Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,247 members, 7,891,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:29 AM

Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? (2365 Views)

Would You Let The Wedding Hold? (what'd You Do?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by Nobody: 2:03am On Jun 21, 2013
http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/shine-on/second-grader-wheelchair-set-apart-classmates-school-photo-173243067.html

Class photos usually end up on the family fridge, but the snapshot Anne Belanger received of her son’s Grade 2 class in New Westminster, B.C. went straight back into the envelope in which it arrived.
The mother of Miles Ambridge was heartbroken to see that her seven-year-old boy, who has spinal muscular atrophy and, as a result, must use a wheelchair, had been placed, chair and all, far off to the side from the rest of his classmates.
This physical distance emphasizes the fact that he’s not included in the group, Belanger tells the Province, and the photo serves as the most egregious example so far.
“Look at the angle that he was in,” she says, referring to the way Miles is clearly craning his body toward the other children to get closer to them in the shot. “He’s ostracized. He wants to be part of the gang so much.”
Even worse, she says, the placement decision was made by the adults who organized the photo.
“Kids can be cruel but this comes from adults, which is even worse,” Belanger adds. “Adults should know better.”

Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by Nobody: 2:04am On Jun 21, 2013
I think its not IMO, just want to hear other people's views undecided
Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by Chinwem(f): 4:06am On Jun 21, 2013
It may not have been intentional ......the wheelchair is pushed as near as bench allows

Legally nothing amiss but ethically looks more like error of omission than commission

Photographer is definitely not thinking........they could ve forgotten the benches and all huddled around the wheelchair

3 Likes

Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by tpia5: 4:31am On Jun 21, 2013
the picture has been retaken and the parents are ok with it.

i dont see why the matter should be rehashed- nobody needs to be feeling funky, stuck up, conceited or smug just because they're not the one involved.
Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by Ivynwa(f): 6:01am On Jun 21, 2013
Jide, I read this online days ago and the write-up that came with the picture explained well that it wasn't deliberately done because the father excused the school and blamed the insensitivity on the part of the company that snapped the picture.

I mean somebody that truly feels for others would have thought twice about distancing that differently abled child from the school mates like that in that picture. I think that it isn't deliberate, it was just snapped by somebody that did not think in the direction others in that position would have thought. I read that the mum was very hurt about it but they eventually got the picture retaken with the child in the middle and the whole class warmly all around him.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by Nobody: 6:17am On Jun 21, 2013
Ivy I just heard bout the picture retake too but what's wrong discussing it afterall I culled it from my local community forum too undecided

TPIA, ' that's that' what's what?? you don't need to tiptoe on eggshells with that laborious -like post of yours, I don't bite... shoot it straight and get it over with.
Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by tpia5: 6:20am On Jun 21, 2013
since i didnt put your name in the post, why are you acting as if you saw your moniker there?

chill.

my point is the situation has been rectified, people sometimes do not understand or care what others are experiencing because they do not walk in their shoes, you cant force an empathy gene into humans, its either they have it or they dont.

when they dont, they tend to act it out and feel conceited or 'better than' as we say in nigeria.

simple, i dont think there's anything to get hyper about.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by Nobody: 6:23am On Jun 21, 2013
Duh?? Jeez I'm I'm just just done with you.
Just go away far from here Biko. Chei olorun ku ise.

Just Leaveeeee.
Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by Ivynwa(f): 6:32am On Jun 21, 2013
jidegirl12:
Duh?? Jeez I'm I'm just just done with you.
Just go away far from here Biko. Chei olorun ku ise.

Nne I don't understand Tpia at all. One moment you are gisting with her and having NL fun together with her, the next moment she is jabbing words at you as if you are enemies out there in real life. She has given me this her side jabs too such that i wondered whether I and Tpia quarelled or something. Anyway, I still like her all the same.

@Tpiah
tpia sweet sweet kiss, how are you love? Hope cool? Are you still angry with me Sweetie, hope you are not? Come ere. Hugs and hugs and hugs and hugs------okay I will stop here so that you don't get angry with me right now. Hahaha. Tpianwa, i'm gonna open a thread for you so that we can have one of our big girls gists okay Baby.

Jide don't be angry with Tpia abeg, na my friend-o-o. No mind this her jabbings jor.
Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by Ivynwa(f): 6:37am On Jun 21, 2013
tpia@:
since i didnt put your name in the post, why are you acting as if you saw your moniker there?

chill.

my point is the situation has been rectified, people sometimes do not understand or care what others are experiencing because they do not walk in their shoes, you cant force an empathy gene into humans, its either they have it or they dont.

when they dont, they tend to act it out and feel conceited or 'better than' as we say in nigeria.

simple, i dont think there's anything to get hyper about.

Jide there seems to be a point Tpia is making here, you know.
Her post isn't really all jabs sometimes,I think that most times she has a point she is trying to drive home but that gets lost with the jabs she throws into things.
Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 21, 2013
You're on your own on that one oh smiley... I just don't dig the chick that's all... I have a picture ( undisclosed) in my head whenever I see her moniker.

I want her far away from my moniker.

I'm going to bed jare. smiley
Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by tpia5: 6:58am On Jun 21, 2013
^you might as well delete the thread while you're at it.

remove your post with the picture and others will do the same.
Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by Ivynwa(f): 6:59am On Jun 21, 2013
K Babes, goodnight/morning.

1 Like

Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by Ivynwa(f): 7:01am On Jun 21, 2013
Tpianwa, are you here?

