Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,271 members, 7,928,905 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 03:21 AM

Police Checkpoints Back On Lagos Roads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Checkpoints Back On Lagos Roads (512 Views)

Dasuki: Buhari Never Ordered Dismantling Of Military Checkpoints / Military Checkpoints Return In Abia / Reps Reject Motion To Return Police Checkpoints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Police Checkpoints Back On Lagos Roads by 9jaeweekly: 8:58pm On Jun 16, 2013
I just moved to ogba and i discovered that every night am on my way home i see police check points at Ogunusi road , the road linking omole phase 1 to ogba , i also see them at the road before Acme flashing their flash lights, they are at aromire of adeniyi jones, and lastly at the rough road off acme that links you to adeniyi jones.

I thought police checkpoints were banned and the ban had not been lifted.

If policemen had checkpoints and they checked vehicles boots and interior without asking for license and vehicle papers i will say it could stop kidnapping, cos people are still being kidnapped weekly in lagos, so ti will reduce the problem if kidnappers know they could run into police checkpoints/roadblocks but they ask for papers and all sorts so that you will be asked to bail yourself.

Am sure their superiors know about the roadblocks but are doing nothing about it.

If you have checkpoints in your hood post it here too, very soon we will send the list to the IG , cos he could claim some people put on uniform to block roads , that they are not his men.

Am going to try and record them and take pictures to post here.
Re: Police Checkpoints Back On Lagos Roads by sassygal(f): 5:27am On Jun 17, 2013
I thought I was the only one that noticed this nuisance! they are on every major road on the island! from bonny camp to the beginning of adeola odeku, 2 checkpoints on ajose adeogun, even the link between akin adesola and ozumba mbadiwe. they now come out as early as 8.
Re: Police Checkpoints Back On Lagos Roads by 9jaeweekly: 10:57pm On Jun 17, 2013
They just piss me off , cos when driving on the island in daytime and they see you making a call , they will drive so fast and overtake you, park infront of you ask you to come down and start harassing.

I look out for them on island before picking a call, attimes they hide in those inner roads off kofo abayomi, adeola odeku and just jump right infront of you.

Sometime three weeks ago they were harassing one dude in front of mega plaza , they said he was making a call and driving around 10pm.

(1) (Reply)

What A Senator Earns In Nigeria?? / Reps Summon Okonjo-iweala Over Comments On Economy / Nigeria To Sign Off On $3 Billion In Chinese Loans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.