Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,507 members, 7,914,350 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 11:48 PM

Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule (12459 Views)

Drama Trails Scrapping Of First Lady Titles, Offices In States-Daily Trust / President Jonathan Decides On Emergency Rule In Borno, Others Today / See What 1999 Constitution States On Fayose's Eligibility To Rule Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by bobthebuilder99(m): 10:33am On Jun 20, 2013
Beaf!:

^
They have to announce the ban before any further action will be taken. Innocent folks could also resort to that to reach their loved ones you know. They dont have the power to shut down Thuraya like they do for the local GSM networks. Now that the announcement is made anyone caught with Thuraya device or recharge card is automatically a BH suspect.

The point I am making is that they should have kept quiet and gone directly to Thuraya.

Thuraya would give them the locations of the satellite users in Northeast Nigeria, and then the military could WATCH the call logs to see if they call their sponsors, and also LISTEN to the phone calls to learn their plans.

Banning does nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by Novice1(m): 10:34am On Jun 20, 2013
you are outta ur mind

Capnd143: Leave no stone untouched boys! Ban anything related to terrorism, even if shouting allah arkbar is related, ban it, anyone cought shouting should be shot on sight, anyone with long caftan and overgrowm beards with hungry and scary looks should be shot on sight, anyone that frequents the mosque regurlarly even without reason and carrying a load should be shot on sight, after this is done then we will negotiate with human rights watchdog later!
Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by Nonybb: 10:35am On Jun 20, 2013
Capnd143: Leave no stone untouched boys! Ban anything related to terrorism, even if shouting allah arkbar is related, ban it, anyone cought shouting should be shot on sight, anyone with long caftan and overgrowm beards with hungry and scary looks should be shot on sight, anyone that frequents the mosque regurlarly even without reason and carrying a load should be shot on sight, after this is done then we will negotiate with human rights watchdog later!
Lol
Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by Keemhostquarter: 10:38am On Jun 20, 2013
Capnd143 *U* r a dog 4 saying dat rubbish.
Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by chymoE(m): 10:41am On Jun 20, 2013
Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by horlabiyi(m): 10:42am On Jun 20, 2013
The best thing is to contact Thuraya office to get the info of those using it in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 20, 2013
Are our intelligence agencies not intelligent enough?

With the right tools, even a novice can jam it Thuraya or not.

1 Like

Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by gerald09(m): 10:44am On Jun 20, 2013
OMG! Do dey still make that phone? Not seen it in years, well its the north I bet typewriter is still used as computers and the flinstones live close to d state house.

2 Likes

Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by Pdizzle(m): 10:44am On Jun 20, 2013
Let the war continue..
Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by youthmustwork: 10:48am On Jun 20, 2013
[/b]U pple re funny. I dont think ds boko H re stoppable. Thuraya or tura phone is nt our problem. Our problem is lack of intelligence. We spend millions/billions for minister and traditional rulers house. Cnt we bring dt.money together archieve something great, something like having a [b]central intelligence team. It will also create job opportunity.
Without ds i dnt think boko haram cn be defeated. By d number of dia attacks we would have studied dia tactics if we had ds team of security agent. Gbamite
Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 20, 2013

Lol..funny comment which from an ignoramus illiteri8
Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by youthmustwork: 10:57am On Jun 20, 2013
This boko h re senseless. Hw cn God promise u 72 sex virgins in heaven. Abi paradise done become p*rn zone?

2 Likes

Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by PeeDaVinci: 10:58am On Jun 20, 2013
why ban it when u can jam it on a very very little budget
Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by Mobsync(m): 11:01am On Jun 20, 2013

Any1 making unnecessary noise on nairaland should also be shot on sight. Damn, u remind me of the policemen in Niger/Delta who went on rampage killing any bodily built youth they saw, all in the name of killing militants.

