Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,651 members, 7,979,204 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 11:27 PM

Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects (10246 Views)

Wike Drops Charges Against Armed-Robbers / DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court / How Russian Arms Is Helping Nigeria Fight Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by solomon111(m): 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2013
firetrap: you guys are getting it all wrong. we're the ones who are actually doing the arm twisting and we're going to get some great military assistance for letting them go. even the Russian government know that those guys are all guilty. and I can bet that the ones being let off the hook may belong to a Russian government security agency
Thank you very much.
Nigeria is probably getting something back in exchange,maybe a few military hardwares.
Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 19, 2013
I knew these dudes where going clean when I saw their picture on today's vanguard. It pays to come from a feared and respected nation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 19, 2013
firetrap: you guys are getting it all wrong. we're the ones who are actually doing the arm twisting and we're going to get some great military assistance for letting them go. even the Russian government know that those guys are all guilty. and I can bet that the ones being let off the hook may belong to a Russian government security agency

Nigeria is doing the arm twisting? grin grin grin grin grin grin of course..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 19, 2013
solomon111: Thank you very much.
Nigeria is probably getting something back in exchange,maybe a few military hardwares.

Military hardware? for what? for recognizing that they dont stand a chance against Russia?...you giving the Nigerian government too much credit..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by Afroconnect: 7:35pm On Jun 19, 2013
The world will never respect us when we treat them like we are slaves...In Russia,if a Nigerian is caught smuggling arms,that Nigerian will rot in Jail,they will not even compromise on it.
If we act like our laws are not important to us,we will continue to be laughing stock.even small Kenya recently sentenced Iranian terrorists arm smugglers to life in Prisoners-they have sent a clear message and earned their respect.Nigeria leaders have been made weak by corruption,they have been pampered and turned to women who can't face up to counterparts in the west.This embarrasment is too much.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by Afroconnect: 7:38pm On Jun 19, 2013
solomon111: Thank you very much.
Stop fooling yourselves,we deal in facts here,not wishful thinking.pls before you post anything on politics section-realize that you are dealing with serious intelligent people,who only want to hear FACTS.
You just sounded like a market women up there.where did you get this blatant lie you just spewed up there from?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
onitshaigbo:

They didn't need to threaten anything. Just one look from Putin would have made GEJ wet his pants.

yo fisherman not a lion , ask yourself one question - do you feel lucky? well do ya punk? do ya?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by solomon111(m): 7:43pm On Jun 19, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Military hardware? for what? for recognizing that they dont stand a chance against Russia?...you giving the Nigerian government too much credit..
And you are giving them no credit at all.
Btw,No world power can attack Nigeria without starting WW3 in 30minutes.
Given our huge natural resources there's so much vested interests in Nigeria from most of the world powers.
Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by Afroconnect: 7:48pm On Jun 19, 2013
solomon111: And you are giving them no credit at all.
Given our huge natural resources there's so much vested interests in Nigeria from most of the world powers.
Your thinking is really narrow.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by solomon111(m): 7:49pm On Jun 19, 2013
Afro connect:
how?
Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by Inoknowbook: 7:52pm On Jun 19, 2013
Russians are freaking racists!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by victorv12(m): 7:53pm On Jun 19, 2013
I wish it was Buhari that is in power. Before those Russians will ever see Russia again, they would have spent over Three Years in Nigeria before allowing them to leave. All our LAZY Nigeria Ambassadors should learn from this case. British, Americans and Russians can never allow their crooks to be incarcerated in any Nigeria prison. They rather go to war than to see a white man being maltreated by an AFRICAN! But as for we Nigerians, we can be locked up in their dog cages and the keys thrown into the ocean! This is the dilemmas of black manhood in Nigeria and abroad!! I wish our leaders are free from these white supremacist mentally. Maybe, all those sailors would be dead by now.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by solomon111(m): 8:02pm On Jun 19, 2013
victorv12: I wish it was Buhari that is in power. Before those Russians will ever see Russia again, they would have spent over Three Years in Nigeria before allowing them to live. All our LAZY Nigeria Ambassadors should learn from this case. British, Americans and Russians can never allow their crooks to be incarcerated in any Nigeria prison. They rather go to war than to see a white man being maltreated by an AFRICAN! But as for we Nigerians, we can be locked up in their dog cage and the keys thrown into the ocean! This is the dilemmas of black manhood in Nigeria and abroad!! I wish our leaders are free from these white supremacist mentally. Maybe, all those sailors would be dead by now.
This is nonsense.
You don't just take steps to prove that you are brave,you have to think of the common good.
Nigeria is not a world power YET.
We still need the support of countries like russia.
Even America will not take such brash step,as they would look to making a deal that would be mutually benefitial.
I shudder to think what buhari would have done.
This is why we should never allow an uneducated islamic fanatic in aso-rock.
Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by Horus(m): 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2013
All the 15 Russian sailors should receive capital punishment if guilty. "Dont mess with Africans", "dont flood Africa with illegal firearms and offensive weapons"; this is the message that Nigeria have to send to the world. If not Nigeria will have an image of a weak and coward nation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by HezronLorraine(m): 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2013
onitshaigbo:

