. NML

1 Like

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by theripper: 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
Huh, and EKO-ile and his koinonia of kiss-butts didn't show us dis.? Until Eko-ile gives credence to the story, I am not believing.

I almost thought this was Gwarzo local government in Kano.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Celepope: 5:21pm On Jun 14, 2013
Labaran Maku has said it all that at the right time the FG will expose them that they are doing nothing in Lagos and hiding under federal Govt projects and showing us buildings of private individuals and foreign Multi-national buildings as if that has any relationship with Lagos state Government development.When it was said that Akpabs is the best Governor in Nigeria some scumbags that has never gone beyond Ojodu Berger i.e Eko Ile,Gbawe,Eko Atlantic and Ugly and body odoured Texas cowgoat(better not respond if not i will expose you cause i know you very well one on one) came here calling him names all in other to force Fashola as the best Governor in Nigeria.Time will tell.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Delafruita(m): 5:24pm On Jun 14, 2013
Makapounse: Tell baby_123 and co., to stop defending what is not , fashola is very callous but pretend to be good , all in the name of FREE education and no proper facilities in most govt schools
shut up.do you know how many millenium schools have been built by this administration?ddo you know how many technical schools have been built?do you think all the schools will get fixed in 6years?i admit there' more work to be done,but we have to admit the fashola administration has done a lot for the educational sector especially under the commissionership of madam sosan.and they will certainly do more
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 14, 2013
zhirinmai: Hey, abeg no use lagos do frnt page. U will find schools like dis in every state in 9ja. NML

That is exactly my points but these SE invaders began to point fingers at Lagos. Generally, there are dilapidated schools in all parts of Nigeria. There are more bad schools in SE than SW. I have the pictures to prove it. I hope they don't continue this nonsense of pointing finger.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Delafruita(m): 5:24pm On Jun 14, 2013
Cele-pope:
Labaran Maku has said it all that at the right time the FG will expose them that they are doing nothing in Lagos and hiding under federal Govt projects and showing us buildings of private individuals and foreign Multi-national buildings as if that has any relationship with Lagos state Government development.When it was said that Akpabs is the best Governor in Nigeria some scumbags that has never gone beyond Ojodu Berger i.e Eko Ile,Gbawe,Eko Atlantic and Ugly and body odoured Texas cowgoat(better not respond if not i will expose you cause i know you very well one on one) came here calling him names all in other to force Fashola as the best Governor in Nigeria.Time will tell.
you need both medical and spiritual help
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by obailala(m): 5:24pm On Jun 14, 2013
Akanbi_edu:

Lagos should implement a policy that allows school fees difference between Lagos indigenes, Lagos residents and foreign students.

Lagos should not be suffering for non-performannce elsewhere.
Before u advocate for a killer policy like this, the first question should be "who is an indigene and who is not?"
A man who has lived and worked and paid all his taxes to Lagos state will be asked to pay higher fees for his kids because he's from Ondo state?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Delafruita(m): 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2013
rozayx5: Schools in Akwa Ibom shocked shocked shocked
the population of the entire akwa-ibom isnt up to the population of children of primary school age in lagos

1 Like

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by 25omega(m): 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2013
That is so fauqed up. I remember when i was growing up the school used to have us pay for the chairs and desks in the classroom. why don't they do that anymore?

If i ever win the lottery i will furnish the school i went to in Festac town because im sure their classroom looks like those pictures also
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by baby124: 5:27pm On Jun 14, 2013
Makapounse: Tell baby_123 and co., to stop defending what is not , fashola is very callous but pretend to be good , all in the name of FREE education and no proper facilities in most govt schools

Fvck you very much. Who is defending anything? Lagos simply cant cater to the needs of other states. It is easier for people to flood Lagos with their battalion of kids if they know school fees is one less worry.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by gramci: 5:27pm On Jun 14, 2013
ujoinme: WHERE ARE THE ACN LAPTOP DOGS EKO OLE AND CO PLS COME AND SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS THREAD OR ARE YOU TRYING TO AVOID IT?

Don't take those touts serious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari’s Bodyguards And Police Set To Clash In Abuja / Unclaimed $45m: We Need To Examine Wike’s Mental Status – Peterside / EFCC: Female Minister Laundered $37 Million Through Property Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.