jTF should make friends with the locals and if they can't, they should remain neutral. Making enemies with them could turn brutal and backfire, thus making the SOE become nothing but a waste of time and resources.
Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by Segadem(m): 11:03am On Jun 20, 2013
Can anybody in the house explain to me how this Thuraya works? Is it working in southwest?
Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by yunisco: 11:20am On Jun 20, 2013
Na wa o, I tot is only patience dat is working now, I never new Turia is still effective.
Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by yunisco: 11:23am On Jun 20, 2013
Segadem: Can anybody in the house explain to me how this Thuraya works? Is it working in southwest?
naNo, na songo network dey work 4 southwest.
Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by lawizle(m): 11:25am On Jun 20, 2013
Instead of banning d phone, dey should rather contact Thuraya to block all networks coming to these zones and if possible even block d satellite networks demselves.so after normalcy returns to d region dey can open up d networks again..some innocent ppl may be using thuraya,so should dey throw such an expensive phone away because of some cannibals? Except fed govt is willing to refund dem d money...
Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by obi123: 11:27am On Jun 20, 2013
Disqus7:

LMAO!
You come vigilant pass them BH boys o! grin grin grin

no be small thing honestly , i don laugh tire, you go fear zero tolerance na
Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by cunlekkk(m): 11:27am On Jun 20, 2013
Guy u sud b banned with ur lackadiasical post. undecided[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by akinmusi(m): 11:33am On Jun 20, 2013
Formerly palasa phones.

They now come in i-phones.

Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by toyfat: 11:34am On Jun 20, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by 3ace(m): 11:53am On Jun 20, 2013
Bunch of nitwits! They say Western culture is bad and they continue to explore various inventions of the west to perpetrate their nefarious activities.
Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by Capnd143(m): 11:54am On Jun 20, 2013
Keemhostquarter: Capnd143 *U* r a dog 4 saying dat rubbish.
lol. Too bad today is my happy day, we would have had a duel.

1 Like

Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by Capnd143(m): 11:57am On Jun 20, 2013
Novice1: you are outta ur mind

tell that to them jihadist bro!
Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by Capnd143(m): 11:59am On Jun 20, 2013
sanniemoe:

Lol..funny comment which from an ignoramus illiteri8
lol . . Funny reply from a mellontikös fool
Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by akinmusi(m): 12:00pm On Jun 20, 2013
lawizle: Instead of banning d phone, dey should rather contact Thuraya to block all networks coming to these zones and if possible even block d satellite networks demselves.so after normalcy returns to d region dey can open up d networks again..some innocent ppl may be using thuraya,so should dey throw such an expensive phone away because of some cannibals? Except fed govt is willing to refund dem d money...

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by Capnd143(m): 12:02pm On Jun 20, 2013
Mobsync:

Any1 making unnecessary noise on nairaland should also be shot on sight. Damn, u remind me of the policemen in Niger/Delta who went on rampage killing any bodily built youth they saw, all in the name of killing militants.

jTF should make friends with the locals and if they can't, they should remain neutral. Making enemies with them could turn brutal and backfire, thus making the SOE become nothing but a waste of time and resources.
a man that dances to the rythm from the druming of a mad man is theoritical mad, so bro if u replied to my post and claim that my post is unnecessary noise making, i guess we are both making Noise! No harm meant bro! Have a nice day
Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by 3ace(m): 12:02pm On Jun 20, 2013
passionate88: u wan b 1st to comment ba?. Better luck next time
No, probably he reserved the space to comment later. Most people prefer their comments to be on the first page for more relevance to the topic. People don't usually read beyond the first page due to busy schedule or numerous threads to view
Re: Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule by 3ace(m): 12:09pm On Jun 20, 2013
I remember the first time I held a Thuraya phone, I was so disappointed. The phone is so ugly and to even think of how much it costs makes it unattractive. What they are just selling is the unhindered connection anywhere in the world but dem suppose pack some sweet features for d phone na. Well, maybe dem don improve now sha.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Five Useful Idiots And The Spirit Of The Accursed Slave (PART 2) By FFK / How Nec, Newly Formed Eac Would Work Together By Vp Osinbajo / Buhari To Review Naval Fleet & Commission Dangote Refinery In Lagos Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.