They didn't need to threaten anything. Just one look from Putin would have made GEJ wet his pants.
its not just that its that,Nigeria is currently holding talks with russia to develop her own nuclear arsenal.if Nigeria doesn't release them,Putin will put that plan in a long term cold freezer.Nigeria needs to improve its delivery in every sector including the military as it as intentions of being a world power.
Jailing and tarnishing the images of those sailors wouldn't benefit Nigeria.there's no other nation to turn to.we tried North Korea.but super power USA bullied us out of it,plans with Iran was killed faster.for USA to bully Russia out of building Nigeria's nuclear arsenal would be tough.
Its a sacrifice that I hope would pay off for us before 2017.
Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by CUIzundu(m): 8:08pm On Jun 19, 2013
This one still wear em shorts n snickers, d oda wan galaxy stil dey fwesh... Hmm! D oga over dier has his dolce n gabbana shades since then...bcuz they r whites in a blackmans land...ra-ta-ta-taaaa! Justice 4 all shud b Justice for all wif equality!
With d country's current status (terrorism)... Russian govt/rep even has d guts 2 make comments expecting d same treatment 4d remaining 7?" Naija biko malife",
Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by HezronLorraine(m): 8:13pm On Jun 19, 2013
Afro connect:
Absence of evidence isn't evidence in absence.that you don't know how relevant Nigeria is doesn't make her worthless.we may have lost our dignity and glorified image.he is right,the world powers and a few super powers hold Nigeria in high esteem and her all strategic partners to her in different fields.you think Russia would go scot free if it tries anything deadly on nigerian territory.
Many nations would be losing a lot if Nigeria is crumbled by russian nukes.we wouldn't fight alone,many nations would stand up to our defence and stand a chance to capture the moment as an opportunitu to flex muscles and show their military might.
Russia won't kaboom boom pow Lagos without starting a WW3.please be enlightened.
Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by snakova(m): 8:17pm On Jun 19, 2013
amateurs. so u tink the world powers wud allow nigeria join them. u must be inhaling gutter water. i said it all along. for sergei lavrov to comment on this case means they take it seriously n wnt let the image they r trying to rebuild be tarnished by some negros. capische?
Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by ocelot2006(m): 8:18pm On Jun 19, 2013
kkkp: Nigeria always afraid...am missin Muammar Gaddafi

Read the post again, douche. It clearly said that the 8 crew men were basically sent to relieve the previous team that manned the ship, hence the decision to drop all charges against the former.

