Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,564 members, 7,929,805 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 11:42 PM

Igbos Ready To Dump PDP For APC —OKOROCHA - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Ready To Dump PDP For APC —OKOROCHA (13509 Views)

Defection Of 5 PDP Governors Ensured Victory For APC — Okorocha / Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha / Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Ready To Dump PDP For APC —OKOROCHA by Kalamaya: 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2013
My take is that, Igbos should take their future into their own hands by getting actively involved in Nigeria politics. Mr. You forget to add the yoruba factor. Do you really believe that the north is responsible for this non igbo presidency in Nigeria?
Re: Igbos Ready To Dump PDP For APC —OKOROCHA by Okeycima: 11:10pm On Jun 21, 2013
just4francisca: for me and my household we rather vote for pdp than to vote BH. But this discussion of election dnt u guys think is too early for such discussion . Why dnt we wait for 2015 to come first. Any way. My advise for u guys at d TOP is to forget 2015 and focus on wht ur doing.
dis tin u just said made me to remember what he wrote on d roundabout leading to govt house and it say'POLITICIANS IS TINKING OF NEXT ELECTION,BUT LEADER TINK OF THE NEXT GENERATION'who is the politician and who is the leader now OKOROCHA
Re: Igbos Ready To Dump PDP For APC —OKOROCHA by Eve4: 6:12am On Jun 22, 2013
bobthebuilder99: Igbos can't decide if they love Biafra or the President.

They are confused people.
. You ar d one dat is confused. Wen its nt afectin you of cos You cn nt feel it. If d igbos cnt hv Biafra den D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ shud b givin a sense of belongin in d so called One Nigeria. So watch wat You spitt out.
Re: Igbos Ready To Dump PDP For APC —OKOROCHA by Eve4: 6:26am On Jun 22, 2013
Dat Okorocha is on his own, I hate it wen he says "Ndigbo". Him n who cam to d conclusion? Who tld Him ACP hs a future 4 d igbos? Mumu, mak I catch mysef Votin 4 d okorocha, sumtimes I Wonder y God made me igbo, we are so inconsistent, evrybody dos wat wil pay his pocket at d detriment of his broda or sis. Dats hw everybody sees us, and until we change dat mentality nobody wud vote an Igbo as president. Am calin on d igbo youths, until we arise as one family wit trust, putin selfish intrests n monetary gains aside, we aint gonna acheive alot politically, we wil remain folowers! Why cnt we learn oneness frm d North. A bunch sweeps bt a single broom can't.
Re: Igbos Ready To Dump PDP For APC —OKOROCHA by Chizua(m): 11:04am On Jun 22, 2013
grin angry grin Owelle Rochas must have smoking ganja or he is on drug for this is the joke of the century
Re: Igbos Ready To Dump PDP For APC —OKOROCHA by stanjohn57: 9:24pm On Jun 22, 2013
Eve4: Dat Okorocha is on his own, I hate it wen he says "Ndigbo". Him n who cam to d conclusion? Who tld Him ACP hs a future 4 d igbos? Mumu, mak I catch mysef Votin 4 d okorocha, sumtimes I Wonder y God made me igbo, we are so inconsistent, evrybody dos wat wil pay his pocket at d detriment of his broda or sis. Dats hw everybody sees us, and until we change dat mentality nobody wud vote an Igbo as president. Am calin on d igbo youths, until we arise as one family wit trust, putin selfish intrests n monetary gains aside, we aint gonna acheive alot politically, we wil remain folowers! Why cnt we learn oneness frm d North. A bunch sweeps bt a single broom can't.

Madam take a deep breathe and relax! Its easier for uneducated or uninformed persons to agree than learned ppl to. Who told you other tribes even agree?
Its this ur type of talk that portrays Igbos as the worst. Abeg is Jagaban and OBJ Igbos abi Goodluck and Amechi are from SE? not to talk of PDP gov's and Tukur being Umuafo Igbo. Why do you think lawyers 'enjoy' arguement sef? Igbo are democrats that do not believe in monarchy so be proud rather than regret
Re: Igbos Ready To Dump PDP For APC —OKOROCHA by Dpeacemaker101: 10:56pm On Jun 22, 2013
Please mr Rochas talk for you and your immediate family, cause I see no Igbo man voting the unregistered APC. People know you more than that.
Re: Igbos Ready To Dump PDP For APC —OKOROCHA by olivertwist: 11:47pm On Jun 22, 2013
olivertwist: For how long will my Igbo brothers be in political wilderness? For how long will Igbos continue to do 'follow follow' in Nigeria politics? And when I say 'follow follow', I mean't playing 'second fiddle' to others polItically.

