Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,151 members, 7,973,894 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 09:53 AM

Merging Of Churches Just As The Government Did To The Banks - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Merging Of Churches Just As The Government Did To The Banks (479 Views)

Photos: Hilarious Names Of Churches/ Ministries / WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing / Petition To Seun For The MERGING Of Islam And Religion Forums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Merging Of Churches Just As The Government Did To The Banks by akymme(m): 7:37am On Jun 18, 2013
On my street we have well over 4 churches minus different house fellowships, this makes my home noisy most times and weekends unpleasant with the heavy duty sound instruments they use, the purpose of the church is to listen to the words of the Lord and not to make the neighbourhood unpleasant
I am just wondering, with no religious motive attached, we used to have less than 50 banks before, CBN came up with a merger, now we have 25 banks and we still get serviced 5 days a week.If the churches can merge it won't be a bad idea, abi no be the same gospel dem de preach?
Re: Merging Of Churches Just As The Government Did To The Banks by k2039: 7:50am On Jun 18, 2013
ofcourse the doctrine varies from one church to another, so the merging will just create more problem.

Besides, you will have to retrench some pastors and their aides.
Re: Merging Of Churches Just As The Government Did To The Banks by akymme(m): 8:16am On Jun 18, 2013
that means somethings have been introduced into the religion by individuals, the bible is a guideline, just like we have manuals as guideline to any gadget, anything aside that is self introduced which i believe is not part of the religion
Re: Merging Of Churches Just As The Government Did To The Banks by whisper88(m): 8:21am On Jun 18, 2013
Wat am i gonna comment now?
Re: Merging Of Churches Just As The Government Did To The Banks by Mynd44: 8:59am On Jun 18, 2013
It almost won't work. Conflict of interest, who will control the church and whose doctrine would be followed and then who gets more money? cheesycheesycheesy

(1) (Reply)

Teacup Story / The Essence Of Gay In Our World / Get Intimate With God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.