No wonder NECO's failure rate is high.....
Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by solomon111(m): 8:21pm On Jun 19, 2013
Horus: All the 15 Russian sailors should receive capital punishment if guilty. "Dont mess with Africans", "dont flood Africa with illegal firearms and offensive weapons"; this is the message that Nigeria have to send to the world. If not Nigeria will have an image of a weak and coward nation.
STFU,bloody american.
Go and ask your govt how many compromise it has made with the russian govt.
Even america cannot mess with russia.
Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by snakova(m): 8:25pm On Jun 19, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Absence of evidence isn't evidence in absence.that you don't know how relevant Nigeria is doesn't make her worthless.we may have lost our dignity and glorified image.he is right,the world powers and a few super powers hold Nigeria in high esteem and her all strategic partners to her in different fields.you think Russia would go scot free if it tries anything deadly on nigerian territory.
Many nations would be losing a lot if Nigeria is crumbled by russian nukes.we wouldn't fight alone,many nations would stand up to our defence and stand a chance to capture the moment as an opportunitu to flex muscles and show their military might.
Russia won't kaboom boom pow Lagos without starting a WW3.please be enlightened.
WW3 my arse ne. y did libya nt precipitate WW3? mind u they value arabs over niggers. if naija stops oil flow by mistake eh, then u wud understand my words clearly
Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by victorv12(m): 8:26pm On Jun 19, 2013
I'm not here to criticize or condemn any of our leaders...what I'm saying is that we should learn to respect ourselves and treat our brothers with respect, even when they are guilty. Are you not tired of the oppression at home and abroad?! And it's so unfortunate you can qualify someone like Buhari and uneducated Islamic fanatic. Well, don't let us reduce this topic to Nigeria politics... what I'm saying is that we need to respect ourselves before these white people recognize us, and it's so unfortunate that our leaders or representatives are the one selling us out. Which Nigeria criminal can ever think of smuggling weapons to Russia or North Korea and being caught without facing the wrath of law, fully?!
Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by solomon111(m): 8:31pm On Jun 19, 2013
snakova: amateurs. so u tink the world powers wud allow nigeria join them. u must be inhaling gutter water. i said it all along. for sergei lavrov to comment on this case means they take it seriously n wnt let the image they r trying to rebuild be tarnished by some negros. capische?
Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by snakova(m): 8:32pm On Jun 19, 2013
victorv12: I'm not here to criticize or to condemn any of our leaders...what I'm saying is that we should learn to respect ourselves and treat our brothers with respect, even when they are guilty. Are you not tired of the oppression at home and abroad?! And it's so unfortunate you can qualify someone like Buhari and uneducated Islamic fanatic. Well, don't let us reduce this topic to Nigeria politics... what I'm saying is that we need to respect ourselves before these white people recognize us, and it's so unfortunate that our leaders or representatives are the one selling us out. Which Nigeria criminal can ever think of smuggling weapons to Russia or North Korea and being caught without facing the wrath of law, fully?!
dont mind dem. even Abacha 4 correct their fvck up. Why cant same be said abt all those naija peeps on deathrow in many countries? Diplomacy my ar.se
Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by solomon111(m): 8:33pm On Jun 19, 2013
snakova: amateurs. so u tink the world powers wud allow nigeria join them. u must be inhaling gutter water. i said it all along. for sergei lavrov to comment on this case means they take it seriously n wnt let the image they r trying to rebuild be tarnished by some negros. capische?
China was not a world power 30 years ago.
India and brazil were not world powers 10 years,they are about to become one.
There's no invitation given to whoever want to be a world power,you join them by virtue of your technological devt and economic strength.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by solomon111(m): 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2013
victorv12: I'm not here to criticize or condemn any of our leaders...what I'm saying is that we should learn to respect ourselves and treat our brothers with respect, even when they are guilty. Are you not tired of the oppression at home and abroad?! And it's so unfortunate you can qualify someone like Buhari and uneducated Islamic fanatic. Well, don't let us reduce this topic to Nigeria politics... what I'm saying is that we need to respect ourselves before these white people recognize us, and it's so unfortunate that our leaders or representatives are the one selling us out. Which Nigeria criminal can ever think of smuggling weapons to Russia or North Korea and being caught without facing the wrath of law, fully?!
Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by solomon111(m): 8:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
victorv12: I'm not here to criticize or condemn any of our leaders...what I'm saying is that we should learn to respect ourselves and treat our brothers with respect, even when they are guilty. Are you not tired of the oppression at home and abroad?! And it's so unfortunate you can qualify someone like Buhari and uneducated Islamic fanatic. Well, don't let us reduce this topic to Nigeria politics... what I'm saying is that we need to respect ourselves before these white people recognize us, and it's so unfortunate that our leaders or representatives are the one selling us out. Which Nigeria criminal can ever think of smuggling weapons to Russia or North Korea and being caught without facing the wrath of law, fully?!
Is buhari educated?
Following his antecedents and his speeches,is he not a fanatic?
Yes,we should respect ourselves by not committing crimes in foreign countries.
Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
solomon111: And you are giving them no credit at all.

Relax bro there is no vested interest in Nigeria..but there is great vested interest in the natural resources.....but i must say...you have to be silly to think that a world war 3 would happen because of Nigeria....you must not have studied about WW1 OR WW2....all the U.S, U.K. Russia, China, Canada, Germany,France Etc... has to do...is just label Nigeria a terrorist supporting nation...and go in and kill who ever they want and take whatever they want

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by solomon111(m): 8:47pm On Jun 19, 2013
snakova:
WW3 my arse ne. y did libya nt precipitate WW3? mind u they value arabs over niggers. if naija stops oil flow by mistake eh, then u wud understand my words clearly
comparing libya an arab enclave to Nigeria shows you don't know what you're talking about.
Btw,the vested interests in Nigeria is far beyond oil.
Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2013
solomon111: STFU,bloody american.
Go and ask your govt how many compromise it has made with the russian govt.
Even america cannot mess with russia.
grin grin grin grin grin if America cannot mess with Russia then Russia must be unstoppable why dont they just do whatever they want? When it comes to military power...Russia, China, India, combined cannot even compare to the awesome power that is the united military...Ive seen it with my own eyes...The U.S navy alone is enough to annihilate these countries talk less of the Marines and air force. the United States economy feeds on war....the only way to scare America is with economy not military period
Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by HezronLorraine(m): 8:57pm On Jun 19, 2013
snakova:
because of russia is pro-assad.mind you not every middle-eastern nations are arabs.Syrians are Persians.
Re: Nigeria Drops Charges Against Russian Arms Suspects by solomon111(m): 9:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Relax bro there is no vested interest in Nigeria..but there is great vested interest in the natural resources.....but i must say...you have to be silly to think that a world war 3 would happen because of Nigeria....you must not have studied about WW1 OR WW2....all the U.S, U.K. Russia, China, Canada, Germany,France Etc... has to do...is just label Nigeria a terrorist supporting nation...and go in and kill who ever they want and take whatever they want
Vested interests are most of the time on Natural resources,so it's not a new thing.
Btw,Nigeria is a very strategic american ally in africa atleast in the war against terrorism in africa.
And no,america,UK, france cannot just enter and take whatever they want,if not they would have entered syria a long time ago.
That's why we need to remain friends with russia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring / Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos / 'Fuel Scarcity Will End Before Weekend'-NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.