Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,827 members, 7,930,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 10:12 AM

Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees (23814 Views)

Students Still Learn Under Trees In Enugu State / Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? / 21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by kutchs: 6:32pm On Jun 14, 2013
payless:

I never defended Fashola in anyway. Your kinsmen are always interested in pointing fingers, whereas there are bad school condition in their abode. Show me where I have defended Fashola. The point is that; I tried to show those who are criticizing the schools in Lagos as if Lagos is the only place where bad schools exist. I have pictures of bad schools from all parts of Nigeria saved here.
I read all the comments b4 urs and I didn‘t see where anyone said or implied that situations like this don‘t exist in other states, what I saw rather is an exposition of ur (plural) hypocrisy. Public forums are innudated daily with news and reports of how excellently Lagos and other ACN controlled states are working when so many things in reality have not been sorted out.

Moral of the story? Don‘t claim to be the best to someone who doesnt know you cos oneday someone who knows you may expose you.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by fuke(m): 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2013
Omexonomy: All those schools you mention are even better come to tolu complex in ajegunle you will shed tears for student and their teachers. Their is serious Shortage of chairs and table for student, teachers and vice principal.

Nonsense.
I was in UI the other day.
In a Botany Class there were more students outside than inside the hall.
They did not even have trees to stay under.

Now that is the premier institution here.

Educational sector is in crisis.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 14, 2013
1 shortblackboy: ur heared!
pardon?
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by 3ace(m): 6:44pm On Jun 14, 2013
ATM-CARD:
.They shld b hapi they r inside class rum.Wat will u say abt theselooooool
This is really pathetic. I bet those children can never understand anything with the sun sunbathing them like this. My church recently plastered our auditorium floor with tiles hence, we had to hold our service outside. Omo, come see as everybody dey roast. I no sure say anybody listen to pastor's sermon that day.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Sike(m): 6:47pm On Jun 14, 2013
Na today.....
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2013
Delafruita:
you need both medical and spiritual help
lie lie!
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by kellykoko(m): 6:59pm On Jun 14, 2013
payless:

Tell me your state so I can upload pictures as worse as that of Lagos State. Generally, public schools are in bad shape in every part of Nigeria.

Below is a video of dilapidated schools in Anambra:

https://www.nairaland.com/1173644/horrible-state-public-schools-anambra

Mr. Man, i challenge you to upload a pic of any primary school that is in ruinous & dilapidated state in Rivers state. your comment to the effect that the rot in infrastruture in primary schools cut across all states in the federation is a gross misinformation. Come to Rivers state and you'll see pupils learning in a cozy five star classrooms that is befitting for the transmission of knowlege.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 14, 2013
payless:

Why don't you move to Awka, Owerri, Onitsha or Abakalaki if Lagos was as bad as you described?
Abakaliki rather*
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
Cele-pope:
Labaran Maku has said it all that at the right time the FG will expose them that they are doing nothing in Lagos and hiding under federal Govt projects and showing us buildings of private individuals and foreign Multi-national buildings as if that has any relationship with Lagos state Government development.When it was said that Akpabs is the best Governor in Nigeria some scumbags that has never gone beyond Ojodu Berger i.e Eko Ile,Gbawe,Eko Atlantic and [b]Ugly and body odoured Texas cowgoat(better not respond if not i will expose you cause i know you very well one on one)[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] came here calling him names all in other to force Fashola as the best Governor in Nigeria.Time will tell.[/b]

buhahahahahahahah......this is funny as heck! Most naija girls have body odor bro....they don't wash properly.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by anonimi: 7:11pm On Jun 14, 2013
kulyie:
even when rich individuals contribute money to develop the school,the school administrators will embezzle it.ill give an example.there is a university in the south west,(name of university witheld) that if you see the hostels,you will weep for the gross decay in the educational sector.i cant finish explaining everything but the summary is that that hostel is a big eye sore ntt fit for human beings to live there.can you believe that rich individuals,including state government contributed money to that university.the hall admnistrator administering that hall or in charge of that hall,who was meant to renovate the halls just created only bore hole there and abandoned the rest of the places that needs renovations.the next month he bought a new jeep.this same man i am referring to,all his kids are in carlifornian universities.