Let's assume with the help of Igbos, GEJ gets another 4years. My question is, how will that benefit the Igbo nation on the long term? Will GEJ build infrastructures in SE alone? Or Will GEJ automatically hand-over to an Igbo president? These and many more are questions that needed to be answered b4 'all eggs are put in a basket'.

This is why I like and support what Gov. Okorocha is doing now politically. We've had 8years of OBJ rule(I can't point to a single project he did in SW), by 2015, GEJ would have spent 6years in office meaning, the North would've been out of power for 14years out of the last 16years come 2015. These and many more are reasons why there are unrest and tensions in the nation.

My take is that, Igbos should take their future into their own hands by getting actively involved in Nigeria politics and make their demand well known. I think the best bet is to fully support an APC Northern presidency with a SS (preferably Ameachi)or SW (preferably Fashola) Vice-president, SE senate president etc. Then, when it's the South turn, only the Igbos will be allowed to present a presidential candidate. We've had OBJ from SW, GEJ from SS so, the next President should come from SE, when it's South's turn.

Note: The reason I suggested a Northern president in 2015 is for peace to reign in the country and this is because of the situation we've found ourselves..
Re: Igbos Ready To Dump PDP For APC —OKOROCHA by anyaoguluke: 12:55am On Jun 23, 2013
Teenage Money: Igbos? He dy ma Mind? Me na PDP from Birth... Goodluck 2015
Chukwu ekwela, we need a changeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
A change of character.
A change of party.
A change of president.
Re: Igbos Ready To Dump PDP For APC —OKOROCHA by anyaoguluke: 1:23am On Jun 23, 2013
jusRadical:

My point is that governor Okorocha should know that Imo state in just managing him.

He should not mistake his ruling Imo state with acceptance as an accepted Igbo leader. Not every governor is accepted as a tribal leader.

Majority of Igbos still consider him as a 'con' or better still a fraudster.

He cannot win majority votes in Igboland for positions at the national level.

Many of his aides are already disechanted with him but are hanging on due to monetry benefits (though not much).

Now do you think that Rochas has a wide acceptance in Igboland (remember that Imo state is one out of 7 igbo speaking state, parts of Igbo speaking Delta and Rivers inclusive)?

What do you think is an average Igbo man's perception of Rochas?

Remember that APGA managed to win 2 states in Igboland. The party was powered by an Igbo hero, Ojukwu, who is no more. This has weakened apga. Igbos generally vote persons and not parties. Even if you say no that Igbos vote parties, then you must know that igboland is predominantly pdp. Remember the massive vote they gave to Jonathan. An average Igboman sees acn as a yoruba party and cpc as an hausa party which he cannot fly with. Now merging the 2 with Okorocha's faction of apga gives apc which Igbos generally hate.

Aboveall, you can have a glimpse of Okorocha's and apc's popularity/acceptance in Igboland from what some Igbos posted as replies to this topic.

Now, is it a bit clearer?
Brother, stop this lie.
Rochas is our man we accept him for what he has done, he is doing and he is going to do.
Nwa Okorocha gawa na ihu anyi so gi na azu.
Re: Igbos Ready To Dump PDP For APC —OKOROCHA by Caleboha(m): 6:33am On Jun 23, 2013
All igbos in nairaland, @ home and abroad who believe in Biafra should desist from commenting on Nigeria's political future! Its non of your business, except you're really confused!
Re: Igbos Ready To Dump PDP For APC —OKOROCHA by Mylove55(f): 10:04am On Jun 23, 2013
Igbo are so tribalistic,u prefer thieves more than change.because of tribalism,u don't want change.if pdp are saint,let us try devil.dat happen in my state edo,we said we want change,now we have see d change-both positive and negative.let change happen in nigeria whether positive or negative.
Re: Igbos Ready To Dump PDP For APC —OKOROCHA by Ngwakwe: 11:23am On Jun 23, 2013
What a trash. Was Rochas elected as PDP flag bearer or APGA?

Mylove55: Igbo are so tribalistic,u prefer thieves more than change.because of tribalism,u don't want change.if pdp are saint,let us try devil.dat happen in my state edo,we said we want change,now we have see d change-both positive and negative.let change happen in nigeria whether positive or negative.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mahmood Yakubu: No Result If Edo, Ondo Polls Are Disrupted / Sagay: FG’s Probe May Have Affected Magu Psychologically / Lack Of Funds Responsible For Delay In Appointing Ambassadors - Tuggar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.