Tpia sweet sweet, will chat with you later okay Baby. Take care
Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by Nobody: 7:09am On Jun 21, 2013
tpia@:
^you might as well delete the thread while you're at it.

remove your post with the picture and others will do the same.

Nah .... I'd rather remove you kpatapata ( working on it) ..... I'm done humouring you, I don't do that often with unpleasant pictures. Vamoose

Ivynwa:
K Babes, goodnight/morning.

Nite. smiley
Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 21, 2013
Mehn, i was just starring at the pics wondering when Jide will post a story to it. I didnt even notice anything wrong where the little baby on the wheels was positioned. I automatically assumed its because of the long sit that extends longer than the kids can fill in.

Does that mean i dont have empathy gene in me? embarassed.

1 Like

Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by mysticgal(f): 7:36am On Jun 21, 2013
Is the big headed photographers fault,abeg see distance lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by damiso(f): 8:22am On Jun 21, 2013
No I dont think it was.It was an oversight,infact I find that in most developed countries, sometimes they carry their 'inclusion' overboard that the picture would normally have the boy as the centerpiece of the picture.Even if it would mean breaking the bench into two grin
Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by tpia5: 8:33am On Jun 21, 2013
jidegirl12:

Nah .... I'd rather remove you kpatapata ( working on it) ..... I'm done humouring you, I don't do that often with unpleasant pictures. Vamoose

Nite. smiley

ok, keep working on it then.
Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by tpia5: 8:55am On Jun 21, 2013
Ivynwa:

Jide there seems to be a point Tpia is making here, you know.
Her post isn't really all jabs sometimes,I think that most times she has a point she is trying to drive home but that gets lost with the jabs she throws into things.

you should learn to let your mouth take a back seat sometimes, and give common sense the floor.

you are too quick to jump into things, dont let it be your undoing.
Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by 3ace(m): 8:56am On Jun 21, 2013
I don't see anything wrong with the picture. A closer look by zooming it reveals that the edge of the bench will not allow the boy's wheel to get any closer. The edge of the bench can still contain one more pupil and if that space had been occupied, it won't appear as if he was kept at a distance. And posing in front of other children will prevent them from appearing in the picture. The photographer also covered everybody fully thus, the boy needed not to "crane his body towards other children" as his mother puts it. I understand how she feels but she seems not to have psychologically gotten over her son's condition. Emotional people are difficult to relate with as they will hastily read meaning to what you do to them. I have dealt with a lady like this in the past.
By the way, why did they blur the faces of other children leaving that of the boy and adult?

1 Like

Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by tpia5: 9:35am On Jun 21, 2013
for maximum shock value.
Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 21, 2013
The teacher na olodo! Can't she c? Its a mistake I agree but they shouldnt hv givin out a copy of this. Snap another one with d necessary correction and pretend this never happened.

1 Like

Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by Ivynwa(f): 2:34pm On Jun 21, 2013
tpia@:

you should learn to let your mouth take a back seat sometimes, and give common sense the floor.

you are too quick to jump into things, dont let it be your undoing.

The advice is of you, by you and for you----the one who opens every thread to insult and hurt others.

Undoing ko, do me ni grin
You are taking the online thing too far as to mention undoing. Get a grip woman, Jeez! Tpianwa sweet sweet. Haahaa, I can only but laugh right now. Quit amusing me acting too serious jor. Hugs Tippy
Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by tpia5: 2:38pm On Jun 21, 2013
^ just stop replying, you do not have to respond to everything.

i will not engage in back and forth with you, obviously that's why you jumped on the thread, i suggest you find someone else to indulge you since i dont cater to wackos.

abi na mod dey hungry you ni? In that case, send the link to mukina.
Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by tpia5: 2:40pm On Jun 21, 2013
now, why was my post hidden?

the mod was awake to follow this thread but wasnt awake to clean up this one:

https://www.nairaland.com/1329675/baby-found-moremi-female-hostel/13

when i comment now, you'll say tpia is on your case. undecided
Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by tpia5: 2:40pm On Jun 21, 2013
yellowpawpaw: The teacher na olodo! Can't she c? Its a mistake I agree but they should hv givin out a copy of this. Snap another one with d necessary correction and pretend this never happened.

the matter has been resolved, but i guess the op and her cronies needed to post this picture in case some people missed it.

demonic folks.
Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by Ivynwa(f): 2:43pm On Jun 21, 2013
Yes madam.
TiiTii love, have a great weekend sweetheart and do loosen up a bit okay Baby. Muah muah Ivy blows Tippy a kiss and satchays out of the thread doing inyanga for Tpiah. Hahaha grin
Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by Ivynwa(f): 2:50pm On Jun 21, 2013
@tpia
I just realized that you modified your post raking and raking. As you can see i'm not in the mood to get down and dirty with you.
What upsets you and gets you angry angry like that? Jeez sweetie shake it all up and be happy. One more kiss for you Tippynwa, take care of you-u-uuuuuu
Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2013
Ivynwa:

What upsets you and gets you angry angry like that? Jeez sweetie shake it all up and be happy. One more kiss for you Tippynwa, take care of you-u-uuuuuu
What did u eat? Or rather did u win some dollars? I lv ur spirit!
Re: Is This Done Delibrately?? What'd You Think? by Ivynwa(f): 3:05pm On Jun 21, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
What did u eat? Or rather did u will some dollars? I lv ur spirit! Can't help laughing.
Hahaaa
how you dey my sister? Au revoir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Can Interpret These Two troubling Dreams For Me / Please Help He's Frustrated And I'm Worried He Might Do Something Really Crazy / Why Do Men Go Unpunished For The Same Crime Women Gets Purnished For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.