Those who contributed money have a share of the blame also. They could have donated into a fund based on a specific refurbishing or new project they have identified and award competitive contract. They can then schedule a date to launch the completed project with the names of ALL donors on some scroll in the building.
I have also heard people complain about hospital equipment they donated developing legs and disappearing. Simple. Repaint walls and fix broken cement floors for example.

I agree it is tough but part of it also is that workers are poorly paid compared to political jobbers who go to the smae market and still flaunt their wealth at every opportunity thus making corruption very attractive.

Overall, where there is a will to do things right, there is always a way- paraphrasing Bob Marley
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by thelastPope(m): 7:23pm On Jun 14, 2013
kelly koko:

Mr. Man, i challenge you to upload a pic of any primary school that is in ruinous & dilapidated state in Rivers state. your comment to the effect that the rot in infrastruture in primary schools cut across all states in the federation is a gross misinformation. Come to Rivers state and you'll see pupils learning in a cozy five star classrooms that is befitting for the transmission of knowlege.

Don't mind the yeye guy. If he sees a picture of a primary school in Akwa ibom state, he will faint. lol

I am not an Amaechi fan, but when it comes to schools, Amaechi scores A1. Fantastic schools. The funny chap now went on to say fashola is catering for 4 million school children! What a dolt and a BIG LIAR! I don't even have one friend who's child attends a public school. The ratio of public to private schools in Lagos is like 1:800 some whole local governments don't have more than 3 public schools. lol

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by coputa(m): 7:26pm On Jun 14, 2013
Fashola is WORKING !
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by foliks(f): 7:31pm On Jun 14, 2013
Anybody that want go crazy should go ahead ... BRF is working, Lagos is moving forward.

Come to Buhari part of Abuja and cry for Nigeria education, then come back and tell me how many years PDP don dey rule Naija
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by babaowo: 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2013
baby_123:

Public school in Lagos is free. This is why Lagos is witnessing an even bigger population explosion. Fashola needs to reverse that decision, and make it free for the indigent's.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by seunlayi(m): 8:43pm On Jun 14, 2013
this is why i never regretted using my hard earn money to send my children to private school where i can monitor and demand for improvement at anytime.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by adconline(m): 8:48pm On Jun 14, 2013
automaticcarzz: Schools are like that in every part of Nigeria. What stops parents from buying furniture for their kids to use in their classrooms. Government cannot do everything alone. In the U.S, rich individuals contribute money to fund schools. Rich individuals don't care in Nigeria.

Individuals don't build primary and secondary schools in the US. Stop misinforming folks! It's the responsibility of local and state govts!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by DerideGull(m): 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2013
1 shortblackboy: the only appropriate comment to make on this threade is ........ Eko oni baje oo!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You could not be more right.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by phemi01(m): 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2013
automaticcarzz: Schools are like that in every part of Nigeria. What stops parents from buying furniture for their kids to use in their classrooms. Government cannot do everything alone. In the U.S, rich individuals contribute money to fund schools. Rich individuals don't care in Nigeria.

I do not know if u are an adult. If u are, Ur comment is a very silly comment. Sometimes I wonder if people understand what the word government and democracy means. U can google the functions of a responsible govt and come back to make a meaningful contribution.
And the ACN supporters can ask Mr Fashola why his children cannot attend a govt school. Whatever answer he gives, I.e if he can will go a long way explaining their real intentions for lagosians.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by obamaobama: 8:55pm On Jun 14, 2013
ikwere militant: sorry o d governor is busy wit eko atlantic project,while hs party re busy brainstorming another paper propaganda. Aganst gej
make poor man the give birth to 20 children and expect fasola to take care of all of them.sheet

1 Like

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by calcal: 8:56pm On Jun 14, 2013
the last time we open new department of rocket science in one of our university waiting for those students learning under trees.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by dayokanu(m): 8:57pm On Jun 14, 2013
u-best:
APC the noise making party plz travel to PDP state in south-south like Rivers,Cross-River, Akwa-Ibom etc and see what it mean to govern a state & provide necessity include sch. bunch of criminal who cannot save their south west region but dreaming to use south-south oil money to make naija paradise

Why not tell us to travel to a non oil producing PDP state like Enugu, Ebonyi, benue, Taraba Kogi Abia etc why Akwa-Ibom in particular
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by phemi01(m): 9:01pm On Jun 14, 2013
payless: There is no part of Nigeria where we don't have dilapidated schools. What I can say is that; there are better schools in Lagos and Akwa Ibom than anywhere in Nigeria.

Below is a school in Imo state during WAEC Examination:

What trash are u talking? We are talking lagos u are showing pics of schls in Imo. Instead of u to ask ur governor and ur LGA chairmen + d commisner of educatn wat they are doing with all d money they get. I dnt jst undstnd y nigerians can't be honest.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Wiseoldman: 9:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
Its very funny, we need not insult ourselves..are we being paid to post 'winning' comments. well as a Lagosian, and a graduate of the public school system up to tertiary, d system has really improved. U would hv to go deep inside d state to see few schools still as bad as that.
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Smoj(m): 9:49pm On Jun 14, 2013
Fashola is working, Eko oni baaje ooo!!! #smh#
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by adconline(m): 10:07pm On Jun 14, 2013
obamaobama: make poor man the give birth to 20 children and expect fasola to take care of all of them.sheet
List your qualification as a demographer to show us how ypu arrived at the conclusion that " poor man" gave birth to 20 children. What's wrong with being born poor? Stupid and greedy folks like you are the reason what we have poverty in Naija. You and your greed masters have stolen from "poor folks" what belongs to them and now you are calling them poor. They are poor because your are plundering their wealth.
I tell you that the man who had 8 kids and never depended on any govt assistance is richer in character and integrity. He does not know any politician, does not know any councilor or LG official. He's more honorable than you and ur masters! He's poor by ur standard, but towers above you in morality and honesty.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Notion(m): 10:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
This is serious o!
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by frankyychiji(f): 10:24pm On Jun 14, 2013
I thougt everything was working in lagos? Pls a thing as simple as furniture for schools And I don't mean airconditioners and state of d art labs o! Smh...
payless:

Tell me your state so I can upload pictures as worse as that of Lagos State. Generally, public schools are in bad shape in every part of Nigeria.

Below is a video of dilapidated schools in Anambra:

https://www.nairaland.com/1173644/horrible-state-public-schools-anambra
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by Horus(m): 10:28pm On Jun 14, 2013
According to Forbes, Wealthy Nigerians Pastors Spend $225 million on Private Jets. Why whealthy pastors dont build schools in Nigeria?
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by mzapakistani: 10:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
two unique blogs promoting education for evryone's right
http://studyblast..com

Click this link to visithttp://studyblast.blogspt.com
and
http://uosbed..com
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by frankyychiji(f): 10:58pm On Jun 14, 2013
dayokanu:

Why not tell us to travel to a non oil producing PDP state like Enugu, Ebonyi, benue, Taraba Kogi Abia etc why Akwa-Ibom in particular
Do I need to tell u that Lagos makes 4times d allocation of any state in nigeria including akwa ibom by means of internally generated revenue? IGR of lagos alone is d yearly budget of some countries around d world!! I leave in ajah area of lagos and we aregroaning under the a c n imposed tolls for providing us wt roads. However, I don't blame fashola for this cos 60percent of d IGR ends up in tinubus coffers while d remaing 40 is shared among d boys!
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by frankyychiji(f): 11:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
grin grin And after eating chicken and downing it with d choicest wine, their host will treat dem to a nice desert of sharwama sized wrap of marijuana!
chidindufrank: And Tinubu and his men were seen eating chicken and drinking beer during the graduation ceremony of one of his daughters in far away america. Poverty ! E no go better for you!!! If you are not earning up to 100k a month in Nigeria,please don't marry,if you must, don't make babies. Poverty dey wicked pass death!!!
Re: Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees by tomakint: 11:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
anonimi:
And here I was listening and trying to believe all the stories and threads showing Fashola is EXCEPTIONAL and the Association of Conmen in Nigeria, ACN is PROGRESSIVE.
Is it that we have been sold DUMMIES all along, ACN's Lagos after 14 years continuous, unbroken "excellent" administration is just "as bad as other parts of Nigeria"
Good to note!!!
Imagine, the clown you quoted just gave himself away, ACN goons are not sharp cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Bricklayer’s Breakdown Of Nigeria’s Proposed 2015 Budget / Picture Of Buhari And Family Circa. 1983? / Militants Kill Army Captain & 4 Policemen In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.